Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uber Bow Troll?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Medicineman
Please ,Don't !
Krav Maga in Combination with Bows ....Makes the Angels weep and God(s) kill little Kittens
Its like tying a Mono-Whip to your Leg just to get a Reach 3 Bonus wacko.gif silly.gif
I don't think that there are any Archer Regiments in the IDF that are being taught how to fast-Draw Bows&Arrows

HokaHeyaHej
Medicineman
Fortinbras
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 30 2011, 11:01 PM) *
+1 physical tests => enhanced articulation
Just for the Records
Enhanced Articulation does not Help with any Combat Skills ,only with Physical Skills (like the Athletic Group)
Thats (sadly )RAW
I would've extended the Bonus to Dodge,Throwing and any close Combat Skill
But I'm not responsible for the Rules

with an extended Dance
Medicineman

Gymnastics is a Physical skill. That can add to Dodge.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 31 2011, 07:35 AM) *
Please ,Don't !
Krav Maga in Combination with Bows ....Makes the Angels weep and God(s) kill little Kittens
Its like tying a Mono-Whip to your Leg just to get a Reach 3 Bonus wacko.gif silly.gif
I don't think that there are any Archer Regiments in the IDF that are being taught how to fast-Draw Bows&Arrows

HokaHeyaHej
Medicineman

Maybe in the Troll Kingdom Schwarzwald Trolling Units?
Medicineman
I meant Real Life IDF wink.gif

with a real Life Dance
Medicineman
Wuerfelwerfer
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 31 2011, 10:05 AM) *
Maybe in the Troll Kingdom Schwarzwald Trolling Units?

Special Units just to troll the enemy? Hot damn!
Stahlseele
But of Course, with their Trollerblades and Trollbows it comes naturally to them *snickers*
InfinityzeN
By RAW, the max strength of a bow is 8.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 30 2011, 09:35 PM) *
Please ,Don't !

HokaHeyaHej
Medicineman

You might say the same for many of the more exotic modern weapon types. IIRC, that style was for training in the use of modern weapons, and bows somehow made I comeback, so now they're modern.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Mar 31 2011, 04:03 AM) *
By RAW, the max strength of a bow is 8.

Yeah, I think we covered that one. It's hardcopy vs. pdf, and I feel the pdf would be more up to date since it's online (I would come up with some reason to trust the hardcopy if it gave me a max 12 STR rating).
K1ll5w1tch
I'd have to rule the character isn't even vialble as a dual wielding archer. The bulkiness and the way bows are held fired, the second bow would get in the way of the first.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (K1ll5w1tch @ Mar 31 2011, 08:17 AM) *
I'd have to rule the character isn't even vialble as a dual wielding archer. The bulkiness and the way bows are held fired, the second bow would get in the way of the first.

Kind of. We're assuming you can't just face your chest toward your target and draw one bow with both right arms. Firing realistically with your side facing the target might induce penalties, but it's possible seeing how one set of arms would be above the other. The higher pair would reach across the bow that the lower pair draws, and you would need to keep your upper wrist clear of the lower knocked arrow, but it's valid.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 31 2011, 05:35 AM) *

In a game where you can get prehensile feet, you don't have to tie the whip to your foot.
Moreover, once you're in foot-wielded monowhip territory, you're also already playing a troll-sasabonsam with elongated limbs, so it's Reach 6 instead of 3.
Yerameyahu
I'm not sure how functional those feet are, though. A Climbing bonus is a far cry from an extra hand (and imagine the off-hand penalties). smile.gif People can indeed get pretty adept with their feet, but I don't think it's easy.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Mar 31 2011, 11:22 AM) *
I'm not sure how functional those feet are, though. A Climbing bonus is a far cry from an extra hand (and imagine the off-hand penalties). smile.gif People can indeed get pretty adept with their feet, but I don't think it's easy.

fingertip compartment modified for toe.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Mar 31 2011, 08:35 PM) *
In a game where you can get prehensile feet, you don't have to tie the whip to your foot.
Moreover, once you're in foot-wielded monowhip territory, you're also already playing a troll-sasabonsam with elongated limbs, so it's Reach 6 instead of 3.

wait . . what?
care to run that one by me again? @.@
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Mar 31 2011, 10:52 PM) *
fingertip compartment modified for toe.

Get a frigging BOOT with a skinlinked monowhip in the sole . .
Medicineman
care to run that one by me again?
Shure ,the calculation is:
Troll Reach 1
Elongated Limbs +1
Sasabonsam +1
Kick Maneuver from MA +1
Monowhip glued to Feet +2
(If you add western Drake you get an additional +1 )

with a freaky Dance (on 3 Yard long bony Legs)
Medicineman
Yerameyahu
It's not the question of attaching the whip, longbowrocks. biggrin.gif It's wielding it. I think it's canonically the hardest-to-use weapon in the game, and we're talking about your foot.
Dakka Dakka
Reach is capped at 4.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Mar 31 2011, 01:07 PM) *
It's not the question of attaching the whip, longbowrocks. biggrin.gif It's wielding it. I think it's canonically the hardest-to-use weapon in the game, and we're talking about your foot.

Dang, ya got me. I'm sure there's a way rules-wise though. Maybe a martial art from WAR?
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Mar 31 2011, 01:10 PM) *
Reach is capped at 4.

NOOO! This was going to be my next concept and you ruined it for me.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 31 2011, 10:01 PM) *
care to run that one by me again?
Shure ,the calculation is:
Troll Reach 1
Elongated Limbs +1
Sasabonsam +1
Kick Maneuver from MA +1
Monowhip glued to Feet +2
(If you add western Drake you get an additional +1 )

Drake is incompatible with Infected, so the additional +1 won't work.

QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Mar 31 2011, 10:10 PM) *
Reach is capped at 4.

Wasn't aware of that so far, so i went and looked that bit up.
Do you mean p. 158 SR4A?
It isn't exactly clear whether "Weapons with this feature have a Reach rating of 1–4" is an actual hardcap on Reach, as it refers specifically to the weapon.
One could obviously argue that there never has been a Reach 4 weapon in SR, so this must include any reach augmentations.
Medicineman
....oO(I don't know wether I should be Happy that this doesn't work out or worried that I'm taken seriously on this ridiculous matter ?)

with a not-so-serious Dance
Medicineman
Angelone
Duel wielding monofilimant net guns?
Medicineman
QUOTE (Angelone @ Apr 1 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Duel wielding monofilimant net guns?

Were are the Monofilament Netguns from ?
This is curious because I have a discussion in one of the German Forums and I don't remeber where they are from ?!

HokaHey
Medicineman
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 31 2011, 10:09 PM) *
....oO(I don't know wether I should be Happy that this doesn't work out or worried that I'm taken seriously on this ridiculous matter ?)

with a not-so-serious Dance
Medicineman

This is important stuff. What if you want to use the melee rules for ranged combat? 6 meters is a pretty good start.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Apr 1 2011, 08:21 AM) *
Were are the Monofilament Netguns from ?
This is curious because I have a discussion in one of the German Forums and I don't remeber where they are from ?!

HokaHey
Medicineman

They are nothing official, just a logical combination of the netgun and monofilament whips . .
hobgoblin
there are however monofilament bolas, iirc.
Stahlseele
Yah, which is close, but not perfect.
At least strap one flechette and one incendiary grenade to the ends that go off on hitting a target . .
Angelone
I know they were mentioned a few times in various books, but not sure where the stats are. My books are in transit or I'd look. I remember somebody had one and they named it Juliene.

Iirc you take more damage as you squirm around trying to get out.
Stahlseele
*nods*
i think it was something like the running into monowhip fences or something like that . .
Angelone
Maybe, but I know they've atleast been mentioned usually in conjunction to regular netguns.
Stahlseele
and usually in either shadowtalk or a novel i think.
and it IS such a nice and evil and logical idea too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012