Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is relevant to your interests
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Laodicea @ Jul 27 2010, 08:19 PM) *
Why not? I saw her nekkid and I didn't have a problem with it.

True, but isn't she Disney's bitch? What's she doing in a GOOD movie?
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jul 29 2010, 06:59 PM) *
True, but isn't she Disney's bitch? What's she doing in a GOOD movie?

Sounds to me like someone got a good team together and extracted. biggrin.gif
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Jul 29 2010, 03:03 PM) *
Sounds to me like someone got a good team together and extracted. biggrin.gif

Something like that, yeah. She said in an interview that she really wanted to do an action movie and people were saying "wait a few more years". Guess she didn't want to wait that long, uh?
Laodicea
Hopefully she's done apologizing for getting nekkid, and we'll see more nekkid in future.
Martin_DeVries_Institute
I believe I read somewhere that she shows some skin in this movie, and that she specifically is looking for roles that would possibly involve some nudity. (What she actually said was something along the lines of "more mature roles" but we all know what that means.) I think VHudge really chafed under Disney and is ready to show everyone that she is not a goody-two-shoes.

...like nearly every other Disney actress in the history of ever.
Tanegar
Possibly irrelevant, but I find it depressing that the popular conception of "mature" automatically involves nudity. There's quite a lot of territory between Miss Bubblegum and Princess Skank of Hobaggia.
Martin_DeVries_Institute
I do have to agree. Most things tagged as "mature" are decidedly immature--its just a codeword for gratuitous nudity, violence, bloodshed or swearing. And that's across all media, be it video games, comics, or movies.

There's a big difference between the "maturity" we see from a growing actress like Dakota Fanning and the "maturity" we can probably expect from Hudgens or Miley Cyrus. I much prefer the former style to the latter.

EDIT: (Not to say those things don't have their place--as a Zack Snyder film, Sucker Punch is going to be on the gratuitous end of the scale, but so far we have all agreed it's going to be awesome anyway--just that maybe we need a word other than "mature")

[/derail rant]
Voran
QUOTE (Blade @ Jul 28 2010, 04:09 AM) *
Am I the only one to think that movie girls need bigger tits to correctly use big guns and swords?

Indeed, I believe its a truism, size of breasts equals power of girl character. Inverted somewhat with the flat option, which seems to augment physical strength, at very least.
Laodicea
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 29 2010, 03:49 PM) *
Princess Skank of Hobaggia.

I read this as if it were a line in a glorious song by a religious choir.
Tanegar
QUOTE (Voran @ Jul 29 2010, 04:20 PM) *
Indeed, I believe its a truism, size of breasts equals power of girl character. Inverted somewhat with the flat option, which seems to augment physical strength, at very least.

As always, see the relevant tropes.

Warning: TVTropes will ruin your life. Hey, at least they're honest about it.
Laodicea
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 29 2010, 05:07 PM) *

I think that i'm going to integrate this hard and fast rule into my games. Thank you.
Voran
Hehe, I was trying to be nice and not directly link to tropes, as not all of us have 3 hours to spend caught in its web.
Tanegar
Yeah, but I'm evil like that. grinbig.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 30 2010, 12:07 AM) *

Damm you, now i dont get any work done today. wink.gif
Demonseed Elite
New trailer up at Apple's site. I can't help but think of this movie as a good example of a Shadowrun Astral Quest.
Tanegar
Unable to load either trailer at Apple's site. It's stuck on "Waiting for video." Anyone else experience this?
Demonseed Elite
Here you go, Youtube link.
Demonseed Elite
EDIT: and a double post.
Neurosis
omfg

give

now
Laodicea
holyshit that movie looks so good!
Summerstorm
Wait... HOLY shit... Led Zeppelin... in a TRAILER? But no one ever gets the rights to their music... this has to be something special.
The Crimsondude
That's a nice start.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Nov 5 2010, 12:20 AM) *
New trailer up at Apple's site. I can't help but think of this movie as a good example of a Shadowrun Astral Quest.

my thinking exactly. Also notice that while the real world bits are perhaps set to 1950, the astral/mental/dream bits are all over the map (including high chrome anthroforms, hinting at futuristic).

Only thing missing really is cyberware imo, but then that would perhaps never fly in hollywood (only evil people use performance enhancements, m'kay). So instead we end up with a bunch of physical adept girls (not that i have a issue with that!).

And on the topic of "mature", i end up going back to this:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarkerAndEdgier
Neraph
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Nov 4 2010, 05:20 PM) *

See, I thought I needed to see this when I saw the first trailer. Now I know it is imperative for me to see it. My wife agrees. I know what I'm doing after work on the 25th of March at least. Maybe the Midnight showing the day before.
ravensmuse
Now see, I saw this more as what a 'Trix run looks like. Especially if you take the girls as Emerging technomancers...

But then, I think the same thing with Digimon, so.
Shrike30
Sucker Punch: I'm all for it. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012