Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PACKS Proofing
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Mesh
Boosted Ganger pg.19

He got ahold of nuyen.gif 45,000 in cyberware but couldn't get better than a nuyen.gif 20 knife and nuyen.gif 30 slingshot? Not to say that some gangers aren't that successful, but that's a lot of 'ware. That's not a problem though by any means. This is a kit for a character. It's just a striking juxtaposition: nuyen.gif 45,000 in cyberware next to nuyen.gif 50 in weapons.

Mesh
Ancient History
He spent all of his money on gold chain. wink.gif

Seriously, imagine how much money your average drug addict spends on drugs in a year - now imagine if they spent that on 'ware and only 'ware instead.
crizh
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 9 2010, 03:23 AM) *
He spent all of his money on gold chain. wink.gif

[searches for cloth to wipe down screen with ]
PaulK
You know, AH, if you're not careful somebody's ... gonna git you sucka... biggrin.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (PaulK @ Jun 9 2010, 01:09 PM) *
You know, AH, if you're not careful somebody's ... gonna git you sucka... biggrin.gif

How very, Very Bad that was... *Face palm*

Keep the Faith
Ancient History
I feel sorta bad all of y'all even know what I'm talking about. nyahnyah.gif
Nomad
I think we need some theme music.
PaulK
Uh... <looking sheepish> I own a copy of it on DVD...

smile.gif
Trevalier
QUOTE (Mesh @ Jun 8 2010, 08:23 PM) *
Boosted Ganger pg.19

He got ahold of nuyen.gif 45,000 in cyberware but couldn't get better than a nuyen.gif 20 knife and nuyen.gif 30 slingshot? Not to say that some gangers aren't that successful, but that's a lot of 'ware. That's not a problem though by any means. This is a kit for a character. It's just a striking juxtaposition: nuyen.gif 45,000 in cyberware next to nuyen.gif 50 in weapons.

Mesh

Bling aside, this isn't necessarily a foolish arrangement. Decent 'ware can compensate a lot for crappy weapons, and you can easily dispose of and cheaply replace the weapons after every use, if you like.
Stahlseele
Weapons can be lost or broken.
Ware is internal, it's there to stay.
It simply is the better investment.
Helps with more than the weapon.
Abstruse
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 10 2010, 01:02 PM) *
Weapons can be lost or broken.
Ware is internal, it's there to stay.
It simply is the better investment.
Helps with more than the weapon.

And who says the ganger actually paid for the ware himself?
Ancient History
Okay shadowkids, if we could have the last of the proofing notes in by Sunday, I'd like to hand the corrected edition over to Platinum for layout then. So any more proofs, get 'em in!
Yerameyahu
It's a solid point regardless. Guns and knives are cheap.
Ryu
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 11 2010, 06:05 AM) *
Okay shadowkids, if we could have the last of the proofing notes in by Sunday, I'd like to hand the corrected edition over to Platinum for layout then. So any more proofs, get 'em in!

Define Sunday please. IŽd like to give the PACKS a go, and could do this tonight.
Deadmannumberone
QUOTE (Deadmannumberone @ Jun 7 2010, 07:30 PM) *
The Drone Wisperer profile and the Armorer, Basic Rigger 3, Mechanic, and Occultechnologist kits all need the Workshop quality added to their lifestyle.

Repeated since it looks to have been lost in the midst of the Gunsel Karcist debate.
Ancient History
QUOTE (Ryu @ Jun 11 2010, 08:24 AM) *
Define Sunday please. IŽd like to give the PACKS a go, and could do this tonight.

Sunday the 13th. Preferably before midnight EST.
Platinum
Hey AH, what about additional Kits and packages that come in?

Will there be a Booster PACKS? or an updated version 6 months from now? Would there be a user contributed add on?

Kind of like DLC with no fee!
Ancient History
Heh. I wasn't going to make any new kits or profiles this time around. If anybody wants to make their own though - hey, go right ahead. Start up a new thread. Six months from now if we have a couple dozen, maybe we'll collect them and publish a new netbook.
Stahlseele
Well, seems as if it's really the rebirth of Nerps thanks to you ^^
Banaticus
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 5 2010, 03:54 PM) *
* Remove Ares Heimdall drones - availability too high
* Posthuman Operative - Cyberskull out of Availability, rework w/o

Why not toss in one of those qualities (which can be taken up to three times) that allows the purchase of a high availability object at character creation?
Raven the Trickster
The Walther PB-120 in the exorcist kit is listed as coming from street magic rather than arsenal.

The required Mystic Adept options for the recon shaman and street alchemist are listed at 5BP rather than 10BP

All of your weapon foci are listed at a cost of the focus plus the weapon. While I suppose this makes sense, I can't find anything in the core book to support it (This is really more of a question on my part)

The GMC Bulldog listed in the Combat Rigger profile is listed as having 3 Large Drone racks, but each of those drone racks counts as a reinforced weapons mount and needs 6 body to attach. A Bulldog only has 16 body, not the necessary 18. Similarly the 4 mini drone racks and the 1 large drone rack on the Bulldog for the Drone Whisperer profile also require a vehicle with body 18.

The modifications for the Gunsel Karcist's Savalette Guardians are all listed as coming from augmentation rather than Arsenal

Having the Resonance Warrior's Black Hammer and Blackout complex forms be armor piercing makes no sense because neither cause matrix damage and thus wouldn't be affected by an armor program.

The cybereyes for the Fire Support profile should be 0.5 essence for their rating.

The Skillwire Junkie profile is listed as having BTLs, but doesn't have a sim module or commlink to use them.

The Sneak profile has a Fichetti pain inducer without the skill to use it.

The Thrill Ganger profile has projectile weapons listed as an active skill. This skill doesn't exist.

The Evo Orderly in the Anthrorigger kit is a walking wheelchair, not a humanoid, and absolutely can't have the mimic option. (Arsenal errata correctly removed the humanoid description from the Evo Orderly's description)

The Combat Biker kit lists a manual control override modification for the Thundercloud Contrail. This is unnecessary as all motorcycles have manual controls by default.

As a side note, I really like the idea with the injection bolts for the Nanotechnologist. I'm going to have to try something like that with a character sometime.
Dumori
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Jun 11 2010, 06:57 PM) *
All of your weapon foci are listed at a cost of the focus plus the weapon. While I suppose this makes sense, I can't find anything in the core book to support it (This is really more of a question on my part)

I'm pretty sure thats RAW and RAI. I can't recall a page number of the top of my skull and I'm afb atm.

The GMC Bulldog listed in the Combat Rigger profile is listed as having 3 Large Drone racks, but each of those drone racks counts as a reinforced weapons mount and needs 6 body to attach. A Bulldog only has 16 body, not the necessary 18. Similarly the 4 mini drone racks and the 1 large drone rack on the Bulldog for the Drone Whisperer profile also require a vehicle with body 18.

IIRC it rounds up so thats legal by the skin of its teeth but legal.
The Skillwire Junkie profile is listed as having BTLs, but doesn't have a sim module or commlink to use them.

Thats either falvour as most runners will get a comlink as well or he has a datajack witch alows the sloting of BLTs as they have there own one use simchips built in.
Raven the Trickster
QUOTE (Dumori @ Jun 11 2010, 03:08 PM) *
Thats either falvour as most runners will get a comlink as well or he has a datajack witch alows the sloting of BLTs as they have there own one use simchips built in.

Didn't know that about BTLs and datajacks. I withdraw that one.
Ryu
Up until Magical Character profiles:
Igor step five. List wargames 2 (spec 1) instead of wargames 3

Adept sets looking good.

Astral Martial Artist: Add a 1 to (Attack of Will)

There are several "Minimum attributes (Logic + Intuition) = x" infos missing (Elementalist, Excorcist, Illusionist, Broker...). IŽd suggest to delete the line on all profiles, it doesnŽt achieve much.

The Hidden Technomancer needs Stealth.
Ancient History
Okay, updated the first page. If anybody has any last-minute proofs, now is the time!
Deadmannumberone
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 13 2010, 06:55 PM) *
Okay, updated the first page. If anybody has any last-minute proofs, now is the time!

You included me in the list of proofers, but my corrections aren't in the list.
Ancient History
Oops.
Jaid
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Jun 11 2010, 12:57 PM) *

QUOTE (Dumori @ Jun 11 2010, 02:08 PM) *
I'm pretty sure thats RAW and RAI. I can't recall a page number of the top of my skull and I'm afb atm.

it would have to work that way. otherwise everyone would just buy a thunderstruck with all the mods they can cram into it... and then declare it to be their rating 1 weapon focus (for bludgeoning people to death with), including people who can't use adepts. (heck, for 5,000

and that's how you can tell that weapon focus is a cost to turn a weapon into a focus, and does not overwrite the actual cost (and availability) of the weapon itself.

and i think the concept of an anti-tank weapon that is easy to get and only restricted should be sufficient reason to persuade just about anyone that the rule isn't supposed to work like that...
Raven the Trickster
Makes sense. I'll admit I'm still new to this, I'm just a diligent reader. I'll have to adjust the cost on one or two of my characters that I've been prebuilding to test concepts with, but it's not a major issue since the weapons used for foci are pretty cheap in and of themselves.
Ryu
There are two instances of "Exceptional Skill" on p 2. Should be "Aptitude".
Raven the Trickster
Probably too late but my GM just caught that the Combat Rigger has Heavy Weapons 5 and no Gunnery skill. Dunno if that's deliberate but given the particular drones the profile comes with it seems backwards.
tagz
Did the math on adjusting the Skillsoft clusters so you wouldn't have to. Making this one appealing again... I'm leaving that one to you.

DocWagon Paramedic: 44,800 nuyen.gif
Knight Errant Self-Defence: 48,000 nuyen.gif
Manadyne Archmage: 33,600 nuyen.gif
Mitsuhama Home Mechanic: 44,800 nuyen.gif
Whiskey Noir: 46, 400 nuyen.gif
Ancient History
I ended up deciding not to re-calculate the skillsoft clusters.
IKerensky
Did I miss something or doesnt the Basic Hacker/Matrix character lack someway to enter RV in some of the combination ?

Shouldn't the Trodes/Datajack be part of the Basic Hacker to be sure ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012