Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deep Vengeance...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
WearzManySkins
Kat D sorts thru the information and places it into a folder for each team member.

Applies flat black hair dye in a aerosol can to his fur, watches it dry, then dresses for the upcoming mission.

Packs his gear, equipment weapons and heads to the meet point.

Once there listens to each team member and Widget.

"I do not sneak well at all, but I can use the weapons and tools I have with me."
Fyndhal
Twist nods to Eklipse, then pulls on a camo mask and , puts on glasses. She checks her Praetor, then her Predator IV and her clip bags one last time, then nods again.

"Set. Ready when you are."
UmaroVI
As Fat Man was preparing, he suddenly slapped himself on the forehead.

"Zerone, neither of us conjured shen capable of hiding us. I will take care of that."

Fat Man turned to something invisible, and bowed, then humbly addressed it in Chinese, "I apologize, but it appears that we are in need of a specific supernatural power, and I will need to summon an ancestor spirit in order to hide us. I mean no disrespect to you, but I must ask you to return to the metaplanes for now."

Once the guardian departed, Fat Man concentrated on calling a different type of spirit. Something flickered in the air, invisible to the material plane, but the strain of conjuring a second spirit seemed to take a toll on him.
WearzManySkins
Bones establish encrypted secure links to those that sent such at last meeting. Use the highest encryption level that both ends can support. Flag any links that are not encrypted as such.

Verifies the operational status of biomonitor, med Kit, Savior Medkit and medical patches.

Kat D brings up Bovie his HK 227X, checks via skinlink the status of ammo, smartgun link, smartgun cameras and the weapon status.

Via skinlink checks Scalpel his Ares Predator IV, the status of ammo, smartgun link, smartgun cameras and the weapon status.

Bones double check wireless link for the grenades, make sure the synchronized blanking link for the flashpaks and my glasses is operational.

Hears Eklipse spelling out the order of movement, and nods.

Nice tail end charlie, sounds like my type of position.

Listens to Fat Man talk about speak about conjuring.

Well hopefully his magics spirits etc can be of assistance, but like all plans, everything seems golden until the action begins.
Fenris
Ayo nods as Eklipse rattled off directions. It was obvious the man had been in charge before, had lead a hunting party. And no hunter survives that isn't successful.

He draws the twin pistols once, both of them a dull, matte black, grips bulging oddly in his hands. He checks slide on both pistols simultaneously, tossing them into the air just an inch or so to catch them by the back of the grip, fingers tugging the slides back as he inspects the firing chamber and pin, guns clacking in stereo as he releases them, using the momentum of the closing slides to give him a moment to return his grip to a standard firing hold. He holsters them again smoothly, one down low on his leg, the other tucked into the small of his back, both in low-profile holsters.

He steps out of the door just behind Eklipse, form immediately shimmering and fading into the surrounding darkness. Those perceptive enough would see a slim, furred tail uncoil as he crouches slightly, resettling his balance forward on his toes as the group heads towards the dock.
JxJxA
Zerone's eyes bulge out a bit when Fat Man brings the lack of concealment powers to his attention.

"Oh dear," he replies. "I am sorry, my creators engineered me more towards...um...combat... Follower has helped me expand my...uh...abilities beyond that, but my skills still tend towards it. Fire ravmalakhim are easier for me to call." He is about to contact Amara---the archangel who answered his summons---but then notices Fat Man dispatch his own ravmalakh in favor of another.

"Thank you," Zerone says, smiling kindly.

A word of caution, my friend. You must focus on the task that is now at hand for this is different from what you are used to doing. As defender, the evil approaches you. As hunter, you must approach the evil. Make sure that you keep your eyes open and your footfalls soft.

I am sorry, what was that Foll---

"Ouch!" Zerone says softly in Sperethiel, as he stubs his toe on a jutting piece of junk. He hears Follower release a sigh.

Perhaps you should ask Amara to help you, my friend. It appears that this lesson will not be learned as easily as others.
Notsoevildm
Eklipse had not intended to take charge, but the others had seemed willing to follow his instructions. They were a ragtag bunch of individuals thrown together by circumstance. He had little idea of their capabilities and coolness under fire. As he moved quietly towards the container park, that lack of knowledge was made immediately apparent when Ayo's form shimmered and all but disappeared.

He whispered into his comm, "Keep comm's clear unless necessary. Ayo take point, you vill be the hardest for them to spot."

Buddha72
All
The night air is laden with salt and a dull cold that saturates the docks as you make your way into the sheltered alleyway. You quickly receive an incoming message to your commlink. You see the ID belonged to Widget and as you open it you quickly see a program run through your system hooking you into a small network of the other runners in your team. You see layers of encryption unfold before your eyes as it hides and scrambles your signal and connection to the others.

Ok all - head to the end of the alleyway and you'll find an entrance to the yard that me and my friends have set up. DO NOT TOUCH any other part of the fence - I have bypassed the current at the opening so bear that in mind if you have to make a new exit.

You make your way down to a collection of trash bins, discarded storage containers and debris. As you approach a small pile of the trash moves slowly towards you - you quickly see that it's a small drone disguised as a street litter. It runs a sensor over each of you with a small swift motion - you see a new feed work its way into your network.

This way - hole ahead - no touch

Ahead is the security fence encircling the docks and their storage units, tangled in it and on it is a large piece of plastic sheeting - you quickly realize it covers a hole in the fence. As you draw closer you quickly see other small drones hiding amongst the debris. You watch as the drones crawl forward and grab the edges of the fence and pull it just far enough apart to allow you to slip through single file. You begin to pass through the fence as the route map loaded into your comm begins to overlay over the AR map of your current location and the target container.

Your window of "safety" has begun as soon as you step through the fence. Message me or talk directly to my friend meeting you at the container to deal with the lock. I will be monitoring the other net monkey and keeping him in the null as long as possible. I will send out an alert - think gunfire or a small explosion - if I need to step up my interference with the on-site security decker. Good luck.

You see a small timer begin counting down in the AR map - down from 15 minutes towards zero.

Twist
As you work your way carefully through the fence you quickly scan the area - straining to hear and see everything al at once. You feel the ware in you begin to sort the sensory data - the unnatural speed and clarity comes over you as it integrates the information into your meat parts. You feel the moisture strike your body, hear the sounds of the water lapping in the distance and see several security devices scattered around - more than likely visual sensors of some sort.

Eklipse
You move out into the storage yard and move across the space to the nearest stack of containers. You feel the latent mana in your body surge to life as you direct your will through it. A few silent and quick steps till you feel air slide past your body as you launch yourself. Your hands grip the sides of the cargo container and you feel the shift of momentum in your body - swinging your feet up past your head. At the right moment - the needful moment you release your grip and feel the twisting in your form as you plant your feet and swing the rest of your body up to the top of the container. As your center of gravity adjusts to your new position you quickly open your senses to your surroundings. You hear the distant and distorted sound of the water from the ships docked and see what look to be security devices set out around the yard. Their height and angle make you think visual sensors.

Crippler
You angle your body through the opening - eyeing the small drones holding it open for the team. You feel the tension in your form as you prepare for the run - violence always dances at the edges of these jobs and certainly the guards at the site will object to your taking the drugs and gear inside the container. You hear the sound of water in the distance and see thin light illuminating the rest of the yard.

Zerone
You step through - stumbling as you try to keep your focus on all the little details - you see a small drone scramble out of your way as your foot catches on the fence links cut by the machines you assume. The rush of heat to your face as you attempt to catch your balance signals your embarrassment - you thank the dim light and shadows for concealing your wash of color. You look around straining to see and hear something but only find the sound of your heart and your breath. A small light of hope reaches out to you or rather a feeling of heat and warmth from the spirit you conjured. An image forms in your mind like a fire bursting into a pile of kindling. You see the yard from the astral - your teams life energies blazing in the darkness and the lurid glows of the city - the washes of need, hungry and want like a heavy scent. You see small spirits darting in the distance but nothing that looks like a guardian or mage patrolling the area.

Kat Doktor
Moving through the opening you feel the slick surface of the asphalt under your feet as you listen to the distant slap of water echo hollowly in the air. You move to keep your form obscured from a clear view and look around - trying to gleam something from the darkness. You eyes pick out several sensor bundles angles to sweep the yard - more than likely security since some care was taken to make them unobtrusive.

Fat Man
The opening is narrow but doable as you make your way into the storage yard of the docks. The gloom and muffled air mute your senses as you look around attempting to see or hear anything that might threaten the run. With a quick refocus of your place in this reality - you slide yourself through the thin barrier separating you from the astral layer that blankets this world. You feel the layers of toil and sameness flavor the area. The years of workers and routine stain the ambient mana. You quickly sense a slight element out of sync with everything else. You reach out and merge with it - you feel a white hot rage and an utter despair scream in you. You feel plastic bite into your wrists, a needle pushing into your thigh, the weight of bodies on you as you struggle to free yourself. You quickly follow it and see it leads in the direction of the cargo container you seek this night. Pulling yourself from the impressions left on the astral - with little conscious thought you extend the protective weave of magic that surrounds you to delicate cover each member of the team.

Ayo
Slipping through the opening you feel the awareness of the hunt take you. There is no sound as you move across the asphalt and crouch in the shadows feeling their embrace take you - your silent ally in the hunt. You look around feeling your judgement on the team members you can see trying to hide from the other hunters in the yard. You breathe in slowly taking in the scents in the air. You smell the others - you catch the faint trace of others - sweat, a blend of foods and a clean scent almost an absence of smell. The patrol possibly - they would take care to leave little trace of their passing to lull prey into complacency. The whine and hum of security sensors is present - this place is a test for you. You feel the quickening - soon the need would be fulfilled in you when you reached the container. Someone would be prey and someone would be the predator.
JxJxA
"Oh dear," Zerone mouths to himself as Amara shares what she sees with him. The small spirits could be the Yakuza mage's malakhim, or something else. He scrunches his mouth in concentration as he tries to identify them.
Notsoevildm
"Schiesser" mumbles Eklipse, impulsively breaking the radio silence he had just asked the team to maintain. With a fluid grace he flips silently backwards off the container and lands delicately on his feet next to Ayo and Twist.

"Cameras. Likely from ze 'official' security, not our friends. Stay low and close to ze containers. Avoid ze open spaces." His tone is abrupt and formal, conveying facts and orders but no emotion.

And then he moves, gliding almost casually and unnaturally quietly along the route indicated by Widget's data stream. He does not look back. Whether he assumes the others are following or just simply doesn't care, is impossible to tell in the darkness.
Saytr
Crippler follows the directions from widget exactly, taking in the details and general direction of each light, and stay in the shadows as much as possible and use the cover to his advantage for his size its never easy. He looked forward to trying his new Augmentations and putting them to use. He follows the rest of team though ready to defend any of the others.
Saytr
Crippler follows the directions from widget exactly, taking in the details and general direction of each light, and stay in the shadows as much as possible and use the cover to his advantage for his size its never easy. He looked forward to trying his new Augmentations and putting them to use. He follows the rest of team though ready to defend any of the others.
WearzManySkins
Kat D moves with the group not with fancy moves but solid consistent movements staying out of sensor ranges, using what shadows he can find, every 2 steps he looks behind to check their six.

Carefully moves thru the hole not touching the sides.

Notes the information the AR from Widget is giving him.
Fyndhal
Twist starts to mention the camera's, then hear's Eklipse' exclamation and comment. Unconsciously, she nods once, then proceeds, taking precaution to stay out of the line of sight of the camera's she spotted. She takes some time to watch the less stealthy members as they pass through the area, to hopefully make sure they don't walk in front of one.
Buddha72
Zerone
As you look over the image imparted from the spirit you think perhaps the spirits are watchers but it's hard to say without assensing them - their size makes that the most likely answer.

All
You make your way way through the area - following the route outlined in your comm as the timer on your window of safety ticks down steadily.
JxJxA
Upon hearing someone else break comm silence, Zerone sends a quick note to the others.

Enemy spirits are about. They appear to be watchers.
JxJxA
Taking a moment to consider options, Zerone sends another short message burst to the group.

I could banish them one at a time, but that would alert the summoner. If you want me to time my efforts with another action, please let me know.
Fenris
He let's his body stretch, settling into the regular, measured pace that would help keep him invisible in the shadows. At Eklipse's comment, he slipped further ahead in the path of the containers, eyes searching the posts and all the static points that could hold security gear.
Notsoevildm
Eklipse halts as he nears the target, pressing himself flat against the side of a container. He checks his gear and weapons and scans the area for hostiles. His SMG clicks silently onto burst fire mode and he whispers into his commlink.

"Approaching target. Zerone, Fatman, if you can take out ze spirits without alerting the mage zen do so. But only ze ones near our target. We don't want to alert ze port authority. Widget is your little friend in place?"

He then looks to Twist and Ayo. "When we go in, Twist you go left, Ayo take ze right and I vill go up ze middle. Ready?"

He takes a deep breath to centre himself for the coming battle. Time seems to slow as he becomes one with the moment, his awareness boosted by his magic. He sees Ayo's tail twitch, catches Twist's scent and hears Crippler's footsteps. His SMG comes up into a ready position, tucked tightly against his shoulder in a practiced, professional move. Then he stands there frozen, restrained violence seeping off him, like a snake ready to strike.
JxJxA
Frowning somewhat at having to use the commlink again, Zerone fires off another short message.

Banishing will alert the mage. We could time the banishing just before you act.
Buddha72
Zerone
You let yourself slip from this reality and slide into the world of the spirit. The landscape is lit from the souls of the living and the conjured entities of this realm. You find one of the smaller spirits and delve deeper into it - seeking answers about its nature and perhaps its creator.

You feel the alertness of the small creature as it looks around the container. The structure of its mana confirms its status as a watcher - you sense none of the higher order structures found in spirits drawn from the metaplanes. You see the particular stamp of the conjurer on the watcher - its collected power is weaker than your own.
JxJxA
Snapping back to the physical realm, Zerone fires another short burst of information from his commlink to the group.

Spirits confirmed as watchers.
Fyndhal
Twist nods at Eklipse, then pulls out her heavy pistol and signals the safety off. Her muscles tense as she prepares herself for violence.
JxJxA
Suspecting something is amiss, Amara drifts up into the air and away from Zerone and then reveals herself to the physical world.

A golden-white figure of flame shimmers into existence. She resembles a woman dressed in a plain robe, her outline flickering with the ebb and flow of flames. The only one of her features that is not made of fire is a white marble mask. The mask, while hiding her face, is the most defined of her features---forever bearing a serene expression carved in the style of the Renaissance sculptors.

Amara draws two fingers together and traces a large arc in the air. Flames trail her fingers, forging a solid arc of fire. She delicately plucks the arc from the air and brandishes it before her as one would a sword.

"Reveal yourselves," she declares to those whom the companions hunt, "and abandon both weapons and thoughts of violence, lest you invite His Wrath upon you."
Buddha72
Cypher
As you feel the last vestiges of the drug working its way out of your system - you once again see the old woman's kindly face. She looks over the bio-monitor's holographic display of you body hovering just above your actual body strapped down on the medical bed. You hear her humming as slides her hand over the interface peeling away flesh and muscle to reveal your nervous system. She strokes your hair like a cherished pet as she looks over the data display. As she speaks her warm voice fills the small space - her Japanese is smooth and flowing - obviously a native speaker.

"You're a strong one. I can see some minor degradation from the last injection but nothing that would prevent someone from coming back for further doses though I am still not satisfied with the lack of imbalance in your system. I need to see stronger signs of physiological dependence otherwise this formula will never demand the prices require for its manufacture."

She opens a small holographic interface under her hands as she beings to take notes. You see a 3D model of what you assume is the drug she has been injecting into you over the last several days. You watch as she begins to modify it while looking over the data harvested from your flesh. Suddenly a small yellow light washes over her face - it's source is out of your field of vision. A brief look of irritation passes over her face at being interrupting peeling back the facade of a frail and kindly old woman. You catch a glimpse of the soulless scientist who has been using you as a test subject in her eyes. A voice is relayed through a speaker making it sound small and distorted.

"We have guests but it shouldn't be a problem - probably someone looking to snatch up loose assets."

She nods once - her eyes never leaving the displays as she continues her modifications.
UmaroVI
Fat Man decided that the watcher spirits were a minor annoyance if they were going to go for a direct assault, and it would be best to ignore them for the moment in case a more potent threat emerged. He judged that Zerone's fire shen could probably handle anything except a mage or another spirit, and he hoped that it's materialization and display of power would draw out enemies from the container. Remembering that Zerone would have trouble concentrating on more than one level of existence at a time, Fat Man kept his eyes open for threats on both planes.
Fenris
Moving ahead on point, he quickly slips from cargo container to cargo container, finally ducking into the shadow cast by their target. With a quick glance around to make sure he's out of sight of any of the obvious physical alarms, he checks the exterior, waving the team over. One of them had taken the little metal creature that would open the door.
Fenris
Pausing briefly, he hesitated, resisting the urge to shake his head at the overlapping, confusing trails of the scents at the door. He motioned to the group, 4...6...8 different people. He stopped counting the numbers after that, it didn't matter. Too many to plan for, to prepare for. Whatever happened would happen, he would have to trust to his instincts in the moment. As for the machinery...well, what could he say besides it was there? Everytime he tried to touch anything more complicated than his pistol it was obvious that he had no idea what he was doing...why embarrass himself further? Anything inside would be obvious once they opened the doors.
Buddha72
Cypher
She has moved out of your sight - your head being strapped in place limits your peripheral vision but it beats the bruises when you have seizures from mishaps with the injections. You can hear her attending to another "test subject" on the other side of this room. You hear the hum and click of the security door to this chamber open.

"We're going to need some chemical help from your stock. Taka said you should have something to help us deal with the creature outside?"

You hear a something being slid and then opened. You hear the distinct sound of a hypo being loaded - you force your body to relax at the sound at least this time you know its not for you.

"Here. Now get out, I have work to do."

You hear the door seal and lock. A few moments pass as she begins to hum again.
Notsoevildm
Eklipse registers the flash of light above and behind him as the spirit materialises. He covers Ayo as the cat-man moves forward then indicates four, eight, more people.

He keeps his gun trained on the door but scans around quickly, almost nervously looking for an ambush, then hisses into his commlink, "Widget, I think our cover may be blown. Ve need zat door open now. I hope your friend is on time."

Buddha72
Eklipse
You feel the tension sing along your nerves - the stillness just before violence erupts - that tipping point. You hear the something inside the container - definite bodies moving. You think at least six people based on the patterns and their locations. You scan around and look over the door - in particular the locking mechanism. You startled to see a small drone, it looks vaguely spider-like - you watch as its outer skin ripples and matches the surface its perched on - some sort of active camouflage. You can see several wires underneath it and what look to be mechanical tool arms manipulating the inner workings of the security device. You realize it is hiding its own work by projecting an image of what was once there on its outer shell.

"I am working as fast as I can. I am going to go ahead and launch my more play friendly drones since you think this is going to go all BANG BANG BOOM BOOM."

Cypher
Her humming as stopped again at the sudden chime of the intercom system - this is the most she has ever been interrupted since your arrival. You hear rather than see her answer the call.

"I think something is wrong with the outer locking mechanism and it's associated systems. I tried accessing the external camera and all I see is night sky but we can see the spirit clear as day. In addition, I can't seem to get any confirmation that our more active security measures have come online. Suggestions?"

This woman's voice is new to you - clearly educated. Absent are the street lingos you have heard from the other voices over the past few days - a tech or another scientist like the elderly woman. She sounds young and there is a tension in her voice - clearly someone who does not like it when technology fails her. Your analysis of her voice is cut short by the doctor's reply.

"Send them out to deal with the threat directly. I do not want my work endangered with a firefight in the lab itself. Seal the interlocking doors and arm the internal security measures. Report back to me when you know more about the people outside."

You hear the click of the com being shut off before her maddening humming resumes.
JxJxA
Looking first at Amara and then at the group, Zerone reaches within his coat and grips his power focus. He prepares himself for the inevitable flood of visions and emotions that will attack his mind once the fight begins. He lets his senses expand to the peripheries, readying to cast stunning spells upon the first opponent that he notices.
Buddha72
Cypher
Her humming is distant now - she is probably at the other end of the lab tending to another "patient". You saw at least two others in here when you arrived. You look at the ceiling and once again try to think of a way to get loose while you're still lucid - no knowing when the next injection will be and how long it will affect you or if you'll even survive it.

Suddenly you see something at the edge of your vision. You shift your head slightly and see a small mechanical thing crawl up the side of the medical table. It looks home-made and it runs a small sensor sweep over your face. You see it move forward and a tiny tool extends from its stomach area - the tip begins to glow and you watch as it runs the edge over the straps holding you down. Another set of arms unfolds from its body and it begins to unroll a flatscreen between. A graphic begins to form on it - a pair of lips with a finger held in front of it. The image dissolves and a message begins to form.

Ok here's the deal we're going to come in here with guns and start shooting - get low and stay down or better yet get a gun and shoot people. My people are going to be the ones that break in - I'll let them know that you're in here.

The straps on your arm is freed as the message dissolves and the arms beginning folding up the flatscreen. It moves to your other straps and begins to cut you loose.

All
A message is sent to everyone from Widget.

We have people inside - three total but only one seems able to be of any help. I attached an image capture of the possible ally. The lock is ours and open though I have the system thinking it's still locked but there are signs that the interior has a separate security system so be careful.

You access the file and an image opens of a man strapped down to a exam table - the angle is odd but the image is clear.
BishopMcQ
The picture shows a sallow-faced ork male in his late twenties. Several days of stubble shroud his chin and neck, and his hair is greasy and matted from the table. It appears that the ork's tusks have been trimmed and capped to be less noticeable. He is wearing a thin undershirt and jeans, with medical trodes on his chest and neck. An IV runs into one wrist, just below a datajack.
Buddha72
All
The air leaves a layer of salt on everything - hair, skin and clothes as you watch the container for any sign of its protectors responding to the blatant challenge just presented seconds before. There is a feeling of tension and stillness that shatters with the doors of the cargo container being thrown open. A single figure stands framed in the doorway wearing a collection of armored clothing and carrying a submachine gun. His goggles have a small green light coming from either side as he scans the area.
JxJxA
When he first sees what is likely one of the group's targets, the familiar flood of alien feelings and emotions surge through Zerone's mind:

RAGE

Images of faceless elves being slaughtered by an unknown foe...

VENGEANCE

Blood seeping from slaughtered enemies...

FURY

An elf that looks somewhat similar to him doling out magical destruction to everyone and everything about him...

All of these images and associated emotions affect Zerone with the passion and intensity of a dictionary definition. Follower had told him before that these alien thoughts were likely the remains of a failed mnemonic trigger that his creators had attempted to implant in him. An act of God, Follower would often say, a miracle granting your soul freedom despite your creators' desires. Whether divine intervention or mere chance, Zerone mouths a silent prayer of thanks after the wave of images fades away.

Despite instincts telling him to release the coalesced bolt of magical energy, Zerone chooses to hesitate and see if his other companions will fire first.
UmaroVI
Fat Man considered blindly throwing a spell in, but decided against it - he'd hit that injured ork Widget had found. He doubted that the man with the submachine gun could stop Zerone's fire spirit - better to wait until anything they had that could - like whoever their mage was - showed themselves. Perhaps it was better to try to force the issue indirectly...Fat Man concentrated on his link to the shen he had called.

Honored ancestor, please assist us in fighting these foes. This man *mental image of the ork Widget showed* is not an enemy, nor is anyone else strapped to tables or incapacitated with drugs, but I believe everyone else is.

With black and white rippling in the air and a roar, a glowing panda bear appeared in front of the man with the submachine gun.
Notsoevildm
Eklipse's senses expand and time slows as the door to the container opens. A figure appears, clad in armor. Even with his amped senses he can't immediately tell if the figure is asian, but he does see the gun.

Deadly ground.

The silenced HK burps twice, quietly.

Time resumes. "Go!" he commands moving towards the door, his smoking gun held ready.
JxJxA
Hearing the burst of gunfire jolts Zerone into action.

"Sleep," he mouths in Sperethiel, and he releases the coalesced energy into the target. He feels it sublimate from his grasp and surround the gunman, covering him in a golden-white halo of energy. Zerone breathes in sharply as he feels the toll of the spell dull his senses. However, the fatigue from the spell lasts only momentarily, and his mind snaps back into focus. He waits to see if his spell has any effect.
Buddha72
All
The quiet is punctuated by the gunfire. The figure seems to change his mind and moves to try and take some cover from the container door as the shots dance around him. You see his body slammed to the side of the door as some of the burst connects though he looks far from out of the fight. The air distorts as mana gathers around the are and the first Yak soldier to exit the lab. The glow contracts around him but then dissipates just as quickly as slashes of green fire seem to tear it apart from within. He struggles to keep the door as cover from the materializing panda spirit.

Zerone
You feel the weaves of mana lash out and try to drive their way through the man's body to render him unconscious when a force manifests around him and begins to tear the delicate structure to shreds and the gathered energy bleeds back into the ambient mana around you. A mage is protecting him.

Ayo
A second figure emerges in the doorway and unloads two short bursts into the air near you - aiming for you but having no real idea your actual position. He's trying to gun you down as quickly as possible.

Fat Man
You see a spirit rising from the ground just in front of Eklipse - it looks to be a eastern style dragon composed of rock and earth. You see it begin to shift from the astral to the Material plane. You quickly seek the secrets of its creation in the threads of its soul and soon realize the spirit is slightly less powerful than you and you clearly see the magician's arrogant signature all over the creature.

Eklipse
You watch as your brain rebels against what it's seeing - a small dragon of the earth pushing its way from somewhere to your world. Its eyes glow with a heavy sullen green energy and you watch it dig its claws into the concrete beneath it.

"I will eat your heart last little fleshling and it will feed my children for years to come."

Cypher
You feel more than see the small eclectic drone make its way down your body - using you to hide it from view as it continues to cut the restraints free. You risk turning your head slightly to better track the "doctor" and see what is around you. You quickly see 3 more medical beds set up in the room with you. One in each corner - their ARO displays hovering above them though the one in the far corner is flashing red with a single word -NULL VITALS- flashing across it. The soulless hag is leaning over the body with a small surgical tray laid out next to her on the deceased man's chest - humming to herself as she seems to be collecting tissue samples. There is a small table next to you with what looks like surgical tools - a knife of some sort and some sort of clamp with a crank and a collection of probes. As you glance down past your feet and the other medical bed you see a counter with a rack holding hypos and small canisters to slide into them - more samples to be tested on you and the other patients. So far she doesn't seem to notice you being cut free by the drone.
Fyndhal
Twist mutters under her breath, then takes a long, slow breath and begins.

She breaks cover, moving from her current position to Eklipse' spot behind the closer canister. While traversing the space, she fires her silenced Predator IV at the target in the doorway.
Buddha72
All
Twist darts out firing two shots at the exposed figure in the doorway before taking cover again behind another cargo container - he quickly retreats to just inside the entrance taking some cover behind boxes or crates of some sort. The second shot clearing clipping him in the side as he does so.

Cypher
You hear some sort of noise coming from the lower level of the space where you are being held - something is happening though the muffled sounds give little indication if it bodes well for you. You see the drone give you a jaunty wave as it crawls over the edge of the medical bed having cut you completely free from the restraints.
BishopMcQ
Cypher watched the little drone sneak off the table and hazarded another quick glance at the woman to make sure she was still checking on the other patient. The incessant humming was driving him crazy, she was always humming to herself as she came in and checked on him. Humming to herself as she walked in the labs...through hallways...out to her car...

His eyes rolled back in his head as a wave of memories overtook him. A thin Japanese woman in her late twenties, humming to herself as she walked through a bright garden. The garden extended for another twenty meters in front of her, before it climbed straight up the side of the building. The third level was why she was here today, gathering specimens for her research.

She bowed briefly to one of the supervisors in Special Research who was enjoying his lunch beneath an apple tree. The supervisor nodded back at her as she passed, stepping onto the stairs that would lead up to the specimens.

The stairs zoomed down below her, four men in black jumpsuits and masks had broken into her lab and grabbed her. They dragged her bodily down the hallway, throwing a small canister behind them into the lab. She remembered the floor shaking and the thunderous explosion as the stairwell door opened. Years of chemical research destroyed in seconds...

With a sharp intake of breath, Cypher came back to his senses. The drone hadn't moved more than a few centimeters—he couldn't have lost more than a second or two. Looking at the holographic display, his brain started registering carbon and sulfur molecules in complex carbohydrate chains. Now wasn't the time to worry about what he'd been injected with, he needed to escape.

He rolled off the bed as quietly as he could and tried to work his way toward the ampules. His left hand seized the scalpel from the table beside him without conscious thought.
Buddha72
Cypher
You keep waiting for her to turn or notice you moving through the make shift lab but she continues to hum as she collects more tissue samples. You arrive at the ampules.
JxJxA
Somewhat taken aback at seeing his spell "fizzle" against the guard, Zerone fires off a message to the group.

Mage is protecting the guard.
WearzManySkins
Kat D listens to the sounds of gunfire ahead of him, crouches lower, sweeping his weapon covering the area in front of him.

Hmm not much going to be salvageable if that fire is accurate and on target. Maybe inside if they refrain from excessive force, but then I am a optimist.

Keeps his senses trained on the rear of his teams approach/entry with occasional looks over towards the action
JxJxA
Seeing an Earth Spirit enter the fray, Amara turns her attention onto the new target.

"Coward and Blasphemer," Amara loudly declares, "you would threaten those children whom cannot harm you? Tremble as you suffer His Righteous Wrath!" The fiery blade in her hands flickers and twists, turning into a bow-like arc. The fire spirit draws back one hand, as if readying to release an arrow. Suddenly, a narrow jet of fire shoots from the weapon and screams towards the Earth Dragon.

"Repent and surrender," she says, "or face eradication."
Buddha72
All
With a roar of defiance the serpent with great effort shifts its coils out of the way as the fire lances past it and into the ground beneath it. It's scales of granite and dirt flare in the wash of flame and heat.

"Fool! I will crush the life from your summoner's bones and you will disappear from this world into some much smoke and air!"

JxJxA
That didn't work...have to think..., Zerone's mind races as he sees Amara's bolt miss its mark.

Can anyone help me banish it? he fires off via commlink.
UmaroVI
"As you would say in English, 'use power to curb power.'"

As Fat Man spoke, the air around the dragon hummed and flashed with the power of Fat Man's stunning spell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012