Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sonar/Radar
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Smokeskin @ May 31 2010, 12:43 PM) *
The issue isn't really whether or not you can interpret the other guy's reflected signals, you just have to be able to pinpoint the emission source.

Sure – generic EW rules, like pinpointing a commlink.
Prime Mover
This is alittle off topic but as far as sonar and Ultrasound I've always wondered what runners/security could use as a counter measure. Can stealth coat buildings to defeat radar? How much and what kind of sound noise/static would one need to defeat sonar/ultrasound?
Rotbart van Dainig
White noise for Ultrasound – jammers, wifi-inhibiting paint/wallpaper or Faraday cages for UWBR.
Da9iel
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ May 30 2010, 10:24 AM) *
Yeah, I tend to set off the more sensitive Metal Detectors due to the 2 small rods in my back... not all of them mind you , but enough to be a hassle...

Keep the Faith

Really? I've never had trouble at the airport, and the 2 rods in my back are not particularly small.
Catadmin
I've had fingernail clippers set off a metal detector at some places (2010 Olympics) and sail through without so much as a beep in others.

Depends on the sensitivity setting.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Da9iel @ Jun 1 2010, 12:49 AM) *
Really? I've never had trouble at the airport, and the 2 rods in my back are not particularly small.

Yeah, it is not every time, nor always at the same airport, but on occassion, the detectors detect them, and then I am wanded until they beep again for the wand... I am not exactly sure why they pass sometimes, and not others... I have always been a bit confused about that... but I don'y fly much anymore, so it is generally less of a problem now...

Mine are 2" each, L4/5

Keep the Faith
KarmaInferno
Do they give you a medical record that says you have surgical pins?

I was always curious about that.

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jun 1 2010, 08:40 PM) *
Do they give you a medical record that says you have surgical pins?

I was always curious about that.

Not for me anyways... My 2 Rods and 4 Screws are not recorded anywhere but my medical record...

Keep the Faith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012