Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most Evil thing you did, or had done to you inGame
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Panzergeist
You know what would be a good way to assasinate someone? Mix some rubbing alcohol in with their liquor.

I just remembered another really evil thing a teammate of mine did a long time ago. We were in a car chase, with the pursuers being about a hundred meters behind us and closing. So the teams mage casts a trid phantasm spell right behind our car, making an illusion of a brick wall rising up out of the asphalt. The result: humungous car accident, a dozen deaths, resultant traffic jam, but the pursuers were stopped.
nezumi
You'd likely need a LOT of rubbing alcohol to kill someone. Not good for them, but not a garaunteed kill either. Don't forget that anti-freeze as similar effects and tastes much better too.
Panzergeist
It would take about 1 cup of rubbing alcohol.
Fortune
QUOTE (Panzergeist @ Feb 16 2004, 03:44 PM)

Considering I personally know quite a few people that drink a lot more than that amount of Rubbing Alcohol (or Antifreeze/Aftershave/Metho) every single day, I think the results might be a bit variable.
Zazen
Why on earth do they do that?
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Panzergeist @ Feb 16 2004, 03:44 PM)

Considering I personally know quite a few people that drink a lot more than that amount of Rubbing Alcohol (or Antifreeze/Aftershave/Metho) every single day, I think the results might be a bit variable.

so true. You should see the hobos around here. It's sad.
Fortune
To get smashed! Why else?
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Zazen)
Why on earth do they do that?

they have an addiction
Zazen
I've heard of people doing that in rehab when nothing else is available, but why do it outside of that?

Where I live you can buy a magnum of Super-Cheapo vodka for like 5 bucks. When I'm really hard up for cash I go for a $3 can of nutmeg, half of which will keep me fucked up for 12+ hours.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Zazen)
I've heard of people doing that in rehab when nothing else is available, but why do it outside of that?

Where I live you can buy a magnum of Super-Cheapo vodka for like 5 bucks. When I'm really hard up for cash I go for a $3 can of nutmeg, half of which will keep me fucked up for 12+ hours.

for real? nutmeg?

Around here, they hit the alcohol substitutes when the liquor stores are closed. For that same 5 bucks, they can get 4 liters of minty fresh store brand mouthwash.
Fortune
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman @ Feb 16 2004, 05:26 PM)
Around here, they hit the alcohol substitutes when the liquor stores are closed.  For that same 5 bucks, they can get 4 liters of minty fresh store brand mouthwash.

Or more metho than they could drink in a day.

Sometimes it's a case of not being able to get someone to serve them. Other times, it's just habit.

I was in prison with a guy who killed his best friend with his bare hands over a half a bottle of aftershave. He was serving 2 years. The scary part was that it was the second time he had commited that very offence! eek.gif
Crusher Bob
I don't think I'd let my best friend kill me more than once, no matter how much aftershave I'd had to drink.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman @ Feb 16 2004, 05:26 PM)
Around here, they hit the alcohol substitutes when the liquor stores are closed.  For that same 5 bucks, they can get 4 liters of minty fresh store brand mouthwash.

Or more metho than they could drink in a day.

Sometimes it's a case of not being able to get someone to serve them. Other times, it's just habit.

I was in prison with a guy who killed his best friend with his bare hands over a half a bottle of aftershave. He was serving 2 years. The scary part was that it was the second time he had commited that very offence! eek.gif

2 years for the second time he'd killed a man over half a bottle of aftershave? damn, I want that judge!
Zazen
Well I think I'll start giving my bums antifreeze and mouthwash now. Thanks for the info, guys.

QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)
for real? nutmeg?

Yeah, if you can get the vile stuff down you're in for a long ride. I recommend it to anyone with a strong stomach and 2-3 days to spare smile.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)
2 years for the second time he'd killed a man over half a bottle of aftershave? damn, I want that judge!

Tell me about it! I wish I'd have had him as well, considering I got a year for a measly couple of ounces of pot! frown.gif
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman @ Feb 16 2004, 05:50 PM)
2 years for the second time he'd killed a man over half a bottle of aftershave?  damn, I want that judge!

Tell me about it! I wish I'd have had him as well, considering I got a year for a measly couple of ounces of pot! frown.gif

I don't know what it's like elsewhere, but here in the States, there are Mandatory Minimum sentances for drug related offenses, so Judges have less freedom when it comes to deciding the punishment.
k1tsune
I thought antifreeze was very, very deadly?
moosegod
It is. Lots of dogs die every year from drinking it. It's really sweet so they just keep lapping it up. However, I have NO idea just how deadly it is.
Crusher Bob
Here's some stuff on cats and dogs...
boodah
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)
for real? nutmeg?

yep, in large doses its a hallucinogen.

per http://www.erowid.org/plants/nutmeg/nutmeg_faq.shtml :

"An intelligent 19-year-old female with a hysterical personality took one ounce of nutmeg in water and orange juice. She had five days previously taken L.S.D. with very little effect. She had also experimented with cannabis, but the only noticeable effect of this was that she developed a dry mouth. In contrast to this the effects of nutmeg were marked. At first she felt no effect, but after four hours she felt cold and shivery. Six to eight hours later she was vomiting severely. She saw faces and the room appeared distorted, with flashing lights and loud music. She felt a different person and everything seemed unreal. Time appeared to stand still. She felt vibrations and twitches in her limbs. When she shut her eyes she saw lights, black creatures, red eyes and felt sucked into the ground. Her mood was one of elation. She was taken by her friends to be seen by one of us (D.P.) as an emergency. She was admitted and quickly fell into a sound sleep. For the next week, however, she felt that she was walking in a cloud and complained that her thinking was confused and she found it difficult to follow what people were saying. Her concentration seemed poor and lapses of attention were noticed.
"
simonw2000
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman @ Feb 16 2004, 06:26 AM)

Ever seen the film Toy Soldiers? Some of the students in that film made money by selling mouthwash with vodka in. wink.gif Just gargling that stuff gets you pissed!
Fortune
It's a pretty common sight to see Aboriginals (mostly) hanging around gas (petrol) stations getting high by sniffing the fumes, especially in the Northern Territory.
Crimson Jack
We have a special compound called Super Drek in our game. It's basically super glue on steroids. It bonds anything to anything permanently and doesn't set until something touches it. The only way to remove something is to use a Drekstick (catalyst that breaks down the bond) or surgery.

One of the runners in the group had pissed off Wuxing, so the corp sent out a sniper to put a bullet through his head. The sniper squirted Super Drek all over the palm scanner to the building the runner lived in. He's sitting there with his hand stuck to the scanner while the sniper whistles to him.

<whistling noise>

Runner: What the...?

That was it. One shot in the head and he died with his hand still stuck to the scanner. Got some groans and laughs out of that one.
Daishi
The most horrible thing our team has ever done was to simplify a run against a heavily guarded compound. We acquired a list of all the security assets on call for that location, and then proceeded to systematically assassinate the next shift of guards and the response unit members in their own homes. We also stole food from the kitchens afterwards. Then we hit the compound shortly before the shift change was due and all the guards were tired without any relief coming. Most of them also died. It was messy and vicious, but par for that campaign.

Personally, I think the worst thing I've done was playing a Ghoul PhysAd who cut a security guard in half, and threw half of him in a sack to save as a snack. He also bit out the throat of a jacked in rigger. There's just something about eating the opposition that steps up to a whole new level.
Zazen
QUOTE (boodah)
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman @ Feb 16 2004, 01:26 AM)
for real? nutmeg?

yep, in large doses its a hallucinogen.

Tonight at my game we started talking about the time I GMed under the influence of nutmeg (a disaster), and talked a bit about nutmeg in general. Then some other drug-related stuff came up, including the NPC bums I added sniffing fuel at a gas station (thanks Fortune!).

Then this one chick named me "The McGuyver of drugs". biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012