Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Reclaiming the Void
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
BishopMcQ
D'Zan

Inside the box, you find a gilded hand mirror and three vials with strange smoky substances moving within them. One as you hold it near you sounds like an infant crying. You have seen vendors sell vials like this here at the market, generally for extremely complex workings. As a best guess, you would believe them to be distilled breath, beyond that you cannot tell.

The mirror glass ripples as you look into it, first reflecting your own visage, then changing to show a well appointed study with huge tomes lining the walls. A man sits at a desk, a heavy leather coat hung upon the chair behind him. As the mirror transitions to show him, he looks up, staring back at you. His skin is a mottled gray with shadows crawling under the flesh.

"Hound, hunter of the lost, prepare yourself." You feel his words, the names that he calls you, bind into your flesh like steel chains. To disobey your liege would be to end yourself. With mention of the lost, you can feel a pulling deep within your soul, back to the lands of mortal ken.

Taste of blood and stone, the beating heart.
Sound of wings and wind, the stolen feather.
Smell of parchment and ink, the word which cannot be unwritten.

The figure waves his hand toward the mirror dismissing the image and severing the connection. The hand mirror again shows your reflection and the market behind you.
Redjack
As Quetz settles back to rest and D'zan busies himself with the box and whatever, Papa looks to Argent, "I don't much need my first laugh anymore, though I'll keep the memories of my mother." Looking out at burgeoning market, he smiles and whispers, "Let's find out how deep the rabbit hole goes."
Buddha72
A look of fierce and blood thirsty glee washes over D'zan's face as the chains bite deep - his face promising service until the chance comes to usurp the his master and take what power he can. He commits himself to the role knowing this is his place......for now.

"OK gather round. I think these vials are rare regents for the working of enchantment or Shaping or whatever you all want to call it. Though I don't know if they are payment or things we'll need to finish the job. I do know what we seek is back in the Mundane world and I have a pretty good feeling that I'll be able to lead us to "it" - whatever or whoever "it" is. I'd like to find out more about that particular point. To that end I would like to visit a person I know here by the name of Dishwater Sal. She should be able to tell us more about the vials. I also need to pick up some gear while we're here."

Leo hovers near the group is body alert but his voice is relaxed as speaks.

"We should ask around for a diviner or seer as well. If we could find out what we're suppose to be doing I would feel a lot better about our chances. I also think after everyone has gotten the rest they need that we should travel together. No offense to you all but it's your first time in the Market and it can be dangerous for a seasoned buyer."
Redjack
Pausing in his conversation with Argent, Papa listens to the pixies. "To each their expertise. Mine seems to be sadly of little benefit here." Looking to the box and the contents within, he asks with the utmost sincerity, "Anything in there give me the sight? Or the ability to sling lightning bolts and the like?"
BishopMcQ
The Market

One of the nearby vendors, a creature whose lower half is a cohesive roiling mass of liquid, the torso of a man, and a head with a band of eyes facing in all directions, rolls closer to your group. Its lipless mouth spreads wide to show rows of sharp teeth and a narrow tongue whipping between the gaps to form a sibilant hiss.

"Yessss, we hazzz giftsss to create the SSSsight. Many giftssss, come....ssssee for yourself."

The vendor's leathery tentacles instead of arms gesture toward the booth where stones and gems glisten wetly. Next to the collection of stones, lightning crackles alive in a jar and shakes with rolling thunder.
Buddha72
D'zan smiles as the Market once again hears a need and responds.

"You all want to come with me to visit the crone or do some window shopping?"

Leo shoots him a murderous look at suggesting they wander the Market.
JxJxA
Uetz shakes his head with a smile. "I believe will be all right here for the moment."
Redjack
Flash, enticed by Bubbles, the all-seeing eyes. Looks towards the displays. Quickly realizing who is more likely to help, "How about something here D'zan. I think me having the sight would come in real handy.. What with us dimension hopping through magic lands and all..."
Fenris
The shifter looks excited and eager at Smurf's questions, along with D'zan's suggestions about wandering the market. He ponders for a moment, and then looks at the pair of pixies.

"Well, since you guys both know the Market, maybe D'zan can go find what he needs while we look around a little with Leo? I think he can keep us out of trouble for a little while?"
JxJxA
Uetz snaps his fingers as he gets an idea. Without a comlink he would not be able to stay in touch with the group. However, a huitzilcoatl could serve the same purpose as a comlink. He calls forth a tiny watcher and shrugs off the summoning toll.

"Brother Watcher, please follow these companions help me stay in touch with them." Uetz indicates the group following Leo. The huitzilcoatl nods and flutters over to them, hovering at eye level with the group.
Buddha72
"Sounds like a plan to me!"

With a wave D'zan weaves his way around the parade of ideas clothed in flesh that moves amongst the Market heading directly to Dishwater Sal's spot. As he approaches he calls out singing as he speaks.

"Dishwater Sal! Who's your pal?"
Fenris
He shrugs as D'zan turns, the customary grin already spreading on his muzzle, making him look more fox-like then perhaps intended.

"Alright, so, what do we not touch first?"
BishopMcQ
D'zan
Dishwater Sal is perched on her stool behind a broad collection of stones, carved with strange sigils and glyphs. Around her, a variety of creatures and parts of creatures float suspended in viscous fluids. Her eyes are unfocused as you float up before her. Your nose begins to burn as you approach and your sense of smell is gone.

The course goblin tongue she begins speaking in translates within your mind. "I've done nothing to call the wrath of the hu--" She breaks off as her eyes actually focus on your form.

"D'zan, what madness have you done?"

Argent, Papa, and Leo
The merchant beckons you closer to its table. Laid out before you are crystals and precious stones, which glisten with a strange fluid which smells of ocean breezes and high mountains. The jars of lightning and thunder are labeled with glyphs you have never seen before. As you look at them, your mind begins to be drawn into the letters. It takes an act of will to pull your sight off the maddening script.

"Ssshhhardssss, ssspirit memoriesss, living lightning drawn fressshhh from the Eternal Ssstorm. Come, whisssper to me what you ssseek and I can find the pricessss."
Buddha72
D'zan actually looks embarrassed as the old woman calls out his foolishness - the warmth spreads across his face like a flower opening to the new sun.

"What I had to or so I thought but we both know I was bound to end up like this somehow or maybe even worse but I'm not here to discuss my lack of judgement - I don't have any and you know it. I need to get my hands on a bow - something my size and steeped in mana and woven with spells. I am no longer going around with out some sort of weapon and I will not be grabbing guns like Mundane street trash. Can you help me?"

He looks everywhere but at her eyes - not trusting himself to her knowing gaze.

"Oh and I need to find some truth in rumors about my new employer - he has me hunting something but I was curious if you knew any seers or prophets we could see in the Market?"
Redjack
Papa stands stunned for a split second before a smile fills his face. He makes leaps of logic not quite supported by his original question. He looks over to Argent, "Wow. To be able to sling spells. Wouldn't that do wonders for our subscriptions?" Visions of lightning bolts and fireballs filled his mind.

He looks to the merchant. "I want to sling spells and have mage sight."
BishopMcQ
D'Zan

"Weapons of the Hunt, I cannot make. Mortal-borne cannot carry them, there is no good sale. Choose of these," her hand sweeps over one row of stones, "and I can sell you any."

As you look at the stones she gestured to, the runes shimmer in your mind. Each has purpose and intent woven into their very fabric. Pain. Joy. Malice. Love. Death. Rebirth. Betrayal. Kinship. Though you know that none of the runes mean that concept literally, each has the core conceit embedded in every aspect of the object.

"For knowledge, their are many seers and prophets in the Market. Only the Those-Who-Walk-In-Darkness is qualified to truly answer questions of your new liege."

Papa

The merchant nods and holds up a pulsating crystal. "Thisss...thisss can do what you ssseek. Itsss pricesss iszzz your twilight."
Redjack
Papa looks puzzled, obviously not properly understanding. "Sorry man. I don't have any drugs."
JxJxA
When the Huitzilcoatl transmits to Uetz the merchant's offer, he sends the Huitzilcoatl a message to tell Papa Smurf.

"Um...I think he is asking for the twilight aspect of your life," says the Huitzilcoatl to Papa Smurf, mimicking Uetz's voice.
Buddha72
D'zan looks over the runes and lets their meaning move through his mind - he feels the pangs of guilt over his choice. Not for the power but more the discomfort and pain it will cause Leo. He makes up his mind and points to the one bearing the essence of love.

Maybe this will tip things back the other way.....
BishopMcQ
Papa and Crew

The creature starts to shake its massive head at Papa's words and then nods at the spirit. Overall the gesture ends up being something offputting and alien.

"Not druggzzss, Twilight. Yesssss?"

D'zan

The talismonger looks at you from the side of her eyes for a second and lets out a deep sigh.

"It seems not all of your sense has vanished at least." She picks up the stone and begins humming off tune. "Traditional payment or were you going to sing me a song about this nuyen you like so much?"
Fenris
He blinks for a second and then steps back, a look of disgust crossing his features.

"It might bump the subscribers, but that's no good if you're dead. You don't have enough years to be tossing them around like that...who knows when it will come calling?"
Buddha72
"Before I start singing sweetly for thee - I have a few more things to pick up. I am looking for a foci. Something attuned to the senses and knowing the unknowable, at least Force 3 and then I need a formula for a spell to improve my aim to go with said trinket. Then let me know how much in traditional coin?"

He smiles while lazily flying circles around the shopkeep.
JxJxA
Listening to his companions mull over the merchant's offer to Papa, Uetz decides to add another suggestion.

"You could try asking if he is interested in nuyen or something less...morbid?" the Huitzilcoatl repeats to the others.
Buddha72
Leo's face clearly shows his conflict in everyone splitting up in the Market but he follows Papa to the merchant. He watches closely to make sure no deals are made by accident.

"What you're asking for will be expensive and if it isn't then you are being played by the seller. Breathing magic into a someone is something that costs a pretty penny especially if it's permanent. Which I might add no one has said this one is selling - if you insist on buying ask more questions."
BishopMcQ
D'Zan

Dishwater Sal nods offhandedly, "Yes, yes, the focus is quite simple for me to attain. The spell formula, I do not have, though others here will, or the oracle you seek will know of it." Her hands drop beneath the table and she lifts out a sharp looking iron tack. "If your skin can still abide the touch of iron, this will do the trick and be hard for your enemies to remove like the others. Else, I have a small belt with charms and a place for a quiver."

The talismonger slides a quill and pot of green foul-smelling ink out from beneath her table, and opens a ledger book nearly as tall as she is. "Now, to balance your account, would you write me a story. The true tale of the first thing you killed of your own will."
JxJxA
Another thought strikes Uetz as he rests in the marketplace. He picks up one of the vials of blood collected from the hunchback.

"Maybe those of you with more experience in this place would know the answer to this question. Is someone here who could better assense the blood sample we took of the old woman's hunchbacked servant?" the Huitzilcoatl says to the group.
Redjack
Papa gives the offer consideration, but nods to D'zan's advice. "No. That price sounds too steep." Looking over his assortment of goods, he realizes he's packed pretty light for a shopping trip. His nuyen is in certified cred and not finding a PAN for the vendor, he's pretty sure that's not an option. He pulls out a pair of flash-bangs. "How about something more mundane?"
BishopMcQ
Papa and Crew

"Nooo, not good for thissss." The creature shakes his head and puts down the crystal. It sorts through the crystals and jars and picks up a crockery pot. "Thissss, thissss trade for thosezz."

Argent's nose picks up the faint scent of ozone from the jar.

All

Around the marketplace, thousands of merchants continue to hawk their wares and the din of conversation swells. In the distance, a gong begins to resonate. Most of the vendors ignore it, while others set out lamps and lay out lights amongst their stalls. The air grows dark and a damp fog begins to crawl along the ground, ankle height to Argent and Uetz. The air grows chill and your breath leaves brief puffs of fog.
JxJxA
"That cannot be good," quips Quauhtli as she watches the fog seep into the marketplace.

"Does anyone know what this is?" Uetz asks the group through the Huitzilcoatl.
Buddha72
Leo's face looks even more pinched and concerned. He quickly reaches out to D'zan feeling himself slide easily into his thoughts.

What should I tell them about the fog?

He catches impressions of smells and a haggard face - Dishwater Sal and her shop of many odors. He can feel the excitement in his companion - an image of a bow and his feeling towards Leo. Confusion at the association passes over his face as he waits for an answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D'zan pulls himself back to the transaction in the shop while leaving Leo with the impression he'll answer shortly. He flies to hover just by her ear and begins to whisper. His face is shiny and excited, the words sound heavy and wet as he describes the true tale asked. When finished he finds himself shaking from the recollection of it - the joy and sickness of it singing in his bones. The shame rolls over him if Leo knew the tale in its entirety but a resolve replaces it as it always does - he is what he was intended to want other is folly.

"I will take the belt and the quiver. Where do I find the oracle you spoke of?"
BishopMcQ
D'zan

From the corner of your eye you see the words appearing in the book as you speak them. They are all written in the green of the ink pot that Sal laid out, and you have the impression that the tone and mood of your voice is imbued into each letter.

At the end of the telling, there is a popping of pressure behind your ears and a sense of parallelism, as if you can see yourself from the books perspective and your own vision. A shiver runs down your spine and then the parallel sensation fades. Dishwater Sal closes the book and puts it under her table again. As she moves the book, you can almost feel her hands caressing the inside of you.

"Thank you deary, that was very much worth the bow, belt and quiver. The oracle can be found south of here, in the Shadow of the Unnamed One. They stand between the fallen pillars, caught in the web of seven stars."
Buddha72
Slipping the belt on and placing the quiver along his back - taking a care to leave his wings free and unhindered.

"Thanks again for everything and you may want to take a peek outside - I think someone important is coming to the Market or at least is fucking with it."

Flying for the exit he pauses to look at the dusk coming and openly shakes his head in disbelief.

"This place never ceases to amaze me....."

You all should gather up with me and we'll make our way to a seer who might be able to help us. The change is someone or something with serious mojo affecting the place. Make sure they don't get in its way before we can meet back up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leo snaps into action - flying to the stall and trying to herd everyone together and towards Dishwater Sal's storefront.

"Our many thanks but we will need to think a bit before buying - no deals right now but we might be back."
JxJxA
With the hour up and his head back to normal, Uetz stands up and stretches his now-stiff joints and bones. Once he feels the blood running through his legs and posterior again, he gives Tlaloc and grateful bow.

"I thank you once again, Great Spirit, for answering my call. As promised, I release you from your services. Return to Tlalocan and may you always be strong in battle and great in courage."

Tlacelel returns the bow in the astral, and responds before returning to his home plane.

"Stay safe and stay honorable, Nahualli." With that, Tlacelel's form dissolves into the astral.

Giving the fog another wary glance, Uetz picks his way through the crowd of the Troll Market until he rejoins the group. He calls the Huitzilcoatl to his side and lets it know that it no longer needs to speak for him.

"I suspect we should move quickly. I could cast an enemy detection spell if you think it would help us avoid the being responsible for the fog, though."

Redjack
Papa looks at what the vendor holds in his hands, then turns as Leo prods them on. He gives the vendor one last look before following the rest of the team. As fog begins to thicken and the team becomes concerned, so does Papa. "Ideas?"
BishopMcQ
All

Once the group is all back together, D'zan takes the lead and begins weaving through the crowd. The small bow in his hand radiates warmly as Leo joins him at this side. You begin moving down a slight hill, and the market travels with you. Here, many of the merchants have lights and charms placed around their stalls. One large booth, staffed by a tall, muscular green-skinned woman and a troll from fairy tales--fifteen feet tall with skin like an oak tree--is doing a lively business selling charms shaped like the sun. A warm, summer breeze blows from the booth and cuts through the fog.

The fog continues its slow progression.

Ahead of you, ruins loom up from within the Market. At first glance they appear to be Roman or Greek, but as you continue, your eyes wander across runes that twist at the edges of your vision. All of the vendors seem to give the ruins a few hundred feet of space. The merchants closest to the ruins appear to be diviners, soothsayers, and sages. They have signs in dozens of languages which you don't recognize and a few in an arcane and formalized version of Sperethiel and Or'zet.
Buddha72
Leo looks to Uetz keeping his voice low as he speaks to him.

"Your idea was sound but here it's sometimes best to not attract undue attention from the entities that dwell here. This place has no fixed form or existence - it holds this shape because of the Lords and Ladies of this realm wish it so and even they didn't make this place but rather took ownership of it. Magic is something more alive and primal here - the act of casting a spell is both more natural and intimate here. The connections that can be created through magic are more varied and complex here- you could touch something with mana that can touch you back in ways you're not prepared for."

He smiles softly and tries to convey concern in his words.

"Though as a magician you might have the favor of some spirits here - if your magic is strongly influenced by an ideal or concept you may be able to call on that concept here for more direct aid though nothing is certain."

D'zan circles above the heads of the group as he scans signs and scripts while speaking.

"Ok sorry for the manic tour of the Market but I thought it best we all group back up. The fog is the manifestation of something big and powerful moving into the Market or at least influencing it. Looking at well those sun charms were selling I am thinking it's something to do with the Winter Court so mind your manners and be respectful should someone make an appearance. I dragged all of you over here because there is an oracle who can maybe shed some light on our new Johnson. We are looking for the Those-Who-Walk-In-Darkness - I have it on good authority that then can help us out so let's look, shall we? The person I spoke to said that would be found in the Shadow of the Unnamed One - they stand between the fallen pillars caught in a web of seven stars - holler if you see them.

As D'zan begins to look around Leo resumes his conversation with Uetz.

"This oracle might be able to tell you more about the blood."
Fenris
With a shiver, the shifter takes in D'zan's instructions and begins to peer around, beginning to regret the impulsive urge that had brought him to this place. He knew nothing here...his contacts, his PiTO, all his smooth talking was for nothing when he didn't know who to talk to or what to say. Shaking his head, biting back a bitter rush of uselessness welling up inside him, he starts randomly searching through the signs in Or'zet, hoping to spot the one they needed.
BishopMcQ
All

You move through the area, staying on the outskirts of the ruins near the light. Many of the diviners look across your group and make signs to ward off evil. As the signs finish, you can feel a static buildup between the stalls and your group. The charge grows more powerful the closer to the stall you get, until it is painful at about ten feet away.

Several city blocks down the edges of the ruins, you see a massive statue. It portrays a large cloaked figure, with a hood pulled over the head. Atop the statue, a disfigured crown rests. Several large gems gleam in the crown, burning with an internal fire. The figure's left hand is stretched outward missing its pinky and ring finger. His right arm has a full hand, along with an additional appendage jutting out from the elbow.

Along the pedestal, there are inscriptions in dozens of languages—the Sperethiel and Or'zet both read:
To breathe my name is to know true power.”

Below the inscriptions, is a glyph of molten gold. It appears to be some form of triskellion but is difficult to make out without looking directly at it.

Beyond the figure, within the ruins, D'zan sees a pair of broken columns that glows iridescently. Between the columns is a spiders web of light with seven glowing points.
JxJxA
Uetz nods at Leo, deciding to follow his advice.

"That makes sense. As for spirits, we Nahualli draw upon primal elements with the exception of combat. That role belongs to the heroes of our people."

Changing subjects as he sees the castle materialize in the area, he adds, "I am not so good with English idioms, but...would the owner of THAT be considered the big fish of the pond that is also big?"
BishopMcQ
Uetz

At first the glyph teases along the edge of your peripheral vision, but as you turn to look directly at it, you notice that the movement is to camouflage and keep the knowledge secret. You see the shape transform in your mind's eye, the weaving arms of the triskellion taking form.

Hastur

The single word permeates your thoughts as you look at the glyph. As quickly as the word came into focus, it slips away back to the camouflaged form of three spirals joined in the middle. The glyph teases at your peripheral vision again as you stop looking directly at it.
JxJxA
Scrunching his eyes in an effort to better focus on the glyph, Uetz finally gives up and decides to be content with the single word from the glyph.

"Does that glyph mean anything to you?" he quietly asks the others. "Because I think it says 'Hastur'?"
Buddha72
"I think I found the spot we're looking for..."

D'zan points to the pillars and where he saw the web of light. He begins to fly that way but stops dead in his tracks hearing Uetz read the inscription aloud. He turns his face incredulous as he stares at him.

Leo quickly moves beside Uetz placing a small hand on his shoulder.

"That was perhaps a rash action to take."
BishopMcQ
Leo and D'Zan
The glyph shimmers and moves just outside your sight. It weaves and dances in your periphery. Like many of the old magicks, you have to will yourself to look straight at it. A wyrd works over the marking to keep the information secret.

Looking at it, the shape finally takes form.

Hastur

The single word permeates your thoughts as you look at the glyph.

Leo
You see the name and feel the press of its power. With the name on your tongue and love in your heart, you could finally bring D'zan back from the edge of his madness. Fill him with the love and purpose to be happy and whole with you, to not need to constantly destroy in order to be happy.

D'zan
The strength of the name weighs heavily in your mind, offering promise. The promise to not serve, but to be a power unto yourself. Power to finally rival the Winter Queen herself. Enough power to set right, all the hurt that has been done to Leo undone for the rest of time.

Both
Turning away from the glyph, it reforms the triskellion, the wyrding reasserting its power to conceal the mark once more.
JxJxA
"I suspect Leo might be right," Quauhtli says through their mental link, "but I am unfamiliar with this place and cannot lend you any insight."

Uetz's face blanches when he sees the D'Zan's and Leo's reactions. His eyes dart back to the glyph and back to the group, as if waiting to see if something manifests simply from speaking the word.

"Apologies," he stammers, still unsure if something is happening or about to happen, "it was the only thing I could read or understand. It...I think it sounds familiar, though." His eyes lose focus as he retreats his mind, sifting through every lesson, rumor and dream he has had that might lend insight to the gylph's meaning.
Redjack
Papa follows the team through the market more like a gawking tourist than a high-brow shadowrunner traveling the metaplanes. As they continue to walk, Papa maintains enough sight on the team to follow while taking in the strange sights and sounds that abound. After the trio take a moment with the glyph, Papa asks, "That was kinda cool, but what was it?"
JxJxA
Uetz snaps his fingers as he suddenly recognizes the glyph's word.

"That is where I have seen Ha---I mean, 'it'---before! It is a Word of Power that non-Awakened often call upon for rituals, usually involving Binding and Calling. Some mages had theorized that 'it' is the name of a powerful entity that can enter our world through saying it's name...whoa... I did not think much about 'it' since we Nahualli stick to Aztec traditions in calling forth magic, like natural elements, ceremonial rituals and faith in the gods...

"At least it doesn't seem like 'it' has heard me," he adds, still furtively looking about to see if this mystical entity was approaching them.
BishopMcQ
Papa

Looking at the edifice in front of you, the translation is an old version of Or'zet, like someone writing Shakespeare in the original orkish. "To breathe my name is to know true power."

The glyph shimmers and moves just outside your sight. It seems to fade in and out of your vision like a low-power neon sign. Similar to icons running Stealth programs, you have to actively look for it. When your eyes lock on to it, there is a sense of not being able to unsee it.

Hastur

The single word permeates your thoughts as you look at the glyph. You realize that it is admin access to the universe. Every computer system and subscriber feed would turn to watch. Your control over the Matrix would be complete any time you tried, and you could eclipse even Gary Kline's PITO rating.

Redjack
Hastur.... The name echos in Papa's mind as do the visions of power. I will supplant Gary Kline. I will be PITO rating 0. The audacity of the very thought brings him back to reality though. He looks and the words and slowly moves backwards.

He turns to him teammates. "Can we... can we go?"
BishopMcQ
All

With a brief nod from Leo at Papa Smurf's suggestion, the fairy leads away from the statue to the cracked pillars. All of you can feel the shadow of the statue clinging to you, or maybe it's just the general sense of unease in this alien place.

The pillars are cracked with remnants of their former height strewn across the ground around them. Between the two pillars, a tangible inky darkness pulsates back and forth like silk in a breeze. Seven stars shine in the darkness, their glows forming the hints of a spider's web. Standing before the void, you hear whispers--millions of voices blending together into a hushed cacophony of background noise. Listening carefully, you can pick out different threads for a few seconds before they blend back into the noise. The whispered prayers of a child, huddled under blankets, praying that the monsters in her closet go away. The murmurings of lovers in the throes of passion. Harsh voices, barely vocalized, plotting murder and theft.

"Now comes the mortal, the fox and the hunter, the god-touched, and the construct. Your arrival has been spoken much of, as has your absence." The voice is that of your father, speaking in the earliest language you remember knowing.

"What brings you into the darkness, and what gift do you offer for our parlance?"
Redjack
Papa Smurf follows the team away from the offer that was just too good to be true. He usual good demeanor and happy-go-lucky nature starting to become subdued as he feels more and more out of place and out of his element.

Stopping at the sound of his father. The voice was confident, like when Papa's mother was still alive; Before he became a shell of a man. The voice, the tone, the inflection were all right. The grammar, the syntax, the words were wrong. Unable to determine the exact source of the his father's voice, Papa looks to his team mates. Once again, this appears to be their purview.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012