Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hungry Guys
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
taeksosin
Alright guys, gonna go ahead and open this up. Lots of things stolen from various people by me, so I don't have to come up with the conventions myself. Credit to Redjack and Nikoli.

Link to the IC thread

IC posting format:

{Time/Date}
Electronic Conversation
Actions
"Speech in English"
"{Language}Speaking in non English language"
(Subtle Actions, Commlink changes, equipment activation,etc)

Dice rolls will be done at http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/
For the campaign name, please use Hungry Guys. Obviously, use your character's shadowrunning alias for character name.
As for doing dice rolls and what not, something along the lines of
Intuition(5) + Perception(2) + Visual Specialization(2) + Visual Enhancement(3) + Actively looking(3) 15d6.hits(5)=4
would be most appreciated. All dice rolls in the OOC thread, obviously. For the link bit, once you make the roll on invisiblecastle, the bottom line has a bbcode link that you can use. Do your rolls as Xd6.(hits5) . This will have it count the number of hits for you, saving a bit of math/writing.
Anything you wants to do sneakily and what not, feel free to shoot me a PM. Can also do so if you need clarification.

If you could disable sigs/emoticons in your posts in IC and OOC, I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for 1-3 posts per week. I'll attempt to post as frequently as you guys do, but I'm pledging myself to that minimum of 1 per week.
taeksosin
Cast of Shadows
taeksosin
Locations

Microsoft abandoned warehouse
[ Spoiler ]
taeksosin
Notes
taeksosin
Misc
Nikoli
Judge Intentions test on the Blue Thing
6d6.hits(5)=3

Leadership Test to Persuade the both of them to "keep it friendly"
4d6.hits(5)=2

edit, scratch the leadership test.
pbangarth
Judge Intentions on Blue Boy: INT 3 + CHA 2 = 5 dice ==> 0 HITS

Whoooey! We'all gettin' off to a good start, ain't we?

Well, at least it wasn't a glitch. I can work with that.
phlapjack77
The rolls DO even out, pb, just over different games apparently smile.gif

Compiling F3 machine sprite: Compiling(2) + Res(4) + Paragon(+1) = 7d6.hits(5) = 5 hits!!!
Optional CF: Decrypt

Sprite resists: F3 = 3d6.hits(5) = 0 hits, critical glitch
No fading resist needed by MM

Sprite owes: 5 4 3 services
Service 1 - cause accident to biker gang
Service 2 - hack motorcycle to give access

Vehicle Identification CF: CF(4) + Res(4) + Microphone(ears smile.gif +2) = 10d6.hits(5) = 5 hits

Can MM get some info on the bikes being ridden by the Humanis members? I'll put it in his IC post
taeksosin
Harley Davidson Scorpions, naturally.
Nikoli
Also, can We get some more details on what's on the street they are riding through? Are there cars tightly packed for parking, used barrels with fires for light and heat, etc?
taeksosin
I'll get an improved map up for you tonight, detailing out the parking areas and what not. Basically though, there's enough for the area immediately outside and across the street from the warehouse for lowlight seeing characters to have no penalty, and for standard eyes to take a -1 visibility mod. The parking lot is fairly packed, but is decently organized thanks to you and your men (think parking at a county fair, on the grass/surface in rows, but not all that well done).
taeksosin
Eh, forget about the improved map. Essentially, there's enough light for most everyone except MM to see by easily (anyone with lowlight or better), parking lot is county fair style, just on concrete instead of grass. Cars are able to pull out and leave, but they need to be careful doing so.
Jronski
Hey everyone, sorry took me so long to get set up. This is my first play by post game so if I am f***ing things up please let me know. I have RPed before both table top and MMO, but still getting use to the learning curve of play by post stuff.
Nikoli
My admittedly rusty experience is that each game (pbp, table top, mmo, etc) each have a unique pace, even within each sub-genre. The nice thing is, you can edit in a pbp. you have the time to scrutinize your actions before you post them. Hell, I've been considering how to best distract or disable a pack of bikers based on personal experience riding. Best I've come up with is to kick over a flaming barrel of distraction as the Scoot passes, but that at best will prompt a crash test, maybe a composure test and a heads up that they picked the wrong ally to chase an orc. My concern is that they might be paid up on protection with the right people, my people, and I might be pissing in the boss's soy-flakes.
taeksosin
Should have posts from mrdrosselmier (Stumble Bumbles) and shadowsketcher(Joku) up some time today. They've done the email thing, blah blah blah, waiting for their accounts to go active. If it looks like it'll take anything longer than today, they'll shoot me their posts and I'll put them up for them to get the game moving. Joku, by the by, is a very effective elf face/street sammy who's gone down a bit in the world. Also, for the evening's enjoyment, she's employed by Knuckle's boss as a cheap extra pair of hands to keep the concertgoers in line. I'm figuring she's on the door since she's, well, this cute lil' elf chick who's frisking you instead of a pissed off looking ork.
taeksosin
Posted for shadowsketcher, since she's still waiting to get approved. Just waiting on drossie and I'll advance this thing provided you guys don't have anything else you wants to add smile.gif
Nikoli
So, after stepping out for a smoke, I can see the bikes?
taeksosin
Absolutely, they started roaring towards you before you had a chance to light that cigarette. A few seconds after you stepped outside, you got commed by Joku and can see the bikes yourself.
Nikoli
athletic check for lifting
7d6.hits(5)=3
pbangarth
Hey gang, I'm away to the cottage for the long weekend (here in Canada), and won't be near a computer till Monday night. Carry on the good stuff and I'll catch up then.
Nikoli
Have fun
taeksosin
No problem, have a good time! In the mean time, let's get some action going.

Humanis Leader's (0) pilot ground craft check: Reaction (3) + Pilot Ground Craft (3): 6d6.hits(5)=2
Humanis Thug (1) pilot ground craft check: Reaction (3) + Pilot Ground Craft (1): 4d6.hits(5)=0
Humanis Thug (2) pilot ground craft check: Reaction (1) + Pilot Ground Craft (1): 2d6.hits(5)=1
Humanis Thug (3) pilot ground craft check: Reaction (1) + Pilot Ground Craft (1): 2d6.hits(5)=0
Humanis Thug (4) pilot ground craft check: Reaction (2) + Pilot Ground Craft (1): 3d6.hits(5)=0
Humanis Thug (5) pilot ground craft check: Reaction (3) + Pilot Ground Craft (1): 4d6.hits(5)=0
Humanis Thug (6) pilot ground craft check: Reaction (1) + Pilot Ground Craft (1): 2d6.hits(5)=0
Humanis Thug (7) pilot ground craft check: Reaction (1) + Pilot Ground Craft (4): 5d6.hits(5)=3
Humanis Thug (cool.gif pilot ground craft check: Reaction (3) + Pilot Ground Craft (2): 5d6.hits(5)=2
Humanis Thug (9) pilot ground craft check: Reaction (4) + Pilot Ground Craft (3): 7d6.hits(5)=1

Rolling this since I forgot to add handling. 0-9, so leader - humanis #9 (2d6.hits(5)=2, 2d6.hits(5)=1, 2d6.hits(5)=0, 2d6.hits(5)=0, 2d6.hits(5)=1, 2d6.hits(5)=0, 2d6.hits(5)=0, 2d6.hits(5)=0, 2d6.hits(5)=1, 2d6.hits(5)=0)

Humanis Thug 4 resisting 14P damage from barrel and flying off bike: Body (1) + 1/2 Impact (2): (3d6.hits(5)=1). 13P damage inflicted, dead.
Humanis Thug 1 resisting 10P damage from flying off bike: Body (3) + 1/2 Impact (2): 5d6.hits(5)=0. Bleeding to death.
Humanis Thug 6 resisting 10P damage from flying off bike: Body (5) + 1/2 Impact (2): 7d6.hits(5)=3. 7P damage taken.
Humanis Thug 7 resisting 5P damage from debris: Body (5) + Impact (4): 9d6.hits(5)=2. 3P damage taken.
Humanis Thug 8 resisting 5P damage from debris: Body (2) + Impact (4): 6d6.hits(5)=2. 3P damage taken.

Will have the RP post up in the morning, it's getting late for me. Everyone throw me an initiative roll, any I don't see by noonish PST tomorrow I'll roll myself.
Nikoli
Will #'s 7 and 8 have trouble with the guys in front of them?

Also, prepare for bowling reference on next post...
phlapjack77
Initiative:6d6.hits(5) = 2 + 6 = 8 init total

Starting money: 3d6 * 50 = 7 * 50 = 350

Nice move with the flaming barrel! I dub thee, Donkey Kong...
Nikoli
Initiative: 8d6.hits(5)=4

I take offense to that, just wait till I get the mob hitman known as "The Plumber" to come for you wink.gif
mrdrosselmeier
Initiative:Int(5)+Rea(3)=Ini(8) (8d6.hits(5)=3) + 8 = 11
taeksosin
Rakki: Reaction (5) + Int (4) = (9d6.hits(5)=4)
Willie: Reaction (7) + Int (3) = (10d6.hits(5)=2)
Joku: Reaction (4) + Int (4) = (8d6.hits(5)=4)

Intiative Order:
Rakki: 13
Willie: 12
Joku: 12
Knuckles: 12
Tzebua: 11
MM: 8
Thug 9: 8
Thug Leader: 8
Thug 5: 7
Thug 8: 6
Thug 3: 6
Thug 2: 6
Thug 7: 4
Thug 6: 2

You guys can fight out who's first and what not. It defaults to what, highest initiative pool, then edge, then who cares? smile.gif Also, went ahead and used Shadowrun Squad Manager to roll initiative for the thugs. Much faster than doing it on invisible castle, since there is some variation in their stats, and I'm not a big fan of large clumps of guys all going at once (though, admittedly, that's how it seems to have turned out this go round).

Also, updated the map to reflect updated positions based on posts. Rakki and Willie, figure it's going to take 1 combat turn for you guys to get to the entrance, approx. ending up where Stumbles/the S on the map is.
pbangarth
I'll wait to post for Willie till Rakki with the higher Initiative goes. As far as the others at 12, my actions won't interfere with them anyway.
taeksosin
I spoke w/him today, he's typing it up tonight on his Kindle fire.
Nikoli
Range to "0"?
Jronski
I hope I did this right...

Infiltration check for blending into the crowd
Infiltration check Infiltration (9)+ Chameleon Suit (2) (11d6.hits(5)=1)
Awe fail!

Observing to fight trying to figure out what to do next
Perception Check
Perception (7) (7d6.hits(5)=5)
Judge Intentions
Judge Intentions (6) (6d6.hits(5)=3)

Composure check to see if he can restrain from rushing in like an idiot
Composure (4) (4d6.hits(5)=2)
taeksosin
QUOTE (Nikoli @ Jul 2 2012, 10:15 PM) *
Range to "0"?

Don't exactly get what you mean by this.
Nikoli
distance from Knuckles to the mook labeled "0" since we have no reason to think of him as a leader yet.
Nikoli
Quickdraw test: 8d6.hits(5)=3
Firing: 9d6.hits(5)=4
phlapjack77
Posting my action before Tzebua does, hope it's ok - I don't think it will affect anything...
mrdrosselmeier
I was just waiting for Joku since she was ahead of me and hadn't posted yet.
taeksosin
Sorry about the delay. Joku's b-day, fourth of July, baby with a fever and my class final tomorrow have been time draining. Knuckles, 0 is 19m away. Warehouse is approx. 100m x 40m, to give a sense of scale.
Sketchies
Using commanding shout against closest cluster of bikers. (13d6.hits(5)=3)

Commanding Shout vs. Biker cluster. Hopefully something good will happen.
mrdrosselmeier
Casting Poltergeist centered on biker gang:

Force 4 Poltergeist (AOE): Spellcasting(4)+ Magic(4)+ Manipulation Specialization(2)+ Power focus(1)=11 (11d6.hits(5)=4)

(Forgot to roll drain to show hits, but I got three so I take two damage; it'll show in the link)
Force(4)/2+3=Drain(5) vs. Int(5)+Wil(5)=Resist(10) (10d6=32)
pbangarth
We're still in the first combat round, right? Willie used up the whole round to get to the door with his weapon.
taeksosin
Yeah, still the first round, movement to door was it, etc. Post is incoming, done with classes. smile.gif
Nikoli
And?
pbangarth
We did say "once a week" minimum. I think that applies to the GM as well.
Nikoli
Fair enough ;)
pbangarth
Yeah, typically play in these things experiences a swarm of posts at the start that slowly subsides. Keeping an achievable target may keep the game going.
phlapjack77
Still around taeksosin?
taeksosin
Sorry about the delay, lil' GM's birthday, folks in town, etc. Everyone take 2 Karma for waiting on me. On to the action!

Dodge Test for Thug Leader vs Knuckles = Reaction (2) (2d6.hits(5)=1)
Damage Soak for Thug Leader vs Knuckles = Body (4) + Armor Vest (6) - AP (2) (8d6.hits(5)=3)
Thug 0 takes 6P and is knocked down.

Resist Test for Commanding Voice = Willpower (2) + Leadership (2) + 2 (Additional Targets) (6d6.hits(5)=1)

Resist Test for Thug 0 vs Poltergeist = Impact (4) (4d6.hits(5)=1) - No Reaction modifier due to being prone
Thug 0 takes 3P.

Resist Test for Thug 9 vs Poltergeist = Reaction (4) + Impact (4) (8d6.hits(5)=3)
Thug 9 takes 1P.

Resist Test for Thug 8 vs Poltergeist = Reaction (3) + Impact (4) (7d6.hits(5)=0)
Thug 8 takes 4P.

Resist Test for Thug 7 vs Poltergeist = Reaction (1) + Impact (4) (5d6.hits(5)=2)
Thug 7 takes 2P.

Melee Attack Test for Thug 9 vs Knuckles = Agility (5) + Clubs (2) + Charging (2) (10d6.hits(5)=3)

Thug Leader/0 stands up and tosses his shotgun down on the ground. He limps out of the poltergeist cloud towards cover behind one of the cars while yelling at his gang to cover him.
Thug 9 tosses his Predator on the ground. He then unwraps a length of chain from around his arm and charges Knuckles swinging his chain.
Thugs 2, 3 and 5 wheel their bikes around and dismount short of the debris. They ready their firearms and move to take cover behind cars in the parking lot.
Thug 8 tosses his Colt on the ground and proceeds to pull a holdout pistol from his vest and tosses it down as well. He then starts moving towards 2's bike.
Thug 7 stumbles out of the poltergeist cloud, gets on his bike, and takes off into the night.
Thug 6 does the same, but without the cloud.

Second IP, same init order. Believe that Rakki, Knuckles, Joku and Willie all have a second IP. However, Rakki and Willie have spent their entire moving to the door and getting weaponed up (Jronski, feel free to edit your post if Rakki would have checked his axe at the door). So, Knuckles and Joku, it's on you.

MM, feel free to toss your sprites hacking roll out for me. Or, when I get back to having computer access today, I'll take care of it. Figure you'll need a Detect Hidden Nodes (Electronic Warfare + Scan, 4), Decryption (Electronic Warfare + Decrypt), Hack on the Fly (Hacking + Exploit). Gonna rule that finding the node and decrypting it will have occurred before the active fight broke out, giving your turn in the first IP the chance to have the Hack on the Fly occur, and the sprites second/third IP the chance for you to do fun stuff with it.
pbangarth
Hey, taeksosin, the map #3 shows Willie and Rakki still by the bar. Our IC text has us arriving at the door with weapons by the end of the round. Is the map timed at the beginning of the round?
phlapjack77
QUOTE (taeksosin @ Jul 17 2012, 12:06 AM) *
MM, feel free to toss your sprites hacking roll out for me. Or, when I get back to having computer access today, I'll take care of it. Figure you'll need a Detect Hidden Nodes (Electronic Warfare + Scan, 4), Decryption (Electronic Warfare + Decrypt), Hack on the Fly (Hacking + Exploit). Gonna rule that finding the node and decrypting it will have occurred before the active fight broke out, giving your turn in the first IP the chance to have the Hack on the Fly occur, and the sprites second/third IP the chance for you to do fun stuff with it.

Heh - having never played a Techno before, I'm seeing what people are saying when they complain about Sprites. Only 3 skills, 3 CFs, 3 powers for the Machine sprite...so that means the Hacking + Exploit is a longshot test

Detect Hidden Nodes (Electronic Warfare + Scan, 4) - three tries to get 4 hits
Decryption (Electronic Warfare + Decrypt) : 3 hits

IP 1:Hacking on the Fly: 3d6.hitsopen(5,6) = 1 hit
taeksosin
Ah, forgot to update your guys position. Since this is the 2nd IP (still first round) I'm gonna go with you're still making your way through the crowd/getting your gun/etc. Since movement works per round, not per IP (well, technically it does, but for the time being this is easier).

RE: Sprites and their skills. That is kind of lame. Lemme do some thinking, might houserule that they have all matrix skills equal to Rating, with a specialization chosen by you for every 2 or 3 Rating.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012