Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Reclaiming the Void
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
JxJxA
"I spoke a name aloud in ignorance in a place unfamiliar to me. I will not say it again, if only to keep from being doubly damned," Uetz says. His heart sinks a bit when he recognizes the name and the glyph. He had only sought to let his friends know what the glyph said, not form a bargain.

He addresses the Dweller once again.

"I came here to free my sister. The loss I feel is the loss of her presence. Before I stepped into this breach, I could at least hear her voice. Now, I hear nothing. Like all those who find themselves lacking in times of trouble I have desired power, but should I sacrifice my soul for it? No, I will not. If I were to make such a choice, surely I would lose her forever. Perhaps power is not mine to hold alone. I am Nahualli, bound to my spirit twin. She is my Courage, and I am her Compassion. She soars above the heavens, and I walk upon the ground. She is Quauhtli, and I am Uetzcayotl. Separate, we are two halves in search of the other. Together, we are Quetzalcoatl.

"If pain is the price I must pay for my past ignorance, then I accept it and will walk that path. However, I would ask that these others be spared. They were not present when I gave voice to the name."
Redjack
Nearly another half hour passes as the search frames scour the matrix and filter the data streaming back in. The Crater Lake details are both alarming and reassuring. If I was going to put a super powerful artifact anywhere, that sure seems as likely a spot as any. He pulls the data into a report for the team, for when they return.

Moving on to the task of preparations, he evaluates the additional data as it comes in, stewing over the results, a thousand possible scenarios playing out in his head. Finally, he sits up. Road trip time.

His coffee cup long since taken by the 7526 Series Clean-O-Bot™, he pauses to look at the blood stained kitchen floor before turning and briskly walking out the front door, his gear bag slung over his shoulder. The van purrs to life before he reaches it. He slides in... and realizes there is still the majority of a corpse inside. That would go well with a speeding ticket...

He backs the van out of the driveway and pulls down the street, using his command program to override the rather lacking pilot program. His first stop is a car wash several miles from the team home. He selects a stall based upon criteria of reduced visibility. He takes a moment to hack the security camera, edit the feed so that it does not appear a change occurred, checks the van's external camera's to select a moment when no one is looking towards the van, then activates spoof chip and the chameleon coating, selecting an off-white, nondescript delivery van appearance. He then pulls out the other side and proceeds down the road, creating a back door and editing the security logs before exiting the car wash security system. Next stop: Some place to dump this body.
BishopMcQ
Questers

"Your past and future are nothing to me. I stand upon the Threshold and allow those who are worthy to pass. The message has been passed, you may choose to step past the threshold into this place, or return unfinished."

The infant's body and head fold back into the spider's body. A massive red slash is there across the back of the black spider. The mirror fades away beneath your feet. Soon the creature's massive form has collapsed into a dessicated husk.
Saytr
where the hell are we and what is it exactly we have to do here how the hell does this thing know my name Brock checks out the other two standing like they arent even worried about the oncoming horde of sick evil looking forms Brock would have never dreamed possible. Listening to who serves who and Uetz's Response lHe starts to get worried they might have come in error. Brock listens to the dewllers speak his name not giving his full name. Looking at his reflection he stares from each reflection to see if there are any differences then he looks from the mirror to the dweller then to the horde of deadly looking nasties surround the plan they are standing on waiting for the other two for any guidance He continues grip his hammer ever tightly.
JxJxA
Uetz nods in understanding, and watches the scene play out. When all appears to have settled, he turns back to his companions.

"I apologize that I could not have warned you about what has come to pass. I had no knowledge that the creature had reason to claim me as my own. As the Dweller said, you are both free to turn back, and I will not blame you if you choose to end your journey here. I, however, must continue on. If I can free my sister I must do so, no matter the dangers that face me.

"Indeed," he adds, "it might be best that I see this through to discover the extent of this claim."

He walks to the portal and waits to see what the others will do.

Hueltiuh, I come for you. I shall hold my love for you in the forefront of my mind, and use it as a guiding light as I wander this labyrinth of shadows...
Buddha72
"I will continue though I thank you for the graceful exit you provided should I have felt differently. Let us proceed and reclaim what you have lost."

Olethros moves to stand beside Uetz and waits to see Brock's response.
Saytr
Brock tightly grips him hammer again grunge and spits and steps forward smiles and starts to hum.
JxJxA
Uetz bows his head gratefully to both.

"Thank you, both of you. I am grateful for the companionship on this journey. May Yacatecuhtli guide us on our travels, and lead us back home."

With Quauhtli in his heart, and his new companions at his side, he steps through the portal with them to begin their quest into the unknown...
Buddha72
A quick nod to Brock and Olethros walks after Uetz.
BishopMcQ
Questers

Stepping off the platform, a chill bites through the air. Something of the threshold kept the true nature of this place at bay. The cold makes your breath a thick mist as you walk. Before you, the horde pours forth gathering in a rough semi-circle to block your way to the tower. Tens of thousands of monstrous creations slither, crawl, and ooze their way across the landscape.

Above you, a night sky you've never seen before. The broad spectral arms of gaseous nebulae glow in green and purple, and three moons light the ground. Amid the shadows of the night, dark forms cut through the air, circling above you like carrion birds.

Continuing on, the wind cuts through your clothing. On the winter gale you hear a voice, raspy and rough. None but those loyal to the Ruined King may pass. Swear your fealty by name or pay a tribute in blood.
JxJxA
Uetz steps forward, his love for his sister granting strength to his resolve.

"We are wanderers, drawn here only by my ignorant recitation of your Lord's name. I have come to free my sister, to whom your Lord has no claim. The others are my companions. I cannot swear fealty, as I have already given my oath to Quetzalcoatl-the Feathered Serpent. Tell me of your tribute of blood, and I shall consider it. If it is acceptable, I shall pay it threefold: once for myself, and twice more for my companions."
BishopMcQ
Questers

Seconds pass, stretching out the uncomfortable silence. You can hear the sounds of the horde moving, and the creatures cawing above you. There appears to be no response from Uetz's negotiation with the wind.
Buddha72
Olethros walks closer to Uetz his voice pitched low so as not to carry far on the wind.

"Careful, you do not know the price in blood being asked. You could find yourself drained dry and left a husk here - failing on the first step. Nobility is good to see in Man but do not be so quick to extinguish it here and now. We came of our own free will - allow us to face this with you as we asked to. Do not diminish our roles or you may not succeed. When we crossed the threshold the course was set, shaped by all three of us and our willingness to aid you. The challenges will reflect that and you may not be able to progress with just you paying the cost. This place is a reflection of where we were and the deeper pockets beyond. Remember that and you will find your way."

He pauses to give his word time to be heard and be felt before speaking again, this time louder and with the intention for his voice to be heard by all.

"If this demesne is indeed one to the Ruined King then we are trespassers without a bond to allow us passage. We can offer blood, our own or some other source as toll or tribute though I find myself without much recourse than spilling my own. Your own people also have a tradition of sacrifice and blood so this may be a reflection of your history or magic. I admit I only have a passing understanding of Aztlan's religion and their strictures."
Saytr
Brock stood silent the entire time as uetz and Ollie, at the mention of blood being a toll to pay stood beside them both and held out his non swinging arm letting his left palm rest on the hammers handle "take what you must for my passage."
Redjack
The van, changed enough for the basics, Papa grimaces at his challenges before him. I need to work on some licenses, but for now perhaps accruing some would be the best option. As the van pulls out onto the I-10, Papa calls one of his few trusted friends.

<<@Jill Martinez [Dextor] Jill, I know its been a few weeks since I called; sorry, I've been pretty busy. Anyway past the small talk, looking for some vehicle licensing for my new van...>>
BishopMcQ
Papa

The connections sits idle for a few seconds. Soon the AROs shift slightly and you sense that you have Jill's full attention.

<<@Dextor [Jill] I've been following your feeds, looks...interesting. If that was really a metaplane, you'll have to tell me more about it later. What are the specs on the van? Make, model, VIN, the works. Is this paperwork going to the top of my pile or under it?>>

Traffic is light on I-10 and you can actually drive at a steady twenty miles per hour, rather than the constant stop and go.

Questers

A distant roll of thunder washes across the plain. Above you, one of the creatures begins a lazy circle lowering to the ground. The head of the creature is eyeless, with dozens of eyes across the bony segments of its scabrous batlike wings. With a human torso, obviously female, and taloned legs, it resembles a nightmare fueled vision of a harpy. In its arms is a broad bowl with straps made from ligament and sinew.

Resting in the bowl is a shard of obsidian, wrapped in more sinew to resemble a dagger.

"Fill it."
Redjack
<<@Jill [Dextor] The trip was legit. The next run will be as intense, though considerably more mundane.>>

He considers Jill for a moment; The things that made them more than acquaintances. The things that made them friends.

<<@Jill [Dextor] UCLA was legit too..>>

They lived on the same block. But it was his parent's death the year after her's that bonded them.

<<@Jill [Dextor] I need a good license and several throw aways.>>

They never made a romantic connection. He was a freshman when she was senior; he dropped out of school shortly there after. Some days he wondered if they would.

<<@Jill [Dextor] You still able to help me with something like that?>>

The ties that bind, they had kept in touch. He always wondered what vices she spent her side-yen on, but a part of him didn't want to know. Part of him just wanted her to be that sassy older girl from down the street. That girl that understood one of the pivotal points in his life because she lived one just like it. But today she is none of those. Today she is a a contact, a connection, a resource selling a service. Keep telling yourself that. It makes it easier.
Saytr
Brock stood there and grabbed the rough knife and made a cut that bled freely filling bowl as he looked at uetz and Ollie," I guess this one way to pay taxes"
Buddha72
Olethros stepped forward and reached for the knife.

"Trust me, you would rather this than swear fealty. This wound has a chance of healing."

He cuts into his forearm and angles his arm so the blood flows into the bowl mixing with Brock's.
BishopMcQ
Papa

<<@Dextor [Jill] I should be able to handle that. Send me the specs, so I can run the background and get you an ETA.>>

<<@Dextor [Jill] And keep your head down. Cops may let some stuff slide, but there's been newsfeeds about Winternight and Surtr at UCLA. Stuff like that goes global damn quick.>>

A datapacket pops up in your vision. Scanning it, there are several news articles from local and international info-sites. All of them focus on the nascent investigation into a recent terrorist attack on UCLA campus. Details are sparse, but an international task force is en route to Los Angeles to investigate possible ties to Winternight, and the release of an aerosolized nano-weapon.

Questers

One by one, each of you bleed into the bowl. The dark reflections make it difficult to see the blood against the stone. The creature's myriad eyes stay focused on the bowl and lust washes over her face as the blood flows freely from your arms. Your vision blurs slightly and you grow light-headed from losing so much blood. A pungent musk of sex and death hangs in the air around the harpy, intermingling with the sweet, coppery smell of your heart's bounty.

With each new drop, one of the creatures in the horde vanishes. By the time each of you has bled out your share, an honor guard of twenty in the center is all that remains. One of them carries the standard of the King in Yellow, a human male with black and yellow warpaint across his face. A jaguar leans lazily against his legs.

In the air above you, several of the creatures are in a vicious fight with curved knives and talons. They appear to be more of the harpies, though obviously male.
Saytr
Brock leans on his hammer more so then before till his body gets used to losing so much blood. "wow that was not to fun" looking up to center himself he sees the fighting and hopes it doesnt come down now to the three of them fighitng any of them.
JxJxA
Pulling back the sleeve from his suit, Uetz drags the edge of the obsidian blade across the fleshy part of his arm.

"And with that, our toll is paid," he says softly as he watches the last few crimson drops fill the bowl to the brim.
Redjack
So that's what the hell we got hit with!
<<@Jill [Dextor] Thanks for the concern. Things have definitely gotten crazy. I'm hoping to keep a lower profile going forward. [Attachment: Vehicle Details]>>
Yea right... We're headed into the freaking, most heavily guarded areas of the Tir. Time to start thinking big time... and acting like it.

The first place to stop is stop assuming what I know. He spins up his search frames and tries to get some solid details on both Winternight and Surtr.
Time passing slowly as the van moves down the I-10, Papa keeps watch on the traffic as he goes. No sense getting caught off guard by gangers out for a little mischief.

His mind passing over the various readouts, he stops on speed. 32kph? I guess I shouldn't complain; it is the I-10 after all.
His thoughts turn back to search frames and new feeds though the security feeds from the van, the house and his own home are always present in the back of his mind. He considers perhaps that not only is he too connected, but with the attention co-processor sleep regulator WAY too connected... The thought is quickly shrugged off. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Redjack
Yet another round of search frames complete yielding more data to be added to the dossier for the team. Great. The BIGGEST freaking terrorist group on the planet. I think we just went triple platinum on the prime runner scale... So why do I feel like a little damn fish hiding from the shark?

He checks his bank balance. My budget must be the square root of their budget. Time to think outside the box... Now where can I steal a ride off the planet? That thought pattern lasts about 1.06725 seconds. About as long as it times for a PITO feed update to one of the top five feeds Papa subscribes to. Then a big smile comes across his face. If we take out a Windernight cell, my PITO feed will go crazy... and surely someone will want to add me that moves me up a rating point.

He occupies himself with a multitude of mundane things as the van slowly progresses eastward, down the I-10: reading social feeds, news alerts, product releases on several of his favorite games, some random trivia, grocery order for both houses, paying a few bills and pbp game updates. Pretty much everything except what he should be working on.

In El Monte, he gets on the I-10, switching to the I-605 North. During the change, he focuses his mind back to the job and the preparation gap. He pulls up a satellite view of the Hollywood Simsense facility. Time to scout the neighborhood. He's looking for several things: (1) Businesses nearby where he could park and observe the employee parking area of HSE. (2) Entry/exit route from the immediate area. (3) Loading/Unloading facilities (4) Delivery vehicle sizes onsite (vans, trucks, semi, all of the above) (5) Corporate housing nearby (6) Physical security to/from both the employee parking & the exit of the facility and the loading area & the facility exit.
JxJxA
"Before we continue, I would like to tend to our wounds. Is that acceptable?" Uetz asks the leader of the honor guard. He glances up at the sky, taking note of the battle being waged above them.
Saytr
Brock still a little woozy didnt know if he heard uetz right was he asking promission to heal the two seemed a little confusing but hey maybe he was a little more light headed then he thought trying to compose himself Brock attempts to stand up straight after a few minutes and stand on his own strength a takes another look around to see that the army of demonic looking evil monsters was extremely less then before, except for the fighting above and the small groups left he felt a little better about thier odds if they ran into any oposition only a little though. "how we looking Olethros" Brock says to Olethros then to Uetz and then back again to Olethros
BishopMcQ
Questers

The standard-bearer's voice carries across the plain, and you can see the hints of a smile curve his lip. "Of course brother, the Ruined King's power lays within your grasp. Allow me to remove some distractions."

His gaze shifts and falls upon the lustful harpy. The musk of sex has been growing as she pleasures herself, calling out for your touch. A strong wind and the smell of putrid flesh blows across the plain. The creature is lifted into the air, her need clearly visible.

She explodes outward in dust and feathers. A single drop of blood lands on Uetz's forehead.

"Is that better?" The standard-bearer's voice calls mockingly across the distance.
JxJxA
Uetz wears a confused look on his face when he sees the man begin to manipulate the harpy. It immediately switches to horror and dismay when he sees the result. He shields his eyes from the explosion, although he feels the impact of some viscera strike him on the forehead. He quickly wipes it away, disgusted by the display. However, the mention of power strikes a chord deep within him. If only he could have done that to the monster that harmed his sister.

He brushes aside the thought. Power is never given freely, and power from creatures like the Ruined King always come at a high price.

"Thank you," he says, ignoring the man's mockery. He then turns to his friends.

"I shall try to be quick."

BishopMcQ
Wednesday -- July 20, 2072
Papa

Hollywood Simsense is housed in a two-story building with a parking lot that holds around fifty cars when full. Across the street, a strip mall offers easy parking for your van to see the front of the building. Circling around the block, the back side of the building has delivery vans and a loading dock for two semis though none are parked at the moment. 

You can see cameras around the building and a card reader on the personnel door near the delivery van. Beyond the front and rear doors, there are fire escape doors on the sides of the building.
Saytr
Brock amused and appalled at the whole act from the Harpy pleasuring herself to exploding and leaving bits and pieces of herself all over the plane and them was a lot to take it after losing so much blood Brock immediately thought he was hallucinating until bits of the harpy were splattered accross the plane and he heard the splashing of flesh and god knows what else against Uetz and ollie hoping against all odds he figured some probably splattered against himself as well and was revolted as he started to look to see exaclty if he was spotted and how badly he would have to scrub once they got back, who knows what that chick was made of thought followed by the only words Brocks mouth could imagine "Yuck"
Redjack
Papa follows the I-605 till he again turns east and onto the I-210 then quickly exits on Watermelon Avenue. A few blocks more brings him to the Mountain View Cemetery. He circles the block until he locks someplace obscured from view to drop the body, then does so and moves to quickly exit the area.

Already being in San Bernadino, he then moves over to the area of Hollywood Simsense Entertainment, circling the area and scanning for hidden nodes during the recon. He attempts to isolate one of the delivery vans (matching visual to the scan) and any primary system nodes (based upon traffic patterns.)
JxJxA
Uetz draws upon his magic to help him block out the effects of the sacrifice. He manages to brush away most of the pain and dizziness, but some of the symptoms of the blood loss still weigh upon him. He puts down his smartpack and withdraws his medkit. He does his best to find shelter from the biting, frigid, wind, and begins treating his wound as best he can. Unfortunately, his with the weight of his melancholy worrying away at his skill, the best he can do is sterilize, clean the wound, and remove the unwanted taint of the deceased harpy's remains.

When he finally begins to draw upon his healing magic, he notices to his dismay that the wounds do not respond. He sighs, frustrated with the predictable turn of events. While the metaplane might have no hold over mundane medicine, it could interfere with his magical healing.

He turns to his companions.

"I am sorry, but I am afraid I cannot heal you as I thought I could. This metaplane is interfering with my ability to use magic to heal. I believe my medkit works, but given my current state I am afraid I am not merely incompetent but incapable. It is still within my power to help you ignore the toll of the sacrifice, and perhaps one of you who is skilled in medicine might try his luck. At the very least, I can hone your skills and give you both a chance to patch yourselves."
JxJxA
Uetz closes his eyes, and begins chanting in Nahuatl.

"Just as we give to the gods, let the gods give back to us. Strength beget strength, as is the way of sacrifice." He first casts a spell upon Brock, and is heartened to see his eyes regain focus and his stance steady. He does the same for Olethros, and then begins to weave a new spell.

"Just as he provides for us, let me provide for him. If I have not the strength to act on my own, then let me give them the strength to act." When the spell resolves, he closes his eyes and focuses on sustaining it.

"I have granted you the gift of inspiration, Olethros. May your hands be steady and grant you better fortune than I had."
Buddha72
Olethros nods and opens the medkit. He watches the small prompt as it guides him through the process of caring for the cuts on each of them. He appears uncomfortable taking direction from the kit but proceeds anyway.

"I have done what I can, hopefully it is enough."
Saytr
Brock stood there and let the first aid kit do its job,he felt extremely better after uetz chant and ollie applying the first aid. He felt better but not 100% its was a deep cut and alot of blood loss. Brock stood strong though. After it was said and done with he stood ready to do what was needed to again to go after uetz sister.
BishopMcQ
Papa

As you circle the cemetery, a small turnout shows signs of frequent use. Scanning the area, a large bush blocks most visibilty from the road and the high walls keep folks in the cemetery from looking out. You toss the body out of the van towards the bush where it won't be obvious to passers-by. A scarred and white-knuckled hand reaches out from the shade and begins to pull the body deeper into the darkness.

Back at Hollywood Simsense Entertainment, the public access nodes for the stores quickly populate your feeds. As you dig past the noise, you isolate two hidden nodes within range. They don't appear to be the delivery vehicles which are all powered down.
JxJxA
"Yes, I believe that will do. Thank you for acting when I could not. I am glad to have been of some service to you both," says Uetz while he allows the logic spell to dissipate, "If we are ready to leave this place and continue searching, I shall tell our guide to let us go." He pauses for a moment before continuing.

"I must say I am a bit worried about the leader of our guard," he mumbles softly to them, "He resembles a figure of Aztec lore that...well...I shall not name him, but suffice to say he is a formidable foe."
Buddha72
"Let us continue on the path. Either we will succeed or we will not."

Olethros motions for Uetz to lead the way.
JxJxA
Uetz nods and steps forward, addressing the honor guard.

"We are ready to leave. We only mean to pass through your master's realm to reach the plane of my sister. It is the home of my gods, Tamanoachan. With your master's price paid, we ask only for the fastest and safest way to it."
BishopMcQ
Questers

The figure nods. His jaguar slinks around each of you, sniffing. He chuffs loudly, a half roar, after smelling Olethros. After the large cat returns to his master's side, the group sets off.

"You certainly have led a varied career recently brother. The scent of death lingers on you, a subtle cologne. Why are you afraid of the master's blessing? You seek power, this quest is to restore power to your side now, rather than waiting.

"Any of you could but call out fealty now and be given all the power you need. Reclaim your former mantle, or the ability to end all of the gangs troubling your city in a single stroke. You are all creatures of change, entropy follows in your wake. Is the offer of freedom to do what you want, as you want, so terrifying?"

As he talks, the miles pass beneath your feet. The distant spire on the horizon grows larger. 
Buddha72
"True my journey has been long and strange of late. I do not fear your lord's blessing but I do not desire to pay homage to any other than my office. Fealty to your master would have me serving something other than what my kin and I were intended. I respect the role you must play as dictated by my elder brother but I have my own path to follow."

Olethros looks over the others before speaking again.

"True freedom is the will to do as one desires in all things. Service precludes that as you well know."
Saytr
Standing with his hammer Brock thought about what Seattle would be like with no gangs in it. To swear fealty to something be knew nothing about worried him, the cost of power shouldn't take away ones image of self and freedom. Being in a meataplane and having to swear allegiances just wasn't his style.
BishopMcQ
Questers

Turning towards Olethros, the standard-bearer smirks. "And yet you serve masters other than your kin and your purpose. You stand beside this one, the lap dog to the Huntsman who will likely kill him before the End of Days, while the hunter subvert your kin's will. You stand blind to the noose falling around your neck, while turning away the hand that offers you nothing but what you are. Destruction.

"Worry not troll, there are other worlds than these. Freedom is an illusion, all that has been said and done has come to pass in the book written before your world collected from the dust of cosmos. Only in a world free of Destiny's touch and attention, can you truly be free."

Facing Uetz, he shakes his head sadly. The jaguar chuffs at his side, its tail swishing back and forth.

"Ticnocuauhtli, you had such potential. Now, you stand a shattered husk--psychically scarred by your own will. No wonder you stand behind these two, unable to answer. You're lost and don't even know why you are here, and what your greed for power will cost."
Redjack
As the autopilot takes the van on its initial pass around the facility, Papa takes a few seconds to scrutinize the hidden nodes. Patience. No need to get skippy.
Buddha72
Olethroswaves a hand through the air as if wiping everything away.

"Enough herald. I understand you must do as your master bids and play this part but we have a spirit to retrieve from this place."

Looking to Uetz he speaks.

"Which way would you have us go now?"
JxJxA
"Mooquichitoa, I will not be baited. My heart is not hard enough to claim that title, and I will not be some moquichnenequini. I am content to be a ticitl, although I strive to find the strength to protect my friends. However..." He looks at the herald with some concern.

"You bear his markings. I need not name him, as we both know of whom I speak. We are all his slaves, and he is a jealous master. I do not know enough about the one you now serve, but I would think that they are not one and the same. Whatever price you paid to slip out from under his yoke, it is either too high or not enough to spare you from his eventual wrath. Either way, I pity you, and I pray to the Feathered Serpent for you."

Uetz looks at Olethros.

"Now we leave this place, and enter Tamanoachan. It is the home of my gods, and where Quauhtli claimed to hail from. I have never been there, but I will trust in my love for her to guide our feet. With any luck, we shall walk where the eagles fly."
Redjack
Good and bad. Those firewalls mean I'm looking at something worthwhile. Those firewalls mean possible trouble.
He pulls the van away and travels several blocks, looking for someplace out of the way to park... an alley, a parking garage or obscured side street. Once parked, he switches the van's node to hidden and turns down the signal. He then begins to probe the first node looking for a vulnerability to exploit.
BishopMcQ
Questers

"I am free to do as I will, including departing. I leave you to find your own way. No folly has ever been taken by those guided by love."

In the next step, the standard bearer and the honor guard vanish. The bowl of obsidian glistens darkly, bereft of blood, with the sinew wrapped knife laying across it. Beyond lies the massive spire, where the herald was guiding you. With each passing second, one of the horde reappears along the parapets and across the plain.

It will not be long before the army of the Shattered King covers the plain and sky as before.
Saytr
"I think its time for us to leaves guys" says as he sees the ugly horrors he just bleed to make vanish start reappear he starts to get a little nervous.
JxJxA
Uetz grabs the bowl and the blade.

"The spire appears to be our destination. Let us move quickly. However, should his fell host reach us once more, it might be wise to be prepared to make another payment."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012