Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Down in the Puyallups V
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Redjack
So, let's discuss next steps and where to go. Several good thoughts; in order to keep the game going, feel free to throw out lots of ideas in OOC or conversations with contacts in IC.
cndblank
Sounds like we need to up the surveillance on the both gangs.

If Kit could get their comlinks could Jazz remotely break in and take them over?

I figure with a spirit concealing her, she could get her hands on a couple of their comlinks long enough for Jazz to have her way.

maybe pick up a enough hair for a ritual link.

We start with the lower level gang members and use the info we pull/listen to to move up the chain.

With Vorneronasal Organ Super smell, Detect Life, Catalog, and Magic Fingers (while using sustained raccoon/Red Panda with stealth dice of 6 (1 skill plus 5 panda agility of 4 plus 1 for F1 substained shapechange successes(using substaining foci)) and a force 4 spirit concealment).
Thanee
I guess so. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
I guess Kit is going to be looking for more information on the leadership and the opportunity to get to the comlinks.

She will plan on a 5 Am visit hopefully when most of the gang will be passed out.

If there is a good place for a bug or a tracker, I guess she will plan on planting one (the leader's car or motor cycle).

Keep an eye out for any awaken gang members.

How long does Jazz need to remotely take over the comlinks?
cndblank
Redjack,

What type of activity does she see the Chulos doing?
Thanee
QUOTE (cndblank @ Apr 23 2013, 06:29 PM) *
How long does Jazz need to remotely take over the comlinks?

Well, that really depends on what kind of hardware they have there... but most likely not too long (i.e. hacking on the fly will probably suffice). smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
Kit is going to be gathering the info she needs to put some strings on the gang?

She needs to know who the movers and shakers are?

What are their MOs>

Who are the matrix and magic experts if they have any?

Are there any places they would be vulnerable to being bugged or having a tracer put on?

Who do they shake down?

Who do they pay off?

If she can identify them, then maybe the rest of the team can target them for observation especially if they are heading out of their home turf.

I expect Jazz could do software versions on their commlinks.
Kit will be looking for places where should could provide Jazz an hour or so of time to remote in to the commlinks.

How much do we want to spend on hardware for this?

Kit is looking for likely prospects to do the above.
Don't need a ton of details.
I'm just noting that Kit is being a pro and looking for the best payoff for the risk involved.
And has done enough research so if she has to improvise, she has a chance of pulling it off or knowing when to cut and run.

Just some hints so we can run with it.
Redjack
Working on a post. Sorry for the delay; many of my thoughts for this plotline are not seeming to play out as well as I might have thought. I will post several days of legwork to move of forward and bring us to a point of character interaction.
cndblank
Cool!!!!
I'm open to suggestions.
Saytr
Cool cool
cndblank
Still Hoping!
Redjack
Been out of town working all week, long days. Several long commitments this weekend. Monday though. Monday, I WILL move this game forward.
Saytr
No rush friend we will be here smile.gif Memorial Day weekend everyone has Plans except me frown.gif work!! Lol
Redjack
Well crap. So much for Monday.
Saytr
smile.gif
Redjack
Ok. Tomorrow is supposed to be light.
*fingers crossed*
*says a prayer*
*rubs lucky rabbits foot*
cndblank
Ditto
cndblank
Ditto again!
Redjack
While at scout camp I started writing a large wrap up to get us to a playable spot. I deeply apologize for the length of time this is taking me.
Redjack
Ok, second attempt at this. I will be fast forwarding several days. The first day is up. Edits on the second day is in progress. I will post here again when that is up.
Thanee
Can Jazz still attempt a trace at that point?

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jun 27 2013, 01:00 PM) *
Can Jazz still attempt a trace at that point?
I checked her character sheet when doing the ff. Did not see the track program.
Thanee
You probably didn't include the new programs, she bought...

Track 6 (Optimization 3; pirated; Updates 100¥/month)

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Sunday:

Kit:
Infiltration Agility(3) + Agility Boost(1) + Infiltration(1)[3,1,1,3] + [3] = 0 hits

Gangers:
Perception: Spirit Concealment (-3) [6,5,1,5] = 1 hit

-------------------

Ok. Second day updated and posted. Update on Saturday for Jazz.
Redjack
With the revised Agility, Kit's roll goes from critical failure to simply failure.
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jun 27 2013, 01:23 PM) *
You probably didn't include the new programs, she bought...
Noted and updated.

@All
Updated plans, activities or strategies?
cndblank
So when are we going to transition to SR5?

I think I might do some thing about Kit's infiltration skill level.
cndblank
I'm just going to brain storm here.

Let me know what sounds good and we can put back to IC.

- The hacker is most likely a recluse who goes by the handle Legba.

Is the hacker Chulos?

I think a recon and a visit in force might be called for here.

We could take out the meat and provide Jazz a direct connection to his gear.

If a recluse we might be able to assume their ID.

Alter memory would cover a multitude do sins.

- A pair of semi trucks are coming through Black Rains territory on Tuesday that the Chulos are interested in.
Any idea who they belong too? Or what they are carrying?

- Charlie "The Polack", a mafia lieutenant in the Gianelli Family, and several mafioso soldiers were engaged in a firefight with a number of Chulos on SE Prairie Road today.

This needs further investigation.

- Pinky, the token human Black Rain got shot last night. He's alive, but hurt pretty bad. Rumor is he was with a group of Rains who went into Chulos territory and ended up in a firefight.

Also needs further investigation. Alter memory could make this worse

- The Chulos believe they are under magical surveillance from someone other than the gangs. A reward is offered to anyone who can bag one of them or direct the Chulos to them.

Anyone we really don't like?

Or we could rig a trap up. Give them an address and booby trap it. Let the spirits come out and play.

If nothing else we might use it to expose their magical support.
cndblank
Bump
Redjack
QUOTE (cndblank @ Jul 2 2013, 09:56 AM) *
Bump
No need to bump. I roll through these regularly, even if posting is somewhat less than consistent.
QUOTE (cndblank @ Jul 1 2013, 06:51 PM) *
So when are we going to transition to SR5?
Not even something I had considered. If we did, it would be a complete redo of each character, 4+ years in the future. Without a complement of books (Runner's Companion, Street Magic, Arsenal, etc) there would be a LOT of stuff removed from characters.
QUOTE (cndblank @ Jul 1 2013, 07:03 PM) *
I'm just going to brain storm here.

Let me know what sounds good and we can put back to IC.
I'll hold for Thanee and Satyr to weigh in here.

Thanee
Yeah, transition to SR5 makes little sense, really. Maybe when the rules are out for a while and complete. wink.gif

QUOTE (cndblank @ Jul 2 2013, 02:03 AM) *
- The hacker is most likely a recluse who goes by the handle Legba.

Is the hacker Chulos?

I suppose so. Either that, or close enough.

I think a recon and a visit in force might be called for here.

Well, we don't know where to find him, yet.

- A pair of semi trucks are coming through Black Rains territory on Tuesday that the Chulos are interested in.
Any idea who they belong too? Or what they are carrying?

Maybe also something we could watch over and tip the Black Rains off about.

- Charlie "The Polack", a mafia lieutenant in the Gianelli Family, and several mafioso soldiers were engaged in a firefight with a number of Chulos on SE Prairie Road today.

This needs further investigation.

Yeah, we have a potential ally here.

- Pinky, the token human Black Rain got shot last night. He's alive, but hurt pretty bad. Rumor is he was with a group of Rains who went into Chulos territory and ended up in a firefight.

Also needs further investigation. Alter memory could make this worse

Right now, it just means that Chulos and Black Rains are in a bit of a struggle already... we could try to intensify that.

- The Chulos believe they are under magical surveillance from someone other than the gangs. A reward is offered to anyone who can bag one of them or direct the Chulos to them.

Anyone we really don't like?

Might be you! biggrin.gif

Or we could rig a trap up. Give them an address and booby trap it. Let the spirits come out and play.

Yeah, that could be an idea. It might also give them something more to worry about, which could in turn make them less interested in the club.

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jul 2 2013, 10:47 AM) *
No need to bump.

Sorry, didn't mean it for you.

Was looking for feed back from the rest of the team (And I'm making no claim of not being the worse offender as being slow to reply).

Just don't want to let the second chance get away (or is it third?).

Please feel free to do the same for me.

cndblank
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 2 2013, 11:07 AM) *
Yeah, transition to SR5 makes little sense, really. Maybe when the rules are out for a while and complete. wink.gif

I suppose so. Either that, or close enough.

Well, we don't know where to find him, yet.

Maybe also something we could watch over and tip the Black Rains off about.

Need to findout what happened with Pinky

Yeah, we have a potential ally here.

Right now, it just means that Chulos and Black Rains are in a bit of a struggle already... we could try to intensify that.

Might be you! biggrin.gif

Yeah, that could be an idea. It might also give them something more to worry about, which could in turn make them less interested in the club.

Bye
Thanee

We could try to make contact with Charlie "The Polack"

We need to know more about the trucks.

Need options to bring Black Rain/Chulos battle to a head.

Along that line we could check on:
Pinky, the token human Black Rain got shot last night. He's alive, but hurt pretty bad. Rumor is he was with a group of Rains who went into Chulos territory and ended up in a firefight.

Also:
So we still don't know if there is an outside backer of the Chulos.

So we need to find the decker's hideout.

We need to identify the magical talent of the Chulos

The decker if we could find him might give us the best info source because as a recluse, we might be able to replace him.

So we are looking for a way to trace down the decker.
And we know they are suspicious that they are under observations.

What about a con about a bandit has taken a powerful magic foci and disappeared in to their neighborhood.

Might explain the snooping. A bounty hunter is looking to trap the creature.

Needs some local guides and willing to pay.

Might get the hacker to come sniffing around with the right bait.

Might also gives some clues to the rest of the gang leadership.

If we try to keep it small scale (they have to keep it quiet so no telling anyone unless they like to share with the rest of the gang or worse someone else hears about it and gets it before the bounty hunter).

If and when it does leak, we use it to bait a trap.

Course if the whole gang is off chasing a wild "Bandit" they won't be clashing with the Black Rains.
Redjack
Do you all want me to take GM liberty, or are there specifics you would like me to pursue in the next bump?
cndblank
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jul 2 2013, 10:47 AM) *
Not even something I had considered. If we did, it would be a complete redo of each character, 4+ years in the future. Without a complement of books (Runner's Companion, Street Magic, Arsenal, etc) there would be a LOT of stuff

Your game your call.

Personally I think SR4 and SR5 are close enough to hand wave most of the stuff with the understanding that it will be reviewed once the SR5 books comes out.
Once the new rules come out we can convert over, you can grandfather it, or we can change it to some thing else.

SR5 Positive and Negative quantities look to cost 75 to 80% of SR4 BP in Karma.
Double the cost after character creation.
So College Educated costs 4 Karma in SR5 instead of 5 BP in SR4. Adds plus one dice to "College" knowledge skills.
cndblank
Got a hold of 5th!

Looks good.
Saytr
Sr5 another book to feed my brain lol
cndblank
Kit is going to give Shinto Kannushi a call and ask about Charlie "The Polack".
She'll also ask about the Chulos and the Blackrains.
Redjack
QUOTE (cndblank @ Jul 12 2013, 10:14 PM) *
Kit is going to give Shinto Kannushi a call and ask about Charlie "The Polack".
She'll also ask about the Chulos and the Blackrains.
Shinto: Connection Rating(2) x2 = DP4
- [3,3,3,4] = 0 hits for Charlie "The Polack"
- [5,1,4,6] = 2 hits for Chulos; Detailed, General Knowledge.
- [2,1,4,2] = 0 hits for Black Rains
cndblank
Kit Tells Shinto, she owes him.

OK, Take GM liberty.
Thanee
In the meantime, Jazz will try a data search on the two topics at hand.

- Charlie "The Polack"

Data Search + Browse (extended) -> 16 hits after 5 rolls plus 8 hits after 4 more rolls, with a glitch at 20 hits

- Semis going through Black Rain territory

Data Search + Browse (extended) -> 18 hits after 5 rolls plus 7 hits after 4 more rolls

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 16 2013, 05:08 AM) *
- Charlie "The Polack": Data Search + Browse (extended) -> 16 hits after 5 rolls plus 8 hits after 4 more rolls, with a glitch at 20 hits
Charlie is fixer for the Gianelli Family. Him and another guy named Lon specialize in logistics and border crossing. Rumors hold that Charlie has a good history working with the Black Rains, amongst others. He lives in Loveland and is known to be personally partial to wines from Yakima Valley. He has had several notable run ins with the Yakuza, but none with the Chulos prior to Sunday.

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 16 2013, 05:08 AM) *
- Semis going through Black Rain territory: Data Search + Browse (extended) -> 18 hits after 5 rolls plus 7 hits after 4 more rolls
Hwy-165 links Mount Rainier to Seattle via Carbonado. This route is generally used to bring reagents and other harvests typical to the region as well as items smugglers relay at the base of the mountain from destinations far removed. Hwy-410, via Buckley, is a much more popular route using for conventional shipping as an alternate to I-90 into Seattle. Trucks using either routes tend to be smaller than semi's due to the particulars of either route.
Redjack
Gonna be off the grid until Sunday 8/4. No Internet access.
cndblank
Ok,

Have a safe trip.

Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jul 23 2013, 09:34 PM) *
Hwy-165 links Mount Rainier to Seattle via Carbonado. This route is generally used to bring reagents and other harvests typical to the region as well as items smugglers relay at the base of the mountain from destinations far removed. Hwy-410, via Buckley, is a much more popular route using for conventional shipping as an alternate to I-90 into Seattle. Trucks using either routes tend to be smaller than semi's due to the particulars of either route.

Are all of these routes going through the territory of the Black Rains?

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 3 2013, 03:08 PM) *
Are all of these routes going through the territory of the Black Rains?
Yes, both are.
Redjack
Motion to try and meet with Charlie. Move forward that direction?
Saytr
second that motion;.
Thanee
Yep. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
Ditto
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012