Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hacking a traffic jam
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Angelone
Since the characters aren't trying to draw attention to themselves how about making it to look like the car infront of them hacked himself special access? Have him draw the heat and they just follow that car out. That along with a few opened doors in the path of the bikers should make for a clean getaway. For the door thing I'm pretty sure if the car thinks it's on fire the doors will pop open.

Also, does the teams vehicle have spoof chips, grid guide override, morphing plates, and chameleon paint? If not why?
suoq
QUOTE (Angelone @ Jul 31 2011, 09:47 AM) *
Also, does the teams vehicle have spoof chips, grid guide override, morphing plates, and chameleon paint? If not why?

It may be a table thing or a personal thing.

From a personal standpoint, the problem I have with such items is that I park my car. For example, if I'm going to meet Mr. Johnson in a nice restaurant, my car is going to be parked somewhere nearby. If it's a "nice section of town" then the car is parked somewhere nearby with it's communication system in "active" mode. (Makes sense to me anyway. You may run differently.) From a certain point of view, ALL of those modifications are visible to anyone inspecting the vehicle. I don't want a car (that can be traced to my fake ID) to be sitting in a parking lot, parking garage, whatever with a pile of suspicious gear I have to explain.

I have put some of them on vehicles in the past AND paid for fake licenses for them. For example, a missions character I no longer play had a background where he was a freelancer for Docwagon, so the chameleon paint was to swap the wagon to DocWagon colors when he was "on duty". I almost put a spoof chip on my current Missions hacker's bike until I remembered that he's a hacker. He doesn't NEED a spoof chip. That's one less piece of gear I'd have to explain.

Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (suoq @ Jul 31 2011, 10:30 AM) *
I almost put a spoof chip on my current Missions hacker's bike until I remembered that he's a hacker. He doesn't NEED a spoof chip. That's one less piece of gear I'd have to explain.

And One less Action you would have to take if you had a Spoof Chip. Actions are precious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012