Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Ancient Files: Filler
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
DV8
Well done, AH. As always, very well done. smile.gif
Namergon
QUOTE (Senchae)
Also, the Blood Wood book says that it's rumored that Caimbuoul is sharing Alachia's bed, so either one could be an ex-lover. Not for as long, of course.

IIRC, it's more than a rumor, from one of the novel trilogy about Aina (don't remember which one).
durthang
I know this is off topic, but the subject of Alachia sharing her bed raises a question I haven’t been able to find a good answer for in cannon. How do blood elves mate without tearing each other open on their thorns?
Ancient History
They don't. Or rather, everyone they fuck gets cut up. It's fairly explicit in one of the novels, but you can find references in other places.
Herald of Verjigorm
The spines can be cut or ground down. Very painful, but it gets rid of the sharp points for a few days.
JongWK
Blood Wood elves seem like S/M fans... Maybe Harlequin has something of a kink? wink.gif
Req
QUOTE (Ancient History)
They don't. Or rather, everyone they fuck gets cut up. It's fairly explicit in one of the novels, but you can find references in other places.

And which novel would this be? smile.gif
Ancient History
The Longing Ring. AN interesting case study, if taken with the other two novels in the series. J'role the Honorable Thief definately has a sadomachistic streak.
Req
In your opinion, are they any good? Amazon is definitely lacking much of a review base for them.
Ancient History
I enjoyed them, for the most part.
durthang
Thanks, AH. I haven't read any of the novels, and the source books have been tastefully, and frustratingly vague on the subject. I suppose it also makes a difference on how long the thorns are supposed to be.
Kesh
A few minor typos:

true techn-organic machines.

The  Scourge could likewise leaves old wounds.

Oh, and this exchange:

:::::[WORDSMYTH] I always considered the  practice of petitioning to be a piece of sheer genius.
:::::[LADY OF THE COURT] We see your true stripes at  last.

Not sure what to make of this.  It occurs after a few posts debating  whether hermetic circles or shamanic lodges are used in teocallis.  Could  be Wordsmyth is cracking a bit of a joke.

Considering 'petitioning' is part of the Tir Tairngire's class-advancement process, I think the implication is that Ehran came up with the idea and is stroking his own ego. LotC then calls him on it. wink.gif
Shanshu Freeman
This might have already been discussed, but:

:::::[THE LAUGHING MAN] The Lady does not speak...even to tell us that many are magically active, which is mundane knowledge.  <pun intended>  Brightlight's absence is again unfortunate.  It would be most interesting to know what he thinks about them.  <chuckle>

:::::[THE BIG 'D'] We might indeed find it interesting, if he were party to their activities here but I doubt this is so.  Shall we proceed?

Ok, so it's painfully conspicuous Brightlight isn't here, and it would have been "illuminating" for the others to have him present. He is not, therefore it is reasonable to consider that it is useful for Dunklezahn's ends that he not be there.

Next, we see the conversation was observed by other parties:

:::::<Well?>

:::::<Our Channels were beyond the dragon's decker.  He never felt or suspected my Presence.>

:::::<What did you learn?>

:::::<Nothing we did not suspect.>

:::::<Was the file capture complete?>

:::::<Yes.>

:::::<Then amend the Shadowland file with their conversations.>

:::::<They will be furious and blame the dragon.>

:::::<Then lkeave our conversation in, but delete the Names.  Let them wonder.>
I submit that Dunklezahn knew the conversation would be monitored, and allowed it to be for the very reason given in the ending exchange. If he disseminated the data, the others would be wicked pissed. This allows him to get the info out there without being percieved as being responsible for it.

Further more it suggests to me that this is why he neglected to include Brightlight. Perhaps Brightlight's submissions to the conversation would have been potentially damaging if widely known.

Then again, I may just be highlighting the obvious.

Thoughts/musings?
mfb
maybe the second otaku was brightlight. dunk asked him to monitor and capture the entire conversation, then post it to Shadowland for the benefit of the general populace.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (mfb)
maybe the second otaku was brightlight. dunk asked him to monitor and capture the entire conversation, then post it to Shadowland for the benefit of the general populace.

GENIUS!!!

Yanno, that's not a bad idea at all. If it's true, kudos to Brightlight for staying quiet. I never would have been able to resist chipping in with my 2 nuyen.gif
mfb
well, from the text, he himself wasn't monitoring it.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (mfb)
well, from the text, he himself wasn't monitoring it.

the heck you say!

<me goes to reread>

read.gif
mfb
er, when i said "second", i meant "first." i don't guess it matters if brightlight was there himself, or if he sent one of his otaku to do it. it makes more sense to me for him to be the first otaku, because i can't see him reporting to someone else.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (mfb)
er, when i said "second", i meant "first." i don't guess it matters if brightlight was there himself, or if he sent one of his otaku to do it. it makes more sense to me for him to be the first otaku, because i can't see him reporting to someone else.

Either way, it's fascinating.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012