Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Daughter of Deep Silence
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
BishopMcQ
<<@Q [Cypher]: Have at it.>>

The access information that Cypher used on the cab pops up as an ARO for Q.
Fenris
<<@Q, SG[Fleet]: I'm not sure what you're implying. I assume most of you are untrustworthy and prone to stabbing team members in the back anyway...his behavior seems perfectly in line with my expectations.>>
Notsoevildm
Eklipse moves to one of the unwarded vehicles. He pauses at the open door looking back and firing a last command to the rest of the team.

<<@Team[Eklipse]: Move it people. Ve have incoming hostiles on ze astral. I vould prefer not to be here when ze arrive.>>

He holds his position for a moment until he is sure the rest of the team are moving to the vehicles, then hops in himself.
UmaroVI
The shen follows Fat Man into the vehicle, quickly adjusting its magical protection to insure any incoming spirits could not easily derail the escape by crashing the contraptions.
Strangeglove
Strangeglove shuffles through his pockets a moment before finding and activating his backup commlink.

"Cypher, make the little car go so we can get the hell out of here."

Overflowing with energy, Strangeglove's metallic hand taps out a staccato beat on the side of his rifle. Rotating in his seat he tries to peer out all four windows and the sunroof simultaneously, searching for threats.

<<@Team: Any targets?>>
Buddha72
Strangeglove
You try to settle into the car when the visual feed tied to your arm for smartlink and other data, flares to life.

<<Have them exit the auto cab without the Daimyo and his consort or I will take steps. This is your only warning.>>

The Astral
The mass of astral bodies quickly arrives at the warehouse - a woman hangs in the air surrounded by a host of spirits, seven in total. Six look to be masses of city streets and concrete pulled together in something loosely resembling people though crudely fashioned and the other a large black panther floating beside here. She looks around for a brief moment and her eyes rest on the astrally present spirits.

"You are trespassing....tell your makers to leave or does this need to get messy?"

Her voice is soft and full of menace, a small smile plays at the corner of her mouth.
Strangeglove
Strangeglove reads the text scrolling across his googles and feels his skin cool, natural chemistry fighting the flush of uppers in his system. His response is measured and quick; he has been expecting this for far longer than the last few minutes. Pulling the battery out of his primary commlink and switching his grenade launcher's smartlink off, he simultaneously rotates his body slightly so his rifle isn't pointing at anything important.

Only with that done does he lean out the door and shout at the rest of the group.

"Fairy Godmother has my comms and smartlink. Get out of the autocab and into other vehicles."
copperheed
<<@Cypher[Q]: Thanks.>> Plucking up Cypher's note through AR Q hears SG's bellow through the fog of the astral just as the magical security arrives. With friends.

Flicking a mental switch, Q feels the world lurch top-wise as his consciousness is pulled abruptly from the Ethereal realm into the meticulously cultivated home he has in the virtual plane. Recovering quickly, and feeling much more relaxed in his neo-classical Edo period clothes, he pulls a cherry-wood handled brush from the air and scribbles a quick note on washi ((Japanese paper)); turning he hands it to a sparrow and bids it find seven of it's friends and have each of them take one to a single different ally.

<<@Cypher, Emilio, Eklipse, Fat Man, Fleet, Jon, SG, Zero[Q]: The Gothic Witch has arrived. She bids us only to leave immediately or suffer her wrath. I propose to do so with all due haste. I'm off to negotiate with the fey terrorizing Strangeglove.>>

Pulling out Cypher's access codes to the hacked cab, Q turns to a fox of brilliant golden red fur and holds the code strings for the fox which sniffs deeply before sprinting off. It lopes rapidly through the hills of Q's demesnes before arriving at a rusty steel door with only three on the fritz neon letters spelling A-X-I. Q steps through before he has a chance to reconsider.

The other side of the doorway is a dingy street lined with shops blaring cheap and tawdry advertisements. It's lack of care is shown through cookie cutter buildings and blatant info streams in the cracks of the programming rather than dilapidation or pot-holed streets. Q shuts the door to his domain, making note of it's location for the future. Running quickly to a dented pole with speakers on top, Q opens its maintenance box and turns the music off while he types a new message for it to mindlessly repeat. "Greetings to the fearsome guardian of Shin. Please come to his transport so that we may discuss how to best aid you both."
Buddha72
Strangeglove
You go to move and shut down the threat of the arm as you see it raise on its own. You see alerts and warnings flash across your field of vision as you watch the read out for the limb climbs into the red as components are pushed to increase the performance of the limb. You watch as it warns against increasing the strain and causing damage to the soft components of the system. You see alerts that you are exceeding the recommended limits of this system. Your hand releases its grip on the firearm then reaches and grabs the duffel bag slung across your chest - you feel the incredible strength of the limb as it rips the bag from your back. You watch as it shoves itself through the window shattering it outward and fling the bag into the center of the area where all the vehicles and drones have converged. As you watch the bag impact near the pavement, you see another alert flash by as you see icons for the ammunition in the clips of your grenade launcher flash red as a command for them to detonate is relayed from the air link system as your world is swallowed up in light, heat and sound.

The Warehouse
The windshield of the car with Strangeglove and Cypher explodes outward as a camo duffel bag lands near another cars in the convoy. It explodes outward engulfing cars, drones and people in the immediate area including the car it came from. The night is rocked with light and echoes of the explosion as the air is filled with shreds and bits of foam.

The Autocab
You feel the small commuter car rock from the blast wave as the explosion behind you engulfs the rest of the team and your vehicles.
BishopMcQ
As the explosion rips through the car, Cypher cringes inwardly. His mind draws instant clarity in the pain. The hacker activates the dead drop, sending the data archive to everyone in the team and all of the news outlets.

<<@Widget [Cypher] RUN! Hell is raining down.>>

White burning light overtakes him.

Then nothing...
Lain
Jon leaps In one side of the Jackrabbit, and as the explosions rock the other cars, out of the otherside of the Jackrabbit a Jaguar bolts into the night....
JxJxA
Zero feels Adeodatus flash concern through their link, and abruptly morph into horror as the car is rocked by the impact of the explosion. Zero feels nothing but surprise at the shock of a flash of white hot heat wash over him. He closes his eyes, and feels as though time slows down.

In his mind's eye, Zero remembers the words of a man on his deathbed at the church's shelter. He had watched over the man, someone riddled with cancer from exposure to the elements and pollution, whenever he had sought refuge in the shelter. Before he passed on, the man had said something that Zero kept with him forever.

"Why should I fear death, when the end of this life brings me to Him in the Hereafter? I have done what I can to be a good neighbor, and am content to trust in His Unconditional Grace that He will accept who I am."

As he recalls those words, Zero hears Follower of the Way cry out a prayer to Him.

I beseech You, spare this child. His time has not yet come. I have so much more to teach him, and through instruction, so much for him to teach me...
Notsoevildm
Eklipse watches the window of the car shatter as the bag of grenades is thrown out into the air.

Flee, my love! cries a voice in his head, shadows wrapping tight around him.

He twists away from the bag, throwing himself over the car.

Too slow! Too slow!

The world lights up, his flare compensators blinding him against the glare. Thunder beats at him, the force stealing his breath, and then there is slience. He feels like he is flying.

Fenris
A step further away, Fleet hesitates as he sees the bag come flying out of the car. He hesitates, but only for a moment, twisting with the artificial reaction of wire and steel, with the unthinking speed of genetic modification, and throws himself ungracefully away from the blast. A chorus of thunder, he hears the first explosion, followed moments later by four more in almost synchronized succession. In his head, he's screaming. Outside, he's...deaf.

He shakes his head to clear the stars, glancing up as the lone rotodrone comes wobbling out of the smoke and flames, shuddering, sparking, and smoking, but still in the air. He watches in mute horror as all four cars burn, several of them knocked askew, one tilted up on it's side with the force of the blast.

Did even the Troll make it out of that one? he ponders briefly, head twitching with the hyper-reactions of adrenaline fueled cybernetic parts as he watches several hundred pounds of jungle animal sprint away from the scene.

Wha...?
Buddha72
All
Commlinks around the area chime with an incoming message. The ARO verifies your commcode and begins to unfold itself.

<<Hello World. This packet is being broadcast upon my death to all news agencies and involved parties. Most of you didn’t know how deep the rabbit hole went, those that did—well, FUCK YOU. In the wrong hands, this data is a death sentence with side helpings of torture and pain. In the right hands, it’s an exposé into the machinations and greed of the Seattle Yakuza.>>

<<Attached is a collection of datafiles from the late Dr. Takayasu’s personal commlink, a copy of files from her illegal drug lab in the dock yards, and a complete archive of all files from her cyber-clinic. There is evidence within that Oyabun Yamamoto was infected with a nanite plague which caused cellular degradation and eventual death. Dr. Takayasu was aware of the nanites, harvested them from patients and suspected Saeder-Krupp employees, and led a search for an appropriate genetic match which would position her to be in control of the Oyabun’s life.>>

<<Dr. Takayasu’s death was bought and paid for. The datatrail to the prize is included, but buried deeply. Beyond Dr. Takayasu, someone else very highly placed in the organization was aware of the nanites and involved in the Oyabun’s death.>>

<<Some of those who received this know more than they are saying. Patients were mind-probed. Lovers were involved.>>

<<DATA FILES INCOMING>>
Buddha72
Astral
The angelic figure turns towards the car where its maker was sitting and with a look of profound sadness and resignation, begins to unravel and disperse returning from whence it was called.
Emilio
Emilio rocks from the simultaneous explosions and ominous text message.

Frak frak frak. WTF! "Patients were mind-probed?" What the frak do I know? And if it's so important, why didn't anyone ask? Lying shit Cypher, I asked if the team knew anything about why I was taken.

<<Team[Emilio]: I'm bailing on the kids. I'm not even sure if there's a payday. Leaving's good. CALL OUT IF YOU'RE AWAKE!! NOW NOW NOW!!! Need to know who needs carrying. Mages, please make elementals make us fast, carry corpses. Someone got stim patches? I was going to restock after this run.>>

Emilio then gets out of the cab, looks around, and runs towards SH #1. He then starts to pull people out.

<<Q, Zero [Emilio]: Your car's slagged. I'm pulling you two out. You awake? Q, if so, only payday may be if you talk to Neonet before the Godmother does. Looks like we need it..>>
BishopMcQ
Rikik

Sipping his own drink, Rikik backs through the coffeeshop door and tries not to spill the other cup. He walks past a few closed up storefronts and reaches the corner. Sure enough, a matte black '67 Americar was parked across the street.

*RATA-TA-TAP*

The staccato knock is just the way it sounded in the Exchange file. Rikik puts down the triple-kaf, non-fat, dry, extra foam Cap on the hood of the car. He smiles to himself as he walks away. It never made sense, but the Exchange was always right and promised good luck to anyone who helped out with the eccentric tasks it asked. Good luck was something the elf was short on these days, he'd take all the help he could get.

Walking back to his van, he did a double-take when he saw his reflection. The long blonde hair had fallen out over night, years ago, and been replaced with a strange violet hue that grew into stubby spikes and refused to get any longer. That and the constant itch in his side thrust him into the group of freaks that had "a sudden expression of dormant metagenetics" as the newsfeeds called it. It wasn't enough for the Changeling community to really accept him, but he wasn't mainstream anymore either.

He climbed into the van, trying to shake the image of who he used to be clear of his mind. Then the ground shook and a flash of light from an explosion in the distance. Was that near the airfield? Maybe one of the new prototypes wasn't as ready for a flight test as they thought...

With half a thought, Rikik answered the incoming call, ringing in his head as an ARO danced in his vision.

"Hey Widget, what's up?"
Buddha72
Rikik
The ARO unfolded into a small window with Widget's pinched and pale face centered in it. She looks like she was sitting at home and not going out - which is odd - her hair is pulled back with a headband and the swarm of mircodrones is clearly agitated as they move across her head, shoulders and face. You're never quite sure why that doesn't bother her but there it is.

"Hey I noticed you were in the area where I just had some gnarly shit go down with some co-workers and frankly, a few friendly souls and I just got hit with the biggest steaming pile of digital shit you can imagine, which you won't have to do for long if this is legit because its going to on the news and my Uncles are going to beat me within inches of my life."

As she speaks you see the tremor in her hands as she seems to be moving around the room and quickly packing a bag - you realize she must be routing her call through a drone of some sort instead of her commlink. You see the sweat beading on her forehead and running down her face as she moves from pile to pile grabbing choice items.

"I know this is last minute but can you call this fellow - Eklipse - and help them out. I get that I am giving you all the clear signs that you should end the call and walk away but I am in serious trouble here and I need to get square with these folks ASAP."

A small icon flares to life with the contact information for the person she's talking about you assume and a smaller icon pops into view as a well. A transfer request for funds in the amount of 20,000 nuyen.gif .

"That's all I can spare and I broke a few piggies to pull that off. Just contact him and see if there's anything you can do to get them out of their locale. Tell them to go to the new office - you got that, the NEW OFFICE? No where else is safe without it being checked out. I will try to get in touch as soon as I can. Thanks and I owe you."

The call abruptly ends with the two icons blinking and waiting for your acceptance.
BishopMcQ
The abrupt end to the call left Rikik slightly dazed. He took a deep breath, hit the AROs with a hand and started the van. One last swig of coffee and away we go...

Twenty grand was more than enough for some showboating and a rescue, right? Widget wouldn't dump him this deep unless he could get back out.

<@Eklipse [Rikik] Hi, Widget said you and some friends are in trouble. Do you need a lift? She wants you t o go to the "NEW OFFICE" which I hope means more to you than it does to me. She's leaving town, something about uncles, data, and the news.>
Strangeglove
Strangeglove watches the bag containing his grenade launcher sail out the window.

Why...?

The order to detonate the grenades scrolls across his vision.

Clever. Why didn't I think of that?

The drugs and 'ware provide ample time to consider just how bad things are.

I'm going to die.

He considers his armor, the car, the contents of the bag.

Probably.

He exhales and relaxes; he's ridden out explosions before. But none quite this bad.

With a mental command, he connects his armor to his backup commlink, and sends a message to the team and the few runners he trusts.

<<@Team, Various: Need help, will pay.>>

After the explosion passes, amidst the wreckage and fire, his biomonitor broadcasts a ragged heartbeat.

<<100/50>>
copperheed
Q doesn't even feel the explosion engulfing his body due to the VR sensations. A whisper of the pain seeps through, causing his hands and fingers to tingle with sensation and his lip is suddenly wet with blood as his subconscious tries to get his attention.

Then Cypher's death note...

And moments later Emilio and Strangeglove's messages

<<@Emilio[Q]: I'm up. Get Zero. I'll see what I can do about payment; WTF up there?!?>> He hastily responds, preparing to ride back to his body; SG's biomoniter set in a pendant looped around his neck, it's soft blinking indicating his slowly fading heart rate... Hang on SG...
UmaroVI
Fat Man
This is going badly. Emilio wants to just run, but that crazy machine spirit will kill us if someone doesn't make her stop. Oh, and we should let that magician know we are leaving. Quickly.

On the astral, Fat Man communicated to Gothic Mage: "We are sorry for trespassing and were just leaving."

We are very sorry for trespassing... I hope this spirit can be reasoned with.

"LISTEN TO ME, MACHINE SPIRIT. EITHER WE ALL LEAVE TOGETHER AND THEN WE'LL HAND OVER YOUR MASTER ONCE WE ARE SAFE, OR I FIND OUT IF YOU CONTINUE EXISTING AFTER HE DIES," Fat Man bellowed, sending the same audio out as an open broadcast to anyone nearby.

He then emphasized his threat by holding the Daimyo across himself by the neck, prepared to carry out his threat if forced.
copperheed
What the hell hit us?! Spinning, Q re-wires the montone PA system of the auto-cab's node to leave a message for anyone viewing it in cyberspace.

<<Everyone wants their loved ones protected. Contact to make it happen: nhdin-45bugfu3@mailinator.com>>

And with a mental switch and the rush of synthetic to real sensation, is breathing filtered air from his mask. Q takes a quick look around seeing Zero next to him in the ravaged sedan, unconscious and hurt but miraculously protected from the brunt of the blast as the car seemed to have bent around him in a cocoon instead of testing the quality of his armor. Guess someone really does look out for naive fools... He nods to Emilio outside and still stiff but mobile, Q lurches to the side, his charred seat belt and the mangled car door falling away at the slightest touch.

<<Eklipse, Fat Man, Fleet[Q]: In case I bite it, here.>> An engraved box locked with encryption Cypher set up at the start of the run appears in the AR message.

Running over to SG's car, the biomoniter blinking red in his screen, Q tramples over the non-existent vehicle SG was in and places both gloved hands on his partner's cratered and still smoking helmet. Calling forth his magic, Q channels his will into mending his friends wounds, concentrating on the few portions that weren't chrome. Come on you giant jolly idiot! Feeling his magic respond to his call and the bio-moniter quiet itself to a more stable rythem, Q sighs in relief.

He shoots of one more quick note before preparing to take the brunt of whatever hell gets thrown against his exposed and battered ass. <<A[Q]: This shrine has been compromised by another spirit. Please keep yourself safe.>>
Lain
With a quick glance back at the carnage What the hell did that drugged up troll do? guess this is what happens when criminals fall out.

Doing his best to avoid danger the Jaguar runs from shadow to shadow in an effort to get away
Strangeglove
Magic followed close on the heels by a shot of pure lab adrenaline, Strangeglove's takes a great gasping breath of air, as his eyes snap open. He flails instinctively, although it's unclear whether the motion is an attack or attempt at defense. He looks around wild-eyed, but as the chemicals flood his system, his movements sharpen and his eyes snap to Q kneeling next to him.
Buddha72
Fat Man
The floating astral mage turns to face you as you speak - you see a ripple of amusement and excitement pass through her soul form.

"You should hurry. Whatever caused that disturbance in the physical world is certainly going to bring the neighbors over in force."
copperheed
"SG! Grab your gun! Grab me! Grab Emilio, Grab Zero! And then RUN FROM HERE!" Q orders, his finger leading to each person and then the most direct route away from the warehouse and Fed-Boing.

Buddha72
Q
Startled by the sudden revival of Strangeglove you stumbled back a bit feeling your feet slide through something wet and meaty. Looking down reflexively you see what you think is Cypher's remains as your brain struggles to try to make what's left into something recognizable or least human.
Notsoevildm
Blind and deaf, Eklipse twists in the air like a cat, reaching out with his other senses. He tucks and rolls as he feels the ground through his armor and twists up into a defensive stance. It's not graceful by any means but he does avoid injuring himself.

He blinks hard, forcing the flare compensators in his contacts to reset, and opens his eyes to a scene of carnage. He hears faint shouting over the ringing in his ears.

Good, no permanent damage to my hearing then.

As he surveys the scene, bodies begin to move around him and even amongst the shattered vehicles. But before he can issue any orders to the team, a message pings up in his AR.

<@Eklipse [Rikik] Hi, Widget said you and some friends are in trouble. Do you need a lift? She wants you to go to the "NEW OFFICE" which I hope means more to you than it does to me. She's leaving town, something about uncles, data, and the news.>

No time to check his credentials. We also need to leave now.

<@Rikik[Eklipse]: We need immediate extraction. We are in a potentially hot zone in the wrong part of town. Here is my position: {GPS coordinates}. There are...>

Myself, Fleet, Fat Man, Emilio and the two kids. Mein gott, SG survived! Where's Jon? Cypher's dead. What about Zero and Q? What's that, ten?

<@Rikik[Eklipse]: ...ten of us. Some possibly severely injured so if you have access to a DocWagon HTR vehicle or similar, I suggest you bring that. Although, right now I would be happy if you turned up with a couple of Trabants.>

Switching out the clip of gel for one of explosive, he shakes his head and broadcasts to the team.

<@Team[Eklipse]: Withdraw and converge on me. Frau Widget has arranged transport. Does anyone need assistance?>
Strangeglove
Strangeglove furrows his brow at Q, then looks at Cypher's corpse. He shakes his head, futilely trying to clear it.

"Cypher. Fuck, Togashi."

Standing suddenly, the troll sweeps up Q and Cypher's body his meat-arm easily encircling and pinning both to his chest.
A few huge strides, and he's standing over the smoking remains of the second Shin-Hyung, where he reaches inside and plucks Zero from the wreckage.

Surrounded by a halo of flopping limbs, Strangeglove begins to run.
BishopMcQ
Hot zone? Docwagon HTR? Oh god, what did I get myself into?

<@Eklipse [Rikik] Yeah, okay. I'm on my way. It's the big blue delivery van with the dent on the bumper. If you have a good driver, I won't mind them helping out if it gets to high-speed chases or any of that stuff...>

Breathe deeply. There's a flow and plan.

Rikik takes a deep breath and reaches out to the web of information that constantly flows in and out of him. A whisper in the current works its way upstream to his call. The small clockwork spider stands there and vanishes deeper into the van after a few whispered words.

Help me make the van go faster and not crash.

Then he accelerated towards the location that Eklipse gave him.
BishopMcQ
With his hands resting lightly on the steering wheel, Rikik told the van where to go. He adjusts slightly back and forth using the AR overlay of a steering wheel. Occasionally his hands would push too hard and turn the real steering wheel at the same time.

*Chata-keeta-koh-bada*

The clockwork sprite hissed and chittered from within the electronics. He could almost see the little creature shaking gears shaped into a fist as it corrected the course. Skirting the edges of several potholes, the sprite manages the keep the van on track--despite the seeming best efforts of the driver to hit each one.
copperheed
Q is swept up in an almost too tight grip as Cypher's mangled remains squish against his armor and the blackened grinning skull mashes up against his helmet, staring back at him with too strong an intensity...

Flight!?! Cowardice can bring only death! Turn and ...

Q closes his eyes to block out the mocking lip-less sneer and focuses past the jarring troll ride, the chaos of the ruined street, and the screaming of his own inner demon. Inside his mind, Q opens an ancient armoire ornately carved with tigers, dragons, and phoenixes; he removes the kabuki costume mirroring his false image and replaces it with an onyx tortoise with one chrome forelimb. Closing the doors, he sighs quietly as the cacophony rushes back in.

... FIGHT! Fleeing is the source of your woes!

<<Ekilpse, Emilio, Fat Man, Fleet, Jon[Q]: Gotcha. How're you getting out?>>

<<SG[Q]: Let me in your commlink. I'm kicking the fey-bitch out.>>

Q makes sure to hold onto Zero's unconscious form.
Fenris
<<Remaining Team[Fleet]: My bike's on it's way, but it's going to take a while to get here. If we can get clear of the mage on-site and the drek-load of heat that's going to fall on this spot in a few minutes, we can snag another vehicle and get ourselves out of hear. For the moment, I think it's boots-to-pavement though.>>
Lain
The Jaguar continues to sprint from shadow to shadow, even as he slows down a bit

Getting out of shape, need to train more

as he thinks himself invisible
Notsoevildm
<<Remaining Team[Eklipse]: Widget is sending an extraction team.>>

Who am I kidding. It's one of her decker friends in a panel van.

<<Withdraw and keep you eyes peeled for a blue delivery van. Contact's name is Rikik.>>
UmaroVI
Fat Man saw Q's message.
<@Open[Fat Man]: Unless she wants her master to be caught in a crossfire when the neighbors show up, the Daimyo's fairy godmother should be happy to drive this autocab away.>
Buddha72
The Autocab
The interior grows brighter as a holoprojector flares to life - you see a friendly smiling human face spring into being but its clear the projector is damaged in some way as the entire figure is done in shades of green that flare and fade. It turn towards Fat Man, its arm draped over a nonexistent seat as it speaks - trying to present the illusion of it driving the vehicle.

"Where to sir?"

The image jerks and loops several times through the same motion and then abruptly turn and locks eyes with the lone conscious occupant.

"What do you propose then? I trusted you all once before and that did not end well."
UmaroVI
Fat Man was relieved to see something he could talk to - even if it was upset, it meant the strange spirit could at least listen to reason.

"I propose we sort this out after we leave this area. If we try to work out our differences here, it will take too long and we'll all end up dead - including your master - when the neighbors come over to see what made that explosion or the magician who just told us to leave gets impatient. Drive this cab clear and don't stop my friends from running, then we can agree on terms to hand your master and his friend over."
Notsoevildm
Eklipse spares a last glance at the carnage around him and then begins to back away.

"Zis way, Heren!"

As he picks up his pace, he re-activates his chameleon armor and fades from view.

<<Command: Ping GPS @ {Remaining Team}>>

<<Remaining Team[Eklipse]: I'm transmitting my GPS location for you to follow. Extraction vehicle is converging on my location.>>

<<Fat Man: Can you handle the kids/negotiations with ze Fairy Godmother? Try to get her to follow my ping if you can.>>
UmaroVI
<<Eklipse[Fat Man]: I think she'll probably play nice as long as I have her master, but I have no idea what we're going to do when we actually are away from this mess. Hopefully Q can calm her down.>>

"If you would kindly follow that ping, we can get my friends and your master out of imminent danger."
copperheed
Receiving the coordinates from Eklipse, Q let's SG know the change in direction.

<<Eklipse[Q]: SG, Zero and I are on our way, it'll take a bit.>> Q mentally crosses his fingers, hoping Strangeglove can maintain the pace and consciousness long enough to get there.
Buddha72
The Warehouse
The small automated vehicle begins to move forward, slowly turning to follow the rest of the team as they begin to withdraw from the area.

Strangeglove
You see yet another flashing icon appear amid the series demanding your attention - this one does not seem to be related to your physical condition. You see it's an incoming message from Aideen. With a thought you access it and watch it scroll by.

<<@John Wayne: What the hell is going on over there? Talk to me - how can I help? >>

Fat Man
The small interior is humming with purpose as it lurches forward. You see the panel for the destination flare to life with a moving icon - you assume Eklipse as the cab routes to it.
Emilio
Ok, only open question is Jon. Everyone else is accounted for.

With both people out of the car, Emilio scoops up the gear left behind and starts running to the Jackrabbit to see about Jon.

<<Team[Emilio]: I'm coming.>>

God, I loved watching that old movie thing with Jackson.
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Emilio awkwardly stuffs the picked-up gear into his pockets as he runs.
Strangeglove
Strangeglove sprints. His adrenal booster drips a slow steady pulse of speed. His cyberarm clamps his cargo against the cerami-steel ballistic plates on his armor. HiTrak™ FlexAssist™ Boots chuff quietly with each long, low, moon-gravity stride. His commlink scans for potential threats and applies amber warnings. Boots, bioware, comm, arm, and armor operate flawlessly. But clinging precariously to the edge of consciousness he can eke no more strength out of the battered meat holding it all together.
Fenris
With a quick glance at Eklipse for direction, Fleet sprints off after the rollerskating (rollerskating?) troll.
copperheed
Gritting his teeth against the secure but jarring ride, Q holds tightly to SG and Zero just in case the arm supporting them again acted against it owner's best interest. Quickly forming a request in his commlink, he sends a cease fire request to the guardian spirit of Ryan Shin.

<<@Guardian Spirit[Q]: Greetings to you, Fearsome Guardian of Ryan Shin and Terrible Destroyer of his Foes. I humbly request an audience so that we may put your awesome wrath to rest and see his return to your protective embrace.>>
Buddha72
Q
The uneven loping of Strangeglove creates a surreal rise, fall and sideways dip of shadows and light as the burning wreckages of the vehicles gutter and burn. You see the icon flare and a response came through from the auto cab.

<<@Q[Guardian Spirit]: I am here and await your arrival assuming you speak for the man holding my lord hostage. >>

Rikik
The spider clacks and whirrs, hissing and scrambling as it tries to keep your van on course and resting on all four wheels. You bound around the corner and see the sight of several of what you think are vehicles, burning and wrecked. In the flickering light of the fires you see a motley and ragged line of people running from the scene with a small autocab comically trailing behind them - like it was trying to beg them to book a ride with it. You clearly see one troll carrying several bodies in a parody of a fireman's carry but with at least 3 other bodies possibly. The sky just behind the building is lit up with a dozen or more points of lights - looking to be converging on the area - you realize a small fleet of airborne drones.

The Warehouse
Running through the night you feel the heat of the fires recede from your skin as you push yourselves to move faster. You see a lone vehicle round a far corner almost tipping over as it cuts the corner sharply - in fact, you're not even sure how it stayed upright.

All
An open broadcast cuts through the night and you see it being relayed digitally as well. It seems to be coming from beyond the building itself as multiple loudspeakers blare it out.

"THIS IS FEDERATED BOEING SECURITY. ALL CITIZENS ARE REQUIRED TO BROADCAST IDENTS OR BE CONSIDERED HOSTILE. THIS AREA IS BEING LOCKED DOWN."

You see the flow of information being broadcast over an open channel.

<< Lay prone on the ground, face down and await clearance from Federated Boeing security personnel. Please place your commlink in open mode and take no further actions. >>
BishopMcQ
With the broadcast from Federated Boeing, Rikik goes pale. That would explain the broken piggy banks and the talk about a "Hot Zone". Swinging into the parking lot he hits the brake to slow down, fishtailing the van in front of the team. The back doors swing wide to face them, as the van begins creeping forward out of the parking lot.

"Widget's Export Services. Get in the van!"

The van continues moving at a walking pace to make it easy for the running crew to get in, but not stopping entirely.

Behind the wheel, a solid-looking elf is clearly panicked. Spiky violet hair points in all directions over a loose pair of jeans and a t-shirt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012