Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun short film
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
CanRay
Too bad we're all so far away. A couple of USB Mics and a computer, could easily be done...
ggodo
Well, I'm in, just set a time.
Kid Chameleon
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 8 2011, 08:12 AM) *
We were talking about this exact film two days ago. And that wasn't the first time, either.

That is correct, we were.
spin.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Kid Chameleon @ Mar 10 2011, 01:15 PM) *
That is correct, we were.
spin.gif

*Fail*
I knew how to find the right thread, but I apparently copied the wrong url. Shame on me.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 7 2011, 12:13 AM) *
You didn't miss much. It only looks like you did through the eyes of people remembering the best.

Things always look prettier when you look back at them. Besides, I don't want the real 80's. I want the 80's from the movies.
Daddy's Little Ninja
Was that supposed to advertise the game or scare you away from it?
CanRay
QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Mar 15 2011, 07:19 AM) *
Was that supposed to advertise the game or scare you away from it?

It was the '80s. That was "Good Quality" back then. nyahnyah.gif
Wesley Street
Well, hey there... this actually doesn't suck.
Shaikujin
QUOTE (Epicedion @ Mar 5 2011, 08:13 PM) *
I think this video's only slightly worse than, say, Johnny Mnemonic.

I actually like Johnny Mnemonic. A dolphin hacking that specifically cuts through ICE? A guy pulling a concealed monofilament whip from his thumb, using his thumbnail as the counter weight?

Keanu Reeves isn't terribly good, but he does seem to have a soft spot for these kind of films. Which lead us to the Matrix.

Edit: I mean "A dolphin hacker", not "A dolphin hacking"
Draco18s
QUOTE (Shaikujin @ Mar 21 2011, 11:07 AM) *
I actually like Johnny Mnemonic. A dolphin hacking that specifically cuts through ICE? A guy pulling a concealed monofilament whip from his thumb, using his thumbnail as the counter weight?

The dolphin hacker was actually the only "dumb" thing about that movie (and it wasn't in the book). The rest of it? Pure cyberpunk.
Shaikujin
Speaking of the 80s, that reminds me - when SR1 was released, certain events like the unification of Germany, the breakup of USSR actually predates the actual events.

FASA really had some great writers and researchers.
Shaikujin
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 21 2011, 04:09 PM) *
The dolphin hacker was actually the only "dumb" thing about that movie (and it wasn't in the book). The rest of it? Pure cyberpunk.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for cyberpunk movies biggrin.gif
redwulf25
After watching The Gamers I want to see Dead Gentlemen do a Shadowrun movie.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012