Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can a character with bone lacing choose to do Stun?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Yerameyahu
It doesn't count, 10 of those were me. biggrin.gif
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Neraph @ Feb 26 2012, 01:56 AM) *
In fact, I have a 2 inch by 1 inch bruise on my forearm from a demonstration two weeks ago about just that - I bruised myself with the blade of a very sharp knife. I will cede that it is fairly difficult to do, and I would imagine tremendously difficult to do so in combat... but that's why you can hold the blade and beat someone with the handle.

Also, the last 20 posts or so basically say some variant of "Yes, do it with a Called Shot of some sort." I just thought I'd point that out for consensus'/completions' sake.

Well, I said "Kind of hard," not "outright impossible."

Was it the unsharpened backside of the blade? Or the flat?
Neraph
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Feb 26 2012, 01:18 AM) *
Well, I said "Kind of hard," not "outright impossible."

Was it the unsharpened backside of the blade? Or the flat?

No, it was the sharpened edge of the blade. One of these days I'll video it and post it online. It's actually not that hard at all, if you know what you're doing.

EDIT: I mean, I hit hard enough where it ruptured some capillaries, but I was not cut at all. Just a big freaking bruise for two weeks now.
Mercer
Maybe you did one box of damage to yourself and have been botching the healing tests. smile.gif If it was stun, it'd be gone within a few hours, but instead you've got a lasting bruise that doesn't give you any wound penalties. (Be careful though, you could stub your toe and fail that big math test or something.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012