Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drakes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Nyost Akasuke
No, of course not. Though, I'm sure someone, somewhere in the shadows, will have gotten one in someway.

And you'll probably have to pay some good nuyen for it.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Jan 20 2011, 01:37 AM) *
Seriously?
Seriously?

You are under arrest for the unauthorized use of a bad pun.

nyahnyah.gif ^^ *snickers*
QUOTE (Nyost Akasuke @ Jan 20 2011, 06:08 AM) *
I can't imagine that, with all the influence and power (and money) many Great Dragons have.. they haven't coerced/paid some metahuman into making Dracoform trodes and AR gloves

Ahem, no, the Great Dragons Piggiback with normal Deckers using their Magic to do what they want.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Nyost Akasuke @ Jan 20 2011, 12:13 AM) *
No, of course not. Though, I'm sure someone, somewhere in the shadows, will have gotten one in someway.

And you'll probably have to pay some good nuyen for it.

Hence no mention of increased cost or availability for said item.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jan 20 2011, 11:28 AM) *
Hence no mention of increased cost or availability for said item.

Perhaps you could treat as a Delta trode net of sort (multiply cost by 100, increase availability by 20, etc.)
Of course this begins to be house rules instead of RAW.
Aerospider
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Jan 20 2011, 02:58 PM) *
Perhaps you could treat as a Delta trode net of sort (multiply cost by 100, increase availability by 20, etc.)
Of course this begins to be house rules instead of RAW.

It's simply that such an item would have to be bespoke - drakes are still new enough and rare enough that there's no commercial reason for anyone to manufacture it for sale. Even if the meta-friendly Evo put something together for public consumption, who'd be stupid enough to buy one and announce to all the megas and dragons out there that they know or are a drake?

Either the PC can start owned (or previously owned) by a mega/dragon or the player can try to persuade their GM to let them have a really proficient (not to mention highly discreet) electronic engineer for a contact. If it were me, I'd make them have to procure/commission one in-game and make them work hard for it.
Doc Byte
Trodes / VR for Dragons' are the holy grail in sience. Why on earth should trodes work for Drakes in dracoform?
Brazilian_Shinobi
Because it's munchkinism smile.gif
Yerameyahu
I mean, not *the holy grail*. smile.gif A neat trick that would marginally improve the lives of a tiny-but-very-powerful population, yes.
Ramaloke
There are stats for dragon trodes in the 2008 april fools PDF for dragon PCs. They are obscenely expensive, off the top of my head Availability 20 with a 50k Yen price tag.
Yerameyahu
Now, would drake trodes be even rarer? smile.gif Or can they use those. Either is fair, to me. biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
Skinlink that Drake!
Draco18s
What's skinlink actually entail? I haven't looked it up.

(Also: does it work with scales?)
KarmaInferno
Skinlink uses the bioelectric aura of your skin as a data transmission route.

A skinlinked device broadcasts a signal into your skin, and other devices touching your skin "listen" to variations in the bio-aura to decipher the signal.

Technically, this does mean that skinlink IS wired, to answer the question posed to me in that other thread! Your skin is the wire.

Given that scales are only "alive" at the edge that is embedded in the skin, and on dragons are substantial enough that their thickness would be an issue, I would say that skinlink would not normally work on them, you'd have to get the contacts under the scales to work.

-k
Draco18s
Alright.

So, if one were to build an "iron man suit" for a dracoform-drake (with the intention of still being able to fly*)

Where would one start? And what kind of mods would it need? There is a one-man glider (the Phoenix) that is within chargen availability and cost limits (although the 16R cousin has advantages, such as easy breakdown).

*Either under the drake's own power, in which case, the "vehicle" needs to be light enough, or under the vehicle's own power.
Aerospider
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jan 21 2011, 05:05 PM) *
Alright.

So, if one were to build an "iron man suit" for a dracoform-drake (with the intention of still being able to fly*)

Where would one start? And what kind of mods would it need? There is a one-man glider (the Phoenix) that is within chargen availability and cost limits (although the 16R cousin has advantages, such as easy breakdown).

*Either under the drake's own power, in which case, the "vehicle" needs to be light enough, or under the vehicle's own power.

LMAO! How mad is it that someone wrote a character type that can turn into a dragon (of sorts) at will and managed to make this coolest of races so terrible it's driven someone to want an Iron Man suit for it!

Pretending I can take this seriously, you may as well be human and buy a much cheaper suit off the rack at your local Stiffer Shack.
Stahlseele
Sounds like the Clan of Steel suits of one David Xanathos
Nyost Akasuke
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 21 2011, 11:47 AM) *
Sounds like the Clan of Steel suits of one David Xanathos

How much would THAT cost?
Shit, I'd buy one without even being a Drake.
But only if I can make it speak in Keith David's voice
Draco18s
QUOTE (Aerospider @ Jan 21 2011, 02:45 PM) *
LMAO! How mad is it that someone wrote a character type that can turn into a dragon (of sorts) at will and managed to make this coolest of races so terrible it's driven someone to want an Iron Man suit for it!

Pretending I can take this seriously, you may as well be human and buy a much cheaper suit off the rack at your local Stiffer Shack.

Its the idea that makes me giggle, the idea of a western drake with Very Large Mounted Weapons on his back, and essentially uses them as AR commanded drones.

(Side note: drakes really are quite terrible. Except easterns because they can use guns and doors and maybe even drive manual.)
Yerameyahu
… One would not build an iron man suit for a drake, of all things. smile.gif

How about gecko taping gear to yourself instead?

Skinlink would very likely work on a dracoform. It works on humans through clothes and things.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jan 21 2011, 03:30 PM) *
How about gecko taping gear to yourself instead?

The problem is trying to mount a heavy machine gun. wobble.gif
I doubt even a small dragon could still fly carrying a "drone" with body 6+.
ShadowWalker
yes, but even though they give you rules for encumbrance, they do not give you the weight of any item in the game, so... it doesn't matter if it's a drone with 6+ body he can carry it, as it's weightless.
Draco18s
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jan 21 2011, 04:41 PM) *
yes, but even though they give you rules for encumbrance, they do not give you the weight of any item in the game, so... it doesn't matter if it's a drone with 6+ body he can carry it, as it's weightless.

That's why I went for the Phoenix. Only nuyen.gif 19,000 and already capable of flight. The rest can be handwaved through mods ("Metahuman Customization: Troll" seems appropriate). Rather than nonsense of duct-taping a semi truck to your back.

In my rough design I also gave the drake Gremlins (1) just to account for sometimes odd things happen with his tech.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012