Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transgenetic Alteration - Animal features
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
All4BigGuns
QUOTE (Teulisch @ Feb 16 2013, 07:36 AM) *
you forgot the .3 essence for the genetic modification to get that.
also? your taking the fluff too literally. genetic heritage covers a number of possibilities which include inheritance.... but test subject alpha could just be a test tube baby.

Pax is right. It's .3 Essence or the Essence cost of the implant being replicated.

The other 'genetic quality' would be the one for that, not Genetic Heritage.

Edit- Just looked it up because not remembering the name for it was bothering me. Gene Crafted would be the one you're thinking of.
Makki
Just found another use for Genetic Heritage:

As per RC p.110 one can get non-magical Metagenetic Qualities as Trangenic Alterations for at least 0.1 Essence and BP x 25k nuyen.gif . Since this can be a ridiculous amount of money...
Best use is Metagenetic Improvement (500k nuyen.gif ), which stacks with Genetic Optimization.
ZeroPoint
QUOTE (Makki @ Feb 18 2013, 04:24 AM) *
Just found another use for Genetic Heritage:

As per RC p.110 one can get non-magical Metagenetic Qualities as Trangenic Alterations for at least 0.1 Essence and BP x 25k nuyen.gif . Since this can be a ridiculous amount of money...
Best use is Metagenetic Improvement (500k nuyen.gif ), which stacks with Genetic Optimization.

Oh yeah, i posted on the use for this a year ago or so...and i was totally surprised when nobody responded to my post like it didn't exist...

Edit: What i had to say on the subject << here >>
Makki
QUOTE (ZeroPoint @ Feb 18 2013, 08:25 PM) *
Oh yeah, i posted on the use for this a year ago or so...and i was totally surprised when nobody responded to my post like it didn't exist...

Edit: What i had to say on the subject << here >>

yeah. I think It's not that much of an abuse. Instead of 10BP + a flaw you pay 10BP and some Essence
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012