Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You might be a hardcore SR gamer if...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Delarn
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Feb 6 2010, 05:12 PM) *
You can't see a pork loin in the supermarket without thinking of the SR2 entry on BBQ golden boar in black cherry sauce

HUMMMMMMMMMM I can taste the cherries !!!
ker'ion
...you dream in Shadowrun.
...you try to make those dreams into reality.
...you are pulling strings to shift the world to where Shadowrun will be the end result (or at least Gibson's future will be the result).
Delarn
QUOTE (ker'ion @ Feb 7 2010, 09:07 PM) *

Done this one more than once.
Daylen
dream in SR sure, hope or try to make the world more like it? no way.
Delarn
... When you listen to music from the Snes and Sega game
... When Electro pop sound like Shadowrun too much in your head
... When Metal sound like Troll soft rock.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Feb 2 2010, 10:09 AM) *
...Your character has more karma than bullets.

Err, I have to buy some more bullets... embarrassed.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Feb 8 2010, 09:24 PM) *
Err, I have to buy some more bullets... embarrassed.gif

My character in Alpha Omega was like that for a short while. When I had a gun that had a maximum ammo capacity of approximately 19,000 rounds (3,800 shots), though I only purchased 1000 steel marbles for it at the time (I had about 700 exp above the starting 500--which is standard for 2 missions*).

*I'm not joking. The game is like if shadowrun didn't have hardcaps on your stats and you got 30 to 50 karma a session. Our GM kind of ran out of plot ideas though, so the game stagnated. He'll be running some X-Crawl instead--or at least, that's what we suggested--as its plot-light.
Snow_Fox
You're stuck in a hotel a mile from your office because a freaking blizzard has made the roads impassable and you're wondering how this could be turned into a run
Draco18s
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Feb 10 2010, 09:51 PM) *
You're stuck in a hotel a mile from your office because a freaking blizzard has made the roads impassable and you're wondering how this could be turned into a run

Oh! Maybe we could meet up at a local Wawa! biggrin.gif

Assuming, of course, that I could get down my own drive way...assuming I could make it to my car...
BookWyrm
....you point out which TV celebrities would express into which meta-type--while you're watching TV with your Significant Other.
....You keep wondering which Dragons own which companies in the real world, and what their human forms look like. And who is their 'mouthpiece'.
....you wish that you could wear your armored long-coat to work on Casual Fridays.
....you have to remind yourself that the cigarette-lighter plug is NOT the rigger interface.
....you shout "yes! made the sucesses on that one!" when you score on wastebasket-ball. Every time.
Neraph
I'm not sure this is the proper forum for this one, but...

....when you've finally made it through chargen and into a game, when asked to describe your character at the meetup you describe your armor, commlink, weapons, scars, tattoos, and other assorted gear, and when the GM says "that's fine, but what clothes is your character wearing?" you notice that you did in fact pick up a dummy commlink, but you totally forgot to buy clothes.

Yes, this actually happened to 3 of 5 of my players this past Tuesday.
Adarael
...when you're sitting and Bleu on Capitol Hill, you tell your companions, "You know, in 2070, this is where the Aztechnology Pyramid is."
...you actually try to figure out how to use the Underground to get down towards the ID and SoDo, so as to figure out the time it'd take to walk to the secret entrance of the Arcology.
...you look for biker gangs while driving on I-405 at night.
...you have accidentally referred to Mercer Island as Council Island. Bonus points if you have done it multiple times.
...you're watching Heat with a lady friend and announce that obviously Waingrow's player didn't talk to the other players during chargen, and so was expecting pink mohawks in a black trenchcoat game.
...you say, "Sure, the Sonics sucked. But when Urban Brawl gets big, Seattle will be very proud of its' team.
...you try to figure out intrusion and extraction methods for your own office building.
...and the office building is a Microsoft building with secret projects in it, and that makes you giddy.
Delarn
.. when you pass 2 hours designing your custom dices for Shadowrun.
toturi
QUOTE (Adarael @ Feb 12 2010, 02:20 AM) *
...you try to figure out intrusion and extraction methods for your own office building.

... you try to figure out intrusion and extraction methods for every building you go into (which for me is quite a lot since I am a civil engineer and I get to go to the non-public spaces and get to observe what kind of security measures they have)
... you tell yourself to Observe in Detail while not doing anything that requires your full concentration
Neraph
QUOTE (Adarael @ Feb 11 2010, 12:20 PM) *

QUOTE (toturi Posted Yesterday, 10:26 PM )
... you try to figure out intrusion and extraction methods for every building you go into (which for me is quite a lot since I am a civil engineer and I get to go to the non-public spaces and get to observe what kind of security measures they have)

I do these, for two reasons:
1) I am a security guard, and as such I pay a lot closer attention to the building I work in.
2) I am also borderline paranoid, and as such I pay a lot closer attention to any building I walk into.
Delarn
... When I try to make some of the black rhino menu item wink.gif
Snow_Fox
you visit government buildings to look up records and think "and in SR this weill look EXACTLY the freaking same as it does at this minute.
ker'ion
...when you buy a magazine that's not even related to Shadowrun for no other reason than that it has an article in it you need for game.
(Popular Science, March 2010 edition)
Daylen
...you prepair for when you might have to get extracted from the mega you work for...
Snow_Fox
similarly you set up deadman switches at work so that if you're boss fires you, drek will hit the fan shortly after you leave.
Tachi
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Feb 2 2010, 03:09 AM) *
...You refer to your Blackberry/iPhone/PalmPilot as your pocket secretary.
...Whenever knockout drugs are mentioned you think of Narcojet.
...You go to Starbucks and order soykaf.
...Every time you watch TV one of two thoughts enter your head, "that'd make a great run" or "that'd make a great character." Sometimes both.
...You check DS more often than your email.
...Every time you stupidly screw up you start muttering about the rule of one.
...When watching the over the top stunts in an action movie you always wonder how stratospherically high the target number was.
...You know more about your character's finances than your own.
...When you shop for a leather jacket B/I and concealability are on you list of qualifications.
...You think of "Old School" as SR1.
...You use drek as a curse in public.
...You refer to security guards as corpsec.
...You refer to a search engine as an agent. Or frame.
...Every time you read your computers antivirus scan report you sigh with relief that Jormungand isn't listed.
...Your non-gamer friends know more about SR from ignoring you than most SR players.
...You refer to White Hats as Spiders.
...You read this entire post.

I've been guilty of all of these at one time or another.

QUOTE (TheOneRonin @ Feb 2 2010, 10:26 AM) *
...you find yourself checking for security cameras, guard locations, ideal infil and exfil locations, and cover/fire zones every time you enter a corporate building.

Not just corporate buildings, I tend to do it everywhere.

QUOTE (MikeKozar @ Feb 2 2010, 03:50 PM) *
You're saving up to have the local Print-Yer-Own make you a couple of ARES MACROTECHNOLOGY t-shirts... Just to see if anybody gets it. And because Ares rocks.

Does a "Aztechnology: The One Stop Evil Shop" t-shirt count?

QUOTE (Neraph @ Feb 3 2010, 11:20 PM) *
... You read news articles about advances in genetic processes, cybernetics, and AR contacts, and think "It's about freaking time, I was afraid that we were going to be running behind schedule..."

Guilty.

QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Feb 6 2010, 10:12 AM) *
You look at guns you own and translate them into SR terms
You look at folk lore/faerie tales and relate to the creatures in SR terms.
Every time some new high tech toy comeso ut you get nervous that we're creeping closer to SR tech levels.

Guilty.

QUOTE (ker'ion @ Feb 7 2010, 03:07 PM) *

At least 3-4 times a week.

QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Feb 10 2010, 10:15 PM) *
....you wish that you could wear your armored long-coat to work on Casual Fridays.

I just do it all the time. Nobody notices.

QUOTE (Adarael @ Feb 11 2010, 12:20 PM) *

Everywhere I go, not just where I work.

QUOTE (toturi @ Feb 11 2010, 10:26 PM) *
... you tell yourself to Observe in Detail while not doing anything that requires your full concentration

Guilty.

QUOTE (Neraph @ Feb 12 2010, 12:28 PM) *
I do these, for two reasons:
1) I am a security guard, and as such I pay a lot closer attention to the building I work in.
2) I am also borderline paranoid, and as such I pay a lot closer attention to any building I walk into.

Ditto, I used to be a security guard, and yeah, I'm also paranoid.

I find myself guilty of so many of these that I might need to seek help. Err... maybe not, it just seems natural at this point, my friends don't even look at me funny when I do these thing anymore.
ker'ion
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Feb 2 2010 @ 03:09 AM)
...You check DS more often than your email.
That reminds me...
/off to check the e-mail.

...you wonder when they're going to put things together and make a commlink.
It's not like we don't already USE the tech we'd need to do this.
Daylen
isnt that an iphone or blackberry?
crash2029
Screw commlinks, I wanna p-sec!
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Feb 13 2010, 10:42 PM) *
similarly you set up deadman switches at work so that if you're boss fires you, drek will hit the fan shortly after you leave.

Found out this week the company's owner is getting rid of individually managed accounts and just doing corp accounts so I'll be out of a job by May. I have my licences and will, hopefully, take the clients elsewhere but now I have to decide if I'm disarming the deadman switches before I go...ok and the answer is hell no! I like the idea of the fit hitting the sham after my capriscious boss screws everyone over because he doesn't like the extra ppwrk from the SEC.

D2F
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Feb 2 2010, 10:09 AM) *
...The section on lifestyles in Runners Companion keeps confusing you by abbrieviating soy-proccessing units as SPU's.

THAT made me laugh! rotfl.gif
Snow_Fox
You watch the Olympic games and think of the different players as differnet metatypes-geez look at the Giant Norway put on ski's for biathalon. That Ork can really haul hoop on bob sled...
Delarn
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Feb 21 2010, 02:26 PM) *
You watch the Olympic games and think of the different players as differnet metatypes-geez look at the Giant Norway put on ski's for biathalon. That Ork can really haul hoop on bob sled...

That troll in skeleton !
Lok1 :)
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Feb 21 2010, 07:26 PM) *

My mother is convinced the one Russian speed skater is an elf...
Daddy's Little Ninja
You're boss asks you to do some 'legwork' to find some missing paperwork on a client's account, and you at once visualize yourself in a back alley meeting.
Draco18s
...your dad asks you to help pack up his office because they're going to be painting and laying down new carpet, so you go into the building on a Sunday and start looting other people's boxes and your only thought is "this feels like..."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012