Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you scrap?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Austere Emancipator
It was sorta rhetoric. The only person whose opinion really matters on this is the "big villain" in our game, and she's firmly in the "Yes" camp. dead.gif
TheOneRonin
QUOTE (Siege)
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator @ Mar 4 2004, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE (Bölverk)
I seem to be the only one who's currently using grenades as a primary weapon.

If it makes you feel any better, my group would probably have to vote Explosives based on # of kills with each weapon.

/me braces himself for flaming:
Does a 3-month old fetus count as a kill?

Matter of opinion -- typically, I say no.

-Siege

TheOneRonin lays down a hail of fire to suppress the inevitable counterattack by the "Pro-Life" mob.
simonw2000
Here's a way to screw a gunbunny: the SOTA! biggrin.gif Rapid advancements in armour and ballistics would make a gunbunny quite freaked out at the cost!
Siege
QUOTE (simonw2000)
Here's a way to screw a gunbunny: the SOTA! biggrin.gif Rapid advancements in armour and ballistics would make a gunbunny quite freaked out at the cost!

Yeah, a Thompson SMG made for WW2 is in no way could still be effective today.
[/sarcasm]

-Siege
toturi
Yeah, but a suit of plate mail is as useful as cheese against said SMG. Now that's SOTA for you!
Siege
QUOTE (toturi)
Yeah, but a suit of plate mail is as useful as cheese against said SMG. Now that's SOTA for you!

True, but it would still do wonders against a baseball bat.

-Siege
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Siege)
QUOTE (toturi @ Mar 4 2004, 11:56 PM)

True, but it would still do wonders against a baseball bat.

-Siege

Unless said bat had laser beams on it.
Austere Emancipator
Dikoted Mono-Laser Bat! Let's throw in some slivers and ally spirits for good measure.

And don't go bashing plate mail, it's still more effective than full kevlar suits for stopping bullets with in d20 Modern. Which, like, totally makes sense.
John Campbell
Nothin' wrong with bashing plate mail. It absorbs bashing quite nicely.
toturi
Yeah and the guy inside can hear bells ringing.
Digital Heroin
I'm going to use Blitzkreig as my main character with regards to this one, because he's definitly one of my most pure combat characters. His weapons of choice, a length of chain wrapped around his fist and the door to a Lone Star cruiser. Nothing says big scary motherfucker like a near nine foot troll wading into combat and making fine past of people, which shrugging off most gunfire coming his way. And consider that he's even more effective now that he's carrying around his own cover.
Siege
I had this vision of the troll with a chain tied to a lone star door...grinbig.gif

-Siege
John Campbell
QUOTE (toturi)

Nah, it's more of a bang or a thump. Plate seldom resonates cleanly enough to bell.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Siege)
QUOTE (simonw2000 @ Mar 4 2004, 11:47 PM)

[/sarcasm]

-Siege

The deal was made in Denmark on a dark and stormy day...

~J
Fortune
So he set out for Biafra to join the bloody fray.
Austere Emancipator
AV suppressive fire with double-Victory ACs! Mmmm... Starting to get a tad expensive, though.
Bölverk
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
If it makes you feel any better, my group would probably have to vote Explosives based on # of kills with each weapon.

Heh.

To be honest, I wouldn't use grenades nearly as much if the GM had played the opposition as slightly more intelligent the last couple times I've been in combat as this guy. I can just see their conversation:

BOOM!
"Sir, someone just threw a grenade at us! The phosphorus, it burns!"
"Stay grouped closely together and don't leave the area."
"But sir, the phosphorus is still burning around us! It hurts!"
"Don't move! If we spread out, he won't be able to get all of us at once with his next grenade like he did with the first one!"
"But sir -" BOOM!
dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif
gknoy
QUOTE (John Campbell)
QUOTE (toturi @ Mar 4 2004, 08:36 PM)

Nah, it's more of a bang or a thump. Plate seldom resonates cleanly enough to bell.

Unless your helmet gets hit.
Then it really is like your head is inside a bell.

Don't believe me? Find your local SCA chapter, go to a heavy fighter practice, and ask for a demonstration. smile.gif

(But yes, the rest of the plate ... not a bell-effect.)
Austere Emancipator
I'm pretty sure John Campbell is a SCAdian and has been inside plate mails pretty often.
gknoy
QUOTE (Siege @ Mar 4 2004, 06:48 PM)
[/sarcasm]

I know Siege has the [sarcasm /] tag, but wow. Personally, I think that a Thompson SMG (or modern replica), with a drum feed, smartlink, and some hefty recoil compensation could make for a pretty dang nice (and stylin'! yay!) SMG. smile.gif

Now I gotta go look for it on Raygun's site, or crackopen the FCG. biggrin.gif

[edit]And Austere -- could be. =) But I wanted to clarify the bell-around-your-head effect for any that might be reading. =) [/edit]
Kagetenshi
Through sixty-six and seven they fought the Congo war...

~J

(Yes, I will do this every time someone mentions the Thompson gun biggrin.gif )
John Campbell
I've been a heavy fighter for the last decade. My helm doesn't bell. Getting hit in the head is a lot louder than getting hit in the body, but it's just a crack without ongoing ringing. I've run into a few helms that did ring, mostly the cheap spun-domes that newbies tend to pick up, but it typically gets treated as a flaw and fixed... there are various ways to damp the vibrations to stop it. Usually the padding is sufficient to accomplish it, but not always.

Fingers on their triggers, knee-deep in gore...
Fortune
For days and nights they battled the Bantu to their knees...

(As will I, 'cause it's a damn good song! wink.gif)
Kagetenshi
Gotta love the Matrixing, though. Nothing like taking a building away from the rigger controlling it.

They killed to earn their living, and to help out the Congolese...

~J
mfb
i've been tempted to build an intrusion rigger, but the concept is way too specialized to see much use.
Siege
QUOTE (mfb)
i've been tempted to build an intrusion rigger, but the concept is way too specialized to see much use.

It would be a good intellectual exercise and, if your team specializes in break-ins, the rigger would see more action than you might think.

I've yet to see a corp office, research facility and similar target that didn't have some internal security systems that needed major bypassing.

-Siege
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012