Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is relevant to your interests
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Laodicea
Here

SkepticInc
Wow. American McGee's Alice meets Shadowrun. Wants.
CanRay
Very interesting!

Oh, and the movie "Inception"...

Yeah, it's a bunch of Mages doing a "Datasteal", from a person's BRAIN!
Summerstorm
Hm hm... looks like three woman murder their way through time/their own imagination? I am not familiar with the source material, so i am a bit confused by those images.
Laodicea
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Jul 27 2010, 11:19 AM) *
Hm hm... looks like three woman murder their way through time/their own imagination? I am not familiar with the source material, so i am a bit confused by those images.

I hope you're being sarcastic.
It's a trailer that has Dragons. Robots. Samurai. Swords. Guns. Airplanes. Helicopters. Soldiers. Women.

The scene with the gigantic robot-samurai with the minigun nearly made my head explode.
Neraph
I have no idea what the plot is, but I do know this: I am seeing this movie as soon as possible.
Draco18s
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 27 2010, 12:08 PM) *
Very interesting!

Oh, and the movie "Inception"...

Yeah, it's a bunch of Mages doing a "Datasteal", from a person's BRAIN!

Inception is an incredibly great movie.
Tanegar
Finally someone had the courage to throw all this "reality" bullshit to the wind and just make a movie that runs exclusively on the Rule of Cool.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 27 2010, 12:47 PM) *
Finally someone had the courage to throw all this "reality" bullshit to the wind and just make a movie that runs exclusively on the Rule of Cool.

Hehe. It really did run on Rule of Cool, didn't it?
Tanegar
Is that a question? I'm sorry, did you not notice the giant goddamn samurai with a Vulcan rotary cannon?!
Laodicea
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 27 2010, 11:52 AM) *
Is that a question? I'm sorry, did you not notice the giant goddamn samurai with a Vulcan rotary cannon?!

....And the chick leaping 20ft into the air to attack his face with a katana!?!?!?!?
SkepticInc
That's got to be what a Mitsuhama Tomino Cyborg Walker Combat Drone looks like. Do not frack with the Red Samurai.
Xahn Borealis
"Alice In Wonderland with machine guns." Also, why is Vanessa Hudgens in this?
Tanegar
All it lacks are lightsabers.

Wait.

Why the unholy fuck doesn't it have lightsabers?
Laodicea
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jul 27 2010, 12:51 PM) *
"Alice In Wonderland with machine guns." Also, why is Vanessa Hudgens in this?

Why not? I saw her nekkid and I didn't have a problem with it.
SkepticInc
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 27 2010, 07:05 PM) *

Wait.

It's set in the 1950's. Lightsabers hadn't been invented yet.
AStarshipforAnts
QUOTE (SkepticInc @ Jul 27 2010, 04:19 PM) *

Clearly. wobble.gif
Mr. Mage
QUOTE (SkepticInc @ Jul 27 2010, 03:19 PM) *

How the hell is that the 1950's? If they're gonna have robo samurai walking around with gatling guns then there should be no problem with lightsabers.... Besides, 1950's? They were invented a LONG time ago (in a galaxy far, far away...seriously, not even googlemaps will get you that far...)
SkepticInc
QUOTE (Mr. Mage @ Jul 27 2010, 07:25 PM) *
How the hell is that the 1950's? If they're gonna have robo samurai walking around with gatling guns then there should be no problem with lightsabers.... Besides, 1950's? They were invented a LONG time ago (in a galaxy far, far away...seriously, not even googlemaps will get you that far...)

I don't know, I didn't do it.
BookWyrm
Smokin'. LOVED the rendering on the dragon. Might be worth catching on an Optimum Rewards matinee night.
eidolon
QUOTE (AStarshipforAnts @ Jul 27 2010, 02:24 PM) *
Clearly. wobble.gif

NO NO NO! Don't you guys know that Star Wars was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away?

BRING THE LIGHTSABERS!

biggrin.gif
Mr. Mage
QUOTE (SkepticInc @ Jul 27 2010, 03:45 PM) *

Ah...so it's an alternate reality in her dreams or something. Well I'm definitely going to see this. And probably have my head explode after the credits start rolling...
Voran
If the girls stop to have lesbian sex every 15 minutes, this would be the most awesomest movie evar.
Sixgun_Sage
Awesome
Tanegar
QUOTE (Voran @ Jul 27 2010, 06:11 PM) *
If the girls stop to have lesbian sex every 15 minutes, this would be the most awesomest movie evar.

How small you are, sir. How narrow your vision. If the girls stop to have lesbian sex every five minutes, this would be the most awesome movie ever.

The only reason I go no lower than five is that that is the briefest interval in which one can have a truly awesome fight scene.
Tanegar
Damnit! Double post.
underaneonhalo
Holy fudgin' biscuits! It's like my brain ejaculated all over the face of awesome, and awesome liked it! grinbig.gif
Prime Mover
Wow even if that movie sucked I could watch the trailer again.
Floyd
Warrior Stripper Force is GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! ninja.gif extinguish.gif devil.gif mad.gif
LivingOxymoron
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 27 2010, 12:05 PM) *

Wait.

Because I'm sure someone brought up the point that if the trailer had lightsabers, it would break the Awesome barrier, and they'd lose too many potential viewers account of the fact that brains would be exploding all around the world from too much awesome.
Laodicea
I have to stat up the gigantic samurai with the gigantic mini-gun to use on my players.
Mäx
I new this was a "must see" when i saw the posters, the trailer just turnad that into "must see at opening night, preferaply before".
Critias
Eye candy + fight scenes + special effects = plot optional.

Let's try not to be making Inception comparisons, please. Two movies can be good without having much of anything at all in common.
Blade
Am I the only one to think that movie girls need bigger tits to correctly use big guns and swords?
Acidsaliva

Awesome. Awesome to the Max.
Demonseed Elite
It's a Zack Snyder film (300, Watchmen). He even wrote it as an original property. I'm not expecting a particularly deep plot, because his earlier movies aren't known for their storytelling, but the man is fantastic at making a visually spectacular movie. And it is dozens of RPG geek tropes all mashed into one movie, which is awesome.

From the sci-fi blog io9:

Our first glimpse of Sucker Punch, from Watchmen director Zack Snyder, was a psychotic visual explosion that seemed to collapse every science fiction, fantasy, and action genre into one. No wonder: It's set in an insane asylum.

Yesterday the trailer for Sucker Punch hit the web, but we saw a lot more of the movie in the sizzle reel that debuted at Comic-Con.

My immediate impression on watching the sizzle footage of Sucker Punch - which included a lot more characters and scenes in the "real world" - was that it was basically a mashup of every single genre I love. Plus, it moved and felt like the world's most visually arresting videogame. It's the story of several women locked in an insane asylum, and their heroic quest to escape. Or are they really escaping? We open with a scene of lead Emily Browning being brought to the asylum in a car, dragged bodily inside by two men. "Open your mind," says a voice. "You'll find your paradise." Suddenly, once she's entered the asylum, the world explodes into color. The same voice says, "You control this world. Relax and let go." She's entered the realm of fantasy.

And what a fantasy it is. Samurais battle dragons, which turn into massive steampunk airships, which morph into rows of glittering burlesque dancers, which whirl apart and reveal another planet where Saturn hovers in the distance and giant mobile armor suits fight each other in the upper atmosphere. And then we see David Carradine, with a samurai sword, saying, "You fight for survival. It will set you free." It just doesn't get any better than that. Dragons, dancing girls, airships, mecha fights, AND David Carradine? Let's just hope that we spend most of Sucker Punch in the fantasy world, instead of the real world of the asylum, which looks like a gray schoolroom where a creepy-looking Don Draper shoots the girls up with drugs and says, "I bring you freedom from pain."

Snyder said the movie would likely be PG-13, because all the death and destruction happens to the monsters rather than the humans. "It's like Lord of the Rings, where they got a PG-13 because they cut the heads off Orcs instead of humans," he quipped. So what's our assessment? If the movie lives up to the footage, it will be mindblowing and fun. But given Snyder's track record with FX-heavy stories that sometimes add up to nothing, we're restraining ourselves from whooping for joy - despite the fact that the dragon war scenes were freakin awesome.

Note: I have read elsewhere that it's not David Carradine in the movie (I mean, David Carradine is dead) and that it's Scott Glen that they are talking about. I've also read another quote from Zack Snyder where he speculates that it won't get a PG-13 rating and will instead get an R rating because of scenes of mowing down hundreds of zombie Nazis.
Sharkman
The link doesn't work can we get a name, title, and maybe a second link?
Laodicea
Original link still works for me.

Try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dzikBZTUy8

SuckerPunch Trailer HD.
Demonseed Elite
It can also be found on Apple's Trailer site here.
Laodicea
Why would anyone want to use anything created by apple?
McCummhail
QUOTE (Laodicea @ Jul 28 2010, 08:49 AM) *
Why would anyone want to use anything created by apple?

Apple sauce is pretty tasty.
CanRay
QUOTE (McCummhail @ Jul 28 2010, 10:43 AM) *
Apple sauce is pretty tasty.

The PC tied to the bed in my last game didn't think so.
Red_Cap
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 28 2010, 11:51 AM) *
The PC tied to the bed in my last game didn't think so.

Yeah, apple sauce is pretty ta-- wait, what?
MJBurrage
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jul 28 2010, 01:07 AM) *
I new this was a "must see" when i saw the posters, the trailer just turned that into "must see at opening night".
Complete agreement with the above.

As WWII era steam-punk, I am surprised no one has brought up Crimson Skies yet.
Red_Cap
Uhhhh. . . . because Crimson Skies doesn't have giant robot samurai with miniguns?
nemafow
This sir, looks epic! I thank you for making me feel giddy inside in anticipation for this one!
Smed
Its not out until next spring so I have time to try to figure out how to talk my wife into going to see this with me...
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 27 2010, 04:05 PM) *

Wait.

Because if it had, the studio and director would be sued faster than you can say: "THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME!"
CypherDragon
Oh. Hell. YES!
Laodicea
Hmmmm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012