Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What firearm wielding warrior do you prefer.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Raiden
are you the dual/single pistol wielding gunslinger? the assualt rifle/BA shredding beast? the LMG toughtin Mr dakka? the hidden light pistol assassin? the mile away 1 shot 1 kill sniper? or the leroy jenkins wielding shotgunner?

Whats your favorite and why!
ShadowDragon8685
Who can choose?

That's like asking me to choose my favorite Pony.

It's impossible! They're all great!
Miri
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Oct 19 2012, 05:50 PM) *
Who can choose?

That's like asking me to choose my favorite Pony.

It's impossible! They're all great!

The only good Pony is an exploding pony.

smile.gif
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Miri @ Oct 19 2012, 06:58 PM) *
The only good Pony is an exploding pony.

smile.gif

You are one sick, depraved motherfucker, and my soul feels wilted and damaged for having clicked that, you son-of-a-bitch.
FuelDrop
My characters tend to take the full Firearms skill group and switch between whatever's appropriate. Lacks the power of specialization, but more than compensates through sheer flexibility.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Oct 19 2012, 05:13 PM) *
My characters tend to take the full Firearms skill group and switch between whatever's appropriate. Lacks the power of specialization, but more than compensates through sheer flexibility.

Take the Firearms group, break it, and THEN specialize. Flexibility AND Specialization all in one package. smile.gif
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 20 2012, 07:38 AM) *
Take the Firearms group, break it, and THEN specialize. Flexibility AND Specialization all in one package. smile.gif

But then it's broken frown.gif
lorechaser
I always want to play the dual wielding gunslinger adept. It's hard in actual play though.
Lantzer
For some reason I've always wanted to do a Laser cannon - wielding Orc on a monocycle.
Marwynn
QUOTE (Raiden @ Oct 19 2012, 05:12 PM) *
are you the dual/single pistol wielding gunslinger? the assualt rifle/BA shredding beast? the LMG toughtin Mr dakka? the hidden light pistol assassin? the mile away 1 shot 1 kill sniper? or the leroy jenkins wielding shotgunner?

Whats your favorite and why!

Yes. grinbig.gif
CanRay
The right tool for the job. The the tool in question better be packing the right type of weapon. biggrin.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Oct 19 2012, 04:43 PM) *
But then it's broken frown.gif

So? smile.gif
Stahlseele
Burst Fire Capable Shotgun. That can deal with most anything you will come up against, most of the time.
Can be used to club people to death with too. load it with gel ammo to stun people to death with.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 20 2012, 08:40 AM) *
Burst Fire Capable Shotgun. That can deal with most anything you will come up against, most of the time.
Can be used to club people to death with too. load it with gel ammo to stun people to death with.

Indeed... Love Shotguns. smile.gif
Stahlseele
If only there were silencers for burst fire/full auto shotguns . . it'd be the perfect crime!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 20 2012, 09:12 AM) *
If only there were silencers for burst fire/full auto shotguns . . it'd be the perfect crime!

Silence Spell?
Stahlseele
*scowls* buargs . . maagiic . . x.x . .
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 20 2012, 10:42 AM) *
*scowls* buargs . . maagiic . . x.x . .

Sometimes, it is the only way to get what you want...
DWC
Depends on the character. My freshly retired Missions character made it through 2.5 seasons with a ceramic Predator IV and an M-23 with a bolt smartgun system and sound suppressor. On the other hand, I spent a while playing a troll mercenary who's weapon of choice was a fully automatic grenade launcher.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 20 2012, 08:58 PM) *
Sometimes, it is the only way to get what you want...

*nods* i know . . me not likey <.<
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 20 2012, 01:05 PM) *
*nods* i know . . me not likey <.<

Believe me, I understand completely. smile.gif
Marwynn
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 20 2012, 11:12 AM) *

Has it been stated you can't put a sound suppressor on shotgun? Because I've been putting silencers/suppressors on mine for years.
Stahlseele
i think on single shot with slugs you can use a suppressor, but as soon as you do anything else, poof it goes . . not sure though . .
Raiden
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 20 2012, 04:40 PM) *
i think on single shot with slugs you can use a suppressor, but as soon as you do anything else, poof it goes . . not sure though . .

the SPAS, is a silenced SA combat shotgun. least I think it is lol. (IRL)
CanRay
AK-97, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively gotta kill every motherslotter in the room, accept no substitutes! AKS-97U (AK-97 Carbine) available for those times when you want to hide it under your lined coat! biggrin.gif
FuelDrop
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 21 2012, 06:19 AM) *
AK-97, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively gotta kill every motherslotter in the room, accept no substitutes! AKS-97U (AK-97 Carbine) available for those times when you want to hide it under your lined coat! biggrin.gif

AK147: AK97 with extra shooty goodness.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Raiden @ Oct 20 2012, 01:48 PM) *
the SPAS, is a silenced SA combat shotgun. least I think it is lol. (IRL)

Ummmmm... Nope.
Not in my experience. Unless they have made a change or two recently.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 20 2012, 01:40 PM) *

The rules do not forbid it, to my knowledge. More the shame... frown.gif
FuelDrop
To the best of my knowledge there's no rule against modding a shotgun to fire full auto, giving it an internal suppressor and electronic firing, loading it up with subsonic slugs, then going crazy with it and still giving your enemy a net -9 to hear the damned thing.

I remember one munchkin once tried to join our group with a suppressed MMG and claim it was a stealthy weapon. He also tried the tired old tactic of claiming that being obnoxious was merely 'roleplaying'. First meet with him my character sprayed his character in the face with pepper punch and walked out.
It was his only session with us.
Raiden
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 20 2012, 08:52 PM) *
Ummmmm... Nope.
Not in my experience. Unless they have made a change or two recently.

op, my bad, it CAN be modified with a silencer. as well as a choke. a gas grenade launcher and much much more!
binarywraith
The better question is 'What idiot only brings one gun on a shadowrun?'

biggrin.gif
FuelDrop
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Oct 22 2012, 02:11 PM) *

biggrin.gif

A mage who only carries a gun to threaten people or as a holdout for high background count areas?
The Jopp
Regular Sidearm: Predator III [Modified with integral Silencer & Underbarrel Tazer]

Regular SMG: Ingram Smartgun [Just the amount of accessories you get for that price]

Close Quarter Weapon: PJSS Rifle [Barrel Reduction / Stock Removal (Barrel reduction again) / Smartlink & Melee hardening

The Jopp
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Oct 22 2012, 07:11 AM) *

biggrin.gif

One gun but enough ammo to last a lifetime? grinbig.gif

A laser - and the recharge spell.
binarywraith
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Oct 22 2012, 01:15 AM) *
A mage who only carries a gun to threaten people or as a holdout for high background count areas?

Maaaaybe, but only if he knows stunbolt as well as the inevitable manabolt. Lack of less-than-lethal options is the first and biggest mistake runners make.

Sometimes you can't geek the dreckhole without pissing in Johnson's wheaties.
Marwynn
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Oct 22 2012, 03:21 AM) *
One gun but enough ammo to last a lifetime? grinbig.gif

A laser - and the recharge spell.

That'd be nice, but it sucks that the spell requires the OR be beat with hits and not just by the Force. All you're doing is recharging after all, not altering its structure.

That's what, a 6+ with a pool of 12+ usually?

You'd have more success just casting the Laser spell.
almost normal
Revolvers offer the most fun and roleplaying for me. Spin the cylinder, load a stick-n-shock. Shoot the thug in the forehead. Spin the cylinder, load a tracer round and tag the car as it gets away. Spin the cylinder, load a wood-capped bullet and waste the regenerating fuck of a vampire who thought he was immortal.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Oct 22 2012, 07:32 AM) *
That'd be nice, but it sucks that the spell requires the OR be beat with hits and not just by the Force. All you're doing is recharging after all, not altering its structure.

That's what, a 6+ with a pool of 12+ usually?

You'd have more success just casting the Laser spell.

Why? Batteries are probably OR of 3, at most.
Tias
Lately grown fond of two-revolver slinger! Smartlink systems let's you fire select without ejecting ammo, and with a reasonable cylinder capacity weapon you can basically pack loads for every circumstance: Need to gut a shifter, kill your nemesis who is allergic to gold, punch through the armour of his two bodyguards and stick'n'shock the security guard in one firefight? No problem! <3
Stahlseele
How do you figure?
Batteries are as artificial and highly advanced as they come, especially peak excharge batteries for military application . .

Furthermore, the Laser-Spell does not lose Power over Distance as the Laser-Weapons do, i think . .
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 22 2012, 07:52 AM) *
How do you figure?
Batteries are as artificial and highly advanced as they come, especially peak excharge batteries for military application . .

Furthermore, the Laser-Spell does not lose Power over Distance as the Laser-Weapons do, i think . .

I do not view batteries are more complex than basic Electronics. Simple as that. smile.gif
Marwynn
I think it's the wording, you're recharging the device not the battery... so you're trying to affect the device itself. Meh, it's WAR! so most of it is fit to be ignored or houseruled.

Stahlseele
Well, they have to have some cicuitry in there to steer the charge/excharge and of course the polymers of the shell and the chemicals inside that actually store the energy . .
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 22 2012, 08:02 AM) *
Well, they have to have some cicuitry in there to steer the charge/excharge and of course the polymers of the shell and the chemicals inside that actually store the energy . .

which is not really all that complex in comparison to a Circuit Board. *shrug*
Lionhearted
Have you seen a modern laser battery? Whatever is in a portable version is far more complex then alkaline.
ShadowDragon8685
On the topic of firearm wielding warriors...

I think I like the heavy machine-gunner in the manually-operated armored pintle-turret atop a light armored vehicle, ready to send hot leaden death in calibers of .50 and above screaming right at any two-timing motherfuckers stupid enough to attack whatever he's guarding. Even in 2072, it's hard to improve upon the design of the Browning M2, except perhaps to give it the geegaws and bells and whistles.

Or the guy on a roof, under the tarp with a rocket launcher, waiting to pop up and dispense some hot explosive death at anyone foolish enough to pass by.

On that note, what would you say the game effect of adding cage armor to a vehicle would be? Negating the armor-penetration of an anti-armor rocket?
almost normal
Cage armor? It'd have a severe weakness to bees.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (almost normal @ Oct 22 2012, 10:34 AM) *
Cage armor? It'd have a severe weakness to bees.

It's an armor mod, not a full armor system. nyahnyah.gif

Also: The bees! THE BEEEES!
FuelDrop
Considering the spray of molten copper that RPGs use to do their damage, I can see cage armour being of limited effectiveness against direct hits.
Mythbusters RPG 101
ShadowDragon8685
Actually, FD, that's kind of the point of cage armor.

It's to make the rocket go off early, so that spray isn't being channeled into as tiny an impact site as it could have been, and so it's had distance to travel before it hits the armor, cooling it off with the air before it hits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012