Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bringing a cyberdeck to a comlink fight
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Yerameyahu
No reason to assume the security system is (was) SIN-based. Honestly, that'd be stupid. smile.gif Even in a luxury core-city high-rise, they could just use biometrics, etc.
CanRay
There was some fiction in System Failure that showed a guy being locked out of his house when he slotted his Registered CredStick into the lock and it went "SIN Not Recognized", and his own home security locked him out with just the clothes he had on when going to the office.
Yerameyahu
I never read any of the fiction, but I certainly believe you. smile.gif I just don't think it makes sense. SIN is used for a lot of stuff, but I wouldn't use it for my *house*.
CanRay
It's supposed to be your "Key" for your house and car and whatever else, connected to your Biometrics for confirmation that you are you.

Shadowrunners wouldn't use it for that purpose, but John Q. Wageslave would. It's his "Identity" after all. The Accountant From Hell's decent INTO Hell starts with him yelling at his house, "Come on house, you know me, I've leased you for two years, three months, four days, eight hours and GACK!"
Yerameyahu
I guess. It just seems like you'd use your SIN with the gov't, with business transactions, at the hospital, as a driver's license… but *not* as your house key. It's for other people, not your own stuff.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Mar 25 2011, 04:44 AM) *
I guess. It just seems like you'd use your SIN with the gov't, with business transactions, at the hospital, as a driver's license… but *not* as your house key. It's for other people, not your own stuff.

there are hotels today that can use your credit card as your room key...
ggodo
The future is now.
Stahlseele
So Back to the Future would bring us back to the now, which is now effectively gone by and thus then . . So going forward takes us back. sounds about right.
Veynom
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 25 2011, 12:50 AM) *
there are hotels today that can use your credit card as your room key...

Hell, I can use your credit card as My credit card... nyahnyah.gif

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 25 2011, 03:26 AM) *
So Back to the Future would bring us back to the now, which is now effectively gone by and thus then . . So going forward takes us back. sounds about right.

are there roads?
Stahlseele
Maybe. Afterall, we're all children of tomorrow hanging on to yesterday.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Veynom @ Mar 25 2011, 05:20 AM) *
Hell, I can use your credit card as My credit card... nyahnyah.gif

are there roads?

Where we're going, we don't need any Roads !!!
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (ggodo @ Mar 25 2011, 06:04 AM) *
The future is now.

Told you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012