Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SPEESSSS MEHREEENS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
hermit
To not hijack the weird characters thread more than I already have, here'S this:

I want to stat out Space Marines and Primarchs, using SR rules. I think that totally should be possible, and already did so, but for SR3. SR4 offers even more stuff, so it should be easier.

Suggestions?
WyldKnight
Gene tweaking, gene tweaking everywhere. Can you do it for all the stats? Because in this case I think it's expected.
hermit
I think it should be possible. All those implants save for the oesophagus and the progenids have equivalents in SR.
Stahlseele
What does the oesophagus do again?
Furthermore, from the size they should be Trolls. The Giant Meta Variant for example.
But big Orks with Human looking might work too.
And regarding their super intelligence . . doesn't seem all that impressive to me <.<
hermit
I'm iffy on trolls because of the Log/Int mali. Marines are supposed to be smart (that their game is all about running into close combat isn't their fault, they just get the shit jobs). If metas, more like really, really large elves without pointy ears. But I'd like to go with humans, 'Kill The Mutant!' and all that.
Stahlseele
Well, even if i read up on the fluff of them, they all don't really strike me as genius level intellects . .
They are portrayed as brash, vain, too proud, mulishly head strong, fast learners and brooding thinkers.
They excell at the charisma stuff more than the thinking stuff it seems to me.
Udoshi
Honestly, this is where you break open Running Wild's genetic-critter stuff, and just go NUTS applying it to humans.

And they're all pretty much some form of Adept, too. Some Mystic, some not.

Primarchs really don't fit into any metahuman race so far. They're just That Much above everyone else. I'd consider using regular Dragons as a base for stats. (consider the april fools rules as a start, just chop out the wings, the dragon magic/metamagics, and make them look human).
Stahlseele
Hmm . . Drake without the ability to change into Dragon-Form?
hermit
Drakes really cannot do anything. Like the critter genetics idea though. I'll look into that.
Stahlseele
Hmm . . okay.
I still say surged Ork or Troll for the body because of their strength and stamina and human looking.
Yerameyahu
I mean, obviously they're not space marines, etc. But an SR4 thing inspired by the concept, yes. smile.gif
hermit
Stamina, yes, but I think I can cover that with going crazy on metagenics.

And of course it won't be with the background (though I HAVE been thinking about a 40.000 Karma Dragonslayer mystical adept who created them from his mountain base in Anatolia).
Stahlseele
No no, the Big E himseld would be the Big D himself *nods*
hermit
Big D is a free spirit named Lethe.
Stahlseele
I know.
But he would also be perfect for the Big E.
hermit
Not really, Big E is far mroe bellicose and intent on direct conquest. Big E is, essentially, SuperConan IN SPACE!
Stahlseele
Hmm, Big L then?
hermit
Big L is more like ... I dunno. That guy they keep under the Mechanicum.
Stahlseele
Okay. Then we are kinda out of wizeworms i'd think capable of something like that.
hermit
Big L is way too much into industry and being worshipped to be Big E. 40.000 Karma Dragonslayer mage. Immortal.
Stahlseele
Hrm . . Harley would not fit the Images . . What about Ehran for example?
Someone who has political ambition and his own crusade to fight?
hermit
None of the elves ghas that combo. The closest thing to Big E would be Nachtmeister, who ... is dead. But he had the whole let's make mutant super soldiers down, the secrecy and the uncompromising idea of doing what they do.
Stahlseele
Hrm . . Brilight would be too much of a peacenick to do it i guess, even if he had the scientifical part down pat . .
hermit
Yes. Big E is Brightrlight's mad genius, Alachia's power drive, Aina's stubborn superhero attitude and Erhan's artistic qualitites, and Lugh's leadership skills. Basically.

Nachtie would fit best. Or it's really Big E who's behind Proteus, directing the conspiracy from the ultra super secret arcology in the Himalayans.
Stahlseele
Hmm . . now i am thinking IE Genetics and Eugenics after that first sentence O.o
hermit
Hehe. Makes for a cute campaign. "Collect tissue samples of htese five people."
Stahlseele
. . you are one sadistic being you know that? O.o *snickers*
That's worse than the thing with the fruit cakes ^^
Udoshi
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 6 2011, 01:49 PM) *
Hmm . . Drake without the ability to change into Dragon-Form?

I was thinking more along the lines of dragon without the ability to change into dragon form, actually. Screw drakes.

If you look at the feats of primarchs, there's one thing in common: they get scattered throught the cosmos, land, grow up, and are basically the best at -something- on their -planet- within a few years, mostly to the shock and awe of their human relatives.

If you're looking at somewhat accurately statting primarchs within shadowrunverse, a surged troll just isn't going to cut it.

Not to mention most of them have some measure of psychic ability, or resistance to it. I don't think anyone in 40k really has the ability to astrally project, so Magician doesn't quite fit, which is why i suggested Adept earlier.
hermit
Not to mention most of them have some measure of psychic ability, or resistance to it. I don't think anyone in 40k really has the ability to astrally project, so Magician doesn't quite fit, which is why i suggested Adept earlier.

Depends on what you think the Warp is, really.

I'd go with adept or mystical adept for them.

Special abilities I know:
Sanguinus - can see the fututre. Also, functional SURGE wings
Lion'el Jonson - has animal empathy
Konrad Curze - can see the future too
Corax - can turn invisible.
Alpharius/Omegon - share a soul
Magnus - has magic, can see the future. Also, SURGE skin color.
Fulgrim - super pretty. also can kill gods with bare hands.
Pertuberato - is, uh, black
Jaghatai Khan - none
Leman Russ - arguably animal empathy again.
Rogal dorn - none
Ferrus Manus - nanoskin on hands and forearms, can weld steel with hands only
Angron - rage inducing cybernetics, extra power
Roboute Guillaume - none
Mortarion - immunity (disease), dependent on toxic atmosphere
Horus - well, none, pre-heresy
Lorgar - gold-plated skin
Vulkan - is ... uh, black, too
Jareth Valar
Funny you should start this thread Hermit, I was going to PM you and see if you were interested in sharing your ideas. (Would have done it earlier, but I had to work this weekend) grinbig.gif

I actually have someone playing a character implanted with the geneseed in my campaign. I have an overall arch that involves ALLOT of 40k crossover/4th world/horrors. Glad to share if interested, but will not spam this thread with all that unless asked.

I have been working on SM's being a template/meta variant similar in function to Changelings, and Infected. I have been doing stats on all of the implants as separate pieces instead of my original thought (also in 3rd Ed) and going with pre-existing pieces of ware. These I will gladly share once I re-compile ,my notes.

Big and small of the SM's is Ares found something on Mars....and were finally able to clone a viable copy of the geneseed, and successfully implant it. Thus Project Spartan was born (NO this is not a Halo rip off, it just fits with the whole Ares iconography) and is still in it's infancy.

They have experimented on the common meta's (including Troll....wasn't pretty)

Anyway, I'll compile what I have been doing and post if anyone is interested.

As for Primarchs?...not even going there.
Stahlseele
Magnus the Red is also an immensly capable psyker. And a Cyclops. Backt at Troll-Metavariant nyahnyah.gif ^^

Yes please, post all of it here, i wanna see.
Jareth Valar
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 7 2011, 01:28 PM) *
Yes please, post all of it here, i wanna see.

Stats for my SM's? or My whole background story? eek.gif
Teryon
Id like to see both as well, being an avid 40k fan(at least of the fluff).
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Jareth Valar @ Jan 7 2011, 08:03 PM) *
Stats for my SM's? or My whole background story? eek.gif

*evil voice* All of them . .
hermit
Thirded. All of it.

Also, Magnus is not a cyclops, he just lost one eye. I dunno, an enslaver stole it or some Warp horror ate it or something. He got more Warp lovin' than anyone else after all.
Stahlseele
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Magnus
Magnus, as an infant, was dropped onto the remote colony world of Prospero. He was incredibly fortunate to land here, as anywhere else his cyclopean eye would have made him an outcast, shunned and hunted.
hermit
In good GW tradition, Prospero Burns totally does away with that.
scarius
Personaly I find the SM's to be a bit stupid, because they have "lost" all this tech that they are only just starting to get back.
hermit
That's a feature of the world they live in - tech loss is wanted save for with the Mechanicus. They have preserved more than others, even, despite that pissing off the Cult of Tech Support.
Jareth Valar
QUOTE (scarius @ Jan 8 2011, 02:40 AM) *
Personaly I find the SM's to be a bit stupid, because they have "lost" all this tech that they are only just starting to get back.

It's an analogy to our own dark ages, where the powers that be kept the general populous ignorant and superstitious, needing to trust their superiors concerning all things scientific and spiritual.

The Space Marines did not follow the general teaching that the Emperor is truly divine, they think he was the greatest of them, but not a god. So they did not loose as much.

However, the Adeptus Mechanicus are the only ones who "truly" understand the "Machine Spirit" (ahem...programming...ahem) of technology. They have spiritualized the concept of technology for a long time, and have kept the deeper secrets available only to those of the cult. They have taken this to the extreme and it is thought that even complex mechanical items have a spirit. (when a gun jams, the machine spirit is upset with you, and the like). It's also thought by some (me included) that even Techmarines hold more loyalty to the Adeptus Mechanicus than their own chapter. So they hold ALLOT of power.

So you have a convoluted power struggle within Adeptus Terra (Ecclesiarchy, Inquisition, Adeptus Mechanicus, etc.). Mixed in with the corrupting influence of Chaos, the aggressive Xeno races (Necron, Orks, Dark Eldar, and Tyranids), and the subtler influences of the Tau and Craftworld Eldar. Fun stuff.

Anyway, there is ALLOT more to it than I posted, but this is the gist of it, IMHO. (Yes, I know I over generalized but.... nyahnyah.gif )
Jareth Valar
OK. This has evolved over several years, and a few things have to be understood (in my universe anyway). The Milky Way is NOT the 40k galaxy in my game, it was oing to be Canis Major before they made more discoveries about it. Still might be, I'd just have to make it a little larger and not as degraded. Anyway, it could easily work as any of the other close neighbors (Sagitarius, Magellanic Cloud, or even Andromeda) I chose Canis Major, specifically, because it was currently colliding with our galaxy.

Also, it was the 41st Century during the 2nd age of Earth in mine as well.

Well, here goes...

[ Spoiler ]
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 7 2011, 11:02 AM) *
Exactly. In "A Thousand Sons" IIRC at least Ahriman projected his conciousness into the warp and Magnus entered bodily into the Immaterium even before corruption.

I'd go with adept or mystical adept for them.

QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 7 2011, 11:02 AM) *
Horus - well, none, pre-heresy
In the First two books Horus was described as very charismatic even amongst the Primarchs. So he could be a social adept.

@Jareth Valar: Interesting amalgam of fictional universes.
hermit
In the First two books Horus was described as very charismatic even amongst the Primarchs. So he could be a social adept.

And he is super powerful, yes, so he could be a physad with a social slant. Yes.
Jareth Valar
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jan 9 2011, 11:47 AM) *
@Jareth Valar: Interesting amalgam of fictional universes.

Thank you. I have allot more detail than I listed here, and have been running/playing in this for some time now. So far it blends nicely (according to my players anyway).

I am still interested in other peoples renditions though, as I cannot claim mine are the end all and be all. Hell, I even retooled some things when one of my players pointed out some inconsistencies.

As for the Primarchs, I would even consider breaking the normal cap rules and build them closer to Dragons capabilities (i.e. Sorcery of 12 and all that) or make them their own race and have their attributes high and modified even higher. Sorry, I like to have a clear formula and path to my creations. Even if they are never PC playable, I like the...tidyness? of the process.
Ryu
I would just go with augmented Fomori in MilSpec armor carrying Gauss weapons, led by augmented Fomori spellcasters and adepts.

For augmentation I would use delta-grade bioware and cyber senseware. Synaptic Accelerator 3, Muscle Aug/Toner 4, Suprathyroid Gland, Synthacardium 3, Extended Volume 3, Orthoskin 3, a whole bunch of Reflex Recorders, Cybereyes/ears. Spice with solid combat skills to taste and you get a soldier that can move in heavy MilSpec armor GRACEFULLY.
Udoshi
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 7 2011, 03:02 AM) *

No, i meant it quite literally. Very few people in 40k are capable of detaching their spirit and wandering around the galaxy while their body sits in a corner somewhere. Typically, psykers influence the warp in person. Adept/Mysadept fits a lot more than Magician.

Granted, many super-powerful psykers can influence things on a planetary or galactic scale, but thats definitely not astral projection - its much more akin to ritual magic.
Just incredibly well developed and useful ritual magic, completely unlike the SR4 ritual magic system.

The Charisma Thing is also something to play up. Space Marines in general are people that humanity in generally looks up to. Primarchs, even more so. After all, they were created to be great leaders.
hermit
No, i meant it quite literally. Very few people in 40k are capable of detaching their spirit and wandering around the galaxy while their body sits in a corner somewhere. Typically, psykers influence the warp in person. Adept/Mysadept fits a lot more than Magician.

Psykers can (it will only kill them), and Farseers can. But yes, the vast bulk of people will be Adepts/Mystadepts. Much like in Earthdawn, where astral scouting apparently also needs to be bought.

The Charisma Thing is also something to play up. Space Marines in general are people that humanity in generally looks up to. Primarchs, even more so. After all, they were created to be great leaders.

Yeah. Primarchs get the Glamour power. Space Marines probably just high charisma (by chapter though, being a Doom Hawk or Raven Guard certainly detracts somewhat).
Nerdynick
I wrote this up awhile back in my free time:

Space Marine Organs
All implants are Deltaware
Larraman’s Organ- Platelet Factories
.1 Essence
250,000 nuyen
Occulobe- Cat’s Eyes and Nictitating Membranes and Reaction Enhancer (3)
.4 Essence
695,000 nuyen
Secondary Heart- Synthacardium (3) [Bicardiac Metagenetic Quality if possible]
.15 Essence
300,000 Nuyen
Biscopea- Muscle Augmentation (4) and Muscle Toner (1)
.1 Essence
280,000 nuyen
Oolitic Kidney- Nephritic Screen (4) and Toxin Extractor (6)
.8 Essence
1,600,000 nuyen
Preomnor- Digestive Expansion
.25 Essence
200,000 nuyen
The Black Carapace- Datajack
.05 Essence
5,000 Nuyen
Haemastamen- Pathogenic Defense (6) and Symbiotes (3) and Trauma Damper
.7 Essence
1,300,000 nuyen
Multi-Lung- Extended Volume (3) and Gills and Tracheal Filter (6)
.85 Essence
1,140,000 nuyen
Lyman’s Ear- Hearing Enhancement
.05 Essence
50,000 nuyen
Sus-an Membrane- Metabolic Arrester
.15 Essence
100,000 nuyen
Betcher’s Gland- Chemical Gland (Spit, Acid rating 6)
.2 Essence
330,000 nuyen
Ossmodula- Bone Density Augmentation (4) and Suprathyroid Gland
.95 Essence
1,250,000 nuyen
Neuroglottis- Bioware Versions of Olfactory Booster (6) and Taste Booster (6)
.2 Essence
150,000 nuyen
Catalepsean Node- Sleep Regulator
.075 Essence
100,000 nuyen
Mucranoid- Orthoskin (3) w/ Smart Insulation and Dragon’s Hide
.475 Essence
1,090,000 Nuyen
Omophagea- Not Available

Total Essence Cost: 5.5
Total Nuyen Cost: 8,840,000

Power Armor
Heavy Military Armor- 42,500 Nuyen
Strength Upgrade (3)
Mobility Upgrade (3)
Gyromount
Chemical Seal
Thermal Damping (3)
Military Helmet- 19,700 Nuyen
Rating 6 Commlink
Camera
Flare Compensation
Image Link
Smartlink
Thermographic Vision
Vision Magnification
Ultrasound Sensor
Total Nuyen Cost: 62,200
Stahlseele
Not bad O.o
Dakka Dakka
Looks good, except that such marines seem a bit slow, given that they ony have 1 IP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012