Backgammon
TCGshadowrunner->Tempest
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Oct 24 2013, 12:36 PM) *
TCGshadowrunner->Tempest

Hmmmmm... Thanks
CanRay
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 23 2013, 11:08 AM) *
This guy ! biggrin.gif He teases us like a hooker with a brass band in her drawers !
Could be worse.

He could still be teasing everyone AFTER the book has come out.

Why does that sound familiar? nyahnyah.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 24 2013, 03:43 PM) *
Could be worse.

He could still be teasing everyone AFTER the book has come out.

Why does that sound familiar? nyahnyah.gif

Not a lot of mirrors at your place I take it?
smile.gif
DeathStrobe
I finished up Neat last week. It was a pretty fun read.

Kincaid is a bit of a narcissist. Reminds me of someone in their middle age reminiscing about how great they use to be in sports in college or something, up until that fateful accident that shattered their dreams of going pro, when in truth they never had a chance. I like to think that he's actually not that great, just that he has a lot of edge and wins through a lot of luck. Like that maybe he didn't actually lose all that much essence from his vampire attack, but that he uses that as an excuse to help explain why he doesn't perceive himself as the greatest mage of all time now.

Like maybe Kincaid was magic 5, he has some ware, a head comm, cybereyes, and 3 data jacks, so that's something like 1 essense. Maybe the vampire attack took 1 essense. So that'd place him at magic 3 now. Which is pretty average. But I think Kincaid thought of himself as like magic 10 or something, up there with dragons and immortal elves, but in truth he was not even like at the top of the magic food chain in his prime. He is at least an initiate, but initiation doesn't raise magic, it just unlocks meta magics, and we know he at least knows one of those.

Kincaid's narrations just makes the story feel really bias towards him. That's not a complaint, that's very much how people tell stories about themselves. So I like to think that some of the things he says are half truths to make himself look better than he really is.
Vegetaman
Finally purchased this today (using the kindle for PC app to read it). With this and the Shadowrun Returns fiction... I'm really feeling the itch for wanting more Shadowrun fiction again. My book shelf hasn't made too many new friends, as of late!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012