Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [4e] Scumbag Buildpoints?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Tyro
QUOTE (Audious @ Apr 14 2011, 02:51 PM) *
Hm... oh, I don't know, because when someone gets shot in the face in Shadowrun, they don't just lose 40 HP. There's already a ton of cyberware pre-written for me that works just fine for the setting I'm doing. Magic DOES exist in my setting, it's just not an option for the players.

Is this really that hard of a concept to get your heads around? I like the system. I want to use the system for a slightly different setting. The fact that everyone is getting all aspie about this blows my mind.

What's wrong with being an aspie?
Audious
QUOTE (Tyro @ Apr 14 2011, 04:52 PM) *
What's wrong with being an aspie?

Yes, I used aspie to say that everyone is being obsessive over something that doesn't really matter. It's almost as if that is one of the symptoms of Aspergers.

Also, your attempt to make me feel bad about what I said failed.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Audious @ Apr 14 2011, 10:55 PM) *
Yes, I used aspie to say that everyone is being obsessive over something that doesn't really matter.
It's almost as if that is one of the symptoms of Aspergers.

It's more like a symptom of antisocial fuckheads who self-diagnose with Asperger's to have a handy excuse for being a dick, regardless of whether they show actual, non-clichéd symptoms of autism spectrum disorders or not.

BTW, i wouldn't say this thread is particularly obsessive by dumpshock standards, either.
We had a pretty civil discussion up until now. I'd be happy if it stays that way.[/whiteknight]
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Apr 14 2011, 01:57 PM) *
I encountered no obvious quirks when playing Shadowrun with magic and metatypes completely eviscerated from the system.

Aside from the obvious "I have the books for Shadowrun and not Cyberpunk" some of the less obvious reasons are the fluff. Now that may not make sense to a lot of people who will shout out "But magic is part of the fluff!" Yes. It is. However, it's amazing how much of the fluff you can ignore the magic aspect to it with limited reworking of the fluff. Shadowrun provides a plethora of background material for a setting that you have to do mild conditioning to.

And yet, you would have to do NO re-writing of the Fluff in Cyberpunk 2020. Less Work involved. Of course, if you do not have the books, then that is obviously a wasted suggestion. But the point does stand. I would rather use a system that needs no tweaking of mechanics or fluff to use, rather than a system I like, that requires a massive gutting of mechanics and fluff to make it work for the game I want to run.

Perspective matters at that point. If you do not mind the work involved, then modify away. Me, I am likely to just pick up the system that already has that done for me (or possibly already own it, as in CP2020's case). wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012