Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghoul eating Ghoul?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
The Jopp
It's not exactly spelled out but Ghouls are described as "post-metahuman" but the actual rules say they are metahuman.

This poses a new question then - Can they eat each other?

I was thinking of creating a Ghoul who was a Ghoul hunter and used that role to have a source of food.

Would Ghouls look down even further on this "cannibal"?

I cannot find anything that say that they cannot eat other Ghouls as they only need metahuman flesh with traces of a metahuman aura in it.
Ancient History
Vampires can drain each other's Essence, so I don't see why not.
Machiavelli
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Mar 1 2010, 06:06 PM) *
Vampires can drain each other's Essence, so I don't see why not.
This could explain that the infection isn´t spreading like the RAW would imply. It would also make ghouls even more frightening creatures.
Karoline
Yeah, ghouls can eat other ghouls for sustenance. I think there is some various fluff about it in RC.
KCKitsune
OK that's a little creepy wacko.gif

Also what would a ghoul hunter who is a ghoul have for friends? Talk about burning all your bridges!
Neraph
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Mar 1 2010, 01:28 PM) *

Also what would a ghoul hunter who is a ghoul have for friends? Talk about burning all your bridges!

Drones are programmed to love you.
Karoline
QUOTE (Neraph @ Mar 1 2010, 03:02 PM) *

Fry "I found out what I really need in life, and it isn't friends, it's things"
Bender "But I'm a thing *sniff*"
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Neraph @ Mar 1 2010, 03:02 PM) *

Yeah, but for 2500 nuyen.gif I can hire a hacker to reprogram them to kill you. Gotta hate when Good Robot go bad... cyber.gif
HappyDaze
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Mar 1 2010, 04:13 PM) *
Yeah, but for 2500 nuyen.gif I can hire a hacker to reprogram them to kill you. Gotta hate when Good Robot go bad... cyber.gif

And for 100 nuyen.gif you could hire a chiphead to give it a go at killing them - for 2500 nuyen.gif you get a small gang.
Neraph
And for free you can turn off their wireless... Hard to hack it then.
underaneonhalo
It's a ghoul eat ghoul world. grinbig.gif
The Jopp
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Mar 1 2010, 08:28 PM) *

"I'm having a friend over for dinner..."
Squinky
OMFG!
Method
Combine this with the Ghoul Stripper idea from that other thread and "Ghoul eating Ghoul" takes on a whole new meaning (and not a pleasant one)... devil.gif
kjones
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 1 2010, 05:00 PM) *
Combine this with the Ghoul Stripper idea from that other thread and "Ghoul eating Ghoul" takes on a whole new meaning (and not a pleasant one)... devil.gif

CANNOT BE UNSEEN
Delarn
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Mar 1 2010, 02:28 PM) *

A gnawers ! that eat the bones of his meals ...
Squinky
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 1 2010, 06:00 PM) *

Pictures or it didn't happen.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Mar 1 2010, 10:37 AM) *
This could explain that the infection isn´t spreading like the RAW would imply. It would also make ghouls even more frightening creatures.

It'd also help explain the feral ghouls a bit more.

"Oh no! I just ate my best friend Kenny! We've been ghouls together since kindergarten! Grrraaaarrghhh!"
pbangarth
New recipe: ghoulash.
Khyron
Ghouls. Red wine or White?
The Jopp
QUOTE (Khyron @ Mar 2 2010, 09:15 AM) *

It's meat so i'd go with red.
toturi
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 2 2010, 06:00 AM) *

Eat me, baby! Oh, yes! embarrassed.gif blush.gif
The Jopp
Meet the preacher.

The preacher was once a fiery baptist preacher who lashed out against those who were different (elves, mutants, ghouls, politicians, dragons etc). After a two week business trip he went home to discover that his wife and three children had had a visitor.

His wife had been nailed to the kitchen table and flayed alive. His children had become feral ghouls and had feasted on their mother, and then they turned on him.

He had to slay his own three children and became infected. For ten years he has hunted the one responsible and in turn has become one despised and fearsome bounty hunter who exclusively hunts down any kind of paranormal threat.

The transformation into a ghoul was anything but easy as he became a changeling at the same time. The experience gave him some rather unusual abilities that he simply call a gift from god in his battle against evil.

Outward appearance is that of a ragged cowboy in a duster and scruffy hat.

Last known location was in Reno where he was forced to kill a twelve year old nosferatu – who’s father falsified reports and threatened witnesses to convince the police to retract his bounty hunter license. Not that he cared – he saved the poor childs soul after it had killed it’s own mother…

Now he is forced to work alongside the malcontents he has resented for most of his life and realized that monsters come in many guises – and that he is one of them.

He supplements his dietary requirements by hunting feral ghouls.

He has heavily modified weapons, most noticeable is his sawn off tri-barreled elephant rifle and a heavy revolver sporting a single shot shotgun underbarrel weapon.

Qualities
Adrenaline Surge
Changeling III
Bad Rep [Child Killer]
Religious [Church on Sunday]
Enemy [Blood Mage Ghoul]
Spirit Bane [Blood Spirits]

Bioware and Cyberware [All Alpha] [Essence Cost: 3]
Cybereyes Smartlink & Lowlight & Flarecomp
Muscle Augmentation II
Muscle Toner II
Wired Reflexes II
Clean metabolism
Hair Growth

Changeling Abilities
Nasty Vibe
Arcane Arrester
Astral Hazing
Critter Spook

Main Weapons
Elephant Rifle [7590Y]
The rifle is short, ugly and a brutal affair. Custom built by himself and carries a plethora of ammunition from Ebenholtz wood slugs against Nosferatu and capsule round with Pepper punch & DMSO to disable targets. Silver bullets and other gear is within his possession.

[1] Semi Automatic Modification
[1] Increased Ammo [Three Barreled Rifle]
[1] Barrel Reduction
[1] Removed Stock [Barrel Reduction] [Double Recoil]
[1] Melee Hardening
[1] Skin Link
Top-Mounted Smartlink

Ruger Super Warhawk [3120Y]
A modern version of an old cavalry revolver with an underbarrel single shot 12 gauge shotgun shell.
[1] Increased Cylinder
[3] Underbarrel Weapon [Enshiro Hatamoto II –Barrel Reduction / Smartlink-]
[1] Skinlink
Top-Mounted Smartlink
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Khyron @ Mar 2 2010, 09:15 AM) *

moonshine...
pbangarth
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Mar 2 2010, 08:25 AM) *
Meet the preacher.
This is the kind of character that keeps me wanting to play this game. Thanks, TJ, for making my morning.
The Jopp
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 2 2010, 05:12 PM) *
This is the kind of character that keeps me wanting to play this game. Thanks, TJ, for making my morning.

Glad to help.

The heavy pistol was inspired by the Lematt revolver that would have 9 shot cylinder and a single shotgun underbarrel round.
hobgoblin
i didnt know pistols could take underbarrel mods...
The Jopp
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 2 2010, 06:25 PM) *
i didnt know pistols could take underbarrel mods...

You can, the underbarrel weapon may not be larger than the main gun and ammo is halved (rounded up).

Oh, an example of a 3 Barreled Shotgun - apprently you can find 4 barreled as well.
Delarn
What a character ! That would be the kind of character I like to make !

Having a Gnawer accolyte maybe ?
Machiavelli
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Mar 2 2010, 04:25 PM) *
Meet the preacher.

The preacher was once a fiery baptist preacher who lashed out against those who were different (elves, mutants, ghouls, politicians, dragons etc). After a two week business trip he went home to discover that his wife and three children had had a visitor.

His wife had been nailed to the kitchen table and flayed alive. His children had become feral ghouls and had feasted on their mother, and then they turned on him.

He had to slay his own three children and became infected. For ten years he has hunted the one responsible and in turn has become one despised and fearsome bounty hunter who exclusively hunts down any kind of paranormal threat.

The transformation into a ghoul was anything but easy as he became a changeling at the same time. The experience gave him some rather unusual abilities that he simply call a gift from god in his battle against evil.

Outward appearance is that of a ragged cowboy in a duster and scruffy hat.

Last known location was in Reno where he was forced to kill a twelve year old nosferatu – who’s father falsified reports and threatened witnesses to convince the police to retract his bounty hunter license. Not that he cared – he saved the poor childs soul after it had killed it’s own mother…

Now he is forced to work alongside the malcontents he has resented for most of his life and realized that monsters come in many guises – and that he is one of them.

He supplements his dietary requirements by hunting feral ghouls.

He has heavily modified weapons, most noticeable is his sawn off tri-barreled elephant rifle and a heavy revolver sporting a single shot shotgun underbarrel weapon.

Qualities
Adrenaline Surge
Changeling III
Bad Rep [Child Killer]
Religious [Church on Sunday]
Enemy [Blood Mage Ghoul]
Spirit Bane [Blood Spirits]

Bioware and Cyberware [All Alpha] [Essence Cost: 3]
Cybereyes Smartlink & Lowlight & Flarecomp
Muscle Augmentation II
Muscle Toner II
Wired Reflexes II
Clean metabolism
Hair Growth

Changeling Abilities
Nasty Vibe
Arcane Arrester
Astral Hazing
Critter Spook

Main Weapons
Elephant Rifle [7590Y]
The rifle is short, ugly and a brutal affair. Custom built by himself and carries a plethora of ammunition from Ebenholtz wood slugs against Nosferatu and capsule round with Pepper punch & DMSO to disable targets. Silver bullets and other gear is within his possession.

[1] Increased Ammo [Three Barreled Rifle]
[1] Barrel Reduction
[1] Removed Stock [Barrel Reduction] [Double Recoil]
[1] Melee Hardening
[1] Skin Link
Top-Mounted Smartlink

Ruger Super Warhawk [3120Y]
A modern version of an old cavalry revolver with an underbarrel single shot 12 gauge shotgun shell.
[1] Increased Cylinder
[3] Underbarrel Weapon [Enshiro Hatamoto II –Barrel Reduction / Smartlink-]
[1] Skinlink
Top-Mounted Smartlink

Could you please add attributes and skills? I think i will create a char. based on this.^^
The Jopp
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Mar 2 2010, 07:02 PM) *
Could you please add attributes and skills? I think i will create a char. based on this.^^

No time today, can try tomorrow.

Skills are at a medium level.

Pistols (Revolver) 2(4)
Longarm (Sports Rifle) 2(4)
Melee Group 4

Melee group 4 might be a bit excessive since he was a rather peaceful preacher before.

He also has a Cougar fineblade knife with a silver lining (add cost for silver bullets) against werewolves/shifters etc.

Perhaps a rating of Blades (Knives) 2(4) would be better and a rating 3 Unarmed skill

Add a smatter of stealth/atheltics group 1 and suchlike.

Im thinking of Leadership (Rabblerouser) or something as an etiquette skill - who knows, he might be able to incite riots...
Delarn
TJ are you interested into a accolyte character I could make one !
The Jopp
QUOTE (Delarn @ Mar 2 2010, 08:04 PM) *
TJ are you interested into a accolyte character I could make one !

Accolyte?

No, the preacher does not need a sidekick - he is not Adam West's Batman, he is PREACHER...
Delarn
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Mar 2 2010, 02:48 PM) *
Accolyte?

Gnawer that follow the character to eat the bones he leave behind.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Delarn @ Mar 2 2010, 08:55 PM) *
Gnawer that follow the character to eat the bones he leave behind.

No, wouldn't work. He'd kill the poor bastard and save a small piece of meat for his own food supply.

He would save that poor wretch soul as only he should suffer, no point in having other do the same.

Not to mention that team mates might be abit annoyed about the "thing" following him.

Besides, an "Igor" is so cliche ^_^
Delarn
Hehe. I have instored that in my games, when ever you see a gnawer it means there are ghouls near. They live together like an happy family.
wind_in_the_stones
QUOTE (underaneonhalo @ Mar 1 2010, 05:10 PM) *
It's a ghoul eat ghoul world. grinbig.gif

... and I'm wearing, uh... flesh.
The Jopp
On another note – what CAN Ghouls eat?

The way I read the Ghoul rules in RC is that if they eat meat they can only eat it raw without getting sick.

I assume that they can eat vedgetables and suchlike in any combination they want but only get sick if they don’t eat their meat raw.

So it is fully possible to be a vegetarian and eat soymeat and soysteak since they are not meat.

All they need are their dietary requirement of metahuman meat once or twice a week.
Karoline
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Mar 5 2010, 06:39 AM) *

The way I read the Ghoul rules in RC is that if they eat meat they can only eat it raw without getting sick.

I assume that they can eat vedgetables and suchlike in any combination they want but only get sick if they don’t eat their meat raw.

So it is fully possible to be a vegetarian and eat soymeat and soysteak since they are not meat.

All they need are their dietary requirement of metahuman meat once or twice a week.

If you really think you can eat 5% of your body weight in one sitting... That's 5-10 pounds of meat. I'd suspect the average ghoul eats about a pound of meat a day, little more little less depending on their own weight, and if they had to miss a day or not.

I'm reasonably sure they can't eat vegetables or soymeat without getting sick.
The Jopp
Hmm, I didn't realize that they actually had to ingest it as actual meals and more as a complementary dish.

Would this be alleviated by using Digestive Expansion and/or Ogre Stomach? At least the ability to eat other foods at social occasions?
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Mar 2 2010, 02:48 PM) *
Accolyte?

No, the preacher does not need a sidekick - he is not Adam West's Batman, he is PREACHER...

I don't know, I think he could use a televangelist harvester as a side kick.....

TESTIFY!!
Dahrken
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Mar 5 2010, 12:39 PM) *

Read better. Runner's Companion p. 62 : "Ghouls are exclusively carnivorous." So it's meat only - no soy - eaten raw, 2.5 to 5 kg each week (100 to 200 gr thrice a day) of which must be metahuman.

Digestive Expansion (deltaware for vampire, and probably also for ghouls because it needs to be attuned to a pretty particular metabolism and implanted in a walking biohazard) would alow a ghoul to have a more varied diet, but won't allevaite his dietary requirement of metahuma flesh.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Dahrken @ Mar 5 2010, 07:08 PM) *
Digestive Expansion (deltaware for vampire, and probably also for ghouls because it needs to be attuned to a pretty particular metabolism and implanted in a walking biohazard) would alow a ghoul to have a more varied diet, but won't allevaite his dietary requirement of metahuma flesh.

Nope, it's basic ware, ghouls do not require higher rating - vampires have regeneration power and needs higher grade.

Besides, with one 5 point quality (a bonus one at that) you are no longer infectous as a ghoul.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Dahrken @ Mar 5 2010, 07:08 PM) *
Read better. Runner's Companion p. 62 : "Ghouls are exclusively carnivorous." So it's meat only - no soy - eaten raw, 2.5 to 5 kg each week (100 to 200 gr thrice a day) of which must be metahuman.

Oh well, as long as i can get the shef to just "singe" the steak so that it at least looks like it have been on a stove so that i dont make others queasy - still, im eating metahuman flesh.

Oooh, time to make a new character.

The Chef

A ghoul who runs a Ghoul restaurant in the orc underground - he's always good at removing witnesses and doing wetworks.

After all - no-one will ever find the body...
Karoline
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Mar 5 2010, 03:15 PM) *
Oh well, as long as i can get the shef to just "singe" the steak so that it at least looks like it have been on a stove so that i dont make others queasy - still, im eating metahuman flesh.

Oooh, time to make a new character.

The Chef

A ghoul who runs a Ghoul restaurant in the orc underground - he's always good at removing witnesses and doing wetworks.

After all - no-one will ever find the body...

I think that would actually make a cool contact.
Method
And what would you call that restaurant?
SpellBinder
Don't have any clues on a name, but this thread's subject does put a new meaning to "finger food".
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 5 2010, 11:04 PM) *
And what would you call that restaurant?

Munchies. Something harmless and unassuming til you read the menu...
ravensoracle
Today's special "Runner's Stew", made from real Runner's. silly.gif
SpellBinder
Don't forget about Soylent Greens to go with that Runner's Stew, and a can of Soylent Cola to wash it down with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012