Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberbody & limbs, VR, and Movement
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Yerameyahu
No, the whole point of that has always been for the anchor-points and leverage.

Presumably, the cybertorso can flex, though. Can you imagine if the guy's whole body was rigid from neck to hip? Ouch. Presumably, some kind of flexible or articulated material is used for the 'shell'.

Anyway, I agree that the spine, ribs, and muscles would *have* to be replaced for the cybertorso to be functional like a cyberlimb, movement-wise. And it's not a 'shell' at that point (aside: I wonder if you need blood transfusions when you no longer have any real bones…).
Ascalaphus
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 26 2010, 04:34 PM) *
Anyway, I agree that the spine, ribs, and muscles would *have* to be replaced for the cybertorso to be functional like a cyberlimb, movement-wise. And it's not a 'shell' at that point (aside: I wonder if you need blood transfusions when you no longer have any real bones…).

All you need is NERPS.
Mongoose
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 26 2010, 02:34 PM) *

Nah. First, you don't need nearly as much blood if you don't have living muscles and so on. Second, it would be fairly trivial to hook your blood stream up to an artificial organ that produced blood cells- basically just a case containing a colony of your bone marrow cells.
Yerameyahu
That's what I meant, Mongoose. smile.gif Some kind of marrow-replacement, whether internal or external. I think you're right about the less-flesh-less-blood point, but I'm saying that you have *zero* marrow. Honestly, even without the cybertorso, you've lost the majority of your blood production, right? And then you'd have your head and whole torso to feed.

Cyberware is fun to think about. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012