Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hungry Guys
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
taeksosin
Okay, having slept on it a bit and what not, gonna go ahead with the following (stolen shamelessly from http://ur-talarius.wikispaces.com/Shadowru...Matrix-Sprites).

Sprites may only perform the Assist Operation task if they possess the Complex Form being boosted, and only one sprite can assist any given Technomancer with the Assist Operation task at any given time.

Barring unusual circumstances, any attempts to compile or register a sprite with a Rating higher than one's Resonance will have the sprite automatically using its Edge to resist compilation or registration.

All Sprites now have the following changes made, so that they may actually perceive and manipulate their native environment, as well as attack and defend themselves (with varying degrees of skill):

Every sprite has the following skills equal to their Rating: Electronic Warfare, Hacking, Computer, Data Search, and also have the Analyze and Browse Complex Forms.
Additionally, all Sprites also now have the Cybercombat skill at half rating, round up, and the Attack and Edit Complex forms at half their rating, round up, unless they are a sprite type that already has these at better.
All other skills and Complex Forms are still dependent on sprite type.

Sprites will have the stats from here, also stolen shamelessly.

Edit: Need the detect hidden node roll, the decrypt roll, AND the hacking roll Phlap. Not just the hacking roll :)
phlapjack77
Heh - sorry, I misunderstood smile.gif

Thanks for the changes to sprites! These rules make a lot more sense.

I've modified my previous post with the new rolls. For the Detect Hidden Nodes, I just rolled 10 times and saw when the 4 hits threshold was reached, which took three tries. I also left the Hacking on the Fly roll up, not sure when you want to say it occurred...
taeksosin
You find the node and decrypt it no problem.

3d6.hits(5)=1

The bike's firewall detects your sprite's attempt to hack it.

Computers (3) + Analyze (3) + Techno/Sprite Bonus (2) (8d6.hits(5)=3)

Your sprite analyzes the node, and determines that there's no IC in it that's going to attack, but the bike is sending a signal to one of the Humanis goons letting them know that their bike is currently resisting a hacking attempt.
taeksosin
RE: Combat order

Knuckles/Nikoli, then Joku/Sketchies. Since, y'know, Knuckles might be getting cracked in the head.
Nikoli
Free action Gesture (neck pop)
Simple action, holster pistol
Simple action, moving forward to screw up his swing.
taeksosin
Throw a melee defense roll out for me Nikoli, since he closed with a charge and swung atcha? Give yourself a +1 since Joku is within a few meters of you, and the guy has a reach of 1 so if your reach is <= then go ahead and throw that +1 away. If there's anything else that might occur modwise, lemme know.
Nikoli
6d6.hits(5)=0
D'oh
Edge to re-roll (no hits)
6d6.hits(5)=1
Slightly Better
phlapjack77
'least it weren't a critical glitch smile.gif
taeksosin
Double post, whoops.
taeksosin
Oh, derp, need a soak roll as well, Body + Impact + 1 (chain has AP of +1). I'll throw up a post after that, then Joku'll post and we'll reroll init.

Edit: I'll just roll it m'self and get things going further. In the future guys, if you wanna roll your dodge attempt and your attempt to soak for the sake of ease and speed, that'd be great. If AP is involved, I'll just peel dice off of the end of the roll.

With net hits and such, Thug 9 is doing 6P damage.

Body (6) + Impact (8) + Chain AP (1) (15d6.hits(5)=7)

Correction, Thug 9 is doing 0P damage. I should roll for you more often apparently. :)

Joku, you're up.
Nikoli
lol, glad to hear it ;)
pbangarth
I'm going to be away from home from Monday morning till Friday afternoon, so if anything serious comes up, feel free to play Willie aggressively and decisively (if not intelligently).
Sketchies
11d6.hits(5)=3

I stabbed a man. Its an attempted shank. May his kidney be punctured and punctured well.
Jronski
I am going to be out of town on a backpacking trip starting Sunday-Saturday (going to be completely unplugged). If I am not back by the time it is my turn I have given taeksosin or mrdrosselmeier permission to post for me to post for me.
mrdrosselmeier
Do we need to reroll initiative now?
taeksosin
Thug 9 defending: Reaction (4) + Clubs (2) (6d6.hits(5)=3)

Tie goes to the defender, shame. Everyone init up. I'll roll Willie's since he's away from compie.

Willie's Init: Reaction (7) + Int (3) (10d6.hits(5)=3)
phlapjack77
Initiative:6d6.hits(5) = 3 + 6 = 9 init total
Nikoli
8d6.hits(5)=4+8 =12 total
Jronski
Reaction (5) + Int (4)= (9d6.hits(5)=1)

Yay one hit....

10 Initiative
mrdrosselmeier
8d6.hits(5)=1 + base initiative (Rea 3 + Int 5 = 8)=9

Lamers, on the initiative but there you go hehe.
pbangarth
I'm back. Thanks for the Init roll.
taeksosin
Init Order:
Willie: 13
Knuckles: 12 - Higher Reaction than Joku
Joku: 12
Rakki: 10
Thug 9: 10
MM: 9 - More successes, so first.
Tzebua: 9
Thug 5: 7
Thug 3: 6
Thug 2: 6
Thug 8: 5
Thug Leader: 4

Willie's up, updating map and adding an IC post.
pbangarth
Willie figures to join in the general mayhem by shooting at Humanis Goon #5, at the intersection of the road and the entrance to the warehouse. I don't know the distance, but he will use a Take Aim action to use Image magnification to negate the distance penalty.

Burst fire from AK 97, base DV 6P + narrow burst +2DV = 8P, AP -1

AGI 5 + Automatics (submachine gun) 5 + Smartlink 2 - range (negated) 0 - recoil (compensated) 0 = 12 dice ==> 5 HITS

So, 8P + up to 5P more, AP -1
Nikoli
Knuckles will take another swing at the chain wielding goon
Skill (2) + AGI (4) + Friend in combat (1)=7d6.hits(5)=2

Work things have gotten annoying, eating more time than usual. Will try check in on day off (Sunday).
taeksosin
Note to self: Remember to add a grid (hex or square, unsure yet) to represent ranges on the next map.

Thug 5:

Dodge Test: Reaction (3) + Partial Cover from Car (2) (5d6.hits(5)=1)
Willie has 4 net hits, Thug 5 needs to resist 12P, AP -1 damage.

Soak Test: Ballistic (6) + Body (2) - AP (1) (7d6.hits(5)=1)
1 Hit, Thug 5 takes 11P damage, dropping him. He's not quite dead, but unless DocWagon shows up in short order, he'll be a corpse in the gutter.

Thug 9:
Parry Test: Reaction (4) + Clubs (2) (6d6.hits(5)=2)

Tie, yet again, goes to the defender. This is one darn lucky Humanis scumbag, eh?

Joku, you're up.
taeksosin
Also, finally got smart and added a grid to the map. Each hex = 5 meters.
pbangarth
Thanks! The grid is really helpful.
taeksosin
Added labels for the grids. The ones with the line coming out (starting at b) refer to the rows of hexes that don't have an outside hex, if that makes any sense. For example, Thug 9 (the red 9) is on B-28.
Sketchies
11d6.hits(5)=4

One more stab at this guy. Hopefully I will actually hit something with my little knife that causes death.
taeksosin
Thug 9 parrying Joku's attack: Reaction (4) + Clubs (2) (6d6.hits(5)=4)
Forgot to account for him already defending once against Nikoli, so stripping the last roll off, which gives him 3 successes. So it's a hit.

3P + 1 net hit = 4P, AP 0 damage to soak.

Thug 9 Damage soak: Body (2) + Impact Armor (4) (6d6.hits(5)=2)

Thug 9 takes 2P damage.

Rakki is up. Feel free to post for him MrDrosselmier
mrdrosselmeier
Agi. 6 + Skill 3 = Infiltration 9 (9d6.hits(5)=3)

Attempting to position self behind thug 9 to get a good whack in. Also readying weapon. Active chameleon suit knocks 4 die off of targets ability to see him. Not sure what kind of negative modifier gets tacked onto the target's perception for already being engaged in combat.

Oh, and posting for Rakki.
Jronski
I'm back! Thank you mrdosselmeier for posting. I am just happy to be back in civilization. Porcelain is a marvelous thing.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Jronski @ Aug 5 2012, 04:10 PM) *
I'm back! Thank you mrdosselmeier for posting. I am just happy to be back in civilization. Porcelain is a marvelous thing.

Alas, sometimes 'civilization' leads to a too-close association with porcelain.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Jronski @ Aug 6 2012, 04:10 AM) *

Learn to love the squat toilet! smile.gif

I'll be out of town for the next 5 weeks or so - please auto-pilot MM as necessary smile.gif

He intends to beat up the Gang Leader, steal his bike (or another one of the Humanis bikes, whatever he can get his hands on) and return to the chop shop. He'll have the autopilot on his bike meet him there.

Want me to post up his next initiative pass action, even though Thug 9 hasn't gone yet?
taeksosin
Go ahead and post up phlap. incoming post from me later today.
phlapjack77
MM's gonna charge the gang leader and try to hit him with the stun staff

Skill(2) + Agi(4) + Personalized Grip(1) + Charging(2) + Reach(2) = 3 hits

Damage is 6S, electrical with half armor etc

Apologies if I didn't do this right...
pbangarth
Anybody here going to be gone during Gencon?
taeksosin
Nope. Wouldn't mind going some day, but I'm not monied like that.
Jronski
What is Gencon? Wooo tenth post, not on probation anymore
pbangarth
Big convention in August. About 40,000+ attendees. Big.
mrdrosselmeier
It's thug 9's turn, right? Or am I off?
taeksosin
Apologies gents, completely lost track that I needed a post. Anywhoot...

Thug 9 breaks away from Joku, Nikoli and Rakki, running towards his boss.
Rolling your opportunity attacks (can't remember for the life of me what Shadowrun calls them)

Nikoli: Skill (2) + AGI (4) + Friend in combat (2) (8d6.hits(5)=4)
Thug 9 Block: Reaction (4) + Clubs (2) (6d6.hits(5)=2)
Thug 9 soaks against 6P damage.
Thug 9 Soak: Body (2) + Impact Armor (4) (6d6.hits(5)=2)
Thug 9 takes 4P damage.

Joku: Agi (5) + Blades (4) + Improved Blades (2) + Friends in Combat (2) - Reach (1) (12d6.hits(5)=4)
Thug 9 Block: Reaction (4) + Clubs (2) - Condition Modifier (2) (4d6.hits(5)=1)
Thug 9 soaks against 6P damage.
Thug 9 Soak: Body (2) + Impact Armor (4) - Condition Modifier (2) (4d6.hits(5)=3)
Thug 9 takes 3P damage and drops, bleeding out.

Thug 0 does not get to attempt to dodge/block the attack, since MM is approaching him from behind, and he's a bit riveted on his boys getting beat down.
Thug 0 soaks against 9S damage.
Thug 0 Soak: Body (4) + Armor Vest (4) - AP (2) - Condition Modifier (3) (3d6.hits(5)=0)
Thug 0 takes 9S damage and is knocked to the ground.
Thug 0 electric damage resistance: Body (4) + Willpower (1) + .5 Armor (2) - Condition Modifier (6) (1d6.hits(5)=1)
Thug 0 fails and is incapacitated for 5 rounds.

mrdrosselmeier, you're up.
mrdrosselmeier
Does not sustain Poltergeist. Moving out of crowd then casting LOS ignite force 5 at thug 3.

Ignite: MAG 4 + Spellcasting 4 + Manipulation Spec 2 + Power focus 1= 11 (11d6.hits(5)=6)

6 hits. Opposed test by thug required. Body + Counterspelling (if applicable).

If successful, thug three takes Force (5) fire damage ("treat Fire damage as Physical damage, but Impact armor only protects against it
with half its value rounded up" SR4 Core book, page 164) and an increasing box of damage each turn. "Resolve the damage at the end of each Combat Turn by making a Damage Resistance Test using the victim’s Body + half Impact armor."(SR4 core book, page 210). If he has any combustibles on his person, gm can rule variant damage and effects.

Drain roll: Resist drain: WILL 5 + INT 5 = 10 (10d6.hits(5)=0)

... 0 hits. DV for ignite=F/2 rounded down. Force 5/2 = 2. Two more boxes of stun damage from drain. Tzebua now has a -1 to all actions.
taeksosin
Fight's over, obviously. You've got four guys either dead or bleeding out (saveable with a bit of first aid if you so desire), a leader type who's going to recover, and five guys that rode off into the night (at least, that's what I think the count is, lol). I'll let you guys RP up talking a bit and what not, exchanging numbers if you like. MM has control of one of the bikes, and can add that to his inventory once you guys take off for the night. The rest are being eagerly approached by a variety of folks that look like they have their mind set on going home with a new vehicle.

Let me know if you want to spend any time on this, if not, we can fast forward with the assumption that numbers and such were exchanged. A vote on what you wanna do with the Humanis leader would be nice as well.

Oh, and Thug 3 is lit up and currently cooking on the sidewalk, sorry.
phlapjack77
MM is looting what he can from the ganger leader, then staying low and behind cover until he feels safe enough to head out.
mrdrosselmeier
Tzebua is going to check with the others to see if its okay to sell the bodies of the slain to the organ leggers. If everybody's cool with it, he'll pile the bodies, cast preserve, and get in contact with his people. He'll also rifle around on them a bit for any goods he can find and is totally taking a tooth for himself off the guy he fried. Oh, and running a tag eraser over everything out of practicality and paranoia. Lemme know if I need to roll anything for that.

Tentative preserve cast roll:

Casting preserve: MAG 4+ Spellcasting 4 + Manipulation Spec. 2 = 10 (10d6.hits(5)=4)

I forgot to subtract one for fade damage but I forgot to add one for my foci so the roll is still good hehe.

Rolling for fade: Force (4) / 2 = 2 vs Int 5 +Wil 5 = 10 (I don't think my fade damage affects my fade roll so far as I can tell but please let me know if I'm wrong)

10d6.hits(5)=5

Cool. No more fade. Wish I'd had that roll previously hehe. IC post incoming.

pbangarth
A last-minute opportunity to go to a cottage has come up. I'll be away from computer till Monday. Carry on, and try not to kill my PC!
taeksosin
No problem. Gonna poke Sketchies and Jronski with a stick and make them post. smile.gif
Jronski
Posting I am so sorry! First week of college messed me all up.
Jronski
quick question how long did this fight take because by the times at the top of the posts I am getting that it took like four days. Maybe I misunderstand what the times are.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012