Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RE: Distinctive Style
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Dakka Fiend
QUOTE (nezumi @ Feb 12 2013, 03:41 PM) *
A mage walks into a bar and sees four accountants and a werewolf. The mage can remember their signatures and match them in the future, but only one of those is going to make him do a double take.

That's easy; one of them is something special.
Kiirnodel
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Feb 12 2013, 07:25 AM) *
Actually, the closest thing mechanically to an Astral Distinctive Style would be Astral Impressions, though it's a loose fit. Note that this is SR3, and Data Shadow does not exist.

~J

Wouldn't the negative quality Astral Beacon be what you're looking for here?

If I'm remembering the quality right it gives you the traits of "you are easier to notice astrally and easier to track". That's pretty much verbatim what Distinctive Style gives in the physical realm...
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Kiirnodel @ Feb 13 2013, 01:16 PM) *
Wouldn't the negative quality Astral Beacon be what you're looking for here?

It wouldn't, because that's from the wrong edition.

~J
Kiirnodel
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Feb 13 2013, 05:29 PM) *
It wouldn't, because that's from the wrong edition.

~J

Ah, my bad. Didn't notice the sr3 tag before. But you could use the SR4 quality as a basis maybe? Someone's Astral signature being Distinctive (unique) is a given. However, it being noticeable and easily traceable is a different story...
Kliko
There's a sr3 edge called "Astral Chameleon" ...
Kagetenshi
And a corresponding Flaw, Astral Impressions. I didn't view Astral Impressions as being sufficiently analogous to Distinctive Style, but it could be an option.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012