Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrunning Street Doc
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
CanRay
QUOTE (Dez384 @ May 5 2011, 08:03 PM) *
An assistant might be necessary so you won't suffer from fatigue. It's nice to have someone slap you with stimpatches.

"Forceps, Scalpel, Oil, Wipe Sweat, Stims, Stims, Stims, STIMS!"
Loch
The more I read about crafting rules, the more I realize that a sleep regulator for this character isn't optional. Between making and implanting cyberware for his running mates, brewing up chemicals and toxins for runs and staffing a full 40-hour work week as a professional surgeon, sleep won't necessarily be available in solid 8-hour shifts all the time wobble.gif
Method
QUOTE (Loch @ May 5 2011, 10:09 PM) *
... staffing a full 40-hour work week as a professional surgeon...

40 hour work week. rotfl.gif
Dez384
QUOTE (Method @ May 5 2011, 11:18 PM) *
40 hour work week. rotfl.gif

It leaves 8 hours per day (after work and sleep) to run the shadows. Plenty of time sarcastic.gif
Method
Your average surgeon works way more than 40 hours a week.

On the topic of surgical teams: modern surgical techniques are built on a two person system: primary surgeon and first assistant. In SR a cyber surgeon could do both jobs with an extra pair of cyber arms.

Personally, if I had access to SR cyber right now the first thing I would buy is a sleep regulator.
Loch
QUOTE (Method @ May 5 2011, 11:56 PM) *
Your average surgeon works way more than 40 hours a week.

Definitely true, but sadly in the Sixth World, Day Job caps out at 40 hours/week. Granted, it doesn't exactly fit the type of job this character does, but I'm doing my best to stay within the framework of the qualities that already exist.
Dez384
It could be that this surgeon isn't working at a hospital, but rather does private practice (who have the leisure of only working 40 hours).
CanRay
Or a Shadow Doctor that has irregular hours.

I mean, it's not every day that you need to remove bullets at the back of the bar on the pool table.

OK, yes it is, but you get what i mean.
Kyoto Kid
...had an Ex Russian military field doc named Col. Markova (4th ed) who basically was the team's "healer" as our mage followed the Black Magic tradition and didn't have any healing spells.

With her medikit she had a starting DP of 21

Log 5 [8] (Cerebral boosting 3)
First Aid 5 (Combat Wounds +2)
Medikit rating 6

Race: Dwarf

(under original 4th ed rules)

She was also a very good shot with her Alpha.

Unfortunately her record sheet resides on a now dead hard drive.
CanRay
Back-ups, KK. Always have them!
Kyoto Kid
...did, but the DVD the files were on corrupted as well.

I now use flashdrives (more expensive but much more dependable).
Irion
QUOTE (Makki @ May 6 2011, 12:52 AM) *
this may be your interpretation. If I were a GM and a PC buys a medical facility and pays lifestyle cost to keep it running I would thoroughly read Augmentation p.126f "Growing Organs" and "Procuring Bioware" again and discuss with him.

There are no rules for growing bioware. It is more difficult than growing normal organs.

And there are no rules for organs to start with.
The threasholds could go up to 40 easy. Because you are looking at stuff done with a teamwork test in a high grade facility.
(1 guy with 12 dices together with 10 guy with 8 dices end up with a pool of 37 dices. This in an extended test with 3 or 4 rolls...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012