Ascalaphus
Wolf, Ram and Hart.
Neraph
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ Aug 29 2010, 11:05 AM) *
Wolf, Ram and Hart.

Wewt! You got bonus points.
Dumori
QUOTE (Neraph @ Aug 29 2010, 05:29 PM) *
Heh, I get the mental image of the Free Spirit turning into Collections for this group as well.

"So, I see you were late on your last payment, and it was only a partial payment."
"I'm sorry sir - it's just, times have been hard for me lately."
"While I appreciate that, do know that we only have a 3-day grace period here at Coyote, Goat, and Deer*. We expect you to make your next payment within the next four hours, otherwise we'll have to penalize you and drop you from the program..."

* Bonus points to whoever can find the reference.

I would work all to well. Though it would certainly be a full time job. But hell it will reach a point when any on disagreeing with you you can just make your pawn with suggestion and influence spells at force BLAH. Whos going to mess with you when you reach a strength when GDs can be smited by your spells. See this is what I think the mentor spirits do they just leach the karma more subtlety and with a lot more people to do it from.

Ascalaphus
Mentor Spirits use a once-only payment plan of 10 karma (the cost of the Quality).

Yeah, now that I'm thinking about it, there is a lot of potential for spirits to set up an organization. It reeks of corporation, mob and organized religion..
Dumori
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ Aug 30 2010, 09:07 AM) *
Yeah, now that I'm thinking about it, there is a lot of potential for spirits to set up an organization. It reeks of corporation, mob and organized religion..

Yeah it's some metaphysical mafia nyahnyah.gif
darthmord
QUOTE (Dumori @ Aug 30 2010, 07:21 AM) *
Yeah it's some metaphysical mafia nyahnyah.gif

And on that note... think Metaphysical NSA, CIA, FBI,... It becomes a scary list.

LOLs at metaphysical mafia though. That's just comedy gold.
Dumori
I was going to add mega-corporate for alliteration fun but that sounded better alone. Also there has to be a meta-plane some place that is Mafia focused XD
Badmoodguy88
"Yes when that mafia boss talks about the "old country" you really have to wonder where he means."
"Why do you say that?"
"Oh I don't know. It is just sorta a gut feeling. That, and then there is his masses of eyeballs only out numbered by teeth and tentacles."
"Sure, sure, but you can't judge a book by its cover."
TommyTwoToes
Would the spirit count as a link for ritual sorcery to the folks he has pacts with, do the folks he has pacts with count as a ritual link to him? If so I can see a big downside to having all those people feeding you karma. You would have a giant bullseye on your back.
Dumori
I don't think so by RAW. It's not the horrific firendship pact of oh god kill me. That would act as a rutiual link both ways an if any oen it in died you lose force. It has a few positives the metaplaner short cutting to any one in it is nice but it has a shit load of negatives for them.
Jaid
yeah, does anyone else find it odd that the friendship pact which was supposedly going to make it easier for free spirit characters to exist was so much worse than not having the friendship pact ability?
Dumori
QUOTE (Jaid @ Aug 30 2010, 10:20 PM) *
yeah, does anyone else find it odd that the friendship pact which was supposedly going to make it easier for free spirit characters to exist was so much worse than not having the friendship pact ability?

Yes it has 4 positives gaining karma on you own, faster "respawn", metaplaner short-cut to all in the pact and allowing the transmuting of images and such mentally.

They do not out weight the negatives you are no longer immortal, you can be the target of ritual spells via you "firends" and you need to find force people you trust this gets madder and madder as you gain power.
Badmoodguy88
Makes dependents a very plausible flaw, along with paranoia.

But buying your friends as a dependent I think guarantees trouble as that flaw never comes with out a price. Better to have your friends as high level contacts. Or as is probably most appropriate, have them as dependents and contacts.

Also the flaw paranoia would be foolish to take because of all the people you need to keep happy with you. It would just be smart to be highly cautious.

At any I think just having a life pact with some of your team mates is a good idea. It is a source of a little karma and it makes your team mates very hard to kill as long as they have karma to spend. This would make friendship pact less insane but a safer option than a friendship pact would be a dream pact with some physically powerful people.
Neraph
Take another Spirit Pact and take the Formula Pact. That should change the "mortal" bit for Free Spirit PCs.
darthmord
QUOTE (Badmoodguy88 @ Aug 30 2010, 06:31 PM) *
Makes dependents a very plausible flaw, along with paranoia.

But buying your friends as a dependent I think guarantees trouble as that flaw never comes with out a price. Better to have your friends as high level contacts. Or as is probably most appropriate, have them as dependents and contacts.

Also the flaw paranoia would be foolish to take because of all the people you need to keep happy with you. It would just be smart to be highly cautious.

At any I think just having a life pact with some of your team mates is a good idea. It is a source of a little karma and it makes your team mates very hard to kill as long as they have karma to spend. This would make friendship pact less insane but a safer option than a friendship pact would be a dream pact with some physically powerful people.

Well, if the free spirit PC makes those pacts post creation (remember, its cost should be based on the negotiation between the two PCs) with teammates, it would be ideal for it to cost little for ease of use of the team but also make the FSPC able to grow fairly easily. Neraph also has a good suggestion as there are some spirit pacts / powers that make life as a spirit much more agreeable and just happen to have useful side-effects.
Badmoodguy88
sadly that would need to be something you arrange with you GM

It counts as a quality for THEM to have the pact.

One possible loop whole is to have your spirit start with a VERY low edge so it is cheap for them to buy. But it is possible and probably RAW or at least RAI that as the Spirit gains in edge all the people PCs pay for their increased pact cost. It would be great if they could buy a pact at a lower edge then the spirit has. But for some of the pacts edge matters and for some it does not, so it would not be fair.
Neraph
Don't force your teammates to buy qualities - have a 100+ person Magical Group Contact instead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012