Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Down in the Puyallups V
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Thanee
Finding a store in the vincinity (see IC).

Data Search + Browse -> 3 hits (non-extended; I can make it extended, too, of course).

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Saytr @ Dec 12 2012, 06:09 AM) *
Revan would some atral scouting around the gangs territory looking for threats. Also he will attempt to summon a fire elemental and earth.
Are you binding? You can only have one unbound spirit.

QUOTE (Grinchy McScrooge @ Dec 13 2012, 09:13 AM) *
Chunan will be going to physically scout the neighbourhood. He will be looking for an inaccessible-to-most perch to lay low and observe the gang.
Will add that in post.

QUOTE (Grinchy McScrooge @ Dec 13 2012, 09:13 AM) *
Damn! Really wishing I'd installed vision magnification into his goggles. Will have to come up with something else. Maybe a pair of optical binoculars.
From the surplus store?

QUOTE (Thanee @ Dec 14 2012, 05:31 AM) *
Finding a store in the vincinity (see IC).
See IC.
cndblank
Activity!

After Revan's report Kit will do a physical recon.

Post to follow tomorrow.

Merry Christmas all
Redjack
Worse yet, I'm on vacation, albeit a vacation at home still a vacation working trying to get personal stuff caught up (that was supposed to include my games). That and I agreed to a programming contract to raise some extra cash for Christmas. In any case, more apologies from your GM.
Saytr
Make that money man, papa needs new skill softs smile.gif have a merry vacation.
Grinchy McScrooge
Life always gets in the way of gaming, but you gotta take care yourself first, so I totally understand. Between finals and the holidays, I haven't had a chance to put together a post. I'll be doing that tonight or tomorrow.

I was thinking of getting the opticals from the surplus store, as well a camp sleeping bag to keep Chunan warm in his perch at night. He has Rating 2 goggles, but the slots are already filled. I'm assuming that you can't just up the rating on a piece of equipment, but need to actually purchase a new piece with a higher rating to get more slots. Is that correct?
Redjack
Do you all want another fast forward? Any changes given the details presented? Anything more for Jazz to look for?
Saytr
Please do I think just astral recon is what Revan will be do.
Thanee
Happy New Year! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Chunan
- Agility(3) + Infiltration(1) [1,2,1,3] - 0 hits. Critical glitch.

Revan
- Intuition(4) + Navigation(Defaulting: -1) [3,3,6] = 1 hit

Jazz
- Hacking(6) + Specialized: Exploit(2) + Exploit(5)+Hot-Sim(2) [3,4,6,4,6,4,5,1,3,2,5,4,5,6,6] = 7 hits

Kit
- Intuition(5) + Gang(1) + Specialized: Puyallups(2) [2,4,1,2,4,5,6,3] = 2 hits
- Intuition(5) + Seattle Area Knowledge(1) + Specialized: Puyallups(2) [5,4,3,1,6,6,2,2] = 3 hits
- Agility(2) + Infiltration(1) [6,6,4] = 2 hits
Redjack
Ok. This time, I'm ahead of the players!!! Yea, go me!
Thanee
Whoops! Totally forgot about that update... doh! embarrassed.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Ok. What next? Any what in the world is Chunan going to do?
Redjack
Uh oh.... Am I losing players?
Saytr
No sir just needing a little push sorry.
Redjack
Ok, kinda waiting on Chunan. I posted the 2nd, pinged for Grinchy here in OOC on the 9th, PM'd him on the 11th. Today is the 14. On the 16th, he is declared MIA and I will robot Chunan. If he's still gone following that... Well, hopefully he'll return.

I would also appreciate additional details for Kit and Jazz given my last post. Revan has a good plan and I will follow that through in the next post.
Saytr
Victory love preparation smile.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jan 14 2013, 10:30 PM) *
I would also appreciate additional details for Kit and Jazz given my last post.

Sorry! Will get to it tomorrow! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jan 14 2013, 07:15 PM) *
Sorry! Will get to it tomorrow! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

Ditto!
Redjack
Ok guys. What do I need to do to spur you forward?
Saytr
Gang related info from the sounds of, outcome of surveillance basically and any matrix legwork.
Thanee
Oh, I could actually make a roll to accompany my last post about gathering info about the Black Rains gang.

Data Search + Browse -> 6 hits (non-extended; let me know if you want more rolls).

Bye
Thanee
cndblank

Who is the driving force?
Who holds the gang together?

Looking for fault lines both internal and external.

Who is butting heads?
Who is pissed off but not saying anything (to the boss)?

Who is addicted to what?
Who is slotting whose sister and they don't know about it?

I figure once we get a handle on them, we need to plant some bugs and inflect some commlinks.
cndblank
What can we do to help move this along?

Thanks
Redjack
Your GM is presently escaping the bowels of real life. First week of the month is hell week for me with personal commitments... then my laptop crashed this week. It is now back and going. Tonight I am off and the wife is out with personal commitments... so I commit to catching up all my games tonight. Sorry for the delay.
Saytr
Get it get it redjack tell all the fam I said hi boss man.
Redjack
QUOTE (Redjack @ Feb 15 2013, 11:39 AM) *
Your GM is presently escaping the bowels of real life. First week of the month is hell week for me with personal commitments... then my laptop crashed this week. It is now back and going. Tonight I am off and the wife is out with personal commitments... so I commit to catching up all my games tonight. Sorry for the delay.
So much for last night. Crafting posts now.
Redjack
QUOTE (Redjack @ Feb 16 2013, 11:47 AM) *
So much for last night. Crafting posts now.
Took a little extra time to make a longer post.
cndblank
QUOTE (Redjack @ Feb 15 2013, 12:39 PM) *

Say no more.
Thanee
Could Jazz identify any persons of note for the Black Rains, except Pinky? smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Feb 21 2013, 06:27 AM) *
Could Jazz identify any persons of note for the Black Rains, except Pinky? smile.gif
The gang leader is a heavily cybered ork who goes by the handle Rip; he is rumored to have been UCAS military special forces. His current lieutenants are rumored to be named Typhoid-Mary and a particularly viscous ork called Jugular. Anything specific you are looking for?
Thanee
Well, the idea is to maybe figure out some way to get them to help our cause (willing or not; knowing or not). Therefore, knowing some key people will certainly help. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Feb 26 2013, 09:48 AM) *
Well, the idea is to maybe figure out some way to get them to help our cause (willing or not; knowing or not). Therefore, knowing some key people will certainly help. smile.gif
She is able to find a blog where one of Typhoid-Mary's crews were hit by the Chulos protecting, what she interprets to have been, a smuggling truck going through Carbanado.

QUOTE (Redjack @ Jan 2 2013, 01:47 PM) *
Revan - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @15:07; 18110 A S, Raven's Nest, Loveland, Puyallup District, Seattle
Kit - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @15:07; 18110 A S, Raven's Nest, Loveland, Puyallup District, Seattle
It appears that I copied the wrong text during an earlier post. I assumed Kit to be hiding out in Kit - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @15:07; Prairie View, Puyallup District in an abandoned house in the Prairie View neighborhood. So, to be clear, where is Kit currently?
cndblank
QUOTE (Redjack @ Feb 26 2013, 09:55 PM) *
She is able to find a blog where one of Typhoid-Mary's crews were hit by the Chulos protecting, what she interprets to have been, a smuggling truck going through Carbanado.

It appears that I copied the wrong text during an earlier post. I assumed Kit to be hiding out in Kit - Saturday, March 28th, 2071 @15:07; Prairie View, Puyallup District in an abandoned house in the Prairie View neighborhood. So, to be clear, where is Kit currently?

Sorry - Cut and pasted the header. That sounds good. She would have created a forward base where she could get some sleep if needed but still be close enough to get them back under observation.

I'll edit it to show the correct location.
Redjack
Enough detail or do I need another day of recon/legwork?
cndblank
Kit is going to match scents up to the data that Jaz is pulling using Vomeronasal organ and Eidetic Sense Memory.

She figures that once she has the movers and shakers identified, she do a bit of backtracking to find out where they hangout and the like.
And who they hang with.

Also if we decide to bug/tracker them, she wants to know where we can get the most bang for the bucks.

Would a Spirit of Man's guard power help her deal with overpowering odors?
Redjack
QUOTE (Redjack @ Mar 3 2013, 02:08 PM) *
Enough detail or do I need another day of recon/legwork?
*tap*
*tap*
*tap*
Is this on?

QUOTE (cndblank @ Mar 14 2013, 01:14 PM) *
Kit is going to match scents up to the data that Jaz is pulling using Vomeronasal organ and Eidetic Sense Memory.

She figures that once she has the movers and shakers identified, she do a bit of backtracking to find out where they hangout and the like.
And who they hang with.
That will take time. I will post that with my next post.

Also if we decide to bug/tracker them, she wants to know where we can get the most bang for the bucks.
Fixers work well for that.

Would a Spirit of Man's guard power help her deal with overpowering odors?
I could see a spirit of air helping with that.
Thanee
Sorry for being a bit silent as of late.

I'm still not entirely sure, what we can do now. smile.gif

We know a bit about the Chulos and their rivals, but we are still kinda randomly fishing in the dark.

We need to figure out some kind of plan and then fill in the missing details.

Got a few stones to step on now, so we should be able to get it a little more detailed.

i.e. do we want to negotiate with the Black Rains and "ally" with them, or do we want to play them against the Chulos and just lend a "helping hand" from the shadows?

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
Proposition it like the chulos are planning on taking the black rains territory pit me against each other and then offer a helping hand to the black rain in exchange for leaving the club alone.
cndblank
Ya, it shouldn't be hard to bring matters to a head.
Redjack
Let's just throw out some IC posts and keep moving. smile.gif
cndblank
Ok
Redjack
QUOTE (Redjack @ Mar 26 2013, 05:02 PM) *
Let's just throw out some IC posts and keep moving. smile.gif
We're dying on the vine. Thanee posted a suggestion... I give me a direction and I will fast forward. I can move more to story telling mode, even to the point of closing out this run and moving on to another if you guys just aren't *feeling* this run...
Redjack
The death throes appear to be increasing... frown.gif
cndblank
That would be a shame.
cndblank
I agree about needing a plan, but I think we don't understand the conditions causing the problem.

I do think we need to develop contacts in the Blackrain and look for blackmail material on the Churos.
cndblank
Maybe an email reminder to the rest.

I know I can get busy and forget to check up on the game.
cndblank
Bump
Thanee
I'm here! smile.gif

Personally, since the Black Rains do not seem to be the nicest bunch either, I am in favor of playing them against each other. Give them something to occupy each other, so to say.

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
agreed get them to kill each other off maybe offer our help to the other in an agreement to leave the club alone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012