Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elven Gunslinger Adept - Comment & Critique
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Stingray
QUOTE (bluedao @ Feb 4 2011, 03:29 AM) *
FFBA stacks with everything but military grade armor, also you half its armor value for encumbrance. Keep in mind though that the entire FFBA suit covers even your face so it isn't subtle. However you could buy the full thing and only wear the half body suit. PPP also stacks with everything but military iirc, it has full encumbrance penalties. Both are in Arsenal. You might want to also consider thermodampening, but it isn't cheap.

..in FFBA do u not need to wear additional hood,booties and gloves to to get max armor bonus from it...
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Stingray @ Feb 5 2011, 11:42 AM) *
..in FFBA do u not need to wear additional hood,booties and gloves to to get max armor bonus from it...
The description is not clear on that . I would rule that if you do not wear the gloves or the hood you get 5/1. more that that the half-suit and less than the full set.
Stingray
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Feb 5 2011, 12:51 PM) *
The description is not clear on that . I would rule that if you do not wear the gloves or the hood you get 5/1. more that that the half-suit and less than the full set.

.."the full-body suit covers the entire body, including extrmities, (and getting full armor bonus IMOO), AND (Addtional IMOO)
comes with gloves, booties and a hood.."

(IMOO) wearing gloves,booties and a hood just adds fluff..
Dakka Dakka
That is one way of reading it. Sounds a lot like D&D 3.5 armor where helmets and gauntlets are absolutely irrelevant.
ShadowFighter88
QUOTE (ProfGast @ Feb 5 2011, 03:57 PM) *
Some items you may want to consider picking up
250 - Gecko Tape Gloves (SR4)
200 - Gas Mask (SR4)
25 - Laés Cigarette (Arsenal)
10 - Scent Masking Cigarette (Arsenal)
150 - Tag Eraser (SR4)
Rating x 25 - Respirator (SR4)

You also technically need a license for your Smartlink (and indeed any Restricted Gear like the Ares Predator)

The Gecko Tape Gloves sound interesting, might come in handy. I can see the benefit of the gas mask, but not how you'd carry it discreetly. You wouldn't exactly look inconspicuous while wearing it (though I don't know how many people'd blink at a Respirator - certainly wouldn't look out of place in LA).

The cigarettes I'm not sure about; how'd my character convince someone to smoke a Laés Cigarette when he doesn't smoke himself? He'd be fine to force himself to smoke a Scent Masking one if he had to, but how often is he going to need to hide his scent trail?

As for the Tag Eraser, I've never been 100% clear on where RFID tags can be found. How often would a 'runner be using one of these?

As for the armour discussion, I'll run it by the GM when I submit this guy to a game on Myth Weavers.
Mardrax
QUOTE (ShadowFighter88 @ Feb 6 2011, 12:36 AM) *
As for the Tag Eraser, I've never been 100% clear on where RFID tags can be found. How often would a 'runner be using one of these?

Basically every time you buy something from a legal source, and often when you buy something from an illegal source as well.
Yes, the soycolate bar has an RFID tag in it. As do the flats, and the tires on your car.
ShadowFighter88
Okay, so I'll grab the Tag Eraser (though for some reason I can't find it in DamienKnight's builder, but that doesn't matter since the Myth-Weaver's sheet'll be the final one) and the Gecko Tape Gloves. That leaves me with 400 nuyen.gif to spend and 3 BP. Tempted to use some of that 400 to get some Stick 'n' Shock ammo. Any opinions ?
ShadowFighter88
Okay, if I go with getting some Stick-n-Shock ammo, I can get 45 rounds (plus the three Spare Clips to hold them all) and have 25 nuyen.gif left over (could probably get more by ditching a mag or two of regular ammo, but anyway). Still got 3 BP as well but I'd rather not sink them into gear if I don't have to (or if there isn't anything that 3 BP'll get me).

So; new equipment list:

Ares Predator IV (w/ Skinlink)
Survival Knife
Mortimer Ulysses Suit (w/ Nonconductivity 6, comes with Rating 4 Chemical Protection)
Street Clothes
Bike Racing Helmet
Form-Fitting Body Armour (Full Suit)

Transys Avalon Commlink w/ Novatech Navi OS (w/ Sim Module, Trodes & Skinlink)
Analyse 4
Firewall 6

75 Rounds of Regular Ammo
8 Spare Clips (Predator)
Quick-Draw Holster
2x Fake SINs (Rating 4)
2x Fake Licenses (Rating 4)
Glasses (Rating 4 w/ Skinlink)
+Smart Link
+Image Link
+Flare Compensation
+Vision Magnification
Talisman
Biomonitor (Wristband)
Medkit (Rating 6)
Gecko Tape Gloves
Tag Eraser
45 rounds of Stick-n-Shock
Suzuki Mirage Racing Bike
+Morphing License Plate
Medicineman
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Feb 5 2011, 06:51 AM) *

5/1 or 4/2 is the most used Houserule (I know of) for those Groups who don't want to give the
FF FullBody the full Protection Value

(IMOO) wearing gloves,booties and a hood just adds fluff..

A Lot of Groups (I know of) also view it that way smile.gif

@RFID Tags
As for the Tag Eraser, I've never been 100% clear on where RFID tags can be found.
How often would a 'runner be using one of these?

After every Run .Paranoid Runners use the Tag Eraser Before & after a Run

with a Full Dance
Medicineman
ShadowFighter88
Like I've said; I'll bring the armour thing up with the GM of whichever game I submit this guy to. You guys are free to discuss it, but it might be best to shift it to another thread so that this one can stay on-topic.
ShadowFighter88
So anyone got ideas on what I can do with those last three BP and 25 nuyen.gif ? Because I'm stumped.
Mardrax
Pay for Lifestyle? Or did you just not cover that in the equipment list?
ShadowFighter88
He's got the Trust Fund quality, which gives him a permanent Medium Lifestyle and 500 nuyen.gif a month.
warrior_allanon
use the 3bp for a contact and pocket the 25
ShadowFighter88
Bump up his existing contact (the talislegger) to 4/5 or 5/4 or go for a new 2/1 or 1/2 contact?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012