Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LOS with cyber radar sensors?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Ascalaphus
But is it so unbalancing? IIRC, radar uses the same visibility modifiers as ultrasound. When is radar/ultrasound better than thermographic?

Partial Light: -1 instead of -2 (Astral Sight: -0)
Glare: -0 instead of -1 (Astral Sight: -0)
Thermal Smoke: -2 instead of -6 (Astral Sight: -0)

In rain conditions, thermographic is actually better than ultrasound/radar.
Stahlseele
It
is
better
when
you
want
to look
through
stuff
NOTHING ELSE IN THE BOOKS ALLOWS THIS!
Ascalaphus
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ Dec 21 2010, 02:53 AM) *
Well, radar and ultrasound would have some minor advantages compared to astral sight; not having to spend an action to activate, and no penalties for interacting with the physical world, mostly.

Still, I don't think that's all that overpowered; you're paying Essence after all. As long as you insist that even radar won't let you spellcast through walls, I think it wouldn't really make such a big difference to let mages cast with radar/ultrasound. Radar and ultrasound still impose some visibility penalties after all.

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 21 2010, 02:39 PM) *
It
is
better
when
you
want
to look
through
stuff
NOTHING ELSE IN THE BOOKS ALLOWS THIS!

You should read more carefully. If you forbid spellcasting through walls, is radar really OP compared to thermographic? I don't really see why. And that's certainly not an argument against ultrasound, because ultrasound doesn't let you see through walls in the first place. The power difference is really pretty niche.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012