Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberlimbs and the non-physically fit.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Jaid
encumbrance is based on *worn* armor. cyberlimb armor is not worn, and he has about 10 points of it. therefore, if you look at it, he only has to worry about a relatively lower 10-15 armor (which may include other non-worn armor, who knows?)
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Jaid @ Nov 30 2009, 09:21 PM) *
encumbrance is based on *worn* armor. cyberlimb armor is not worn, and he has about 10 points of it. therefore, if you look at it, he only has to worry about a relatively lower 10-15 armor (which may include other non-worn armor, who knows?)

Tis True... But a simple question really... Is not Cyberlimb Armor "Worn"? I understand about Physad Mystic Armor and Armor Spells, tehse have no bulk... but Cyberlims and armored Cyberlimss do have bulk to them... Just curious is all... Even with my crazy cybered Character (Almost a full borg conversion really), I still did not use any Cyber Armor... it is just to bulky and obvious, which is why I am asking...

Keep the Faith
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Nov 30 2009, 11:58 PM) *
Tis True... But a simple question really... Is not Cyberlimb Armor "Worn"? I understand about Physad Mystic Armor and Armor Spells, tehse have no bulk... but Cyberlims and armored Cyberlimss do have bulk to them... Just curious is all... Even with my crazy cybered Character (Almost a full borg conversion really), I still did not use any Cyber Armor... it is just to bulky and obvious, which is why I am asking...

Keep the Faith
You can flavor up the Cyber Armor as much as you'd like in your game, but if it costs Capacity, I'd say in my game that it isn't bulky (unless you make the Cyberlimb with Bulk Modification). It's armored up in an ergonomic manner, at the cost of capacity slots. To put it another way, if you maxed out your capacity slots on a Cyberlimb without Bulk Modification, do you consider the limb to be bulky? Enough to cause a penalty?

Just like Dermal Sheathing and Dermal Plating isn't "worn" armor, Cyberlimb armor isn't worn either.
Medicineman
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Nov 30 2009, 10:47 PM) *
How do you account for the Armor/Encumberance issues at that Rating of Armor?
Just Curious...

Keep the Faith

Good Morning (its 9 AM in Germany right now) smile.gif
Cyberarmor (which is not worn Armor) is 11/11
Formfitting Fullbody(6/2) and Armored/Military Jacket with Helmet(8/8) and CON7 (IIRC)

with a well protected Dance
Medicineman
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Nov 30 2009, 10:42 PM) *
You can flavor up the Cyber Armor as much as you'd like in your game, but if it costs Capacity, I'd say in my game that it isn't bulky (unless you make the Cyberlimb with Bulk Modification). It's armored up in an ergonomic manner, at the cost of capacity slots. To put it another way, if you maxed out your capacity slots on a Cyberlimb without Bulk Modification, do you consider the limb to be bulky? Enough to cause a penalty?

Just like Dermal Sheathing and Dermal Plating isn't "worn" armor, Cyberlimb armor isn't worn either.

Fair Enough...

Keep the Faith
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Dec 1 2009, 01:11 AM) *
Good Morning (its 9 AM in Germany right now) smile.gif
Cyberarmor (which is not worn Armor) is 11/11
Formfitting Fullbody(6/2) and Armored/Military Jacket with Helmet(8/8) and CON7 (IIRC)

with a well protected Dance
Medicineman

Not bad at all, Makes Sense... I was just wondering...

Keep the Faith
Bignaffer
I am currently playing a character just like this mechanically but with a little different back story(mine was a scientist who's body was mostly destroyed in am accedent). i did it in reverse, starting all cybered out and now i am working on hacking among other things.

i replaced all limbs including torso and head(which mechanically sucks but it was part of the concept). i bought all alpha-ware and have cyber-compatibility to save essence. then i enhanced all the stats to 7 in all limbs filled in most of the capacity with gadgets and such. outside of the limbs i have cyber-eyes and ears, cerebral boosters plus reaction enhancers (which i want to replace with synaptic boosters if i ever save up that much money). my stats worked out fantastically at str 7, agi 7, rea 7, body 7, int 5, cha 3, log 7, will 5. not being able to fit in extra IP's is horribly detrimental considering i sort of fill in as a back up sam in addition to the tech-man of the team.

over all i spent $325,000 on gear(born rich and in debt($25,000)) and with .33 essence. some day he will be fantastic but for now he is kinda meh...except for his stats.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012