Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peril Sensitive Sunglasses
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Yerameyahu
Draco, are you suggesting the cars hack your eyes to see if you're running Negators… as a regulatory driving function? biggrin.gif
Fortinbras
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 2 2011, 01:32 PM) *
Draco, are you suggesting the cars hack your eyes to see if you're running Negators… as a regulatory driving function? biggrin.gif

The 2070 version of a seat belt ticket?
Yerameyahu
Right, except they have to see inside all of your devices. smile.gif I'm not saying no one would try it—legislators are both insane and science-challenged. I'm saying it would only stop Joe Straightlaces, who wouldn't do it anyway. And again, it's only those 3 weirdoes who don't use autopilot.
Ghost_in_the_System
Yeah, but I think a guard would notice a giant black box appearing suddenly in his vision, which might tip him off that something is wrong. In the case of removal however, it could work quite nicely as it would just replace the watcher with the image of before it appeared.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 2 2011, 02:32 PM) *

Yes. :3
James McMurray
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jun 2 2011, 01:56 PM) *
:3

I see this emote every so often and I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be a pair of eyes with balls. What's it mean?
Ghost_in_the_System
It's a grinning sort of smiley face. You see it in anime alot.

Edit: Supposed to look kinda like a cat I think.

Edit2: http://www.itbgames.com/blog/wp-content/up...t-loves-you.jpg
KarmaInferno
Imagine a cat smiling.

A lot of anime characters when pulling a prank or otherwise being goofy sometimes take on cat-like facial characteristics.

-k
James McMurray
Ah, gracias.
Draco18s
I use it as a kind of happy/smug look. And cats are very smug, and that's how it's used a lot in anime: for when a character is feeling "excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements," so it works.
Ghost_in_the_System
You are not nearly smug enough to be a cat nyahnyah.gif
Eimi
Like so.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Ghost_in_the_System @ Jun 2 2011, 04:16 PM) *
You are not nearly smug enough to be a cat nyahnyah.gif

I'm a dragon, yo. I'm smugger than the smuggest cat alive~ spin.gif
Ghost_in_the_System
Hmmm, dragon smugness vs cat smugness.... I don't know, dragons can be trained to do things, and occasionally obey some sorts of orders and laws and rules and such...
Draco18s
QUOTE (Ghost_in_the_System @ Jun 2 2011, 05:13 PM) *
Hmmm, dragon smugness vs cat smugness.... I don't know, dragons can be trained to do things, and occasionally obey some sorts of orders and laws and rules and such...

Ah, see, that is because dragons are sentient beings and have found that obeying the rules is a good thing. But when push comes to shove, a dragon can ignore the rules far more easily than other sentient beings.

"What position does a 20 ton dragon hold?"
"I don't know, what position?"
"Yours. Care to dispute it?" *Toothy grin*

wink.gif
Fortinbras
Dragons make the rules.
Ghost_in_the_System
QUOTE (Fortinbras @ Jun 2 2011, 05:35 PM) *
Dragons make the rules.

And the cats ignore them nyahnyah.gif
Tyro
Cats can be trained; people just prefer not to. They like cats as they are naturally.
James McMurray
Hell, people train their cats to use the toilet and flush. Try making a dragon do that!
nezumi
Several animal trainers have said that you can't really train cats as much as bribe them. You want a cat to jump through a hoop? Put food on the other side of the loop. IF he accepts your offer, he'll jump. No food? No pussy. Using the toilet is just tricking cats based on their natural instincts. It would be like if I made pills in the shape and flavor of ham sandwiches, then said I 'trained' people to eat my pills.

At the topic at hand ... this also completely ignores gridguide and the vehicle's pilot rating. Assuming the driver is in fact driving at all, these systems will prevent him from crashing. You can't even make him miss an exit, thanks to GPS. The best thing you could do is dress as a homosexual troll when you mug people, because now people are less likely to notice.
Fortinbras
My dog's trainer trained her cat to come on command without treats. She used treats at first, but now it's better trained than my dog.

Not as cute as my dog, but nothing on earth is.
James McMurray
QUOTE (Fortinbras @ Jun 3 2011, 09:00 AM) *
Not as cute as my dog, but nothing on earth is.

Except my dog. But it's understandable that your bias would lead you to a wrong conclusion, so I forgive you. wink.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jun 3 2011, 08:50 AM) *
Several animal trainers have said that you can't really train cats as much as bribe them.

It's called clicker training. And you start with the treats, but the "bribe" after the training is in fact just a click or a "yes!" and not actual food.

My mom has gotten our one cat to cross his paws (both left-over-right and right-over-left) on command.
PittsburghRPGA
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jun 1 2011, 08:24 AM) *
It would seem to have some pretty significant in-game effects, so should probably be addressed somewhere.

Regardless, I can't imagine the devices are legal when driving (and if they are, then gridguide would override any idiots anyway). Every other day I see the 'Abortion is Sin' truck drive around the corner. Imagine how many cars that would wreck.

The way I'm reading Negator, you'd still see a truck, just one that's advertising Stuffer Shack, or the Elven Lesbian Strippers club or Mega-Pow! Energy Drinks, or whatever you've programmed Negator to replace that with.

Eric
Ascalaphus
It simply blacks out the general vicinity of any offending object, then paints a cute picture of kittens on a laundry line with "Hang in there!" over it.

I also think that almost all people who use Negator also use GridGuide; they're comfortable living in their little cocoon. Meanwhile, people who insist on driving manually probably like being in control, and might not even want to use Negator software.

And, of course there'll be horrible, horrible accidents too. This is dystopia after all.
CanRay
Or just a nice, calming, blue background with soothing letters that say "DON'T PANIC!".
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 3 2011, 12:22 PM) *
Or just a nice, calming, blue background with soothing letters that say "DON'T PANIC!".

If you are going to use a blue background, put a whole bunch of gobbledygook and the words "Contact Microsoft support or your network administrator." at the bottom.
Fortinbras
I'm relatively certain that's the opposite of "Don't Panic!"
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Fortinbras @ Jun 3 2011, 10:05 PM) *
I'm relatively certain that's the opposite of "Don't Panic!"

Something I agree with.
CanRay
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 3 2011, 11:03 PM) *
If you are going to use a blue background, put a whole bunch of gobbledygook and the words "Contact Microsoft support or your network administrator." at the bottom.

Which completely negates the "DON'T PANIC!"
Ghost_in_the_System
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jun 4 2011, 11:47 AM) *

I've been waiting for someone to bring that up, especially after someone mentioned replacing something with smiles nyahnyah.gif
Ascalaphus
Heh. What about Negator software that just reduces the "dys" in dystopia; beggars look like relaxing tourists, you don't see the filth, and so forth. Pretend everything is alright.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ Jun 4 2011, 09:16 AM) *
Heh. What about Negator software that just reduces the "dys" in dystopia; beggars look like relaxing tourists, you don't see the filth, and so forth. Pretend everything is alright.

Which is, honestly, how I would use it. smile.gif
CanRay
The Middle Class is picking up all the trash for their Makers, which are on drugs...

Oops, wrong series.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 4 2011, 10:34 AM) *
The Middle Class is picking up all the trash for their Makers, which are on drugs...

Oops, wrong series.

Yep, but man, do I wish I had a Maker... frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012