Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fighting drones with magic
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Rubic
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jul 12 2011, 02:53 PM) *
Am I missing something? Are you trying to bind a Force 9 spirit? Only then does the spirit roll 18 dice. To summon a spirit the spirit only gets Force dice but the DV is hits*2.

The original situation was somebody dealing with a surprise drone. Not necessary to bind a spirit if you're just summoning it quickly. Hell, if you're being attacked by a drone, then I doubt you have time to gather resources and bind the spirit. If you want to pre-bind it, then you should have plenty of time beforehand to recover from the drain.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jul 12 2011, 11:53 AM) *
Am I missing something? Are you trying to bind a Force 9 spirit? Only then does the spirit roll 18 dice. To summon a spirit the spirit only gets Force dice but the DV is hits*2.

Unless, of course, the Spirit Spends Edge to resist the Summons, which a Force 9 Spirit is likely to do.
Draco18s
Oops, my bad. I'm at work and obviously not thinking strait.
Ryu
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 12 2011, 09:42 PM) *
Unless, of course, the Spirit Spends Edge to resist the Summons, which a Force 9 Spirit is likely to do.

The truth of that statement depends on your table consensus. wink.gif
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Ryu @ Jul 13 2011, 01:48 AM) *
The truth of that statement depends on your table consensus. wink.gif

At my table, it`ll depend on the spirit, and the magician. And is also why I sadle most of my summoning NPC`s with Spirit Affinity for whatever spirit they are most likely to summon often. Gives me a (point spent) reason to not bother making them resist the edge if I feel the PC`s are controlling the situation a little too well...
nicktheviking
Do Powerball and Powerbolt not affect drones?
HunterHerne
QUOTE (nicktheviking @ Jul 15 2011, 08:22 PM) *
Do Powerball and Powerbolt not affect drones?

Only if you beat the OR first. They are Direct spells
Mayhem_2006
Just occured to me that maybe it would be possible to levitate them into an electrical light fitting, which might screw them up.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Mayhem_2006 @ Jul 16 2011, 06:30 PM) *
Just occured to me that maybe it would be possible to levitate them into an electrical light fitting, which might screw them up.

Barely, I say. The amount of current in there might be worth an effective 3 damage (or an effective threshold of 3 for the body+armour test, if that), before a combat drone mows you down with it's likely firearm.
KarmaInferno
Electrical shielding sees to be pretty popular on the drones I've seen in SR games.

-k
HunterHerne
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 16 2011, 08:27 PM) *
Electrical shielding sees to be pretty popular on the drones I've seen in SR games.

-k

Which is another good reason not to try it.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Jul 16 2011, 05:24 PM) *
Which is another good reason not to try it.

Yeah, I prefer an Inferno Missile/Rocket Warhead myself. Really hard to miss with one of those, and the 1/2 Armor rating is awesome. Damage isn't too bad either. "Now your cooking with... Napalm." smile.gif
Mayhem_2006
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Jul 16 2011, 11:07 PM) *
Barely, I say. The amount of current in there might be worth an effective 3 damage (or an effective threshold of 3 for the body+armour test, if that), before a combat drone mows you down with it's likely firearm.

Yeah, I forgot you guys have to manage with a wimpy 110 volts. wink.gif
KarmaInferno
Same basic amperage. rotate.gif

-k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012