Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beast Handler PC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
BlackJaw
QUOTE (Paul @ Nov 8 2011, 01:31 PM) *
QUOTE (3278 @ Nov 8 2011, 12:52 PM) *

I was thinking of this while reading your reply: that 6 handicaps your ability to become some interesting things. I really find that limitation troubling; I comprehend the reason for it, but if I were playing a mage, I'd petition the GM for a higher-drain version that was a little more liberal with the difference in allowable Body.

I'd at least listen to this sort of idea.

Let's see what I can get with this limitation: If I move my Body down, I should be able to find plenty of interesting mundane options. With a body of 5 (base) I can use:
  • My Warform Wolfhounds (body 3) - I expect a reasonable GM would allow this.
  • Giant Squid (body 5)
  • Sea Lion (body 7)
  • Maco/Tiger Shark (body 7)
  • Sturgeon (body 6)
  • Alligator/crocodile (body 7)
  • Boar (body 5)
  • Antelope/deer (body 4)
  • Llama (body 7)
  • Donkey (body 6)
  • Gorilla (body 6)
  • Wolverine (body 4)
  • Python (body 4)
  • Boa Constrictor (body 6)
  • Great cat; lion/tiger (body 6)

No birds or other flying critters at body 3, but a number of interesting options none the less.

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Nov 8 2011, 01:20 PM) *
Puppies make excellent Homonculi... :)

Homonculi are expressly non-living. I'm not killing the puppies.

I do see your point that animals are viable here. The advantage to a low Force wickerman is that he can do physical labor/work... although the idea of having a watcher spirit possessed raven on my shoulder is fun.

Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (BlackJaw @ Nov 8 2011, 04:47 PM) *
I do see your point that animals are viable here. The advantage to a low Force wickerman is that he can do physical labor/work... although the idea of having a watcher spirit possessed raven on my shoulder is fun.

Watcher Spirits are astral-only spirits and have the ability to use neither Materialization nor Possession.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ol' Scratch @ Nov 8 2011, 04:48 PM) *
Watcher Spirits are astral-only spirits and have the ability to use neither Materialization nor Possession.

That would be incorrect...

Street Magic, Page 95 Says Different. (Optional Rule)

QUOTE (Street Magic)
Optional Rule: Corps Cadavres and Living Dolls.
The watchers of possession traditions are able to interact with the physical world to a much greater degree than the watchers summoned by other traditions. These watchers have the power of Possession (p. 101) and the skills of Perception 1 and Artisan 1. A dead body possessed by a watcher is called a corps cadavre. A homunculi possessed by a watcher is called a living doll. A watcher’s physical movement is 10/25.

Although it does eliminate the Puppy Idea... frown.gif
If I were your GM, and you were playing this character, I'd be happy to let your watchers possess Body 1 animals like birds and rats and bats and so on. I have a hard time seeing how that'd somehow disrupt my game.
BlackJaw
My Excel spreadsheet continues to mutate:
  • Drop Body to 5, might have tweaked a few other atributes.
  • Removed Gel Packs from both my armors (hello $3,000... which I'm spending below)
  • Raise Intuition to 4 (perception & animal training)
  • Shamelessly Modify Magical Tradition to Intuition instead of Charisma.
  • Remove Sensative System (15bp)
  • Gain Spirit Bane:Toxic (10bp)
  • Gain Flashback (5bp) - Airborn turbulence/combat
  • Spent some cash to upgrade the Dart Rifle a bit more.
  • Bought a force 3 mischief of venomous chimeric crows (with full training). No cyberware, but trained.
  • Made the Cyber-crow into a Seagull, so as to be less confusing with the above crows.
  • Bought a pair of untrained warform dogs (puppies?) that can be trained and integrated into the pack.
  • I've picked up a Force 6 Wicker Man homonculus. I can put any force spirit up to 6 in it if needed... I think?

The force 3 mischief of crows is a bit nasty due to it's ability to deal multiple force 9 toxins.

I'm considering making the Cyber-Seagull a Hummingbird, as it would be smaller and more maneuverable... and shockingly native to Seattle (we get a number of them at our bird feeder even in bad weather. Yes, I live in Seattle.) My concern is that they are still too noticeable, but then so might a Seagull?

Flashback: Airborne Turbulence
So the idea here is that the paracritter smuggling he was involved with, and which landed him in jail, ended with a t-bird full of tranq'd awakened animals being shot down by border guards. He doesn't like flying anymore because of it.

I'd like... to find a way to boost my Animal Husbandry 1 more rank, but I'm not sure where to find 10 more BP without weakening some other area. Recommendations?
Udoshi
QUOTE (BlackJaw @ Nov 8 2011, 06:34 PM) *
I'd like... to find a way to boost my Animal Husbandry 1 more rank, but I'm not sure where to find 10 more BP without weakening some other area. Recommendations?

Use karmagen
Dahrken
QUOTE (BlackJaw @ Nov 8 2011, 08:07 PM) *
Guard dogs, police dogs, and similar in the modern world often have their commands in German or Dutch. It's because the premier police/military dog breeding & training schools are in those countries and it's a lot easier to train the handler to speak the new language than it is for the dog to learn English (or french, spanish, etc) commands.
Only neither my character nor his pets are from Europe... they're from the Cascade Orks... and although I can't find much info on the Cascade Orks (other than they are "tribal" and in favor of smuggling) I figured they may make use of the (fake) Ork language in some token ways. Also, it seemed like a fun way to play up his Pro-Ork stance.

Also german and dutch have very different sounding words for the basic commands that are easy for the dog to identify.

I am French, I have a friend who has two hunting dogs born and raised in Fance, and she often commands them in german.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
I have a stupid question...

In what book is the Parashield Dart Gun. I know that I have seen it, but I am completely unable to find it now. Can anyone guide me in the right direction, or provide the stats for said weapon for me.

Thanks
Udoshi
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Nov 13 2011, 09:29 AM) *
I have a stupid question...

In what book is the Parashield Dart Gun. I know that I have seen it, but I am completely unable to find it now. Can anyone guide me in the right direction, or provide the stats for said weapon for me.

Thanks

Core book.

Just anniversary edition. Also in the changes pdf i think.
BlackJaw
I can confirm that the basics of the Dart Pistol an Dart Rifle are listed in the Changes document, but the write up (including dealing with armor) and the cost of ammo doesn't seem to be listed in it.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Thanks Everyone... I looked in the Core Book. But I must have missed it. Will look again.
smile.gif
BlackJaw
Make sure it's the anniversary edition. The original 4th edition book didn't have it. I can recall noticing the lack of dart gun between the core book and Arsenal back in the day.

Both guns are listed towards the end of the exotic ranged weapon section. They are also mentioned in passing in the write-up for the drug Nurostun.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (BlackJaw @ Nov 14 2011, 12:02 PM) *
Make sure it's the anniversary edition. The original 4th edition book didn't have it. I can recall noticing the lack of dart gun between the core book and Arsenal back in the day.

Both guns are listed towards the end of the exotic ranged weapon section. They are also mentioned in passing in the write-up for the drug Nurostun.

Yeah... I was using Anniversary, and even the Precious. Will look when I get home again.
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012