Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DakkaDakkaDakka!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
FuelDrop
I was working on a gunslinger build, and for the first time i started playing around with cyberarm rules. When I saw the Gyromount, something occurred to me.

Take a cheap SMG with an integral laser sight. The Sandler TMP will do just fine. Throw on a foregrip, a personalized grip, a gas-vent 3, and a hundred round drum and you're putting out full auto without any penalties from recoil. You may also want to consider shortening the barrel.
Now, take Krav Maga for the ability to take aim as a free action, which you'll be using to ignore range penalties.
Finally, load up that hundred round barrel with tracers. I suppose you could plausibly have the tracers at a 1 to 2 ratio with other ammo, but for my money you want a hundred tracers in the barrel smile.gif.
Full auto with tracers gives +3 dice when over short range (10m, or 8 with a shortened barrel), and the laser sight gives +1 dice within 50 m. You're taking no range penalties due to your free action take aim, so at ranges between 8m and 50m you're getting a net +4 dice pool... and even SMG damage isn't bad at full auto! While this trick works just as well with machine pistols it's less advisable, purely because Machine pistols can't get the 100 round drum upgrade frown.gif
Draco18s
Why not use a smart link instead of a laser?
(There's probably something I'm missing)
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Oct 7 2012, 11:26 AM) *
Why not use a smart link instead of a laser?
(There's probably something I'm missing)

Doesn't stack with tracers.
Marwynn
The gyromount doesn't stack with the foregrip unfortunately, p148 Arsenal.

I'd make the person have a Strength of 6+ and you'd get that 1 RC.
The Jopp
X6 Cyberarms
X6 Cyber Weapon Mounts
Nartaki
Changeling
-Shiva Arms X2
-Ambidexterity X3
X6 Arm mounted SMG's with UNDERBARREL SMG's & Electronic Firing
X6 Hand held SMG's with UNDERBARREL SMG's & Electronif Firing
Automatics skill [SMG's +2]
Hand held guns fire simultaneous with arm mounted and underbarrel weapons thanks to a DNI linked network of guns with electronic firing.

Single shots becomes 24 shots split in 6 dicerolls.
FuelDrop
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Oct 7 2012, 05:23 PM) *
X6 Cyberarms
X6 Cyber Weapon Mounts
Nartaki
Changeling
-Shiva Arms X2
-Ambidexterity X3
Hand held guns fire simultaneous with arm mounted and underbarrel weapons thanks to a DNI linked network of guns with electronic firing.

And your ammunition bill becomes bigger than the quarterly revenue of some small business. More, if you add high value ammunition.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Oct 7 2012, 05:23 AM) *
X6 Cyberarms
X6 Cyber Weapon Mounts
Nartaki
Changeling
-Shiva Arms X2
-Ambidexterity X3

Still not enuf dakka.
FuelDrop
Let's see how much it costs to get full recoil compensation for firing a SMG 1 handed (assuming strength 6 cyberhands with gyromounts. (4 points base)
Sandler TMP (remove the folding stock): 350
Personalized grip: 100, 1 recoil, 1 mod slot.
Heavy barrel: 350, 1 recoil, 3 mod slots.
Gas vent 3: 400, 3 recoil, accessory.
Hundred round Ammunition drum conversion: 1000, 2 mod slots.
Total Costs: 2200:nuyen:, 6 mod slots, 9 recoil compensation.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Oct 7 2012, 01:01 PM) *
Still not enuf dakka.

use full auto modded pistol sized grenade launchers and add the overlapping blasts rule from Bogota!
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 7 2012, 08:27 AM) *
use full auto modded pistol sized grenade launchers and add the overlapping blasts rule from Bogota!

That might be enuf dakka, but only for one initiative pass before the mags run dry.
Stahlseele
If there is something still standing after THAT barrage, you should have opened fire with a Thor-Shot or a Tactical Nuke from Orbit or RUN THE HELL AWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE!
Even a Great Western Dragon can not survive that. Seeing how Each Grenade after the first adds half of it's Power to the Attack.
So, let's see.
There are . . 6 MGL's . .
Each fires . . what? 6? Grenades in Full-Auto.
So that means 36 grenades in total.
First does . . let us say 14 Damage and each additional adds 7 more damage . .
so 14+(35x7=245)=259 Damage.

You could sink an Air-Craft-Carrier with that.
If you were using it on a Building and managed to shoot inside, the resulting Chunky Salsa would be enough to flatten the Renraku Arcology in itself all at once . .
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 7 2012, 09:28 AM) *
If there is something still standing after THAT barrage, you should have opened fire with a Thor-Shot or a Tactical Nuke from Orbit or RUN THE HELL AWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE!
Even a Great Western Dragon can not survive that. Seeing how Each Grenade after the first adds half of it's Power to the Attack.
So, let's see.

If you were using it on a Building and managed to shoot inside, the resulting Chunky Salsa would be enough to flatten the Renraku Arcology in itself all at once..

While one would have to call sanity-checking on that ridiculousness, I wasn't so much thinking of "the first target survived" so much as "They have reserves."
Stahlseele
Actually, if i remember correctly, this actually DORFS the damage figure GIVEN for a Nuke in . . Bogota?
And so what if they do have reserves. if you don't want to reload simply do 3x2 or 2x3 AND HAVE RESERVE MGLS STRAPPED TO YOURSELF!
Halinn
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Oct 7 2012, 03:22 PM) *
That might be enuf dakka, but only for one initiative pass before the mags run dry.

Still not enuf dakka.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Halinn @ Oct 7 2012, 03:43 PM) *
Still not enuf dakka.

for what?

edit:
oh, wait, i actually overlooked the 6ximplanted weapon mounts
so it's not 36 but 72 grenades.
This means the Damage goes to 71x7=497+14=511 in total.
That's FIVE HUNDRED POINTS OF DAMAGE!
Do that in a volcanoe and you can get chunky salsa on the EARTHS CRUST ITSELF!
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 7 2012, 09:53 PM) *
for what?

edit:

... Get as many black knight drones together as possible, outfitting each of them with as many weapon mounts as they'll take (6 each) with over-under full auto grenade launchers and ammo bins in each one. that's 12 grenade full autos per Black knight. call it ten black knights, just for sheer overkillness.

THAT is what you call suppression fire. if any target ever stays unsuppressed by that then we'll know that the era of man-portable firepower is officially over frown.gif
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 7 2012, 09:53 AM) *
for what?

edit:

Huh... Wow.

Actually, given that in my game, a critical glitch invoked an attack against the Earth itself, which resisted with 100 dice.. Yeah, that's probably enough to invoke Chunky Salsa on the Earth's crust.
Stahlseele
@Fuel-Drop:
Zis kult work wiz ze zoftvare dat makes simultanous attacks possible.
Halinn
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 7 2012, 03:53 PM) *
for what?

edit:

NEEDS MORE DAKKA

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 7 2012, 07:28 AM) *
So, let's see.

If you were using it on a Building and managed to shoot inside, the resulting Chunky Salsa would be enough to flatten the Renraku Arcology in itself all at once . .

Ummm... Not quite...

EDIT: Should indicate that this is an opinion... Thanks Max...

Grenage does 12 Damage
Each grenade after the first adds Half damage, so
Second Grenade does 6
Third Grenade does 3
4th Grenade does 1 (3/2, round down)
and the remaining grenades add absolutely nothing. So....

12+6+3+1=22p. That is about as good as it is going to get (and is still good enough to reduce most metahuman targets to paste); AND you wasted 68 grenades for no effect. Way to go.

OR

You target the impact zones with your grenades, find where the targets intersect those zones after impacts and roll the individual soaks of every grenade, based upon the damage on target, individually. Takes time, but is likely more realistic. Not my first choice, to say the least.

Any other interpretation of the WAR! provided grenade overlap rules is sheer ludicrousness, as ShadowDragon8685 indicated so eloquently up-thread... smile.gif
The Jopp
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Oct 7 2012, 11:01 AM) *
Still not enuf dakka.

Ingram smartguns.

24 SMG Burst Firing

We can also take top mounted laser sights and go FA with tracer bullets.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 7 2012, 09:53 AM) *

Reminds me that we did that once in Alpha Omega. We had to work out the blast rules with regards to barriers.

Our chosen solution left a 100 meter crater 2 inches deep, IIRC (solid stone) which is fairly realistic (dynamite sitting on top of a stone surface isn't going to damage it a whole lot).
Mäx
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 7 2012, 06:12 PM) *
Ummm... Not quite...
Grenage does 12 Damage
Each grenade after the first adds Half damage, so
Second Grenade does 6
Third Grenade does 3
4th Grenade does 1 (3/2, round down)
and the remaining grenades add absolutely nothing. So....

12+6+3+1=22p. That is about as good as it is going to get (and is still good enough to reduce most metahuman targets to paste); AND you wasted 68 grenades for no effect. Way to go.

Thats not how the rules work, sorry but you should read them again.
All the grenades except highest damage one add half of their DV, thats it no further halving is involved.
Stahlseele
i may not like SR4 and Bogota! especially, but i do try to remember stuff going boom . .
Umidori
"It shoots through schools."

~Umi
The Jopp
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Oct 7 2012, 11:59 AM) *
And your ammunition bill becomes bigger than the quarterly revenue of some small business. More, if you add high value ammunition.

Naah...

32 Clips X 24 = 768 rounds without reload...should cover a few combat rounds.

That's only 7680Y with Ex-Ex and only 1536Y with standard ammunition.

Still...using the covering fire rules that uses 20 shots per gun means that I shoot 480 rounds in 3 seconds.

That's 24 dodge tests to avoid taking standard damage.

_Pax._
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Oct 7 2012, 08:22 AM) *
[...] enuf dakka [...]

No such thing.
Raiden
QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Oct 8 2012, 04:11 AM) *
No such thing.

what about 10 apache helicopters carrying nuclear warhead attached missles and EX-explosive rounds for the miniguns :3 no wait, make that 20 apache copters haha
StealthSigma
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Oct 6 2012, 10:35 PM) *
I was working on a gunslinger build, and for the first time i started playing around with cyberarm rules. When I saw the Gyromount, something occurred to me.

Take a cheap SMG with an integral laser sight. The Sandler TMP will do just fine. Throw on a foregrip, a personalized grip, a gas-vent 3, and a hundred round drum and you're putting out full auto without any penalties from recoil. You may also want to consider shortening the barrel.
Now, take Krav Maga for the ability to take aim as a free action, which you'll be using to ignore range penalties.
Finally, load up that hundred round barrel with tracers. I suppose you could plausibly have the tracers at a 1 to 2 ratio with other ammo, but for my money you want a hundred tracers in the barrel smile.gif.
Full auto with tracers gives +3 dice when over short range (10m, or 8 with a shortened barrel), and the laser sight gives +1 dice within 50 m. You're taking no range penalties due to your free action take aim, so at ranges between 8m and 50m you're getting a net +4 dice pool... and even SMG damage isn't bad at full auto! While this trick works just as well with machine pistols it's less advisable, purely because Machine pistols can't get the 100 round drum upgrade frown.gif

This is not moar dakka. I don't know if this even classifies as dakka.

It's certainly not dakkadakkadakka.

I don't think I've seen anything with dakkadakkadakka.

--

Challenge Time!

The goal of this challenge is to create as much dakka as possible using 100% legitimate rules with the following addendum.

* You may install metahumans as weapons in weapon mounts on vehicles.

Scoring will be based on total dakka and credits given for creativity so simply taking the highest body vehicle you can get and installing 20 nartaki metahumans isn't going to necessarily win.
ZeroPoint
Conestoga Vista (Bus)

Fill all passenger seats with all of our over-munckined now-retired elderly ex-runners wielding their weapons/spells of choice. (including several narki/multi-armed grenade launcher/smg wielding dakka wielders)

Just don't make them late for bingo night. I wouldn't want to be caught in that broadside.
Halinn
QUOTE (Raiden @ Oct 8 2012, 02:50 PM) *
what about 10 apache helicopters carrying nuclear warhead attached missles and EX-explosive rounds for the miniguns :3 no wait, make that 20 apache copters haha

Still not enuff dakka. Enuff is more'n you got and less'n too much, and there ain't no such thing as too much dakka.
Stahlseele
Miniguns.
ZeroPoint
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 8 2012, 08:41 AM) *
Miniguns.

Wielded by my elderly ex runners? I'm sure some of them would have them.
Stahlseele
With under barrel Miniguns.
Raiden
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 8 2012, 09:50 AM) *

and a double underbarrel machine grenade launcher
The Jopp
DeathBus [Similar Models Rule]
Vista Bus (BOD 20)
BODY: +1
Acceleration: -20%

Weapon Mounts: X6
Armor: 20
Stealth: Chameleon Coating
Econ: Improved Economy

Weapon: Fleche Hail Rocket launchers with Underbarrel Fleche Hail Rocket Launchers
Modification: Underbarrel Weapon & Additional Clip [ Additional Clip on both weapons]

Designed as a camouflaged artillery piece this monstrosity has the capacity to fire 360 rockets in a six second span to obliterate an area 50 meters per rockets.

There is ample space inside the vehicle for additional ammunition and fuel.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 8 2012, 09:50 AM) *

Since a minigun basically has 6 barrels or so, does that mean that each barrel can have an underbarrel minigun?
The Jopp
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Oct 8 2012, 02:19 PM) *
Since a minigun basically has 6 barrels or so, does that mean that each barrel can have an underbarrel minigun?

...and Shadowrunners must always stay in the shadows and run, they may never walk...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Mäx @ Oct 7 2012, 12:34 PM) *
Thats not how the rules work, sorry but you should read them again.
All the grenades except highest damage one add half of their DV, thats it no further halving is involved.

I understand that is not how the ACTUAL rules work, but the ACTUAL rules are ludicrous. Edited Original Post to reflect Opinion. Thanks Max.
Going the route I explained is likely how they intended it to work, considering the way that explosives actually behave (as in 10 Kilos of Explosive is not 10x The explosive force of 1 Kilo, especially if those individual 1 Kilo packages do not all impact the exact same location as a 10 Kilo Package would). smile.gif

Of course, just use the individual impact zones and roll all 72 resistance tests, and you will likely come to a more realistic result (as I indicated in my post). It just takes forever (Unless you have a handy dandy dice roller to handle the grunt work). Overlapping blast waves can get nasty if you have enough of them. smile.gif
Draco18s
Don't forget the blown-out-barriers shrapnel rule, where the damage fall-off rate is halved for each shrapnel-blown barrier. wink.gif
Stahlseele
And that software that allows 2 ARROWS to impact the same point at exactly the same time.
Should work with Grenade-Launchers too, right?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Oct 8 2012, 09:20 AM) *
Don't forget the blown-out-barriers shrapnel rule, where the damage fall-off rate is halved for each shrapnel-blown barrier. wink.gif

Forgot that one... frown.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 8 2012, 09:33 AM) *
And that software that allows 2 ARROWS to impact the same point at exactly the same time.
Should work with Grenade-Launchers too, right?

No accounting for the allowance of Crazy ideas... smile.gif
While we are at it we can obviously ignore the flight time of said arrows to, right (which is absolutely ludicrous)? Since, obviously, the flight time makes no nevermind.
Same with Mortars and Artillery Fire...
Stahlseele
Dem's da breaks.
So speak the rules.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 8 2012, 11:47 AM) *
Forgot that one... frown.gif

Makes multi-grenade explosions a lot more devastating, doesn't it?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Oct 8 2012, 10:07 AM) *
Makes multi-grenade explosions a lot more devastating, doesn't it?

Can't remember, have to look at it when I get a chance. AFB, unfortunately.
But definitly they should produce no more damage than what a conventional bomb could produce. It seems like someone put together rules in isolation, with no regard to how it would work with the world. And thus you have insanity like grenades in mass inflictting more damage than a Thor Shot or Nuke, which is ludicrous indeed...
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 8 2012, 12:16 PM) *
which is ludicrous indeed...

Fo-sure.
Stahlseele
So, ok, that silly software from BOGOTA! and the silly overlapping blasts rule from BOGOTA! and the silly shrapnell barrier rule from BOGOTA! and the silly chunky salsa rule would make WHAT kind of Ka-Boom in the end with 6 full auto bursts of 6 grenades?
Draco18s
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 8 2012, 12:37 PM) *
would make WHAT kind of Ka-Boom in the end?

A really big one.

Paper napkin math:

6 nades per laucher * 6 = 36 total nades.
I don't recall the exact details on the software and it's damage impact (what is it, +2 DV? We'll say +2 after the other calculations)
Overlapping blasts:
14 DV base + 7 * 35 = 259 DV + 2
261 DV -2/meter (max 7 meters because the range isn't altered, so the minimum DV is going to be 247)

But there are barriers in the way which are shattered. Each one effectively doubles the range of the AOE, and every time it hits another barrier, the range doubles, until the DV is not large enough to overcome the barrier.

Unfortunately, the minimum DV is not altered (247) in this calculation. So until we accumulate 988 armor worth of successive barrier density, this blast isn't stopping. Ever.

</nuke the world>
Stahlseele
Actually, i had it somewhere at 500 a bit further up thread . . and i think the mercy software (finally remembered what it is called) doubles the damage effectively, if i remember correctly, because it's twice the damage from 2 causes at the same point and time . .
Not sure on the software and the damage values, because i have no idea of the SR4 numbers.

ah, right, i forgot about there not being 6 but 12 launchers all in all . .

but still . .
Bugs Bunny:"Eeeeh . . Nice Ka-Boom Wiley . ."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012