Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Energy fields and non-projectile/alternate weapons
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Pollux710
Gauss weapons and lasers are pretty much all I've found concerning lethal "future" style weapons. How could one incorporate things such as Damper fields, shield arrays, "cloaking" fields, phasors and plasma weapons. Obviously these things would be RND steal type runs, and all in the prototype phase. But, I'm looking at getting some hitec fencine and sabotage runs going and I would like the input from the Dumpshock genius' pool. What would AP be like? just half armor like normal lasers? Would the damage be higher?

How would energy fields work? just add some armor? would it have a threshold like a character? or just last a few turns?
Neraph
Magic.

Tech versions of Physical Barrier, Physical Chameleon, Ruthenium Polymers, and laser weapons.

I don't know how plasma weapons would work or matter, since they already have laser weapons. Functionally I'd assume them to be roughly the same.
AppliedCheese
Cloaking, at least in its prototype stages, would likely be something very akin to an actual, well, rain cloak. Right now there's a rain-coat prototype in Japan that can, from a single angle, provided no environmental interference, not moving, and with a dedicated camera, effectively provide the classic Predator "slightly blurred invisibility". Assuming research continues in that direction, its not hard to imagine that by 2072 there would be a prototype-set of loose coveralls with implemented sensors and its own PAN capable of at least providing that effect 360 degrees for slow and deliberate movement, with minor environmental factors accounted for. It would still be a bad idea to try and pull action stunts with it, as you would likely end up smearing/breaking/misaligning the sensors or the fabric...
Neraph
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Oct 10 2010, 12:18 PM) *
Cloaking, at least in its prototype stages, would likely be something very akin to an actual, well, rain cloak. Right now there's a rain-coat prototype in Japan that can, from a single angle, provided no environmental interference, not moving, and with a dedicated camera, effectively provide the classic Predator "slightly blurred invisibility". Assuming research continues in that direction, its not hard to imagine that by 2072 there would be a prototype-set of loose coveralls with implemented sensors and its own PAN capable of at least providing that effect 360 degrees for slow and deliberate movement, with minor environmental factors accounted for. It would still be a bad idea to try and pull action stunts with it, as you would likely end up smearing/breaking/misaligning the sensors or the fabric...

Go read anything about ruthenium polymers. The Chameleon Suit from the core book or the upgrade from Arsenal.
Matsci
QUOTE (Pollux710 @ Oct 10 2010, 08:03 AM) *
Gauss weapons and lasers are pretty much all I've found concerning lethal "future" style weapons. How could one incorporate things such as Damper fields, shield arrays, "cloaking" fields, phasors and plasma weapons. Obviously these things would be RND steal type runs, and all in the prototype phase. But, I'm looking at getting some hitec fencine and sabotage runs going and I would like the input from the Dumpshock genius' pool. What would AP be like? just half armor like normal lasers? Would the damage be higher?

How would energy fields work? just add some armor? would it have a threshold like a character? or just last a few turns?

Damper fields and shield arrays would probably be just super high energy plasma windows. Basically a tech version of the physical barrier spell, with enormous energy requirements. You wouldn't be seeing man portable versions till much later. Basicly, it lets you create a wall of bullet proof glass in a special contained region.

cloaking fields would either be Ruthinum polymer, or exotic materials that can be energized to gain a negative index of reflectivity. True cloaking would bee stupid, as you couldn't see out. Instead

Phasers are just microwave lasers with a fancy name, and not real tech at all.

Plasma weapons would be bigger, hotter flamethrowers, incapable of hitting anything beyond a few meters away.

Keep in mind that shadowrun has it's own tech tree, and that star trek is not real science.
Pollux710
Just looking for ideas and mechanics for said ideas. Obviously I could run rail guns and the like similar to gauss weapons. I'm getting a bit Deus Ex with my ideas.
AppliedCheese
Ruthlenium Polymers read. If that's considered the state of the art (-4 dice), then ignore my previous comments.

Short of someone developing a fully integrated material capable of bending light from 360 degrees around it, dynamically to fit its new shape every movement, cloaking would be not so much. Negative reflectivity would create a "hole" in the vision that the human mind would probably try to auto-correct out at longer ranges and in poor light conditions, but would grow more and more noticeable as the target got closer/better lit.
Yerameyahu
Phasers aren't microwave lasers. smile.gif They're Trek-tech that uses some kind of multi-dimension/warp thing.

When people say 'plasma', they might possibly mean 'plasma burners', but probably not. They probably mean 'packeted plasma' directed-energy weapons, like HALO or something. More scifi tech.

To the OP, you're probably asking the wrong questions. These things don't fit in SR. There's Eclipse Phase, maybe they're in that. There's D20 Modern-Future. Between this thread and the one about video-game power-armor, you're just not talking about SR at all.
KarmaInferno
Ruthy Polymers aren't so much invisibility as they are camouflage.

They blur out your visual image, but by themselves won't make you undetectable by sight.

Stacked with environmental & other modifiers, however, they can make a mediocre Stealth skill roll pretty good and a great Stealth roll darn near invisible.

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 10 2010, 03:11 PM) *
To the OP, you're probably asking the wrong questions. These things don't fit in SR. There's Eclipse Phase, maybe they're in that. There's D20 Modern-Future. Between this thread and the one about video-game power-armor, you're just not talking about SR at all.

Yeah, Shadowrun tech isn't so much "SCIENCE FICTION" as it is really just "Today, Slightly Advanced".

Or as a certain television show called it, "Twenty Minutes Into The Future".

-k
Yerameyahu
Really, it's the difference between 'high tech' and 'scifi tech'. In SR, the bleeding-edge stuff is genetech, nanotech, Resonance-tech, (AI, sorta), cyborgs, and manatech (including cybermancy).
Pollux710
The farthest im really looking to go is something like FEAR 2 and HALO. Though without all the SPARTANs and stuff. The prototype plasma weapon in FEAR 2, Gauss weapons from StarCraft, the StarCraft 2 armor. Just looking for mechanics input, not a starting point. These are all really great threads though, thanks for the input.
Yerameyahu
Well, gauss weapons are in the game, and feasible. I dunno if there'd be a reason to make a 'gauss assault rifle', but it's something that could exist in an R&D lab. smile.gif
Summerstorm
Hm... one could disperse lasers with some kind of "fog machine". Dispersing some nano-manufactured lighter than air foam, partially working like prisms. So if a laser gets shot into it, it just lights up and disperses the energy around.

I also read once about a real-world technology (They would made it for public speeches, integrated in the podium/stage) which would use a radar to find projectiles and try to intercept it with ceramic disks it shoots. Don't know what the stage of it is... but in SR 2071 it might work.

Projecting some kind of "Energy bubble" around you all the time is just bullcrap. It makes for good sci-fi (CAPTAIN, CAPTAIN... Deflector shields down to 20%), but just can't work, and even IF, is energy intensive as hell (Why are you protecting EVERYTHING all the time?)
Pollux710
I wasn't thinking something like a personal shield from star trek or star wars, more like a time or force limited deflection field similar to Mass Effect and HALO. But, its just an idea.
Mongoose
Vibro-blades. Monowhips. Nanites. Powerd exo-suits (military armor).

Sci-fi enough for yah?
crash2029
Star Trek phasers are actually PBW's. The fire a particle called a "nadion" that has a vairable decay rate. Depending on the how energetic the nadion is, it's decay causes different effects as it interacts with matter. If a nadion packet is fired near the end of its half-life it tends to create kinetic and quasi-electrical effects to the solid matter it contacts. This has the effect of stunning organic beings by disrupting their nervous systems and knocking them down. When the nadion packet is fired nearer to the beginning of its half-life cycle it tends to impart more heat and force. This is deadly. On highest levels the nadion interaction with matter can cause short-term nuclear bonding force nullification. As for what this has to do with SR, I don't know.

On the invisibility thing, what about quicksilver? Maybe there is a gland in the brain of bandersnatchii that secretes a chemical that when it expelled through the pores, creates their adaptive camouflage.

And finally a ray gun I came up with as a kid. It's an electric stunner. It uses a laser to ionise atmosphere between the weapon and the target. This creates a channel that a static electricity discharge can flow through, like lightning arcing toward the target. The amperage of the static discharge would be rather low as the weapon is intended to be nonlethal. The range also wouldn't be that great because as the distance gets larger the laser has to be more powerful in order to create a properly ionised pathway. If the laser is powerful enough to do that at significant range then the laser is powerful enough to cause damage by itself, which would defeat the purpose.

Mako Stun Pistol
DV: 7S(e) | AP: -1/2 | Ammo: uses battery pack | Availability: yeah, right | Range: as shotgun | Cost: you wish nuyen.gif
Yerameyahu
Heh. Someone else came up with that (a few times):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolaser
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/26/io...on_still_going/
The technology in question is a fairly old idea: that of using a laser beam to create a plasma "tunnel" or "channel" through the atmosphere which would be more conductive than ordinary air. This would allow a powerful electric spark discharge - an artificial lightning bolt - to be directed onto a target with some precision.

Mesh
Beware tech inflation.

Mesh
ProfGast
Another thing to bear in mind is why would you need X technowizard weapon/item? In many ways technology is driven first by necessity, then by innovation. Plasma guns of any grade is a neat idea, but there's no real call for them. We have things that are equally destructive, but are easier and cheaper to make, and not nearly as theoretically temperamental. In current society, railguns and coilguns are a fairly easily constructed and the theory is very sound, but we don't USE them in the military for similar reasons. Their effectiveness-to-payoff is not yet sufficient to adopt them.

I'd think that SR has very experimental versions of a lot of those, but the actual weapon stats wouldn't vary much, just the flavor. Especially in a game universe, there's no need to needlessly complicate things.
AppliedCheese
I know the first half of the "bullet radar" is on its way true. You can mount a reasonable cheap (comparatively) Boomerang System on a vehicle (usually an MRAP or HMMWV today) and it will loudly announce to you the relative
clock direction from where someone is shooting. Don't know about look down-shoot down side of it though.

I assume a millimeter radar in SR, properly tuned, can provide reasonably accurate judgment on the point of origin for a shot. Snipers beware! Though the sneaky types can let the tech out tech itself when simple remote systems cause the guys with high tech radar to start looking in the wrong direction.
KarmaInferno
Hmm... if you know the likely sounds a rifle will make when fired, shouldn't you be able to at least muffle it with an inverted sound wave?

-k
KarmaInferno
Hmm... if you know the likely sounds a rifle will make when fired, shouldn't you be able to at least muffle it with an inverted sound wave?

Or, heck, if you control the area where the target is entering, use active sound cancellation right at that spot. They might get wind something is up when everything starts going quiet, but it means they may not be able to tell where a shot is coming from even with sound-tracking sensors.

-k
Yerameyahu
Maybe? It's a complicated question, and would possibly require mics and speakers all over the place (prohibitive). Certainly harder than using magic, in the setting. Ditto for the 'active ballistic defense': magic is so much easier than hitting bullets with bullets from all angles and times.
crash2029
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 10 2010, 06:18 PM) *

Yeah. When I grew up I found out that most of the ideas I has as a kid were already thought of and were generally theorised to work along the same principles. C'est la vie.
X-Kalibur
I'm still waiting for my AT Field.
Yerameyahu
Indeed, crash2029. It's always that way. smile.gif
Brainpiercing7.62mm
Ruthenium Polymers and the SR4 chameleon suit use cameras to create an image of whatever is behind the user. SR3 was more specific on this, and the benefits were MUCH greater. However, the entire suit ended up being prohibitively expensive.

A true cloaking effect is caused by materials with a negative refractive index. This is much better than using strong magnetic fields. Many people think we are ALMOST there. The good thing about that: You could just leave out a few small spots for fibreoptics or tiny cameras to still see something. The effect would be having to spot the little dots - the rest is largely invisible. The problem: refraction is dependant on wave-length.

Plasma weapons are dumb. They might work in a vacuum.

You could create shields against projectiles by inducing a circular current in the approaching bullet via a strong, possibly rotating magnetic field. The current's counter-field pushes the bullet away at a tangent. I don't see it working too well, though.

And... the greatest secret super-tech weapon that has to be brought back is clearly... the DIKOTE Katana!!!
Kruger
QUOTE (Brainpiercing7.62mm @ Oct 12 2010, 02:47 PM) *
Shadowrun thrives on "dumb" impractical or improbably theoretech. wink.gif
Matsci
QUOTE (Brainpiercing7.62mm @ Oct 12 2010, 03:47 PM) *

A vacuum would just make the blooming worse! They might function as a short range flamethrower style anti-material weapon, but that seems somewhat pointless.
Yerameyahu
No, I don't think the -12 invis-suit in SR3 was prohibitively expensive. It was prohibitively gamebreaking, yes. smile.gif
Summerstorm
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 13 2010, 05:05 AM) *
No, I don't think the -12 invis-suit in SR3 was prohibitively expensive. It was prohibitively gamebreaking, yes. smile.gif

Only against people with no mods. You needed to pad it with insulation against infra, and had nothing against radar and sonic. It was just so the norm couldn't see you.

But yeah... having a stealthfactor of 27 (one guy once rolled that) is nice.
Yerameyahu
Well, of course. But radar and sonic were not the easiest things to get and use (harder than in SR4), and didn't it give half bonus against thermal? Something like that. So: works against normal, low-light, some thermal, and most people don't have radar (was there even UWB radar?) or ultrasound, and Astral didn't work like SR4, either. It was plenty good. smile.gif Thank god they dialed it down to -4.
WyldKnight
QUOTE (Matsci @ Oct 12 2010, 04:05 PM) *
A vacuum would just make the blooming worse! They might function as a short range flamethrower style anti-material weapon, but that seems somewhat pointless.

A powerful flamethrower could be useful against entities that can't be taken down by the kind of damage inflicted by a kinetic weapon. Something like a nano disassembler sludge maybe?
Manunancy
QUOTE (Brainpiercing7.62mm @ Oct 13 2010, 12:47 AM) *
You could create shields against projectiles by inducing a circular current in the approaching bullet via a strong, possibly rotating magnetic field. The current's counter-field pushes the bullet away at a tangent. I don't see it working too well, though.

Such a system would also have to big problems : he frist being to have a portable power source that's powerfull enough. The second is that variable magnetic fields at those power levels will mess every electronics nearby. Even optronics use some conductors and will be affected - the optical chip might be unharmed, but things like displays, alimentation and the like won't.

IT can also be rather esaily bypassed with a non-magnetic and non-conductive projectile (ceramics would be the obvious choice)
KarmaInferno
The slow bullet penetrates the shield!

grinbig.gif

-k
Brainpiercing7.62mm
QUOTE (Manunancy @ Oct 13 2010, 08:14 AM) *
Such a system would also have to big problems : he frist being to have a portable power source that's powerfull enough. The second is that variable magnetic fields at those power levels will mess every electronics nearby. Even optronics use some conductors and will be affected - the optical chip might be unharmed, but things like displays, alimentation and the like won't.

IT can also be rather esaily bypassed with a non-magnetic and non-conductive projectile (ceramics would be the obvious choice)

Who cares? I'm sitting in a severely shielded milspec powered armour, I don't care about other people's gadgets. Of course you could easily overcome an inductive shield, but how many people you know pack plastic or ceramic bullets? Even non-magnetic metals won't work, you need insulators, or you have to break the path of the circular current.

I had this in a more sci-fi game - which was freeform, anyway, so no rules -, coupling selective multi-directional anti-grav with these rotating, perfectly computer-controlled magnetic shields, a reflective coating on armour, a particle defense system (basically a high-tech smoke generator to disperse incoming radiation), and an anti-projectile laser system, all on powered armour suits. With a fusion reactor, who cares about energy requirements?

In SR? Yeah right, no, I don't think this is good, not even as future tech. I think the anti-projectile laser has promise, as well as using lasers to counter other targetting lasers (which is present-day tech already).

Another thing I would see on high-tech infantry is a "towed" missile launcher and mortar array. Basically a compact ground-mobile or hovercraft drone that stays well back (but not as far back as actual artillery) in cover and fires long range guided missiles or mortar shells autonomously at targets assigned by the infantry spotter(s). This is easily done with the current rules, no problem, but I am assuming you would need high grade piloting and gunnery softs to be able to do the blind fire, even with target designators.

The other thing I would like to see are smart bullets that can be fired around obstacles and which automatically home in on the assigned target. Basically a bullet that gives a few dice assist bonus on blind fire.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Matsci @ Oct 12 2010, 04:05 PM) *

What? You mean like a melta weapon?

QUOTE ('KarmaInferno')
The slow bullet penetrates the shield!

Heh.
crash2029
I still think harvesting a gland from the brain of Bandersnatchii that secretes the chemicals that create their adaptive camouflage would be cool. You could stick it in the brain of some SINless thief and make him work for you.
Daier Mune
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Oct 10 2010, 06:10 PM) *
And finally a ray gun I came up with as a kid. It's an electric stunner. It uses a laser to ionise atmosphere between the weapon and the target. This creates a channel that a static electricity discharge can flow through, like lightning arcing toward the target.

actually thats more-or-less a real thing. look up Laser Induced Plasma Channel (LIPC) weaponry.

Lasers are a good start, but the weapons presented in the book (and what are currently being worked on) are Ultra-Violet lasers. the real jump forward for laser technology will be the X-Ray Laser. If you can figure out how to create X-rays in large numbers, and design a lense that will focus them, you can create an incredibly powerful direct energy weapon.

as has been stated, Plasma isn't really ideal for weaponry. Personally, I think that if you have the technology capable of creating, containing and directing plamsa via magnetic fields, then you can do much better than that. Detonate a small-scale atomic reaction, and use your ultra-powerful magnetic fields to funnel the eneregy released into a beam of energy, not unlike the X-Ray laser we just discussed. If I remember my game-lore, the Battlecruisers from Starcraft had a weapon like this. Also, if you've read the Commonwealth books (Pandora's Star & Judas Unchained) you're proably familliar with the bomb-pumped-laser concept.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Daier Mune @ Oct 13 2010, 07:47 PM) *
actually thats more-or-less a real thing. look up Laser Induced Plasma Channel (LIPC) weaponry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tJF3qBWyUk

-k
Faraday
Honestly, this talk of plasma has me thinking about a lightning gun. Shoot a negative charge at target, then induce massive positive charge from gun. biggrin.gif
Daier Mune
for some reason that reminded me of a weapon from the Ringworld series of books. a magnetic beam that could suppress the electrical charge of electrons. atoms would suddenly become positively charged, and molecules would fly apart.
Yerameyahu
Slaver digger! smile.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Oct 13 2010, 04:22 PM) *
I still think harvesting a gland from the brain of Bandersnatchii that secretes the chemicals that create their adaptive camouflage would be cool. You could stick it in the brain of some SINless thief and make him work for you.

Adaptive Coloration is really bad. This would not be nearly as cool as an idea as you think it would, at least from a crunch standpoint.
Yerameyahu
smile.gif It's a long way to go to recreate a SciFi channel original. Shadowrun is magic and science, not 'science' magic.
Neraph
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 13 2010, 10:39 PM) *
Shadowrun is magic and science, not 'science' magic.

That post is 100% pure, unadulterated win. 110% if you hyphonated "science-magic" instead.
Shin

At the risk of totally ignoring the whole "non-projectile" alternate weapons requests...

The rail gun room sweeper. Automatically sound suppressed, half normal recoil (for bursts) and only -1 per uncompensated recoil (instead of the normal -2 for a heavy weapon).

I'd also be tempted to introduce a new level of burst mode, something to the effect of "Room Clearing Burst" that would either do Narrow: +10 DV, -5 defense dice or Wide: -15 to the defender's dice pool. I'd also probably allow someone to ignore some or all of the -6 Blind Fire penalty, depending on the situation, and grant the weapon +5 dice for suppressive fire purposes. Room Clearing Burst uses 50 bullets. (or you could say 100, even, for extra silliness).

Another would be the laser directed nanite swarm. Hard nanites shot in a sort of gel cap form that consume all organic material of the conceptual "object" they hit. I'd give them a rating, and have them inflict that many dice in unsoakable damage every round. Armor would count as extra health (so if I'm wearing an AP 6 cost, it would eat the first 6 points of damage before falling apart, at which points the nanites would start on me cool.gif. Of course, being an RnD weapon, the nanites recognition of what constitutes the same "object" would be imprecise, and cute cinemagraphics, like the troll being eaten by nanites hugging someone else to kill them too, etc. could be done. (Or the race to strip faster then the nanites are consuming). Also a hacker could combat hack the nanites to get them to turn off, and the right hunter-killer nanites would provide protection. The new flechette cool.gif.

Self-repairing nanite ceramic tile armor. Basically milspec style armor with an AP to body ratio that is unbalancing, tbh, with the fluff rationale that its made up of ablative ceramic tiles that get repaired by nanites.

If you really want an "energy" field, again, I'd use a nanite cloud instead. Be sort of interesting to have a nanite cloud acting like a traveller style black.. damn was that called.. Blackhole generator? Black.. field? Basically a cloud that would form up into a black sphere around you in response to ballistic attack.

Also, on the nanite swarm projectile weapons, nanite SnS. Swarms of nanites that run electric currents twixt each other, shocking the **** out of anything in their midst. Great for those pesky spirits. Or those skin link dependent runners.

And you could kind of go on and on... Sonic generatering nanite swarms, Vaccuum pressure nanite swarms... Nanites are stupidly powerful scifi fodder cool.gif.

Supercooled liquid bullets could be fun silly tech too, with a manatech angle if you wanted to go that route.

Personally I like the field generating drones as rigger attack tools. trio or quad of drones that the rigger just races around in position and turns on to generate any number of horrifying fields between. No roll to hit, just.. Are in between them or not? Other things like coordinated drone attack autosofts to minimize defensive pools (because each drone attacks simultaneously in a coordinated pattern to eliminate possible defensive action that would result in attack avoidance).

And then there's "gyrojet" projectiles, guns that fire little tiny missiles. And on and on.
ProfGast
QUOTE (Shin @ Oct 13 2010, 08:59 PM) *
The rail gun room sweeper. Automatically sound suppressed, half normal recoil (for bursts) and only -1 per uncompensated recoil (instead of the normal -2 for a heavy weapon).

I'm not completely sure I understand the idea behind this... explain?
And then there's "gyrojet" projectiles, guns that fire little tiny missiles. And on and on.

Arsenal page 40: FN-AAL Gyrojet Pistol. It exists.

Edit: Incidentally, I don't necessarily believe that non-projectile weapons are 'the way of the future.' Sure a lot of sci fi has lasers, phasers, blasters, lasguns, plasma guns, etc. However even in say, Star Wars, the basic slugthrower (read firearm) still exists (though whether Star Wars is actually a sci fi setting is arguable.)

In a great many settings, instead of improving the payload to be something nonprojectile, they simply increase the effectiveness of the weapon's propulsion system allowing for much smaller ammunition in much greater number. Mass Effect series, and the Honor Harrington series have weapons that are in some way shape or form gravity driven. John Ringo/Webers short series starting with March to the Sea have "bead rifles" which are weapons which probably work similarly to rail/coilguns but launch small metal cored ceramic beads at incredibly high velocities.

As for shields and the like, they might create some sort of "hardened" armor ability. And I suppose I should also bring up the defensive idea of "displacer fields," defenses that instead of forming an actual barrier, simply refract the image of the target to somewhere close by thereby forcing a miss.
Smokeskin
QUOTE (Shin @ Oct 14 2010, 08:59 AM) *

Why would a railgun have less recoil? It is still subject to the same physical laws of conservation of momentum which gives full recoil. The only difference is that it doesn't have expanding gas from the gun powder, which would mean slightly less recoil without a gas vent, but obviously you don't have any gas to vent to mitigate recoil either.
KarmaInferno
Well, a railgun's recoil is spread over a (relatively) longer period of time, so you won't get the "shock" kind of recoil that a firearm has. This should reduce the "felt" recoil, even if the actual recoil is the same.

This by the way is how modern day buffer recoil compensation works - it puts a hydraulic, pneumatic, or spring based piston type mechanism in the stock, which spreads out the recoil force over a longer time, which reduces the amount of recoil felt by the operator. Which makes for both steadier shooting and less fatigue.

I'm actually surprised this kid of recoil compensation isn't in Shadowrun at all, now that I think about it.

-k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012