Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An Archive of Adepts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Aria
An Archive of Adepts has been relocated, Google docs files with character artwork etc...

Because I love adepts I thought I'd try and put together one for every Way that I would enjoy playing (and subsequently decided that there are many more concepts to explore out there so I am expanding it to more than one per Way!) I will also post other adept posts that I come across (crediting them to their creator!), but please let me know if you want me to remove any. If it’s not obvious what Way they come from then I’ve chosen one or listed it in Unknown, again, kick me if you disagree!
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
Name: Susanna Waters
Aliases: Silk, Sasha O’Connell
Archetype: Artisan Adept
Metatype: Changeling
Sex: Female
Nationality: UCAS
Matrix Icon: Girl in a silk dress
Reality Filter: Celtic Wilderness
Lifestyle: Low [student digs]
Karma Spent: 48
Build: 400BPs
Game: 2072

Character Sketch <<Silk v2>>

Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
Name: Natalie O'Connel
Alias: Brand
Archetype: Artist Adept - face, dancer & master of disguise
Metatype: Human
Nationality: Irish
Matrix Icon:
Reality Filter: N/A
Lifestyle: Low
Karma Spent: 10
Build: 400 BPs
Game: TBC

Character Sketch: <<Brand>>

Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Aria
Name: Miranda Wild
Alias: Scratch
Archetype: Freerunner Adept
Nationality: Renraku
Lifestyle: Squatter
Karma Spent: 10
Game: 2072

Character Sketch: <<Scratch>>

Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
Name: Charlotte
Alias: Hellion
Nationality: British
Matrix Icon: Wraith figure
Karma Earned:
Karma Spent:10

Character Sketch: <<Hellion>>

Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
Name: Andrew Novac
Alias: Cypher
Archetype: Magician Way Adept, Null Mage & Shifter
Sex: Male
Matrix Icon:
Reality Filter:
Karma Spent:

Character Sketch: <<Cypher>>

Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Aria
Name: Toma Gilbert
Alias: Picasso
Archetype: Speaker's Way Adept, Facewalker
Metatype: Elf
Matrix Icon:
Lifestyle: Middle
Karma Spent: 0

Character Sketch: <<Picasso>>

Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Aria
Name: José
Alias: Feral
Metatype: Wolf shifter
Nationality: None
Matrix Icon: N/A

Character Sketch: <<Feral>>

Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
Name: David Tahan
Alias: Domino
Metatype: Elf
Nationality: Tir
Matrix Icon: N/A
Karma Spent:

Character Sketch: <<Domino>>

Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
Name: Darren Fox
Alias: Escapade
Archetype: Burnout Way adept - infiltrator / face
Nationality: British
Matrix Icon: Shadow & mocking laughter
Lifestyle: High
Karma Spent:

Character Sketch: <<Escapade>>

Sheet
[ Spoiler ]
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Awesome Work. Looking forward to seeing all the completed Adepts. smile.gif
Angelone
Nice, so far so good looking forward to the rest.
Critias
Glad to see someone enjoying the book so much! Keep 'em coming, this is a neat project.
Xenefungus
I appreciate the project.

But seriously, both characters so far are REALLY low-low-low-powered. Is that your intention? Those are no shadowrunners, imho.
You could start by doing karmagen. Seriously, BP and lots of skills at 1 is just..bah.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Xenefungus @ Aug 13 2011, 06:32 AM) *
I appreciate the project.

But seriously, both characters so far are REALLY low-low-low-powered. Is that your intention? Those are no shadowrunners, imho.
You could start by doing karmagen. Seriously, BP and lots of skills at 1 is just..bah.

Not everyone tries to get amazingly high dice pools. Most of my characters have a standard DP of around 11-14, for a couple skills, and quite a few lower skills to give them some ability to deal with other situations.
Xenefungus
I just hacked the first char, Silk, into Karmagen.
She's an orc now of course (take human looking if you care), which is why she has better stats a bit. Plus, already has specializations for all of her skills.
Apart from that, all the same. That is:

...551 karma.

(+equip, she didnt say how much money that was, not too much though.

Out of 750.

Talking about shooting yourself in the foot.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Xenefungus @ Aug 13 2011, 06:12 AM) *
I just hacked the first char, Silk, into Karmagen.
She's an orc now of course (take human looking if you care), which is why she has better stats a bit. Plus, already has specializations for all of her skills.
Apart from that, all the same. That is:

...551 karma.

(+equip, she didnt say how much money that was, not too much though.

Out of 750.

Different Strokes for Different Folks.
I actually like the characters that are being introduced.
CanadianWolverine
I love adepts too, may I contribute to the list as well?
pbangarth
QUOTE (Xenefungus @ Aug 13 2011, 08:12 AM) *

If the universe is generated by BP, then the BP - generated PCs have not been shot in the foot.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Aug 13 2011, 09:23 AM) *
If the universe is generated by BP, then the BP - generated PCs have not been shot in the foot.

Indeed...
Method
Very cool. If this takes off we should move it to the community projects sub-forum for preservation.
Neurosis
I actually wanted to toss in one of these, but the ways I was interested in got took. : )
Aria
Thanks for the input so far...perhaps some tweaking to do...although I tend towards one skill at 15ish D and a couple of others at 12 or so.

To anyone else that wants to post a build feel free to do so - there are many Ways to make an adept smile.gif I'll link them in the first post.
Aria
Well I've added Feral's stats to the list...he's an expensive concept so I'd appreciate any suggestions / tweaks to improve him...

I've also tweaked Silk following on from comments here. Still got some work to do on her post character equipment list, mostly an Agent to hack for her as she'll never be an amazing hacker herself...

Note to players in my Emerging games: the Feral you've met is a step or two beyond the 400BP version here ork.gif
Seriously Mike
Mind if I show off my L5R-based Adept?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Aug 20 2011, 08:22 AM) *
Mind if I show off my L5R-based Adept?

Please do. smile.gif
Seriously Mike
The guy's a starting character, no house rules, Corebook only.

Name: Masaru Shiba
Aliases: Matthew Hwang, Nicks
Archetype: Bodyguard Adept
Sex: male
Nationality: Japanese

[ Spoiler ]

Background:
Born in a well-off family employed by small Japanese corporation Isawa Research, Masaru was discovered to be an adept at the age of fourteen and moved to the Houou-Dou Institute, a school training the magically-apt bodyguards for Isawa Research. However, in the Crash of '64, the Shiba family data was wiped (conveniently with no backup available) and Masaru ended up as a SINless "ronin", forced to fend for himself. He had to enter the Shadows to survive - and damn well he did. Starting small as a sword-for-hire, he had the advantage of knowing the corporate mechanisms - knowledge that soon turned out to be useful in planning and pulling off shadowruns focused on infiltration and personnel extraction.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Aug 20 2011, 09:25 AM) *
The guy's a starting character, no house rules, Corebook only.

Name: Masaru Shiba
Aliases: Matthew Hwang, Nicks
Archetype: Bodyguard Adept
Sex: male
Nationality: Japanese

Background:
Born in a well-off family employed by small Japanese corporation Isawa Research, Masaru was discovered to be an adept at the age of fourteen and moved to the Houou-Dou Institute, a school training the magically-apt bodyguards for Isawa Research. However, in the Crash of '64, the Shiba family data was wiped (conveniently with no backup available) and Masaru ended up as a SINless "ronin", forced to fend for himself. He had to enter the Shadows to survive - and damn well he did. Starting small as a sword-for-hire, he had the advantage of knowing the corporate mechanisms - knowledge that soon turned out to be useful in planning and pulling off shadowruns focused on infiltration and personnel extraction.

Not bad. I like him.
Seriously Mike
I considered giving him two more bits of equipment, namely microsensors detecting metal and cybernetics. Either installed in the glasses' frame or hidden in the jacket pocket. This way, he's pretty much aware of ANYTHING folks around want to throw at him.
Also, look at his stats and guess which edition of L5R was the original built in (he's based on my old L5R character).
Aria
Not sure where he'd sit in the Ways so I've linked him under other but if you have a specific ethos I can change it?!?
Seriously Mike
Well, not sure about the Ways thing, I looked at them and to be quite honest I don't really get them. Anyway, they say in Street Magic that their list of Ways isn't a definitive one (and that's pretty much all they say about the Ways), plus my list of powers is "grab anything practical", mostly related to observation and awareness. That and the traditional Shiba thang, magic resistance.
Neurosis
Here's another adept for your archive. (I don't know why I'm statting Shadowrun characters in my free time when a big part of my JOB is statting Shadowrun characters, but *shrug*.)

I'm actually typing this right into Dumpshock for once. Unsurprisingly, this is another riff on the character I've spent the weekend chattering about with UmaroVI in his Archetypes thread.

Invisible Way, by the way!

Name: Amrit Anderson
Alias: Qayin
Archetype: Adept Assassin
Sex: M
Game:
Build: 400 BP

Sheet
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Aug 20 2011, 06:26 PM) *
Well, not sure about the Ways thing, I looked at them and to be quite honest I don't really get them. Anyway, they say in Street Magic that their list of Ways isn't a definitive one (and that's pretty much all they say about the Ways), plus my list of powers is "grab anything practical", mostly related to observation and awareness. That and the traditional Shiba thang, magic resistance.

Way of the Adept is a pdf only mini guide for adepts that grant a discount on some powers and metamagic abilitys for a 10 or 15BP quality.

With Critias' unofficial addition of Walking the Ways you can also make up your own power list other than the archetypes I've listed in the first post.

@Neurosis - vicious smile.gif I'll have to try and make sure Hellion is a little different when I stat her this week!
Aria
Ok, Hellion is up for consideration - that muscle toner [4] makes a huge difference to her skills compared with others here. Still not sure about her powers though.

Any thoughts anyone?
Seriously Mike
Where can I find "Walking the Ways"? I think that I can make up some specific "adept paths" with it. "Paths" as in "narrower than Ways".
Critias
Link's in my sig.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 25 2011, 08:05 AM) *
Ok, Hellion is up for consideration - that muscle toner [4] makes a huge difference to her skills compared with others here. Still not sure about her powers though.

Any thoughts anyone?

Do melee cyber weapons use the unarmed skill? I would think spurs use the blades skill, similar to using a Forearm snap blade (which is pretty much the same thing).

If anybody could point me to the quote on this in the books, I would be much appreciative.
Critias
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Aug 26 2011, 11:55 AM) *
Do melee cyber weapons use the unarmed skill? I would think spurs use the blades skill, similar to using a Forearm snap blade (which is pretty much the same thing).

If anybody could point me to the quote on this in the books, I would be much appreciative.

Nope, you are correct. Most Cyber-Implant weapons (hand razors, spurs, etc) fall under the Blades skill. The "Cyber-Implants" specialization of Unarmed is there for shock fists, and I think that's about it.
Aria
QUOTE (Critias @ Aug 26 2011, 06:43 PM) *
Nope, you are correct. Most Cyber-Implant weapons (hand razors, spurs, etc) fall under the Blades skill. The "Cyber-Implants" specialization of Unarmed is there for shock fists, and I think that's about it.

Oops! Oh well, an easy fix smile.gif
UmaroVI
While they don't use Ways, there's several new Archetypes (check my sig) that are adepts, for those wanting more different adept types (right now there's a social/shooty adept, a social/punchy adept, a shooty/more shooty adept, and a throwing weapons adept).
Aria
QUOTE (UmaroVI @ Aug 31 2011, 12:05 AM) *
While they don't use Ways, there's several new Archetypes (check my sig) that are adepts, for those wanting more different adept types (right now there's a social/shooty adept, a social/punchy adept, a shooty/more shooty adept, and a throwing weapons adept).

Thanks Umaro...I'll go and have a look and see if there are any nefarious ideas to pinch learn from smile.gif
Seriously Mike
Heh, re-read the Astral Perception/Assensing section in the Corebook. Actually, I don't need a cyberware scanner. However, I think I'll slap some basic soft suite on the Commlink and get another one just for "public presence" like SIN and licenses. I'll make up some cheap Chinese brand for it. wink.gif
Aria
Finally added another WIP adept to the list, Domino - warrior path...it's hard to avoid the lure of rt 4 muscle toner, I failed again...will see if I can work out something different for the burnout adept.

As always, comments very welcome!

I've taken a bit of a liberty with his weapons but 'rule of cool' has always been my rule of thumb...obviously GM approval would be required but as I'm usually a GM...
Aria
Something seems to have glitched :p
Aria
I'm still on the case for completing this archive - I've just added Brand, an artist way adept with a penchant for disguises. Only a couple more to go now!
Aria
Another adept completed (more or less), this time the Burnout - I think I've got the cyber arms right but if anyone spots a mistake please let me know!

Just a couple more adepts to complete the set smile.gif
Aria
Last but one adept added, magician's way this time. I've taken a bit of a liberty with the 'human form' spell but the adept powers that function that way are too slow for my liking (I'm picturing more of a Mystique transformation rather than a slow shifting of form...)

Probably need to pick up a fashion or other clothing manipulation spell too but points only go so far nyahnyah.gif
Aria
Just added Picasso to my adepts...and so the list is complete, one for every way biggrin.gif

That being said, I am already considering volume 2 for the slightly stranger adepts that might or might not make good characters to play but never the less I am looking forward to creating!
Brainpiercing7.62mm
Needs a hacker adept, although that one is harder on the fluff of the ways, since obviously he'll need IRIII. W'hat would you guys suggest?

I have one statted but with house rules and I hate doing board posts for characters, anyway.
Aria
QUOTE (Brainpiercing7.62mm @ Jan 16 2012, 03:46 PM) *
Needs a hacker adept, although that one is harder on the fluff of the ways, since obviously he'll need IRIII. W'hat would you guys suggest?

I have one statted but with house rules and I hate doing board posts for characters, anyway.

I agree...I've decided to expand the list to more than one per way - and I've added a few potentials to the beginning post.

As to the multiple IPs - these are only useful in AR...in VR they disappear and the benefits of being immune to IC damage is hardly a compensation for those hotSIM bonuses. The adept skill increases still work though, they are a substitute for the encephelons, PuSHed etc that mundane hackers will invest in. Also focused concentration and a high enough magic lets you go full VR and ignore the penalties for meat actions...you'll have to turn the RAS overide off though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012