Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bums in 2072
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (sabs @ Jul 25 2011, 01:32 PM) *
Except that it's basically impossible to create a system where credsticks are effectively bearer bonds, and have electronic money where noone has a clue where money X came from and where it went.

The idea that there's electronic money that is economically sound, and yet can be fooled by 2 money transfers across a credstick is so laughable as to break complete verisimilitude.

Hmmmmm..... Interesting, as I have never had verisimilitude problems with that, personally... smile.gif
Critias
Just FYI: It's "scrip," not "script." Honest.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 25 2011, 01:59 PM) *
Just FYI: It's "scrip," not "script." Honest.

Thank You Critias... That was definitley beginning to annoy me... smile.gif
BRodda
QUOTE (Bushw4cker @ Jul 20 2011, 03:32 PM) *
Got me thinking....

With everything being wireless how do the bums survive?

-I imagine a squatter with an old Metalink. The bum's PAN has an AR window pop up asking for spare change. The AR window is a virtual Cardboard sign, with a cup for online transfers.

Would it be near impossible to get away with robbing someone at gunpoint? All the funds are virtual and can be traced. How does someone get away with it?

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks

Wrote this piece about spanging in the future. It got a lot of comments. Feel free to use it.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Bushw4cker @ Jul 20 2011, 02:32 PM) *

Would it be near impossible to get away with robbing someone at gunpoint? All the funds are virtual and can be traced. How does someone get away with it?

Had a temp player that was really anxious to try and do this, rob someone at gunpoint. Got himself a Fichetti Pain Inducer and was planning on using it to intimidate the victim to transfer their money to a credstick he would loan to them (he gives them the credstick, they move their money to it by their commlink, they give him back the credstick). He never got around to actually doing this, despite a few opportunities to try and mug someone. I really wish he would have, as to try and discourage him from wasting valuable thinking power (which he really needs) I was going to set him up with a few thousand in counterfeit nuyen that was also already expired.
Ascalaphus
Why shouldn't people with a Criminal SIN be able to get a bank account? It'll be a no-frills, no credit account, but why wouldn't the bank allow you to entrust them with your money?

People with a C-SIN cost the state very little money (no social security entitlements and such), but they're still consumers of corporate products. Money's still money. You get the rights that don't cost the state any effort to grant you, and they can still track you.
hobgoblin
I guess SR bums have learned how to spoof the odd vending machine and so on, and how to salvage old comlinks found in the trash.
Mardrax
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jul 28 2011, 04:07 PM) *
I guess SR bums have learned how to spoof the odd vending machine and so on, and how to salvage old comlinks found in the trash.

Spoof? It's called 'break glass in case of emergency.'
Because anyone stupid enough to put a vending machine in a non-SIN-broadcast area is begging for it to be stolen.
Critias
No need to break the glass. Just roll up on that mamajama with an troll, or an ork or two, and walk off with the whole thing. wink.gif
CanRay
Exactly, do you know how much vending machine spare parts goes for? That could keep the bums in BTL sim-dreams for a week!

Actually, a half-hour, where they're subsequently killed while out of touch with the world, and someone else takes a sim-dream. nyahnyah.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 28 2011, 06:42 PM) *
Exactly, do you know how much vending machine spare parts goes for? That could keep the bums in BTL sim-dreams for a week!

Actually, a half-hour, where they're subsequently killed while out of touch with the world, and someone else takes a sim-dream. nyahnyah.gif

And the cycle of life continues.
CanRay
*Sings in the key of off* "The ciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiircle of sim-life!"
Blitz66
Nature is so beautiful... *sniff*
CanRay
Not after you see what that bum did in the corner of the stairwell on your way to your squat... It gets a lot less beautiful after that.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 29 2011, 11:23 AM) *
Not after you see what that bum did in the corner of the stairwell on your way to your squat... It gets a lot less beautiful after that.

Damned Bums...
Troyminator
QUOTE (MikeKozar @ Jul 20 2011, 05:36 PM) *
Well, as Tamamous is fond of saying, it's what's inside that counts.

I love this
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012