Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Down in the Puyallups V
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Redjack
This is a continuation of the Down in the Puyallups pbp series.

Current characters are:
- Jazz: Female Human Hacker from Atlanta
- Revan: Male Dwarven Mage of the Chaos tradition; Seattle native.
- Kit: Female Japanese Surged Elf Shinto Priest on the run.
- Chunan: Male Chinese Human Adept refugee from Hong Kong.
Saytr
Woot! Excited to gt this ball rolling.
Thanee
smile.gif

Just to be sure... it's 8:30 am and the meet is 11:00 am?

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
QUOTE (Saytr @ Sep 9 2012, 09:13 PM) *
Woot! Excited to gt this ball rolling.

Ditto!
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 10 2012, 02:10 PM) *
Just to be sure... it's 8:30 am and the meet is 11:00 am?
Yes.

Also as you can see above, there will be one new player joining the team. Anything you all feel you are missing with the team that is assembling?
Thanee
A quick Data Search on Underworld 93 -> 4+3+4=11 hits

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 10 2012, 02:25 PM) *
A quick Data Search on Underground 93 -> 4+3+4=11 hits
Underground 93 comes back null results.

A search for Underworld 93 however.... Results from 11 hits:

Underworld 93 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup District, Seattle.
From the outside, this mostly unassuming building appears as a ferrocrete warehouse retaining many of the industrial elements of its initial design. Only the tall AR-enhanced marquee outside blazing its name betray its true nature during off hours. Last year, its long-time manager, Al Costanzo passed away and was replaced with a dwarf named Vince O’Halloran. The club is a fixture in the nightlife of Seattle and has been for well over twenty years. Mercurial. DarkVine. JetBlack. Shield Wall. CrimeTime. Melody Tyger... The top names started here and still come back here. One of the top ten night spots in Seattle; tickets are hard to get and sell out fast.
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Sep 10 2012, 10:18 PM) *
Underground 93 comes back null results.

A search for Underworld 93 however.... Results from 11 hits: ...

Did you mean Underworld 93? biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 10 2012, 03:27 PM) *
Did you mean Underworld 93? biggrin.gif
Your edit did not beat my quoting. nyahnyah.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Sep 10 2012, 09:23 PM) *
Also as you can see above, there will be one new player joining the team.

Yep. Welcome, Chunan! smile.gif

Anything you all feel you are missing with the team that is assembling?

Hmm... no, not really.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Sep 10 2012, 11:01 PM) *
Your edit did not beat my quoting. nyahnyah.gif

Heh. No, certainly not.

But that wasn't what I meant there... it was the response from Jazz's sophisticated Browse Program. biggrin.gif

Did you mean <corrected query>?

Bye
Thanee
Grinchy McScrooge
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 10 2012, 05:01 PM) *
Yep. Welcome, Chunan! smile.gif
Thanks! After running solo for the past couple months, I'm really looking forward to rolling with a group cuz it's a lot more fun that way. And Redjack has proven that street muscle ain't got no charisma. embarrassed.gif
cndblank
"CU@Java Joes@10?"

I was suggesting we meet up at the Java Joe's coffee shop near Underworld 93 an hour before the meet.
Oh well.
Thanee
Whoops! embarrassed.gif

I retroedited a reply to that message into my last post. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Couple of quick questions: I know when Jazz arrives, what time does everyone else arrive.

I know how everyone but Kit gets there. (Too bad no one met you for Coffee. I'll post in a little sequence with Jane in my catch up post.)
Grinchy McScrooge
QUOTE (Redjack @ Sep 12 2012, 04:21 PM) *
Couple of quick questions: I know when Jazz arrives, what time does everyone else arrive.

I know how everyone but Kit gets there. (Too bad no one met you for Coffee. I'll post in a little sequence with Jane in my catch up post.)

I'm not sure how far away Chunan is from Underworld 93. I'm guessing no more than an hour away. Chunan needs to hit up a Stuffer Shack not too far from Underworld 93 so he can freshen and grab some food. I'd like to have him walk to Underworld after he freshens up, but only if that won't make him late. If there's a chance to grab fresh clothing without being late, he;ll take that too. I'm aiming to have him get there by 10:50am if possible.

I can write another post filling in the time, if you give me an idea of how it'll take him to get there and which of the options I described is available and/or within the time-frame.
Redjack
QUOTE (Grinchy McScrooge @ Sep 13 2012, 04:28 AM) *
I can write another post filling in the time, if you give me an idea of how it'll take him to get there and which of the options I described is available and/or within the time-frame.
He is probably a 20 minute walk right now. Round trip to a stuffer shack and down to UW93... less than an hour. Plenty of time to kill.
Grinchy McScrooge
QUOTE (Redjack @ Sep 13 2012, 07:07 AM) *
He is probably a 20 minute walk right now. Round trip to a stuffer shack and down to UW93... less than an hour. Plenty of time to kill.

Okay putting together a short post, including Chunan's visit to Akbar's Stuffer Shack. If you have an address you'd like me to use, let me know. Otherwise, it's just gonna be a random address in the vicinity.
Grinchy McScrooge
For choosing the correct clothing:
Intuition + Disguise [defaulting] = 4 - 1 = 3 --> [6,3,4] = 1 hit
cndblank
Jumped back to the 5 minutes between when Kit arrived at the table and Jazz arrived at 1058.

Glitched the roll.
3700448 Kit cndblank Puyallups 1@9d6.hits(5)
[1,1,1,4,1,1,6,5,2]= (2)
Smell Perception Observe in Detail - check out Underworld 93, the shotgun wielding human, Tiny, and Chunan. P1 + I5 +3 smell Vomeronasal Organ with Eidetic Sense Memory I'll roll it unless you want to make the roll. Eidetic Sense Memory An adept with this power has the ability to memorize all types of sensory input. Besides perfect photographic visual memory, the adept can recollect sounds, textures, tastes, and smells - and any combination thereof. The adept can recall these sensory impressions at will, and will remember who or what they have memorized in future encounters. The adept can also photo-read, greatly increasing their reading speed.

Checking if being followed (note time at Java Jane was so she could check the scents of those around her plus she likes to smell the coffee).

3700452 Kit cndblank Puyallups 1@9d6.hits(5)
[1,5,4,6,1,5,2,1,2]= (3)
Shadowing roll to make sure wasn't followed using nose to see if anyone is following her. P1 + I5 +3 smell Vomeronasal Organ with Eidetic Sense Memory I'll roll it unless you want to make the roll. Eidetic Sense Memory An adept with this power has the ability to memorize all types of sensory input. Besides perfect photographic visual memory, the adept can recollect sounds, textures, tastes, and smells - and any combination thereof. The adept can recall these sensory impressions at will, and will remember who or what they have memorized in future encounters. The adept can also photo-read, greatly increasing their reading speed.

Disguise roll
3700422 Kit cndblank Puyallups 1@6d6.hits(5)
[5,6,6,5,1,6]=(5)
Second Disguise roll S1 I5 = 6 12-Sep-18 11:20
Redjack
Please link rolls and post all rolls. To link, select "Insert Special Item" and select "URL".
QUOTE (sr4a @ 65)
Trying Again
A character may attempt a task she has previously failed, but each successive attempt incurs a –2 dice pool modifier.

Kit:
Disguise roll - Disguise(1) + Intuition(5) [3,1,2,2,4,1] = 0 hits
Disguise roll, trying again - Disguise(1) + Intuition(5) + Second Attempt(-2) [5,6,6,5,1,6] = 4 hits

Also from a story telling perspective, it would be cool to see your IC post contain descriptions about the disguising.
Thanee
While feeling slightly rebuffed by the Japanese greeting

LOL, that was my first thought... "dude, he's chinese!" biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Grinchy McScrooge
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 20 2012, 04:49 PM) *
LOL, that was my first thought... "dude, he's chinese!" biggrin.gif

Thanks! I felt it would be really odd if my character didn't react to it, at least internally. notworthy.gif

BTW I should mention that I work nights (EST), so with a quick sequential posting thread like you guys had this morning, you probably won't see anything from me right away (depending in the time of day of course). cyber.gif
Saytr
That's cool, as for the greeting while chunan is Chinese Revan doesn't know that and being of Asian decent himself he was only being polite for his heritage and greeting him in his own fashion.
Grinchy McScrooge
QUOTE (Saytr @ Sep 20 2012, 05:03 PM) *
That's cool, as for the greeting while chunan is Chinese Revan doesn't know that and being of Asian decent himself he was only being polite for his heritage and greeting him in his own fashion.

I figured it was probably something like that. Historically, SR (and Cyberpunk in general) has always had a strong Japanese-focused theme. Any character unaware of the differences would automatically greet an Asian in Japanese. smile.gif
cndblank
Hoi Chunan!

True and a good rule. Sorry.

Disguise 1:
Fullface respirator, rubber gloves, long coat with extra chemical protection, sealed boots, cleaning solution.
Fashioned to make the wearer appear more androgynous.

Disguise 2: Wrap around shades, Dirty blond wig, biker jacket, and combat boots.
Also the new wonderbra (has a built in skinlink so you can remotely adjust the "girls" to what ever the situation called for.)
She went for The "A Little Extra Help" add ons.

Note, that most of this is just clothes "Fashioned" to look at way.

I'll let you pick which one was muffed and which one I went with. wink.gif

QUOTE (Redjack @ Sep 20 2012, 09:44 AM) *
Please link rolls and post all rolls. To link, select "Insert Special Item" and select "URL".

Kit:
Disguise roll - Disguise(1) + Intuition(5) [3,1,2,2,4,1] = 0 hits
Disguise roll, trying again - Disguise(1) + Intuition(5) + Second Attempt(-2) [5,6,6,5,1,6] = 4 hits

Also from a story telling perspective, it would be cool to see your IC post contain descriptions about the disguising.
Redjack
QUOTE (cndblank @ Sep 20 2012, 06:04 PM) *
Disguise 2: Wrap around shades, Dirty blond wig, biker jacket, and combat boots.
Also the new wonderbra (has a built in skinlink so you can remotely adjust the "girls" to what ever the situation called for.)
She went for The "A Little Extra Help" add ons.
that one probably suits best.
Thanee
Not that bad... biggrin.gif

Charisma + Negotiation + Street Cred -> 8 hits

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 28 2012, 07:27 AM) *
Charisma + Negotiation + Street Cred -> 8 hits
Charisma(5) + Negotiation(4) + Street Cred(3)

Tiny: Charisma(3) + Negotiation(3) + Street Cred(3) [1,2,2,4,4,5,1,2,1] = 1 hit
Net 7 hits.
Grinchy McScrooge
Poor Tiny. At least he didn't glitch. grinbig.gif
Redjack
Let me know where the team goes from here.
Grinchy McScrooge
FYI the errors in Chunan's spoken text are done on purpose. Chunan's English isn't great, as he only had some formal instruction as a child. So he doesn't use contractions as he never learned them. Also, in Cantonese verbs are not conjugated, which gives him all sorts of problems in constructing English sentences. wink.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Grinchy McScrooge @ Oct 11 2012, 03:59 AM) *
FYI the errors in Chunan's spoken text are done on purpose.

I kinda thought this was true for your last post, too... at first. But when you mixed in Saytr's username, I guess it was an actual mixup. biggrin.gif

Revan is Saytr's character and should go into the second part. The first part should list Jazz. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
You can though you might call me a bird rather then my dump shock user name lol
Thanee
Since when are Jedi (or Sith) birds? biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
smile.gif
Grinchy McScrooge
Dammit! I blame today's errors on writing the post right after I woke up. I have edited in the correct names. sleepy.gif
Redjack
Let's look at wrapping up the meet and move on to some legwork.
cndblank
Kit will start learning the neighborhood and the players while she waits for matrix overview using shapechange and concealment from a summoned spirit of Man.

Obviously carefully looking for any awakened assets so she doesn't alert them that they are under observation.
Look for escape routes and cache some clothes, water, energy bars, and cheap comm links.

Once she has that, she will focus on any matrix blind spots.
Grinchy McScrooge
Unless anybody has anything else to say, I vote we have Redjack move the story forward to whatever location we will be adjourning to.
almost normal
Hurry up already, need something to read!
Redjack
Ok. Where should I fast forward to? You all have a meeting place or someplace special you want to head to?
Saytr
I think the closest shop would work maybe a close by empty warehouse with no eyes and ears.
Grinchy McScrooge
That sounds good. Chunan will be heading to the gangs territory to find a nice, inaccessible overlook spot for him to do some surveillance.
Redjack
I'll have to next post up either late tonight or tomorrow.
Saytr
Looking forward to it. My first Mage character and he hasn't had to summon a single fire elemental to consume anything yet lol
Redjack
I haven't split the team quite yet, but did move you all away from the club. At this point, I think Chunan needs more details about the gang's territory as well as Kit. I could fast forward, say one day, if I also knew what Revan and Jazz were doing for that day...?
Thanee
Jazz wants to data search/legwork for information about the gangs (esp. looking for rivals, which might be instrumental in our upcoming plan).

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
Revan would some atral scouting around the gangs territory looking for threats. Also he will attempt to summon a fire elemental and earth.
Grinchy McScrooge
Chunan will be going to physically scout the neighbourhood. He will be looking for an inaccessible-to-most perch to lay low and observe the gang. It's not like he can go home right now anyways.

Damn! Really wishing I'd installed vision magnification into his goggles. Will have to come up with something else. Maybe a pair of optical binoculars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012