Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AI-Walker Drone VS Jarhead-Walker Drone
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Delarn
First Cyborg are OWNED ! So they don't freelance! They are used to do business a runner can't do. (Killing runners that are fast and tough)

I have sent an Email to Catalyst so they clear that up.

Let's talk about the AI now.
AngelisStorm
I threw my 2 nuyen.gif in because it was an obnoxious arguement to read. Yes, I could have stopped reading, but by that point it was like a train wreck. And dangit, when you stare at a train wreck, you have to say something.

QUOTE (Ephiral @ Dec 17 2009, 09:43 AM) *
As an aside, your example is exactly wrong. SR4A 350, first sentence.

Care to share? Not everyone is hip to the SR4A, and it's hard to have a rebuttal when someone makes reference to a source you can't access.
Delarn
QUOTE (AngelisStorm @ Dec 17 2009, 02:55 PM) *
I threw my 2 nuyen.gif in because it was an obnoxious arguement to read. Yes, I could have stopped reading, but by that point it was like a train wreck. And dangit, when you stare at a train wreck, you have to say something.

Care to share? Not everyone is hip to the SR4A, and it's hard to have a rebuttal when someone makes reference to a source you can't access.

From the pdf book : All drones are equipped with rigger adaptation
---
For the CCU and drone LETS LEARN MATH :

Adaptation 15k +(250k for the CCU)
What is included in the drone is : 15k Adapatation
() Brackets EXCLUDE the number or equation that is inside. Example : 10-(2*5) = 10 - 10 = 0
5+6/2 = 8 ; (5+6)/2 = 5.5
So Otomo +(250k) = 400k

Is it a clarification ?
AngelisStorm
QUOTE (Delarn @ Dec 17 2009, 10:05 AM) *
From the pdf book : All drones are equipped with rigger adaptation

Thanks Delarn, but that can't be what Ephiral is saying I am "exactly wrong" about. A Cyborg Mod allows the CCU to interact with the drone. The Rigger Adaption/Black Box allows a Rigger to rig the drone.

Seems like a pretty straight forward analogy.
Delarn
QUOTE (AngelisStorm @ Dec 17 2009, 04:19 PM) *
Thanks Delarn, but that can't be what Ephiral is saying I am "exactly wrong" about. A Cyborg Mod allows the CCU to interact with the drone. The Rigger Adaption/Black Box allows a Rigger to rig the drone.

And the Anthroform drones that have de Adaptation for CCU also have a Drone rig ... So Cyborg can be remote controlled.
Delarn
What Drone should I use to have this 1/12 version of a gundam (150 cm) wink.gif
Manservant 3 ?

http://kusakusa.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/sz09-hy2m_01.jpg
Sengir
QUOTE (Delarn @ Dec 17 2009, 03:54 PM) *
Let's talk about the AI now.

Build AI character (IIRC there's even a "former pilot program" quality) and buy decent drone, not much to discuss there.

Of course you would need some kind of automated workshop to repair/upgrade that drone, because an AI would face some problems if it wants to handle a screwdriver
Manunancy
QUOTE (AngelisStorm @ Dec 17 2009, 04:19 PM) *

In my opinion the afrementionned 'cyborg mod' isn't much in the way of electronics - the drone is already equiped for rigger control, all you need is an interface port for a wired link, something on par with a datajack.
But you'll need to have a physical space to put the CCU in, power links to have it working and the like. That's going to cost more and is what I assume is included in the 'cyborg mod' for a drone.
The Jopp
Allright.

To make it simple - Choose an AI as a character simply because of flexibility.

Qualities:
Pilot Origin - Use Autosofts
E-Ghost - Newly Awakened AI (Have no codebase)
Amnesia - Have no memories of time before awakening/Human death
Born Rich (Born Cutting edge if you like)
Flashbacks (5) (Birth of AI or death of character

Mental Stats: 5
Skills: NONE

Most skills can be simulated through autosofts and software, although the character will not be a skill powerhouse the character will have a base skill of 4, add a good system to that and you are good to go.

First the skills:

Combat Tests:
[/indent]Targeting Autosoft
Stealth Tests:
Chaser, Covert Ops, Trailblazer Autosoft
Defense Tests:
Defense Autosoft
Hacking Tests
Technical Skill Autosoft
Computer Tests:
Technical Skill Autosoft
Movement Tests:
Maneuver Autosoft
Athletics Tests:
Maneuver Autosoft
Social Tests:
[indent]
Empathy Software
Perception Tests:[indent]
Clearsight

An AI built this way need a lot of cash, is limited by program rating and really need to make backup cashes of program and reserve nodes if something goes wrong. Then we have the problems with viruses, lacking actual skills (very depending on program). The good part is that we have LOTS of resources for base attributes, edge, drones and contacts.

Skill Limitation: Autosoft Rating 4 at character creation
Base Attribute: Response (which would be around 8 in a drone)

Dicepool around 12+Smartlink or vehicle modifiers

One could try to maximize mental attributes to 6 (if possible) but then you jump from middle to high lifestyle.

NOTE: Purchasing a separate Node with program backup and as a AI temporary home is a good thing.
Delarn
I think that pilot origin can't be mixed with E-Ghost. Because of the descriptions that say : One is from metahuman mind, and the other from program codes.

So I'm stuck with, I'm doing an E-Ghost that need skills or an AI that is a pilot program.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Delarn @ Dec 18 2009, 02:31 PM) *
I think that pilot origin can't be mixed with E-Ghost. Because of the descriptions that say : One is from metahuman mind, and the other from program codes.

So I'm stuck with, I'm doing an E-Ghost that need skills or an AI that is a pilot program.

Well, there is nothing that says ruleswise that you cannot mix the two qualities. An E-Ghost with pilot origin might well be one hell of a hacker or even a Drone Technomancer that has now become an AI with an affinity for drones.

It's all in the character description.

OR it can be a pilot program becoming an AI at the moment when it had no loaded programs.

The same goes for "Born Rich" which might not even be that a character WAS born rich, just a name for a quality that gives an explanation to +10 resource points.

Still, nothing wrong with a basic codebase - unfortunately I cannot find any info that an AI may start the game with an Autosoft Codebase - something that would be fitting.
BlackHat
It seems like you would DEFIANTLY want to go piloting origin so that you can rig vehicles, and use autosofts. And I think you'd want the codebase too. The points you get for beign an EGhost wouldn't really make up for the always present high rating programs you could have, otherwise. I would focus on defensive programs, which would allow you to connect to your team without fear of having your body jacked out from under you. You could always run silent (turn off wireless) but it puts you at a disadvantage, and so why not pick up some free programs like encrypt, data bomb, analyze, etc. You'll want analyze for matrix-perception, for sure. You'll want reality filter so that you can move your home node if anything ever happens to it. You'll want command, either to move your body from capitan's chair mode (rarely best), or to order around other drones - particularly those who will be repairing your body when it inevitably takes damage. ECCM is good.

Basically, you won't NEED those programs to pull off the concept of a wayward robot, but it will make your life as a shadowrunner a lot easier.
Delarn
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 18 2009, 03:08 PM) *
It seems like you would DEFIANTLY want to go piloting origin so that you can rig vehicles, and use autosofts. And I think you'd want the codebase too. The points you get for beign an EGhost wouldn't really make up for the always present high rating programs you could have, otherwise. I would focus on defensive programs, which would allow you to connect to your team without fear of having your body jacked out from under you. You could always run silent (turn off wireless) but it puts you at a disadvantage, and so why not pick up some free programs like encrypt, data bomb, analyze, etc. You'll want analyze for matrix-perception, for sure. You'll want reality filter so that you can move your home node if anything ever happens to it. You'll want command, either to move your body from capitan's chair mode (rarely best), or to order around other drones - particularly those who will be repairing your body when it inevitably takes damage. ECCM is good.

Basically, you won't NEED those programs to pull off the concept of a wayward robot, but it will make your life as a shadowrunner a lot easier.

Thanks that will help a lot. smile.gif
JoelHalpern
Given that an AI can have programs above rating 6, rather than rigging (jumping into) one vehicle, would it not be viable to use a high rating command program, and control multiple vehicles?

Yours,
Joel
Delarn
No ... an AI can't do that ... It can only rig one vehicule at a time ...
JoelHalpern
Important typo corrected in my note. I was referring to the "Command" program. That allows you control multiple vehicles, using the command program rating as part of the dice pool. They each don't get as many IPs, but you can command multiple devices. (For AIs, this does depend upon them being able to take skills like Gunnery and driving. )

Yours,
Joel
Delarn
Does that mean that an AI inside a Comlink can use the 3 IP to control 3 Different drones ? But it would kill the Hulk Buster Ironman 48" action Figure concept ... That think he is !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012