Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First character
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Karoline
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 15 2010, 05:11 AM) *
Actually no. Only the highest armor rating applies, and this is also used to calculate encumbrance.

Bye
Thanee

I'm afraid the book disagrees with you:
If a character is wearing multiple armor items,
add their ratings together before comparing to Body.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 14 2010, 08:38 PM) *
Doesn't the encumbrance stack? Would be a rather huge penalty.

Yes, the encumbrance would indeed stack, which is why you would not want to do that... 14 points of Ballistic Encumbrance and 10 points Impact Encumbrance would be attrocious (Max of 6)... You would be the Michelin Man in that case... -4 Reaction and Agility just for the Ballistic encumbrance (8 point difference), not to mention the additional -2 for the Impact Penalties (If you do those sorts of things)... why would you want to?
Zyerne
Max worn armour without penalties on 3 body is 8/7 I believe.

Number of ways to get it but there's a 4/2 Longcoat (Arsenal) you can use as a starting point if you need the concealbility bonus of a Lined Coat
Halinn
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Nov 16 2010, 04:39 AM) *
Max worn armour without penalties on 3 body is 8/7 I believe.

9/7, actually

There are a variety of ways to get there, but stack some armor and some Securetech PPP to get 3/5, then put on a 6/2 Form-Fitting Body Armor
Zyerne
So it is. I was basing it off the Longcoat for the concealabilty. Not sure if you can get 9/7 with the concealability bonus.
Halinn
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Nov 16 2010, 07:15 AM) *
So it is. I was basing it off the Longcoat for the concealabilty. Not sure if you can get 9/7 with the concealability bonus.

There's the Synergist Suit Jacket if you're just after a concealed holster. Otherwise, yeah, it's the 8/7 armor of a Synergist Longcoat stacked with PPP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012