Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sonar/Radar
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Smokeskin @ May 31 2010, 12:43 PM) *
The issue isn't really whether or not you can interpret the other guy's reflected signals, you just have to be able to pinpoint the emission source.

Sure generic EW rules, like pinpointing a commlink.
Prime Mover
This is alittle off topic but as far as sonar and Ultrasound I've always wondered what runners/security could use as a counter measure. Can stealth coat buildings to defeat radar? How much and what kind of sound noise/static would one need to defeat sonar/ultrasound?
Rotbart van Dainig
White noise for Ultrasound jammers, wifi-inhibiting paint/wallpaper or Faraday cages for UWBR.
Da9iel
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ May 30 2010, 10:24 AM) *
Yeah, I tend to set off the more sensitive Metal Detectors due to the 2 small rods in my back... not all of them mind you , but enough to be a hassle...

Keep the Faith

Really? I've never had trouble at the airport, and the 2 rods in my back are not particularly small.
Catadmin
I've had fingernail clippers set off a metal detector at some places (2010 Olympics) and sail through without so much as a beep in others.

Depends on the sensitivity setting.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Da9iel @ Jun 1 2010, 12:49 AM) *
Really? I've never had trouble at the airport, and the 2 rods in my back are not particularly small.

Yeah, it is not every time, nor always at the same airport, but on occassion, the detectors detect them, and then I am wanded until they beep again for the wand... I am not exactly sure why they pass sometimes, and not others... I have always been a bit confused about that... but I don'y fly much anymore, so it is generally less of a problem now...

Mine are 2" each, L4/5

Keep the Faith
KarmaInferno
Do they give you a medical record that says you have surgical pins?

I was always curious about that.

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jun 1 2010, 08:40 PM) *
Do they give you a medical record that says you have surgical pins?

I was always curious about that.

Not for me anyways... My 2 Rods and 4 Screws are not recorded anywhere but my medical record...

Keep the Faith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012