Full Version: SPEESSSS MEHREEENS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
CanRay
Now I just want to know how orks turn into Orkz. nyahnyah.gif
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 6 2011, 05:52 PM) *
High Physical Attributes, high (close) combat skills, SURGE (Larger Tusks, Ogre stomach, Berserker, Striking Skin Pigmentation. Possibly Attribute Modification).
I don't know how to represent the Powers of a large ork mob (Red Ones Go Faster, stuff works because they think it works) or their method of reproduction though.
Stahlseele
Make them Adepts.
Their way of reproduction is basically involountary cloning by living in a symbiotic way with algea.
weblife
Very cool. I'll use some of this in my campaign for sure. smile.gif
CanRay
And now my Accountant From Hell's car needs red pinstripes on it's jet-black paint job. Just in case he has an ork riding shotgun.
hermit
Actually, SR Orks are Beastmen, as Trolls are Ogryn.

@Nerdynick: fantastic! However, I'd add a Vehicle Control Rig to the Black Carapace, and I have an idea for the Omophagaea: an awakened symbiote with innate magical ability (Eidetic Memory, only organic tissue) and a DNI interface.
Nerdynick
Well, I was trying to keep it as RAW as possible. And even with them all being deltaware, those take up 5.5 Essence
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 6 2011, 02:17 PM) *
Make them Adepts.
Their way of reproduction is basically involountary cloning by living in a symbiotic way with algea.

Yeah, WH Orks have no man (or woman) bits.

-k
hermit
QUOTE (Nerdynick @ Mar 13 2011, 10:37 PM) *
Well, I was trying to keep it as RAW as possible. And even with them all being deltaware, those take up 5.5 Essence

But the Marine feels through his armor and moves in ti like it's own body (according to Deathwatch Core Rules at least). That's where I got the idea from in the first place, and that also gives the Marine the IP he needs to be actually viable in Shadowrun as the uber warrior he is supposed to be.

The Osetophagus needs magic, though. FWIW, according to First HEretic, Space Marines were created with EVIL MAGIC anyway.
Irion

Well, this would be even worse than the Zombie apocalypse, from the ghule thread. Given their means of reproduction.
hermit
It would also be an even worse moment of derp than War!

Seriously, the Orks of Warhammer are even more stupid than the Squats were.
Grinder
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 14 2011, 02:59 PM) *
It would also be an even worse moment of derp than War!

Seriously, the Orks of Warhammer are even more stupid than the Squats were.

What? We need more details on both points, dude! grinbig.gif
hermit
Squats and Orks?

40K Orks are a race of green mushrooms that run around and fight for no apparent reason and speak something between badly imitated Afroamerican Accent and Lolspeak. Their stuff works because they believe in it, and their general mood misses the rest of the universe's mood widely ever since 2nd edition, when 40K stopped to want to be like Hitchhiker's Guide with guns and decided it really wants to be Star Wars with a much more gloomy attitude. Orks were kept because some fans like their models (personally, I think the models in generallook stupid, but that's only me)

Squats are perpetually drunk biker dwarfs (on beer brewed from algae living in their beards) who wight with pipe wrenches and operate weird machinery. They were eaten by Tyrannids (something like the creature from Alien, as a locust swarm) in 2nd or 3rd Edition. Unlike Orks, their models never were widely popular, so they were destroyed and never spoken of again.
Stahlseele
Well, there is both an ingame and an out of game reason for both the destruction of squats and the behaviour of da orkz.
in game reason for orks: they were made that way by the ancients. deal with it.
From Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society by Uthan the Perverse, a controversial Eldar philosopher
QUOTE (Uthan the Perverse @ Mar 14 2011, 06:19 PM) *
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn? And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

They are the only really HAPPY race in the universe.

out game reason for them: players like to make fun of the grim grimdark darkness of the grim 40th and dark century. also, grimdark!
hermit

Maybe, but they're not the kind of joke I find *funny* - they try too hard to be both ridiculous and intimidating. And that Lolspeak. Seriously.
ggodo
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 14 2011, 12:13 PM) *
Well, there is both an ingame and an out of game reason for both the destruction of squats and the behaviour of da orkz.
in game reason for orks: they were made that way by the ancients. deal with it.
From Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society by Uthan the Perverse, a controversial Eldar philosopher

out game reason for them: players like to make fun of the grim grimdark darkness of the grim 40th and dark century. also, grimdark!

They're also a warrior race designed to be an undefeatable foe to the Necrons who will never care about anything other than fighting.

This would've worked better if the rest of the Orkz didn't view the leadership caste as cowards for using tactics.
hermit
They're also a warrior race designed to be an undefeatable foe to the Necrons who will never care about anything other than fighting.

Necrons which were retconned in in 2E. Including the C'tan. I don't deny they're rooted in the setting, I'm just saying their entire concept is not fitting with the rest of the pieces. they would work far better with the Races of Hitchhiker's.
Stahlseele
i think i remember there being an official occassion, where orks won against a tyrannid hive fleet . . THAT i thought was a bit too extreme.
Teryon
I thought it was more a case of 'splinter fleet driven to ork planet, both sides currently trying to out-WAAAGH eachother' sort of deal. We'd find out in like 3-400yrs which side won. *shrug* I like Da Boyz. Only race in fiction Id actually get along with without thinking they were condescending, egotistical, stupid, xenophobic for no good reason, or any other sort of deal-breaker. Now Dark Eldar..there's a bunch we could get rid of.
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 14 2011, 08:02 PM) *
i think i remember there being an official occassion, where orks won against a tyrannid hive fleet . . THAT i thought was a bit too extreme.

Even an MBA can get something right if he tries often enough.

Apologies to any MBAs out there, but I worked IT. Blame it on your fellow MBAs for my opinion.
ggodo
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 14 2011, 01:05 PM) *
Necrons which were retconned in in 2E. Including the C'tan. I don't deny they're rooted in the setting, I'm just saying their entire concept is not fitting with the rest of the pieces. they would work far better with the Races of Hitchhiker's.

I didn't know the fluff back then, but I'm sort of the self proclaimed loremaster of my circles of friends and I've tracked down some really old stuff that has some things that sound pretty Necron. Well, sound rather C'tan and proto-Necron. I'm not saying that they planned the "Orkz is for fightan tha skul botz" thing from the start, because that would imply that they'd planned any of it, but it sounds like there were Necronish hints dropped in the fluff before, and picked they picked the Necrons to be fleshed out next. Or they picked Necrons and placed those hints, or the stuff I've found is 2nd edition and Necrons were already out that's all very possible, and considering how many retcons and bad decisions have been mixed into that pot over the years, I couldn't tell you what's actually true. I just like the explanation that the warrior race didn't respect its leaders and went feral.

With regards to Orkz fighting Nids, last time I checked they're still fighting that one. both sides reproduce at about the same rate, so neither side seems to be getting an upper hand. This has been going on for centuries, the Orkz love it.
hermit
I've tracked down some really old stuff that has some things that sound pretty Necron. Well, sound rather C'tan and proto-Necron.

The Man of Iron? Yes, that was a prelimninary Necron design (essentially, Cylons) that was dropped because they just weren't grimdark enough, so they made them Living Metal Cylon Zombies controlled by Star Gods who eat souls. Because that's just more grimdark.

stuff I've found is 2nd edition

That's the "Eldar really are metahumans" era, right? With Half-Eldar inquisitors and stuff?

As for the LOLrkz ... well, that's back from the days of Inquisitor Obi-Wan Sherlock-Clouseau. Only they were Space Orks back then.
Stahlseele
With regards to Orkz fighting Nids, last time I checked they're still fighting that one. both sides reproduce at about the same rate, so neither side seems to be getting an upper hand. This has been going on for centuries, the Orkz love it.

Ah okay. And of course they love it ^^
Another group of Orks went straight through the gate of Cadia, fighting on all the Fortress Worlds there to prepare themselves for fighting in the Eye of terror.
They landed on a Demon World of Khorne where they fought and ultimately lost/died. Only to be reborn to fight and die AGAIN. Basically, they found Valhalla.
What about incidents of Orkz fighting Necron? Any good stories there?
hermit
As for their physis, it just occurred to me you can just create a Space Marine human-based metavariant and then metatype change geneware every Space Marine there. That would also enable deviant geneseed chapters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012