Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 101 things you don’t want to find in an aztechnology warehouse, but will.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
crash2029
The Runners open a box to find...

...several hundred copies of Duke Nukem Forever.
...an extremely old piece of parchment written in Hebrew. When translated it says "This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance" The rest is unreadable.
...a copy of "To serve Man."
...some old legal documents that seem to state that Ehran the Scribe used to be named Warren Spector.
...a small phial filled with a light blue liquid and labeled "Drink me." If the liquid is ingested the label changes to say "Thank you."
...a roll of bath tissue that never seems to diminish in size, no matter how much it is unrolled.
...a container of marbles labeled Tom Cruise.
...a prototype Fairlight Excaliber cyberdeck. It has a Radio Shack logo on it.
...a data storage module labeled GLADoS.
...a vintage copy of The Hobbit signed by Caimbeul.
...the source code for Miracle Shooter.
...Sheogorath.
...a shipment of Program Carriers.
...a very old, large tome. Every page is blank. Any attempt to mark, tear, mar or otherwise change the book is unsuccessful. Every now and then you feel like the tome is watching you. Even though that is just silly. Isn't it?
Aku
A deck of playing cards, that include instructions to only draw 1 card at a time, which, when does, produces random effects.

A small white kitten, in a box.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Aku @ Nov 13 2010, 09:54 AM) *
A small white kitten, in a box.

Is there also a poison dispenser which may or may not have triggered?

-k
Neraph
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Nov 12 2010, 03:40 PM) *
...Sheogorath.

hehehehehehehe.
Aku
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Nov 13 2010, 10:29 AM) *

-k

nope, just a cute, cuddly kitten biggrin.gif
Saint Sithney
An 'employee of the month' wall covered with severed heads in varying degrees of decomposition.
3 sexually-trained donkeys.
Several cases of Anaconda Malt Liquor.
Box after box filled with calipers, clipboards, and empty nuka-cola bottles.
Dikoted lawn darts.
$200,000 in Spesmilos.
Sesix
A large cage with a giant bug spirit in it, written on the cage: His Divine Shadow.
Malbur
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Nov 13 2010, 11:25 AM) *
An 'employee of the month' wall covered with severed heads in varying degrees of decomposition.
3 sexually-trained donkeys.
Several cases of Anaconda Malt Liquor.
Box after box filled with calipers, cliipboards, and empty nuka-cola bottles.
Dikoted lawn darts.
$200,000 in Spesmilos.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NO EMPTY NUKA-COLA BOTTLES. TAKE IT BACK!

Joking aside, yeah. I hate boxes in fallout. I rarely ever check them.
HunterHerne
Empty, metahuman sized medical tanks with the character`s names under them.
Ascalaphus
An enthusiastic crowd and a showhost who congratulates the characters on achieving such a good score on So You Think You Can Run?, and then deactivates their personafix chips, turning them back into Joe Wageslave & Friends.
RelentlessImp
A Force 20 Blood Spirit. And the Blood Mage that binds it on a regular basis.

Twin six-to-ten year old girls in identical dresses, each holding the arm of a teddy bear between them. When they see the PCs, they request the PCs come play with them. Forever, and ever, and ever.

An old jukebox full of records that each hold what seems like the same song, complete with haunting violins, bagpipes, and organwork. The lyrics are in latin, though anyone with passing knowledge in Latin would quickly figure out that they're spouting gibberish. If they play the records backwards, in sequence (from last to first), they find it's a recorded summoning ritual... and they wind up summoning the spirit of President Dunkelzahn. Or a reasonable facsimile.

A Toxic Spirit and a Blood Spirit working together.
Mayhem_2006
A clone.

Of yourself.

Labelled "33 of 400"
Doc Chase
QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Nov 15 2010, 04:37 PM) *

Can they both have aviator sunglasses, one with muttonchops and the other with a goatee?

They fight crime.
Neraph
QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Nov 15 2010, 09:37 AM) *

A toxic/blood/insect spirit. Or at least a Quicksilver Mana Sensitive photo of one.
Kumo
Bun-bun.
Draco18s
Roger Rabbit.
sabs
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Nov 15 2010, 08:55 PM) *
Roger Rabbit.

Jessica Rabbit
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (Sesix @ Nov 14 2010, 02:18 AM) *
A large cage with a giant bug spirit in it, written on the cage: His Divine Shadow.

I'll bite, what warehouse is the necroblood in?
Doc Chase
QUOTE (sabs @ Nov 15 2010, 08:57 PM) *
Jessica Rabbit

No no, this is the thread of the things you don't want to find.

She's not bad, she's just drawn that way.
Kumo
Bun-bun standing on bloody remains of Roger Rabbit and... hell, I don't even want to think what would he do with Jessica Rabbit dead.gif
Doc Chase
Ugh. Tangenital maybe, but I find Bun-Bun to be one of the worst thought out comic characters in existence. The best advances in the story arc and background of that damn strip happen when the rabbit is nowhere near them.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Nov 15 2010, 04:11 PM) *
Ugh. Tangenital maybe, but I find Bun-Bun to be one of the worst thought out comic characters in existence. The best advances in the story arc and background of that damn strip happen when the rabbit is nowhere near them.

Now you know what I think about Billy* in the The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

*And Fred Fredburger. For (fortunately) shows up with less frequency.
Doc Chase
Yes. He should've been cleaned out of the gene pool by his own actions long ago.
icedrake
What about the remains of some old world war two crypto paraphernalia, which includes some of Allen Turing's journals on their efforts to to solve Enigma? Somewhere within the journals there could be further information about his thoughts on the Turing machines and how to create some better software...
Lantzer
If you use a random Aztechnology warehouse, it's likely the box is whatever the barcode says it is. Aztechnology is possibly the biggest consumer-products retailer in the world. Odds of it being something icky are small in a distribution warehouse.

Weird stuff is kept someplace safe, usually.

Now in a factory that produces computer terminals, you have a few more options, because small runs of specialty equipment could have been programmed into the fabricators and and are awaiting shipping, with labels that for legal and inventory reasons could be mistaken for ordinary terminals.

So that box could be:
1) Security grade Cyberdecks destined for the black market.
2) Ordinary-looking terminals for a test market that include experimental psychotropic conditioning chips to increase consumer loyalty.
3) Disposable one-shot firewall crackers/ ice breakers aimed at a particular competitor operating system. (for sale on the street)
4) Computers (like it says on the box)
5) Whoops - The box was mislabeled. It's actually a case of the new Aztech-Atari 6000x simsense game system - configured for sale in California.
Raiki
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Nov 13 2010, 12:29 PM) *

-k

/Hero.

I love it when quantum physics comes up on an RPG board. +1 Rep Karma.

~R~
Draco18s
QUOTE (Raiki @ Nov 15 2010, 08:14 PM) *
I love it when quantum physics comes up on an RPG board. +1 Rep Karma.

Quantum foam makes me roam.
Khadajico
I have always like the wander around the warehouse to find an open empty box.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Khadajico @ Nov 16 2010, 08:37 AM) *
I have always like the wander around the warehouse to find an open empty box.

I've done that.

Well, sort of. I was wandering around an empty office building looking for an empty box to help my dad put stuff in so that his office would be boxed up so the painters could come in and paint the interior.

I've also wandered around a warehouse (read: backroom of a furniture store) looking for a single item. From that you should be able to deduce the state of said warehouse (read: backroom). Interestingly enough we did discover that nightstand 3 hours later (after the customer had left because we said "the computer says its back there, but we can't find it"). Amazingly it WAS where the computer said it was (and the reason we didn't find it is because "where it was" was the bottom of a disorganized pile of other boxes assigned to the same location*).

*A "location" being a 10 foot wide, 50 foot long strip of floor stacked "as high as you can reach, stand on another box if you have to."**
**To this day I'm surprised no one called OSHA.
Khadajico
I have worked in a supermarket with a backroom like that.

You could get lost for hours if you were not careful, and you always had to be on the lookout for feral cans of dog food.
Draco18s
Couldn't get lost in this place, it wasn't that large.

Though one week we didn't have any place to put the incoming shipment so we "stack it in the isles, we'll clean it up later" like usual and it stayed that way for two weeks.

There was also one stack of boxes that went up some 30 or 40 feet, left over from when they had a cherry picker when the building first opened. No one could get anything down from it. Fortunately the boxes were all identical and very large (dressers?), so weren't likely to fall over.
Neraph
BTL recordings of a mother's displeasure with her child's performance in school.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 16 2010, 11:50 AM) *
BTL recordings of a mother's displeasure with her child's performance in school.

BTL of a mother giving birth. To a 9.5 pound baby. Over the course of 9 hours. Unedited.
sabs
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Nov 16 2010, 05:58 PM) *
BTL of a mother giving birth. To a 9.5 pound baby. Over the course of 9 hours. Unedited.

That won't let you turn it off.
Raiki
QUOTE (sabs @ Nov 16 2010, 01:59 PM) *
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Nov 16 2010, 01:58 PM) *

That won't let you turn it off.

Oh god, BTL Malware. Now look what you've started!

~R~
Draco18s
QUOTE (Raiki @ Nov 16 2010, 12:06 PM) *
Oh god, BTL Malware. Now look what you've started!

Oh please. There's always been BTL malware.
(I think they called it "snuff BTL" though)
Neraph
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Nov 16 2010, 10:58 AM) *

And no anisthetics. My little sister was nearly a 10-pounder.
Doc Chase
I'm astonished at us for not mentioning AZT security as one of the things we don't want to find in a warehouse, but will.
Ascalaphus
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Nov 16 2010, 08:20 PM) *
I'm astonished at us for not mentioning AZT security as one of the things we don't want to find in a warehouse, but will.

How could we overlook something this obvious?
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ Nov 16 2010, 07:32 PM) *
How could we overlook something this obvious?

I figured one of us smartasses would've said it by now. Since we hadn't, I took the opportunity.

Pedantic aside...aside, the darker side of AZT security - three Troll-sized refrigerated crates stenciled 'AZT CZXT-002.'
Mr. Unpronounceable
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 5 2010, 02:04 AM) *
Hitler dressed as Donald Duck.

Donald Duck dressed as Hitler.

Donald Hitler.

{turns to team}
So...does anyone know German for "for all that is holy, put some pants on!"?

but to add to the thread:
The Aztech sec team already dead, hanging upside down, with the organ(s) of your choice missing.
Inncubi
QUOTE (Mr. Unpronounceable @ Nov 16 2010, 02:06 PM) *
but to add to the thread:
The Aztech sec team already dead, hanging upside down, with the organ(s) of your choice missing.

And a single three year old girl jumping rope with the guards bowels innocently.

She smiles and asks the runners to come play with her "Pretty please?"
Draco18s
QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 16 2010, 01:03 PM) *
And no anisthetics. My little sister was nearly a 10-pounder.

I was 9 pounds 6, if I recall correctly.
Fortunately I wanted out (my sister on the other hand took 10+ hours at something like 6-7 pounds).

Mom would rather have another of me than another of her. Which is why I combined both.
Doc Chase
Somewhere in the same range. 23 hours.

Apparently I was rather comfortable.
crash2029
During my birth my Mom crushed my Dad's wedding ring while holding his hand. Apparently she also demanded several times that he take it back. Just after I was born, around 1 am my Mom was rushed into surgery in order to prevent exsanguination. I was pressed into the arms of my Grandma who sat in the hall for close to an hour before a nurse came over and realized that the latest newborn had not had his eyes cleaned out. Apparently it is luck that she walked by when she did because if I had gone any longer without treatment there was a very good chance of permanent blindness. Since I already had a form of infant osteogenesis imperfecta that would have been pure icing on the crap cake. All in all, though, it worked out and now the epic of my birth is a favorite family tale. Like the time I accidentally created chlorine gas in an enclosed environment, or the first time I discovered white-out. Ah, memories.
HunterHerne
I figure, the reason no one mentioned AZT security, is because if the run of the mill wage-slaves were on site, nothing that bad could be in the warehouse.
Angelone
A box of Shocking Dragon Pink Millipedes. They are bright pink millipedes that SHOOT CYANIDE!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012