Full Version: Nashville
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Daylen
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 24 2011, 08:08 PM) *
Add a sparkling Vampire... And it's still stupid. nyahnyah.gif

My little vampire?
CanRay
Careful, there's Bronies here. You might piss them off.
Wakshaani
Not for Nashville, but here's a fun nugget of general CAS-ness for those who want to spice up their New Orleans stuff a tad.

Ruddock, Wagram and Frenier, LA were destroyed by a hurricane in 1915.
Photo: frenierla.com

Three small towns in Louisiana comprised mostly of German immigrant cabbage farmers used to exist by the southwest edge of Lake Pontchartrain. The train delivered their groceries and the towns were so sleepy that the name of Wagram was renamed Napton. As is often the case on the Gulf Coast, however, all that changed with a hurricane. The towns’ legacy takes on a voodoo twist with the legend that their destruction was foretold. A resident named Julia Brown used to sit on her porch and sing about how when she died, she’d take everyone with her. Brown died just before the town was hit by a category 4 hurricane on Sept. 29, 1915. The townspeople were holding her funeral when the hurricane hit. The story goes that Brown’s coffin floated out into the swamp, and the three towns were destroyed in the storm.

The CAS has all kinds of creepy tales of witchery, ranging from Appalachia to Louisiana, with swamps and hillfolk being the most common, but there are plenty of others... the Bell Witch being the best-known, but there're plenty more. We have "Old Geroge's Bridge" here, which is on the haunted sites registry. Odd, because the actual bridge was destroyed long ago and so the current one has no relation to the haunting, but, there ya go. (If you look it up, you'll also get links to the Witches Cemetary up here as well.)

I'm given to understand that once you hit the TN-North Carolina border, and up into West Virginia, you'll get stories about kobolds and knockers and other sorts of Brownie-like activity. "Wee magic people" who cause trouble or who haunt mines and the like. We don't get THOSE stories here, but, we have a few.

Of course, this doesn't even start with the Cherokee stuff and the assorted Mounds tribes.
Daylen
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Nov 24 2011, 08:04 PM) *
Not for Nashville, but here's a fun nugget of general CAS-ness for those who want to spice up their New Orleans stuff a tad.

The CAS has all kinds of creepy tales of witchery, ranging from Appalachia to Louisiana, with swamps and hillfolk being the most common, but there are plenty of others... the Bell Witch being the best-known, but there're plenty more. We have "Old Geroge's Bridge" here, which is on the haunted sites registry. Odd, because the actual bridge was destroyed long ago and so the current one has no relation to the haunting, but, there ya go. (If you look it up, you'll also get links to the Witches Cemetary up here as well.)

I'm given to understand that once you hit the TN-North Carolina border, and up into West Virginia, you'll get stories about kobolds and knockers and other sorts of Brownie-like activity. "Wee magic people" who cause trouble or who haunt mines and the like. We don't get THOSE stories here, but, we have a few.

Of course, this doesn't even start with the Cherokee stuff and the assorted Mounds tribes.

That stuff sounds more like New Orleans in 1960 instead of 1990 much less 2060. I do like how you put swamps and rednecks in the same catagory as witches and kobolds smile.gif (as threats to runners I take it)
kzt
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Nov 24 2011, 09:46 AM) *
There's a country song by Luke Bryan- (Shake it for me) Country Girl. The girl in it is not dressed'country but in sort of an s&m outfit with knee high stiletto boots. My husband pointed out the out fit and girl dancing could be any video- just take out the pcik up truck and big tired, change the lighting and it could be hip hop- add some candles and smoke etc, the whole thing was so generic to be stupid.

It's a pretty dumb song. Rest of the album isn't too bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012