Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What firearm wielding warrior do you prefer.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
CanRay
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Oct 24 2012, 10:13 PM) *
No, but if you have a Dahl, you can snipe in burst mode! nyahnyah.gif
And they don't make guns out of frickin' wood!
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 24 2012, 10:14 PM) *
And they don't make guns out of frickin' wood!

Although true, that's actually Torgue's tagline, I think.
The Jopp
So, what would the cost be for a weapon that can only:
-Fire regular ammunition with ONE of the following options:

--Have one built in Elemental Effect from SR3 or Street Magic? grinbig.gif
--SA or SS weapon gains BF when using Scope or Vision Magnification spin.gif
--Gains an additional D6 after each SA action effectively ignoring recoil (Firing increases accuracy)
--Functions as a hand grenade and appears fully loaded in your hand when exploded (MIGHT be over powered...) wobble.gif
--Auto Targeting Darts (Pilot program that shoots instead of owner/ Delayed damage one combat turn)

grinbig.gif grinbig.gif grinbig.gif grinbig.gif grinbig.gif
Stahlseele
Built in Elemental Effect does not work, since that is a magical thingie.
Scope or Vision magnification can never change the fire-mode.
The Assault-Cannons ignore their tremendous recoil, because they can only fire slow enough so it does not have any effect
Functions as hand-grenade can be done using the explosive trap function . . or simply using the MAC10 or UZI, not sure which one.
Auto Targeting Darts was kinda possible using the Gyrojet Weapons.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 25 2012, 08:47 AM) *
Built in Elemental Effect does not work, since that is a magical thingie.
Scope or Vision magnification can never change the fire-mode.
The Assault-Cannons ignore their tremendous recoil, because they can only fire slow enough so it does not have any effect
Functions as hand-grenade can be done using the explosive trap function . . or simply using the MAC10 or UZI, not sure which one.
Auto Targeting Darts was kinda possible using the Gyrojet Weapons.

Oh for crying out loud -Sthal, stop taking my troll posts seriously. grinbig.gif
FuelDrop
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Oct 25 2012, 05:01 PM) *
Oh for crying out loud -Sthal, stop taking my troll posts seriously. grinbig.gif

What better way is there to cure you of trolling? nyahnyah.gif
Tias
Not replying, of course! How long have you been on this internet? wink.gif

QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Oct 24 2012, 10:34 AM) *
An AVC-7.62 modded for full auto and fitted with a hundred round drum and tripod (plus a shock pad and personalized grip for maximum recoil compensation) is mean. Throw on a suppressor and a smartgun with an enhanced rangefinder and this is a seriously mean piece of hardware for sniping.
Sure, standard sniper rifles pack more punch per bullet, but most sniper rifles can't throw out full auto firepower smile.gif.
If you need to engage multiple targets at once, the Ares HVBR with similar mods can pound the crud out of two victims per pass with long bursts or cut down four lesser foes with a short burst apiece.

Converting either of these bad boys into an assault weapon is as simple as switching the tripod with a Gyro stabilizer, at which point someone somewhere is about to have a very bad day.

Of course, people might notice you trying to hide this under your lined jacket...

I don't mean to be pedantic, but this would go to hell because of the "have to be recalibrated after each shot" rule. I'm not sure on what would happen if such a weapon went full-auto, but as GM I would probably incur some hefty accuracy penalties because a weapon crafted to snipe wouldn't really suffer the translation well.
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Tias @ Oct 25 2012, 07:32 PM) *
Not replying, of course! How long have you been on this internet? wink.gif

This is my first day! How am I doing? nyahnyah.gif
The Jopp
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Oct 25 2012, 09:18 AM) *
What better way is there to cure you of trolling? nyahnyah.gif

but, but...I need my fix spin.gif
Elfenlied
Personally, I'm in the Pistols+Heavy Weapons camp for my Sams, if I don't opt for a more point-hungry build (then it's Automatics). My default loadout looks like this:
-2 Morrisey Elan with internal smartlink, in slide-holsters. One is always loaded with RFID rounds, the other with either Hi-C oder standard rounds.
-Colt Government with internal smartlink and internal silencer, in a concealed shoulder-holster.
-Ruger Super Warhawk with internal smartlink, SA firing mod and increased cylinder, in a quick-draw hip holster.
-RPK HMG, External Smartlink, Gyromount
-Ares Thunderstruck Gauss Rifle, External Smartlink

For Automatics, it looks like this:
-B&P MP9 with external smartlink, shortened barrel, personalized grip and integral GV III
-Ingram Smartgun X, GV III, Electronic Firing
-Ares HVBR, integral GV III, Personalized Grip, FA firing mod

QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Oct 25 2012, 04:13 AM) *
No, but if you have a Dahl, you can snipe in burst mode! nyahnyah.gif

It kinda makes me wonder about Hyperion guns. Do they add their recoil modifier as bonus dice, instead of penalties?
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Oct 25 2012, 06:55 AM) *
It kinda makes me wonder about Hyperion guns. Do they add their recoil modifier as bonus dice, instead of penalties?

That sounds about right, but they'd have to start with a penalty. Seriously, those things wobble all over the fuckin' place.
The Jopp
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Oct 25 2012, 12:33 PM) *
That sounds about right, but they'd have to start with a penalty. Seriously, those things wobble all over the fuckin' place.

Yea, it's like they begin with a negative gas vent so if you shoot a long burst you negate the negatives after the first round.

in round 2 you GAIN the amount of D6 you should have had in recoil.

Crazy design
Elfenlied
Their sniper rifles effectively come with a bullet tax. The first shot usually goes wide, and then all others are deadly accurate.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Oct 25 2012, 12:36 PM) *
Their sniper rifles effectively come with a bullet tax. The first shot usually goes wide, and then all others are deadly accurate.

Not to be used with those shields that gives bonus damage when charged - Feels like a loss if you always miss the first shot..
StealthSigma
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Oct 25 2012, 08:54 AM) *
Not to be used with those shields that gives bonus damage when charged - Feels like a loss if you always miss the first shot..

Meh, if you're playing Zer0 as a sniper you're doing it wrong.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Oct 25 2012, 08:15 AM) *
Meh, if you're playing Zer0 as a sniper you're doing it wrong.

Gaige makes a pretty good sniper, you know.

And yeah, Hyperion guns... I never use them, because of that whole "Early shots won't go anywhere useful" thing, and because I prefer to attack, bending the element of surprise to my will.

It's hard to do that when your first shot goes fucking nowhere, then everybody spooks and runs into cover.
Elfenlied
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Oct 25 2012, 01:54 PM) *

Use this one
DenverDoc
Depends on the campaign. If I am running around a war zone I want my team to be carrying assult rifles, machine guns and other assorted heavy weapons so that we have the fire power we need to handle greater numbers of people and heavy equipment. In the city if I have to get around with my gear fairly hidden the biggest thing I try to sneak around is a SMG maybe carry a bigger weapon in the trunk if that's practical. If I go to a secure location that is going to search but I need a gun I will try to sneak in the light pistol or hold out. If I am playing johnny good citizen I try to carry a taser. For our games I find that a SMG is the best balance to have on hand for a job but a pistol is usually the walk around and feel ok about getting into most places.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012