Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magic and Ware Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
CanRay
Basically, I made two players for groups that I can't play (One because I can't play the character, the other because the group fell apart), Nas from my stories, and this new character, all brought together to do a job... Magic and tech combined in a strange mixture.

And then Mr. Johnson is forced to carry the Idiot Ball by his superiors, and makes a very, very, VERY bad mistake...
Stahlseele
J:"Hmm, i have an adept who could be kinda usefull with his skillset . . and we have that guy with the interesting arm, but he is an ass . . i have a cunning plan!"
some hours later:
Jē:"Hmm . . ok, so . . this did not go exactly as planned . . but i think we can learn a valuable lesson from this . . namely'Don't force a Troll-Adept into anything he does not like and giving him something horribly efficient at hurting people at the same time!'"
Mardrax
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 3 2011, 09:46 PM) *
Of the three groups... One *MIGHT*. OK, maybe I'm not giving them credit enough, I am a new person to them, so a stranger whose got "Mad Rep" in the Shadowrun world might intimidate a group just getting into it...

By "Mad Rep," do you mean you're widely acknowledged, or have a reputation for being mad?
Stahlseele
Probably both.
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 3 2011, 03:45 PM) *
Probably both.
Stahl got it right.

Also, I'm from the mountains of Northern Ontario, these Flatlanders think I'm downright completely insane.
Stahlseele
Poor guy.
Why can't you be german and in Hamburg?
I'd love to have you in my group as a co player . .
if only so the GM's pay less attention to me <.<;,
CanRay
'Cause I'm here.
Mardrax
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 3 2011, 09:46 PM) *
EDIT: Back on topic, I'm working on a character concept for my writing (I can rely on that at least somewhat) for a Physical Adept Troll walking The Way Of The Warrior with a Cyberarm (And a story behind that, of course). Thoughts?

Yay for Awakened with cyberlimbs! Especially when they're the non-optimal choice!
I have a semi-leadermancer, full-time squishy with two half-legs of awesome. Used 'ware too. I love him. nyahnyah.gif
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Sep 3 2011, 05:17 PM) *
Yay for Awakened with cyberlimbs! Especially when they're the non-optimal choice!
I have a semi-leadermancer, full-time squishy with two half-legs of awesome. Used 'ware too. I love him. nyahnyah.gif

I made a mage hacker with a cyberarm once. Best character I ever played, even though only one spell would ever work for him... (Shape Ferrous metal)
Stahlseele
*blink blink*
dude, that's genious O.o
shape arm into a blade for example?
Critias
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 3 2011, 02:46 PM) *
EDIT: Back on topic, I'm working on a character concept for my writing (I can rely on that at least somewhat) for a Physical Adept Troll walking The Way Of The Warrior with a Cyberarm (And a story behind that, of course). Thoughts?

It can make for a nasty mo'fo. Except for the troll part, I ran an adept-plus-cyberarm for a long time, and Jace worked out just fine. Nasty piece of work.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 3 2011, 05:32 PM) *
*blink blink*
dude, that's genious O.o
shape arm into a blade for example?

Well, maybe. He didn't have any melee combat skills, but eventually I might've. Mostly, I just used the spell to bolster defence with a barrier or additional armour.

Edit: Two dumbfounded reactions in one day. I'm on a roll.
Stahlseele
*shrugs*
shape arm into shield then, that's good too, right?
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 3 2011, 05:39 PM) *
*shrugs*
shape arm into shield then, that's good too, right?

Well, maybe. See, I didn't want to play with the arm too much (so I upped the armour on it to play with that if I needed to), because if I altered the shape, it wouldn't act as a cyberarm anymore, and would require the right tech skills (cybertech), in order to get teh piecing back in working order. (GM and I worked it out before hand, I didn't invest in the right skills, so I put a cyberwear scanner in the arm. Figured if I can't mess with mine, I might as well know whose I might have the chance to mess with)
Traul
EDIT: never mind
Yerameyahu
Are cyberarms even made of ferrous metal, and doesn't their extremely complex mechanical structure pose a problem? I guess he could have a nonfunctional 'hook' arm. smile.gif
Mardrax
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 4 2011, 01:33 AM) *
Are cyberarms even made of ferrous metal, and doesn't their extremely complex mechanical structure pose a problem? I guess he could have a nonfunctional 'hook' arm. smile.gif

Not to mention you can't affect part of an object with magic, let alone specifically target an implanted piece of cyberware.
CanRay
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 3 2011, 06:33 PM) *
Depends on the quality of the cybernetic you got. If you got some Eastern-European Eurowar Cyberarm, only the finest in steel, tovarishch!
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 3 2011, 07:33 PM) *

Which is another reason I went with the Armour upgrade. It made more sense that the armour could be ferrous, then the whole arm.

QUOTE (Mardrax @ Sep 3 2011, 07:36 PM) *
Not to mention you can't affect part of an object with magic, let alone specifically target an implanted piece of cyberware.

Yes. However, the shape spell can affect any object of the type it is designed for, even if it's a piece of something else, by breaking it down (it reduces the "structure" by force each turn).
Elfenlied
Ganger: So, what you gunna do? Force that arm down my throat?
Bubba: Exactly. *casts turn to goo on cyberarm*
CanRay
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Sep 4 2011, 12:11 PM) *
Ganger: So, what you gunna do? Force that arm down my throat?
Bubba: Exactly. *casts turn to goo on cyberarm*
Ganger: I... Need an adult?
Bubba: I am an adult.
Stahlseele
Uhm . . Turn to goo specifically does NOT work on Cyber-Ware!
You'd turn BUBBA into goo, but the ARM would stay the arm.
Elfenlied
So therefore, I'd need a character with all limbs except one arm replaced by cyberlimbs. Then it works!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012